Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle 08:53 - Aug 30 with 5720 viewsblueboyd

Without the capability of unlimited signings at his fingertips, it is a bit of an own-goal to have to replace the goalkeeper already because he is not really as good as we thought.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:25 - Aug 30 with 739 viewsReuser_is_God

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:24 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure back up keepers usually get 5k per week in L1.

They do at Ipswich now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:25 - Aug 30 with 744 viewsitfcjoe

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:18 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

I think it shows what we have become, whilst signing players is good for the club and was needed due to Cooks hatred of old-ipswich, signing more and more players now is going to leave a bunch of very unhappy players unable to play each week.

3 fully paid first team goalkeepers after one place, it is too Man City for my liking

Cook wants to get 3 more in by time the window closes - if he does he will have signed more players in one window than Sir Bobby did in 13 years….!

I know it is a different game now, but that’s incredible

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:27 - Aug 30 with 732 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:23 - Aug 30 by bobbyramsey

We have a problem, we fix it.

Do you have difficulty comprehending logic?

No, I forgot we are now a premier league club able to make such poor decisions by splashing cash all the time.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:27 - Aug 30 with 730 viewsRomeo4

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:22 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

He was the best keeper in L2 by far last season, most clean sheets and team of the year despite playing for a not very good team. Won all their player of the year awards - he needs persisting with

I’d like to see Hladky given a chance behind a stronger spine ie. 2 dominant CBs and an effective defensive midfielder before judging him.

That said if Cook was always intending on bringing in 2 keepers this summer and Walton was his target then happy to bring him in and let the best man win the place. I expect Holy to go if that has been the longer term goal.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:29 - Aug 30 with 718 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:27 - Aug 30 by Romeo4

I’d like to see Hladky given a chance behind a stronger spine ie. 2 dominant CBs and an effective defensive midfielder before judging him.

That said if Cook was always intending on bringing in 2 keepers this summer and Walton was his target then happy to bring him in and let the best man win the place. I expect Holy to go if that has been the longer term goal.

Holy is ex-Ipswich so he must be on the way out.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:29 - Aug 30 with 713 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:27 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

No, I forgot we are now a premier league club able to make such poor decisions by splashing cash all the time.

What part of 'we've been trying to sign Walton all summer' are you struggling with?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:30 - Aug 30 with 713 viewsGlasgowBlue

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:15 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

he was lauded after by many ITK ITFC fans.... now he is being replaced. Comedy.

Yes. He came highly recommended and had an excellent reputation in Scotland and at Salford.

He hasn’t started well. He looks low on confidence. Nothing wrong with taking him out of the firing line and developing him behind the scenes.

No one is writing him off long term.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:31 - Aug 30 with 711 viewspointofblue

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:25 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

Cook wants to get 3 more in by time the window closes - if he does he will have signed more players in one window than Sir Bobby did in 13 years….!

Not unusual for him though - he did similar with Portsmouth and Wigan. Saying that, the signing of Aluko is sticking out like a sore thumb.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:32 - Aug 30 with 702 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:25 - Aug 30 by Reuser_is_God

They do at Ipswich now.

Lol

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:32 - Aug 30 with 707 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:14 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

I don’t like the approach personally, we’ve paid £300k for Hladky and are paying him £5k a week on a three year deal - is he now on the scrap heap?

I can’t wait for the window to end

You're looking at it from the view point that we're only getting Walton because of Hladkys start to the season. There is the other view point (which is equally plausible and had been reported earlier in summer) that we wanted to bring in 2 new keepers from the start.

If a top target suddenly becomes available, who wasn't beforehand, this regime pounces on the opportunity. Already seen rewards for doing that with Edwards.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:34 - Aug 30 with 689 viewsHighgateBlue

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:58 - Aug 30 by bobbyramsey

Because some people are looking for any angle to take a shot at Cook.

Yes, true. I'm happy to take plenty of shots at Cook at present, but what he has screwed up is the defensive side of our team. Bringing in a keeper of Walton's quality is precisely the sort of step required to solve this issue, so personally if Walton comes in, I would give Cook huge credit, and then he must bed in our new defence. Once they're all fit, that is...
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:34 - Aug 30 with 688 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:31 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

Not unusual for him though - he did similar with Portsmouth and Wigan. Saying that, the signing of Aluko is sticking out like a sore thumb.

A fair bit of short terms with potentially 5 loans, and two players in on one year deals.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:34 - Aug 30 with 685 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:15 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

he was lauded after by many ITK ITFC fans.... now he is being replaced. Comedy.

The way some fans seem to know the football market continues to astound me as some of the players we’ve signed I’ve known little about, other than when they’ve played against us.

I assume the next signings will also be considered as ‘Quality’ right up until they’ve played for us and the about turns occur
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:39 - Aug 30 with 669 viewsbobbyramsey

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:25 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

Would you rather he didn't replace some of the 25+ players that he offloaded?
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:40 - Aug 30 with 667 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What's farcical is supporters complaining at us signing a really good player.

I expect you'll be moaning about Celina next.

FFS, some of the fans we have...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:40 - Aug 30 with 667 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes, "to have to" replace the goalkeeper is absolutely terrible. But that need has already arisen. The question is, should Cook pretend the need doesn't exist, or take corrective action. For me, it's the latter. Cook has screwed up our defence. Now he's putting it right. Credit where credit's due, in my view.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:43 - Aug 30 with 654 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:29 - Aug 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

What part of 'we've been trying to sign Walton all summer' are you struggling with?

erm... proof of this rather than just faceless people saying it... PROOF DEAR BOY PROOOOOOF!!!!!
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:44 - Aug 30 with 646 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:40 - Aug 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

What's farcical is supporters complaining at us signing a really good player.

I expect you'll be moaning about Celina next.

FFS, some of the fans we have...

Yes, it is another signing pushing newly signed players down the pecking order, there are also injury concerns but hey ho.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:45 - Aug 30 with 642 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:40 - Aug 30 by HighgateBlue

Yes, "to have to" replace the goalkeeper is absolutely terrible. But that need has already arisen. The question is, should Cook pretend the need doesn't exist, or take corrective action. For me, it's the latter. Cook has screwed up our defence. Now he's putting it right. Credit where credit's due, in my view.

5 games not enough to judge Cook on, but enough to judge Hladky on...

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:46 - Aug 30 with 638 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:40 - Aug 30 by HighgateBlue

yeah I forgot we are a big club with unlimited signing tokens, people raved about Cook but where would he be had it not been for gamechanger. They have given him the ability to replace his own signings after a handful of games.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:46 - Aug 30 with 634 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:39 - Aug 30 by bobbyramsey

Would you rather he didn't replace some of the 25+ players that he offloaded?

It was his choice to turnover the whole squad.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:48 - Aug 30 with 617 views3_5_2

Correct thing to do in my view.

Holy will be sold. Loaned.

Move on

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:49 - Aug 30 with 607 viewsbobbyramsey

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:46 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was his choice to turnover the whole squad.

Yes it was and they obviously needed replacing.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 9:50]
[Redacted] on 09:55 - Aug 30 with 577 viewsvictorywilhappen

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:18 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

I think it shows what we have become, whilst signing players is good for the club and was needed due to Cooks hatred of old-ipswich, signing more and more players now is going to leave a bunch of very unhappy players unable to play each week.

3 fully paid first team goalkeepers after one place, it is too Man City for my liking

[Redacted]
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:59 - Aug 30 with 549 viewschrismakin

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:14 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

I don’t like the approach personally, we’ve paid £300k for Hladky and are paying him £5k a week on a three year deal - is he now on the scrap heap?

I can’t wait for the window to end

No shock here is there, a positive move to enhance the team seen as a negative. And 5k on Hladky, lol, give over.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024