Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! 22:25 - Aug 28 with 2102 viewsVic

I would imagine that they might just be drafting up Plan B, because whilst they said this will take time, I’m not sure they expected this. If they are wise they’ll have a contingency plan in case things are not really rolling in a few matches.

The key thing is, how many matches will they give him to get it right?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:28 - Aug 28 with 2069 viewswkj

I am sure they will be informally drawing up a contingency plan around this time. You'd like to think they have an idea for who should replace Cook in about 4 weeks time if our fortunes don't improve any.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:31 - Aug 28 with 2044 viewsjayessess

I think 5 games they'll still be relatively relaxed? It's too small a sample to form a proper judgement, there's some mitigating circumstances (our recruitment and pre-season clearly didn't go well). Next 5 games I think we'll have to step it up from disastrous to at least mediocre, then the next 5 to play-off form, then after that promotion form.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:32 - Aug 28 with 2024 viewswkj

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:31 - Aug 28 by jayessess

I think 5 games they'll still be relatively relaxed? It's too small a sample to form a proper judgement, there's some mitigating circumstances (our recruitment and pre-season clearly didn't go well). Next 5 games I think we'll have to step it up from disastrous to at least mediocre, then the next 5 to play-off form, then after that promotion form.

A rational plan, but can you say in good faith that you have faith in Cook being able to achieve this? I hope that he does, but I have lost all the 'warm fuzzies' for him

Crybaby

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:33 - Aug 28 with 2004 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:31 - Aug 28 by jayessess

How do you mean recruitment and pre-season are mitigating circumstances?

PC got pretty much everyone he wanted.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:37 - Aug 28 with 1956 viewsjayessess

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:33 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it's fairly obvious now that they didn't arrive on the timescale or at the fitness levels we required for August (something some of us expressed concern about in June/July, but anyway...).

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:37 - Aug 28 with 1953 viewspointofblue

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:33 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes, but he didn't get them all in place on June 1st so...

Ignore every other team that's undergone a complete overhaul and are doing better than us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:41 - Aug 28 with 1912 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I would think they would be already quietly talking to people behind the scenes in case this continues.

He wasn't their first choice. They also have to be thinking what happens if he walks. Ashton and O'Leary work off a statistic based model and at a win rate of just 19% Cook currently has (excluding caretakers) the worst win percentage of any Ipswich manager ever bar Hurst at 6.7%.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:41 - Aug 28 with 1910 viewstractorshark

I think whether or not we make any more signings before Tuesday’s deadline could be a gauge.
Do they trust him with more money or not?
Of course it could just be they’re all happy with the squad we have.
Login to get fewer ads

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:42 - Aug 28 with 1898 viewsSteve_D

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:37 - Aug 28 by pointofblue

Yes, but he didn't get them all in place on June 1st so...

Ignore every other team that's undergone a complete overhaul and are doing better than us.

Knocking on Eddie Howes door
I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:43 - Aug 28 with 1895 viewsitfcsuth

These are professional men who have been around football a long long time.

They will realise given the huge changes, on and off the pitch - the manager, staff and players need longer than 1 month and 5 games to settle, develop and build together.
I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:46 - Aug 28 with 1872 viewsVic

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:41 - Aug 28 by tractorshark

I think whether or not we make any more signings before Tuesday’s deadline could be a gauge.
Do they trust him with more money or not?
Of course it could just be they’re all happy with the squad we have.

I don’t honestly think this is anything to do with signings. There is absolutely no problem with who he has brought in. If the money is there then I’m sure they will buy more players, because with a squad this good it’s. It about not havin* the right players. The buck stops with Cook. The pressure mounts.

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:49 - Aug 28 with 1849 viewsVic

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:43 - Aug 28 by itfcsuth

These are professional men who have been around football a long long time.

They will realise given the huge changes, on and off the pitch - the manager, staff and players need longer than 1 month and 5 games to settle, develop and build together.

Not getting hold of games, not retaining a lead, giving a play soft goals isn’t anything to do with changes. They shouldn’t need much longer than this.

Plus the manager has been here for plenty long enough!

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:49 - Aug 28 with 1839 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:37 - Aug 28 by jayessess

I think it's fairly obvious now that they didn't arrive on the timescale or at the fitness levels we required for August (something some of us expressed concern about in June/July, but anyway...).

That's a bit desperate.

PC can have no complaints re recruitment at all.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:50 - Aug 28 with 1827 viewswkj

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:49 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's a bit desperate.

I one major exception to this is the GK situation. We didn't seem to land our main targets and we settled on Hladky - who is for my money - no better than Dai Cornell.

Crybaby

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:55 - Aug 28 with 1784 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:50 - Aug 28 by wkj

I one major exception to this is the GK situation. We didn't seem to land our main targets and we settled on Hladky - who is for my money - no better than Dai Cornell.

No one lands all their targets.

99% of managers in our League would swap places with PC in terms of recruitment.

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:57 - Aug 28 with 1768 viewswkj

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:55 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

No one lands all their targets.

99% of managers in our League would swap places with PC in terms of recruitment.

They certainly wouldn't swap points tally though. Let's not forget that we're not the only team that made a high number of changes to the squad this season.

Crybaby

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 23:00 - Aug 28 with 1742 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:57 - Aug 28 by wkj

They certainly wouldn't swap points tally though. Let's not forget that we're not the only team that made a high number of changes to the squad this season.

Of course they wouldn't.

But it's not down to bad recruitment.

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 09:51 - Aug 29 with 1169 viewsjayessess

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 22:49 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's a bit desperate.

I don't think it's something PC can complain about, I do think it's a reason to believe that our first 5 games won't necessarily be a particularly representative sample for the next 40.

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 10:15 - Aug 29 with 1077 viewsWD19

There is no real mitigation.

Although we clearly didn’t get all of our ‘first picks’ in the recruitment market, it went quite smoothly on the whole.

Nearly everyone we have played so far will finish in the bottom half of the league. Three of the games have been at home. It’s the 3rd division.
I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 10:23 - Aug 29 with 1029 viewsPinewoodblue

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 10:15 - Aug 29 by WD19

Although we clearly didn’t get all of our ‘first picks’ in the recruitment market, it went quite smoothly on the whole.

Nearly everyone we have played so far will finish in the bottom half of the league. Three of the games have been at home. It’s the 3rd division.

Only two teams have scored more goal and none have conceded more than Town a total reversal on recent years.

Reminds me so much of the Joe Royle years except our defending is worse

Our current situation as nothing to do with gelling and everything to do with inadequate coaching.

If Holy doesn’t start next game add poor ream selection to the list.

PC is under pressure, pressure of his own making.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 10:38 - Aug 29 with 988 viewsjayessess

I wonder what Ashton and O’Leary are making of this! on 10:15 - Aug 29 by WD19

When I say "mitigating circumstances", I don't really mean excuses. I mean, factors that might make performances in August unrepresentative of the rest of our season.

At this point, the calculation is not "is this good enough?" but "is this likely to improve?"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024