Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle 08:53 - Aug 30 with 5719 viewsblueboyd

Without the capability of unlimited signings at his fingertips, it is a bit of an own-goal to have to replace the goalkeeper already because he is not really as good as we thought.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:02 - Aug 30 with 1054 viewschrismakin

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:34 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

A fair bit of short terms with potentially 5 loans, and two players in on one year deals.

Well if we got promoted you'd want some squad space for Champ quality players so loans make sense and a couple of 1 year deals, nothin wrong in them surely. Not every signing is going to be champ ready in league 1.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:02 - Aug 30 with 1067 viewsChrisd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:30 - Aug 30 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. He came highly recommended and had an excellent reputation in Scotland and at Salford.

He hasn’t started well. He looks low on confidence. Nothing wrong with taking him out of the firing line and developing him behind the scenes.

No one is writing him off long term.

I'd like him to pull through and start showing what he is capable of, however keeping him in the firing line when low on confidence can have a hugely negative impact too. Taking him out of that pressurised environment might be what he needs at the moment, so he's got longer to adjust. It's a tough call and not an easy decision, but one thing you can say is the club are being proactive. Imagine the outcry on here if we persisted with Hladky and he continues to underwhelm and cost us goals. People will be questioning why PC didn't act beforehand?! At the moment, PC can't do right for doing wrong with some it seems.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 10:05]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:09 - Aug 30 with 1037 viewsWD19

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:22 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

He was the best keeper in L2 by far last season, most clean sheets and team of the year despite playing for a not very good team. Won all their player of the year awards - he needs persisting with

Holy was one of the better ones in the division above whilst playing for Gillingham. He then joined us and racked up the clean sheets.

If we persist with Hladky much longer our season will be over. I don’t see we have much choice.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 10:31]
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:13 - Aug 30 with 1019 viewsArnieM

It’s not farcical. Town told Holy he would not be wanted , and Cornell also. We get in a GK ( Hladky) who has struggled so far ( can’t get every signing right first time !), and now we’re signing out 2nd GK. who I suspect will go straight in the team to stabilise the defence hopefully, and allow Hladky a chance to settle in at the higher level over a period of time .

Not sure what’s “farcical” about that at all !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:14 - Aug 30 with 1012 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Have to say I'm in favour of another keeper coming in. Hladky is certainly better than we've seen but seems to be struggling with both form and confidence.

Needed to get him out of the firing line.

It's Celina that feels like fiddling like Rome burns to me. Would much rather it was a boring old defensive coach coming in than another attacker.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:15 - Aug 30 with 995 viewschrismakin

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:13 - Aug 30 by ArnieM

It’s not farcical. Town told Holy he would not be wanted , and Cornell also. We get in a GK ( Hladky) who has struggled so far ( can’t get every signing right first time !), and now we’re signing out 2nd GK. who I suspect will go straight in the team to stabilise the defence hopefully, and allow Hladky a chance to settle in at the higher level over a period of time .

Coz it shows PC is getting the clubs support and they don't like it

Imagine that. " Goals we are conceded are rubbish, "

Sign quality GK to help on that front

booooooooooooooo, that's wrong

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:19 - Aug 30 with 980 viewsWD19

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:14 - Aug 30 by OriginalMarkyP

Have to say I'm in favour of another keeper coming in. Hladky is certainly better than we've seen but seems to be struggling with both form and confidence.

Needed to get him out of the firing line.

It's Celina that feels like fiddling like Rome burns to me. Would much rather it was a boring old defensive coach coming in than another attacker.

Agree with this. Signing Celina is just plain odd and makes the signing of Barry and Aluko make even less sense. Did Ashton go off sick for a couple of days mid transfer window and let someone else have a go at getting players?
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:24 - Aug 30 with 954 viewsFixed_It

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:22 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

He was the best keeper in L2 by far last season, most clean sheets and team of the year despite playing for a not very good team. Won all their player of the year awards - he needs persisting with

But you'll still question the manager if the GK continues to cost us points...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:27 - Aug 30 with 944 viewsWickets

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:59 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

have we? I have not seen it reported anywhere

We did try for him but the price tag was too big ! it has now been reduced apparently the fee is still too much and a loan is the likely outcome ?
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:27 - Aug 30 with 934 viewsITFCBlues

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:24 - Aug 30 by Fixed_It

But you'll still question the manager if the GK continues to cost us points...

Agree. He was calling for Appleton on Saturday so he's already made his choice.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:31 - Aug 30 with 935 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Has it been confirmed (Phil etc.) that he was a top target?.. or are we making assumptions based on what we think we know as well as wanting to put a more positive spin on it..

Genuine question and apologies if it’s already answered in this thread or story I missed over the summer
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:36 - Aug 30 with 912 viewspointofblue

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:27 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

Agree. He was calling for Appleton on Saturday so he's already made his choice.

Was he? I missed that. I do know some, not sure if it was Joe, we’re saying Appleton was the favoured pick of Gamechanger over Cook when we were looking to replace Lambert but that’s different to calling for Cook’s head.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:43 - Aug 30 with 898 viewsMediocre_Quick

We could sign Messi and our fans would still find something to moan about,

Walton was priority No1 at the start of the window, but wasn't available,
We turned to Siegrist, but presumably that failed as he saw Town as a stepping stone
So I assume we signed Hladky as our Plan c, so now Walton is available, we've gone for him, with the idea of Holy moving on

Pretty simple to understand what's going on
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:47 - Aug 30 with 884 viewsBlueandTruesince82

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:59 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

a signing at the end of the transfer window is surely showing that it is more needs must because Hladky is not doing well than a long drawn out transfer saga.

I don't think Cook has given Holy a fair shout to be honest but then he is ex-ipswich oldboys so only a matter of time I guess..

That's jumping to conclusions.

It shows that the GK we wanted all summer is now available and affordable where has previously BHA had been holding out for a perm and too much money.

We always wanted 2 GKS

Do we want a GK who played 46 times in the championship season if we can get them?

To not sign him would be cutting our nose off to spite put face

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:48 - Aug 30 with 875 viewschrismakin

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:47 - Aug 30 by BlueandTruesince82

That's jumping to conclusions.

It shows that the GK we wanted all summer is now available and affordable where has previously BHA had been holding out for a perm and too much money.

We always wanted 2 GKS

Do we want a GK who played 46 times in the championship season if we can get them?

To not sign him would be cutting our nose off to spite put face

Could also be the best thing to happen to Hladky tbh.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:50 - Aug 30 with 875 viewspointofblue

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:43 - Aug 30 by Mediocre_Quick

We could sign Messi and our fans would still find something to moan about,

Walton was priority No1 at the start of the window, but wasn't available,
We turned to Siegrist, but presumably that failed as he saw Town as a stepping stone
So I assume we signed Hladky as our Plan c, so now Walton is available, we've gone for him, with the idea of Holy moving on

Pretty simple to understand what's going on

To put it bluntly, if it wasn’t Walton it would be someone. I don’t think Cook wants to go into September with Holy as back up keeper.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:52 - Aug 30 with 858 viewsMediocre_Quick

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:50 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

To put it bluntly, if it wasn’t Walton it would be someone. I don’t think Cook wants to go into September with Holy as back up keeper.

May well have gone back in for Siegrist, good enough keeper, probably better than both of what we have, but Walton is a cut above all of them
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:55 - Aug 30 with 833 viewspointofblue

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:52 - Aug 30 by Mediocre_Quick

May well have gone back in for Siegrist, good enough keeper, probably better than both of what we have, but Walton is a cut above all of them

Part of me wonders if we were working from our back up shortlist, to cover for Hladky, but the start of the season has resulted in Cook asking for a new number one.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:00 - Aug 30 with 816 views_sanctimoanious_

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:24 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure back up keepers usually get 5k per week in L1.

Show me evidence we’re paying him 5k a week.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:02 - Aug 30 with 809 views_sanctimoanious_

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:25 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

Cook wants to get 3 more in by time the window closes - if he does he will have signed more players in one window than Sir Bobby did in 13 years….!

I know it is a different game now, but that’s incredible

Odd stick to beat Cook with here. Love how people use Sir Bob comparisons when it fits their agenda but berate others when it doesn’t.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:06 - Aug 30 with 797 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:44 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

Yes, it is another signing pushing newly signed players down the pecking order, there are also injury concerns but hey ho.

ha, I bet you were one of those panicking earlier in the summer that we weren't signing enough.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:09 - Aug 30 with 777 viewschrismakin

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:06 - Aug 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

ha, I bet you were one of those panicking earlier in the summer that we weren't signing enough.

I never understand this end of transfer window = Panic signing

It's quite simply the time where there's a lot of movement, players suddenly become available who weren't and there's deals to be done...

PC's known for a fair while things were still going to happen right upto the deadline, he's said as much in his press conferences about when it finishes, then it's time for the team to crack on etc.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:10 - Aug 30 with 781 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:02 - Aug 30 by Chrisd

I'd like him to pull through and start showing what he is capable of, however keeping him in the firing line when low on confidence can have a hugely negative impact too. Taking him out of that pressurised environment might be what he needs at the moment, so he's got longer to adjust. It's a tough call and not an easy decision, but one thing you can say is the club are being proactive. Imagine the outcry on here if we persisted with Hladky and he continues to underwhelm and cost us goals. People will be questioning why PC didn't act beforehand?! At the moment, PC can't do right for doing wrong with some it seems.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 10:05]

Spot on.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:11 - Aug 30 with 776 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:13 - Aug 30 by ArnieM

No it's very sensible. And the same posters moaning about this would be moaning if Cook did nothing.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 11:13 - Aug 30 with 770 viewsPhilTWTD

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 10:31 - Aug 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Has it been confirmed (Phil etc.) that he was a top target?.. or are we making assumptions based on what we think we know as well as wanting to put a more positive spin on it..

Genuine question and apologies if it’s already answered in this thread or story I missed over the summer

I think they were under the impression he was going somewhere else at the start of the summer so looked elsewhere. Obviously he has history with PC at Wigan and John Keeley at Brighton, so I think would have been well up the list if not top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024