Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys 13:00 - Sep 6 with 3004 viewstractorboy1978

Very insightful, open and honest.

'Top' Championship clubs were in for Edmundson and Chaplin - they were the tipping point in the window and several Championship CEOs rang him to say landing them was incredible business.

Celina, Morsy, Edwards were 3 players we'd been after since day 1 - remained in contact with them throughout the window.
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:11 - Sep 6 with 2908 viewssaffers12

Pleased all the posters gave me negative comments - when I named Morsy very early in the window
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:18 - Sep 6 with 2857 viewsZoomba

I have to agree. Well worth a listen if you have ~1 Hour free.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7935592-mark-ashton-s-transfer-window-debrief

Link if anyone needs.
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:26 - Sep 6 with 2791 viewsIllinoisblue

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:11 - Sep 6 by saffers12

Pleased all the posters gave me negative comments - when I named Morsy very early in the window

Link?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:27 - Sep 6 with 2800 viewstrncbluearmy

A Town fan made the the point on another thread that any criticism from the bristol fans is from a fans angle and really not having a clue what the job is about and the determination and focus a motivated person brings to the job.

This shines through in the interview, fascinating that some of these deals were done because of existing connections, agents that have become personal friends over the years and the backing of an experienced team.
None of this is possible if he was not respected in the game which he obviously has a deep knowledge of.

Ipswich Town are in a really good place at last, now all it needs is patience and NO FECKING BOOING.

An appeal was also made for matchday stewards/ matchday staff / painters /decorators to contact the club for work
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:43 - Sep 6 with 2647 viewsBluefish

Morsy says it was out of the blue and a shock. The captaincy thing backs up Ashton but the shirt number backs up Morsy. Both can't be correct

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:47 - Sep 6 with 2620 viewstractorboy1978

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:43 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

Morsy says it was out of the blue and a shock. The captaincy thing backs up Ashton but the shirt number backs up Morsy. Both can't be correct

Morsy didn't become available until very late - doesn't sound like it's a deal we expected to be able to do even though we were very interested in trying from day 1.
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:48 - Sep 6 with 2626 viewssaffers12

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:26 - Sep 6 by Illinoisblue

Link?

Morsy by saffers12 16 May 2021 13:53
Incoming

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:49 - Sep 6 with 2605 viewsSwansea_Blue

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:43 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

Yet Morsy himself says Cook had spoken to him about a move earlier in the window. So our interest certainly wasn't out of the blue to him, even if at that point he didn't think he'd be given the boot from Boro.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:52 - Sep 6 with 2577 viewsIllinoisblue

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:48 - Sep 6 by saffers12

Incoming

Well played for calling it early. But aside from a couple of non believers didn’t see many knocking you. More just incredulous that we could pull off the deal

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:53 - Sep 6 with 2571 viewsWD19

Morsy said that Cook had been in touch early in the window (i.e. From Day 1) and he had at that time said he had no intention of leaving Boro.

So whilst leaving Boro might be a shock, the interest from Town certainly wasn't.
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 14:04 - Sep 6 with 2447 viewsFixed_It

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:48 - Sep 6 by saffers12

Incoming

I would hardly say that makes you right, as the player himself didn't expect to be coming here at that point. He was always an obvious, albeit ambitious, target - we did well to pull it off in the end.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 14:09 - Sep 6 with 2414 viewsSamWhiteUK

Incoming

If we're to believe that thread, abracaDOBRA had already said it previous
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 14:09 - Sep 6 with 2409 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:18 - Sep 6 by Zoomba

Link if anyone needs.

The sounds of drilling and hammering were very reassuring that things are happening. Can't wait until we see some of the stadium seats getting replaced.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 14:12 - Sep 6 with 2385 viewsTractorCam

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:11 - Sep 6 by saffers12

Just the 107 days apart.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 16:34 - Sep 6 with 1999 viewsChurchman

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 13:18 - Sep 6 by Zoomba

Link if anyone needs.

Agreed. It was interesting. I did wondering if he had a recording going of people hammering and drilling to make it look as if work was going on. Only joking!
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 16:38 - Sep 6 with 1962 viewsJ2BLUE

I can't see the negative comments. You need to stop being so sensitive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 17:31 - Sep 6 with 1842 viewsSharkey

That bit about several Championship CEO's phoning him in admiration must be his Brentiest moment yet.
Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys (n/t) on 06:17 - Sep 7 with 1420 viewsHullblue

Another great interview with Ashton by the KOA guys on 17:31 - Sep 6 by Sharkey

That bit about several Championship CEO's phoning him in admiration must be his Brentiest moment yet.

“There goes Mark Ashton - I must remember to congratulate him.”
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 6:18]

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024