Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. 04:25 - Aug 22 with 2134 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Were saying not to get carried away, that luck was on our side, results are clouding performances, it’s small margins etc.. they’re the same people ignoring the fact that it’s same small margins now that are going against us.

If is the key words here but if Fraser scored the penalty a week ago, Bonne scores the tap in on Tuesday of we take just one of our chances today at 1-0, the reaction would be a lot less than it is now. The results on the face of it are clearly disappointing but as a whole; performances are better than the last few years. Let’s not get carried away.

If I can’t get carried away when we’re winning by ‘small margins’, you can’t get carried away when we’re losing by them. Keep the faith.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 4:26]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:54 - Aug 22 with 406 viewstimothyeo

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:46 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

The frustration is the large volume of people who don't understand how complex the 4 2 3 1 attacking formation is to get right.

We saw with Lamberts version he basically got the defensive side spot on, but had no idea how to do the business up the other end and after the beginning of the season it was obvious we were only just getting through games which wasn't going to continue.

PC's 4 2 3 1 is and will be completely different but this comes with a lot of coaching and a lot of training and game time to get right. These individual mistakes are being caused by us taking the game to teams and not just sitting and soaking up teams attacks, we're looking to get on the front foot immediately. We have attacking movements which at present leaves some holes behind, this will soon start to work itself out as players get to know the phases we're going into and where they need to be at certain times. We're getting the ball into the box a hell of alot more, but we're not yet reading that situation enough to have bodies in the box for them, again, something that will grow in time.

Hopefully the owners will understand this as they are going to need patience, the simpletons are going to get louder with their groans and boo's all the way through the transition period as they think it's FM2021 and you can just pick a side and win a game.

I dont like to mention it but having coached, albeit for a small time, at League Two level, this is the biggest load of nonsense you'll likely read on a football forum.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:55 - Aug 22 with 393 viewschrismakin

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:54 - Aug 22 by timothyeo

I dont like to mention it but having coached, albeit for a small time, at League Two level, this is the biggest load of nonsense you'll likely read on a football forum.

lol. not a suprise you're not anymore then

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:01 - Aug 22 with 380 viewstimothyeo

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:27 - Aug 22 by Keaneish

Yesterday was an open game with both sides trying to win it, which is what we want to see at PR and more power to it. You’re right in what you say to an extent in my view but I’d point to the fact that we got in behind MK Dons 7 or 8 times and most of the game they were playing in front of us. It’s these stats or moments that are the most telling for me - cut out the mistakes and we’ll go up but we have to be smarter. We can’t take the level of naivety we showed against Cheltenham to Wycombe.

This is an important point that needs to be addressed and relates to this 'individual mistakes' being the only reason we lose games.

Teams have been relegated from leagues spending most games complaining about individual mistakes. Why more individual mistakes than other teams?

There's a variety of reasons but it's worth noting against MK Dons, individual mistakes are far more likely if youre playing at home and the away side have more of the ball than you do. There's a psychological pressure to be on the front foot yet you're chasing the ball, expelling energy both physically and mentally. The chances of individual mistakes are directly affected by the general team performance.

One key thing to note is most of our better play has come when we are a goal behind. When I say better play, I use the term loosely, because in reality its not better, it just looks better. People praised the reaction to Morecambe going a goal up but as soon as they did they got everyone behind the ball, understandably so as a newly promoted League One side against the best squad in the division.

Unfortunately, fans get tricked easily. In that situation we had plenty of the ball and some nice passing triangles. The problem is Morecambe were more than happy for us to do that, we were allowed to. Of course we did end up scoring twice which isn't that surprising with the level of defensive ability in their side.

My ultimate concern is we don't look good enough to create against an experienced, defensive league one side , but a lot of our fans will assume because we had most of the ball we played well.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:09 - Aug 22 with 352 viewsdavblue

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:43 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Players that do what Skuse can do whilst offering more going forward are generally playing in the Prem, mate.

Then we have to see if we can get a younger player who’s on the way up. Easier said than done of course, but Cook wants midfielders who can do more than 1 role for the team. Have to be all rounders.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:15 - Aug 22 with 344 viewschrismakin

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:01 - Aug 22 by timothyeo

This is an important point that needs to be addressed and relates to this 'individual mistakes' being the only reason we lose games.

Teams have been relegated from leagues spending most games complaining about individual mistakes. Why more individual mistakes than other teams?

There's a variety of reasons but it's worth noting against MK Dons, individual mistakes are far more likely if youre playing at home and the away side have more of the ball than you do. There's a psychological pressure to be on the front foot yet you're chasing the ball, expelling energy both physically and mentally. The chances of individual mistakes are directly affected by the general team performance.

One key thing to note is most of our better play has come when we are a goal behind. When I say better play, I use the term loosely, because in reality its not better, it just looks better. People praised the reaction to Morecambe going a goal up but as soon as they did they got everyone behind the ball, understandably so as a newly promoted League One side against the best squad in the division.

Unfortunately, fans get tricked easily. In that situation we had plenty of the ball and some nice passing triangles. The problem is Morecambe were more than happy for us to do that, we were allowed to. Of course we did end up scoring twice which isn't that surprising with the level of defensive ability in their side.

My ultimate concern is we don't look good enough to create against an experienced, defensive league one side , but a lot of our fans will assume because we had most of the ball we played well.

not true though is it

We had plenty of the ball under lambert, no one waxed lyrical about how the football was great.

What I have enjoyed so far about the games is the mixed passing, short, long, diags.
The shifts from left to right, the fullbacks getting high and involved and alot more whipped balls into the box.
Overtime we will start understanding these phases and we'll start seeing some more bodies into the box, but it's something that will take time to become natural.

I agree on the individual mistakes being made due to immediately wanting to be on the front foot, it's something I touched on last night. It is however something that can be resolved.

I agree against tougher sides we're going to need more, it will be interesting to see how it goes, but im also pleased that apart from the individual errors, we've not been overly cut open.

MK have always had the majority of possession so that wasn't a shock yesturday, in twine, shooting from 40 yards a time, their stats make it look worse than it worse. Yes they hit the bar late on which would have been gutting, but overall it was a good battle between 2 good league 1 sides.

Cut the individal mistakes and we go into being a good winning side, we then need to grow further.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:21 - Aug 22 with 342 viewsBlueBadger

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:45 - Aug 22 by Bluefish

Interestingly enough the same people that said mid table championship under mick wasn't good enough or selling the academy kids and bringing in others for a net profit under Evans wasn't good enough now accept being near the bottom of division 3 with no wins this season and only 4 in 21. They point to improved performances again just like under Lambert and Hurst and will argue to death that the results are wrong.

Funny old game
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 7:45]

As predicted , the boo boys are back by BlueBadger 21 Aug 2021 21:03
Ironically, the people booing were probably the same ones who who sung 'Paul Lambert is a blue' whilst he led us to a spineless relegation.

/Bluefish mode off

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:24 - Aug 22 with 340 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:21 - Aug 22 by BlueBadger

As predicted , the boo boys are back by BlueBadger 21 Aug 2021 21:03
Ironically, the people booing were probably the same ones who who sung 'Paul Lambert is a blue' whilst he led us to a spineless relegation.

/Bluefish mode off

Your syntax is all to cock there. You can't put spaces in the command. its should have been /bluefishmodeoff

What you've done is run the command 'Bluefish'

You'll be stuck as him forever.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:35 - Aug 22 with 326 views66notout

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:01 - Aug 22 by timothyeo

Best squad in the division? I'm not sure about that and have yet to see any evidence of it.
Login to get fewer ads

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:41 - Aug 22 with 311 viewsBlueBadger

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:24 - Aug 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

Your syntax is all to cock there. You can't put spaces in the command. its should have been /bluefishmodeoff

What you've done is run the command 'Bluefish'

You'll be stuck as him forever.

FOPRP

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:43 - Aug 22 with 306 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:41 - Aug 22 by BlueBadger

FOPRP

Don't reveal my name!!

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 10:46 - Aug 22 with 296 viewstimothyeo

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:55 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

lol. not a suprise you're not anymore then

What's the highest level you've coached at, considering your non-existent knowledge of tactics?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024