Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think 13:38 - Sep 7 with 3304 viewsblueasfook

A small gain for making most working people hate you.

Political suicide.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:07 - Sep 7 with 994 viewsnoggin

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:05 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

Good luck getting an NHS dentist.

Good luck getting an NHS anything.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:07 - Sep 7 with 996 viewsTrequartista

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:41 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

Working people who vote tory are idiots and deserve no better.

That will win them back.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:12 - Sep 7 with 982 viewsfactual_blue

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:47 - Sep 7 by noggin

You can bet your ass the NHS won't get a pay rise next year.

I don't have an ass. Can I bet my mule instead?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:27 - Sep 7 with 961 viewsHARRY10

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 18:06 - Sep 7 by ZXBlue

Isnt it a good idea to sort out social care and to bolster the NHS given the extraordinary circumstances of the last 18 months?

'sort out' ?

as in a party who have presided over fcking up both social care and the NHS, are know acknowledging that fact

PPE stocks stripped bare up to the pandemic, then millions wasted trying to resolve the problems caused

shortage of nursing staff, related to removing nurses bursaries - so huge sums are now spent on agency staff, as elsewhere in the NHS

other huge sums spunked away of wasteful and costly private social care

and so many other areas where dogma and the wish to screw money out of the system has caused so much trouble

........ and raising a 'tax' is supposed to sort all that out ?

what happened to the £50 million a week that was supposed to result from brexit ?

could it be that someone who is prepared to blatantly lie about that is now also lying ?
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 21:37 - Sep 7 with 902 viewsBlueBadger

Wasn't all this going to be paid for with a Brexit Dividend?

I'm starting to think this whole thing was a fraudulent exercise sold to an easily-duped public for the benefit of a few xenophobes and disaster capitalists.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 21:41 - Sep 7 with 898 viewsBlueBadger

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:07 - Sep 7 by Trequartista

That will win them back.

I thought they were also salt-of-the-earth, knockabout types who like people Who Tell It Like It Is, can handle some banta and hate woke snowflakes who take offence at the slightest thing?

You'd have to be terminally sensitive to vote to kick yourself repeatedly in the teeth for THAT reason.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 21:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 21:46 - Sep 7 with 886 viewsSwansea_Blue

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 15:18 - Sep 7 by hype313

He doesn't care, he's probably hoping to be ousted so he can then hit the post PM circuit to earn his riches.

He does always seem thoroughly put out that there’s an expectation on him to actually live up to the role. I suspect it wasn’t supposed to be difficult like this, but rather endless rounds of receptions and perks of the privilege.

Now he’s got it on his CV, I’m sure he won’t be shedding any tears when he’s ousted (unlike those who’ve suffered as a result of his incompetence).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 23:33 - Sep 7 with 844 viewsfactual_blue

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 21:37 - Sep 7 by BlueBadger

Wasn't all this going to be paid for with a Brexit Dividend?

I'm starting to think this whole thing was a fraudulent exercise sold to an easily-duped public for the benefit of a few xenophobes and disaster capitalists.

BUD WEEVE ZEND AWRL DE BRAWEN PEEPLE OME

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 00:19 - Sep 8 with 835 viewsBlueBadger

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:47 - Sep 7 by noggin

You can bet your ass the NHS won't get a pay rise next year.

Even taking the current 'rise' into account, it's been a real terms cut over the past decade.

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 00:22 - Sep 8 with 835 viewsBlueBadger

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:41 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

Working people who vote tory are idiots and deserve no better.

Your first word is superfluous.

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 01:52 - Sep 8 with 823 viewsBLUEBEAT

It’s actually just over a 10% increase.

Poll: W or W

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 08:06 - Sep 8 with 785 viewssolomon

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:41 - Sep 7 by tractordownsouth

It’s not political suicide. Elderly Tory voters don’t have to pay so Johnson won’t suffer.

For now.

Trust me, given time this will all unravel and they will be gone.
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 17:37 - Sep 8 with 712 viewsHARRY10

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 18:06 - Sep 7 by ZXBlue

Isnt it a good idea to sort out social care and to bolster the NHS given the extraordinary circumstances of the last 18 months?

It would have been better to have not let it get into this mess - and as stated, this is not sorting it out.

Only £5.4bn of the £36bn to be raised over 3 years will go to social care.

"In the Commons, the prime minister twice refused to say how much will go to councils for better care — despite a £5bn funding black hole even before Covid, leaving 1.6 million with unmet care needs."

But the real question here is whether the same folk will ignore the evidence and touching their forelock in the most grovelling 'master knows best' whine - trot out the misleading shyte their betters tell them.

Will they actually engage in the debate, or even ask what was the intent behind over a decade of cuts to social care. Why did it not occur to them that these cuts would inevitably lead to the mess we now see.

For as long as there are enough of the gutless cap doffers willing to accept being trod on, there will be those happy to benefit from walking all over them.
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 17:41 - Sep 8 with 705 viewsZXBlue

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:27 - Sep 7 by HARRY10

'sort out' ?

as in a party who have presided over fcking up both social care and the NHS, are know acknowledging that fact

PPE stocks stripped bare up to the pandemic, then millions wasted trying to resolve the problems caused

shortage of nursing staff, related to removing nurses bursaries - so huge sums are now spent on agency staff, as elsewhere in the NHS

other huge sums spunked away of wasteful and costly private social care

and so many other areas where dogma and the wish to screw money out of the system has caused so much trouble

........ and raising a 'tax' is supposed to sort all that out ?

what happened to the £50 million a week that was supposed to result from brexit ?

could it be that someone who is prepared to blatantly lie about that is now also lying ?

I think you need to look at the context of my comment. That is, it was a reply to a tory voter saying he objected to the policy because they were charging him more tax...
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 18:22 - Sep 8 with 683 viewsBluedicea

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 17:37 - Sep 8 by HARRY10

It would have been better to have not let it get into this mess - and as stated, this is not sorting it out.

Only £5.4bn of the £36bn to be raised over 3 years will go to social care.

"In the Commons, the prime minister twice refused to say how much will go to councils for better care — despite a £5bn funding black hole even before Covid, leaving 1.6 million with unmet care needs."

But the real question here is whether the same folk will ignore the evidence and touching their forelock in the most grovelling 'master knows best' whine - trot out the misleading shyte their betters tell them.

Will they actually engage in the debate, or even ask what was the intent behind over a decade of cuts to social care. Why did it not occur to them that these cuts would inevitably lead to the mess we now see.

For as long as there are enough of the gutless cap doffers willing to accept being trod on, there will be those happy to benefit from walking all over them.

I don't disagree with your point, just what you said at the end just isn't really true/accurate.

Social care is directed by local government, over the past decade they have had an increase in funding of 2.4 billion from central government. The local authorities have faced ballooning costs for it because they are constantly outsourcing it to private businesses, the costs for outsourcing it have risen 8.6 billion over the decade, due to them issuing contracts that can only be broken in extreme circumstances. So local councils are having to cut services elsewhere to fund the shortfall.

One local care company I have had some dealings with, has a 10 year contract to supply the local authority. The company is a shambles, often letting their down their clients, not providing the hours that are paid for by IBC. The local authority is aware of this and the company has been investigated and put under special measures. Yet the council cannot and will not end the contract as taking them to court would cost too much in the short term with no guarantee of winning, having to find a new company able to provide the same services, even though letting it run it's course is putting people in danger and will cost them more in the long run.

The whole care sector has been overlooked and underfunded since the mid nineties, when it was last given a little bit of governmental attention, both the Tories and Labour had promised in that time they would look at improving it. Neither ever did because they were aware the costs of it would mean extra taxation, so they pushed it aside as a problem to fix later, because NO party wants to become more unpopular.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 18:34 - Sep 8 with 678 viewssolomon

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:05 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

Good luck getting an NHS dentist.

If you do find one it’s odd on they won’t be for long.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024