Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle 08:53 - Aug 30 with 5717 viewsblueboyd

Without the capability of unlimited signings at his fingertips, it is a bit of an own-goal to have to replace the goalkeeper already because he is not really as good as we thought.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:19 - Aug 30 with 777 viewsElephantintheRoom

A stark indication of just how useless the new gang are, None of them have anything in common with Ipswich, or probably even care overly much as they've been here about as long as the players.

Getting rid of an entire squad, just on the say-so of an iffy manager was always going to be a high-risk strategy, as is allowing the new regime to spend, spend, spend their pot of borrowed money on replacements who may or may not be as good as what was there already..

It is rather curious that supporters latch on to a bunch of complete strangers on and off the pitch - and assume they will make an effective team - off or on the pitch

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 12:28 - Aug 30 with 728 viewsFBI

I was thinking about Hladky's form and it just occurred to me that there might be other factors at play that affect his form.

Unlike other players (or at least more than...) he depends on knowing what his defenders will do, how they'll react, where they'll be, etc and the uncertainty at the back can't be helping that. Then there's the fact that he's moved from one end of the country to the other very recently (yes, I know they all have but each player's an individual): I don't know if he's in a Travelodge or is renting or whatever, but perhaps he or his family are struggling to settle in? After all, Suffolk is very different to Mcr and those external factors can all come into play, even subcionsciously and, when you're a keeper, the mental game is very different to that of an outfield player.

I've no basis for any of this, just random thoughts really.

PS: Is a farcicle an amusingly shaped icicle?

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 15:55 - Aug 30 with 672 viewsronnyd

Nearly as farcical as your spelling of farcical.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 19:45 - Aug 30 with 607 viewsBlue_Moses

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:14 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

laughable that we are replacing players already this season as they ain't up to it though

Would you rather we just kept plodding along with those that aren't up to it?
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:35 - Aug 30 with 557 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:02 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Well if we got promoted you'd want some squad space for Champ quality players so loans make sense and a couple of 1 year deals, nothin wrong in them surely. Not every signing is going to be champ ready in league 1.

5 loans is poor management.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:38 - Aug 30 with 549 viewschrismakin

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:35 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'd agree if there were on par with last seasons 6

These however have potential to turn into more than loan's depending on our season result.

I will exclude Barry as I don't really get that one.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:46 - Aug 30 with 541 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:19 - Aug 30 by ElephantintheRoom

A stark indication of just how useless the new gang are, None of them have anything in common with Ipswich, or probably even care overly much as they've been here about as long as the players.

Getting rid of an entire squad, just on the say-so of an iffy manager was always going to be a high-risk strategy, as is allowing the new regime to spend, spend, spend their pot of borrowed money on replacements who may or may not be as good as what was there already..

It is rather curious that supporters latch on to a bunch of complete strangers on and off the pitch - and assume they will make an effective team - off or on the pitch

‘It is rather curious that supporters latch on to a complete bunch of strangers on and off the pitch’

I think that’s precisely what football supporting is, no?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:48 - Aug 30 with 534 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:38 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

I'd agree if there were on par with last seasons 6

These however have potential to turn into more than loan's depending on our season result.

I will exclude Barry as I don't really get that one.

Agree to differ.

3 loans max per season for me.

Also, the board was raving when we signed McGuinness and Parrot last season, so it's a bit early to judge this season's bunch.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:49 - Aug 30 with 532 viewstextbackup

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:35 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bonne takes £18k a week at QPR, to bring him in on £4K a week in the league below, and he’s got 3 in 2 games, seems pretty good to me.... or you not having the facts

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:58 - Aug 30 with 507 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:49 - Aug 30 by textbackup

Bonne takes £18k a week at QPR, to bring him in on £4K a week in the league below, and he’s got 3 in 2 games, seems pretty good to me.... or you not having the facts

Where did I say I didn't like Bonne?

I said I don't like 5 loans.

3 maximum for me.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 23:06 - Aug 30 with 493 viewstextbackup

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 22:58 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Where did I say I didn't like Bonne?

I said I don't like 5 loans.

3 maximum for me.

You said 5 loans is poor management - how was I suppose to know which particular ones were an issue and which weren’t?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 23:09 - Aug 30 with 490 viewsGeomorph

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 12:28 - Aug 30 by FBI

I was thinking about Hladky's form and it just occurred to me that there might be other factors at play that affect his form.

Unlike other players (or at least more than...) he depends on knowing what his defenders will do, how they'll react, where they'll be, etc and the uncertainty at the back can't be helping that. Then there's the fact that he's moved from one end of the country to the other very recently (yes, I know they all have but each player's an individual): I don't know if he's in a Travelodge or is renting or whatever, but perhaps he or his family are struggling to settle in? After all, Suffolk is very different to Mcr and those external factors can all come into play, even subcionsciously and, when you're a keeper, the mental game is very different to that of an outfield player.

I've no basis for any of this, just random thoughts really.

PS: Is a farcicle an amusingly shaped icicle?

He was staying in the Novotel at the start of the season
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 02:46 - Aug 31 with 424 viewsRyorry

Testicles.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 07:06 - Aug 31 with 367 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 02:46 - Aug 31 by Ryorry

Testicles.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024