Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The manager will always carry the can but 18:43 - Sep 11 with 1240 viewsCopfordBlue

our players are getting off very lightly on here. All the talk pre-season from players about how much quality there was in the squad etc etc. Very few of them have shown much at all other than a few flashes here and there.

Evans and Harper looked promising in the first game and the two pre-season home games. Awful since. They’re not the only ones either. Car park full of big flashy cars as usual. Maybe Keane was right about Ipswich - players come here for a nice easy life, polite fans and big wages.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:46 - Sep 11 with 1206 viewschrismakin

TBF to them though, they went into the game with the understanding that things take time from the gaffa. I know the pre match interview comments would bite us in the backside. It's just not the way to get your players motivated.

We may lose, but we're gelling. fine think it, but don't publically announce it before the game and then expect the players to feel all positive and ready to bust a gut

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:47 - Sep 11 with 1188 viewshomer_123

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:46 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

TBF to them though, they went into the game with the understanding that things take time from the gaffa. I know the pre match interview comments would bite us in the backside. It's just not the way to get your players motivated.

We may lose, but we're gelling. fine think it, but don't publically announce it before the game and then expect the players to feel all positive and ready to bust a gut

You read far too much into comments.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:48 - Sep 11 with 1170 viewswkj

You can't throw coaching out. Many of our goals against have been crap set pieces (this season and last). Also, Cook's subs baffle more often than not (again, both this season and last)

The fact Evans and Harper are shrinking isn't ability either - it is confidence. When a team is playing without confidence, the coaches and managers are the ones that have to facilitate change and help get the confidence back.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:49 - Sep 11 with 1166 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:46 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

A manager can't use the 'gelling' excuse, and then give 3 debuts in the same match.

Exacerbating his own problems.

It's all on Cook today I'm afraid.

Time for excuses has long passed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:51 - Sep 11 with 1150 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can you find me a club of 'our size' that has a car park full of sh1t cars?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:51 - Sep 11 with 1148 viewschrismakin

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:47 - Sep 11 by homer_123

Most of the time yes

But I think it's acceptable in this respect.

We're yet to win, day before home game, and the talk is of why we might not win, rather than confidence of being in a position to win the game

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:53 - Sep 11 with 1128 viewsAlanG296

Beginning to think that the players while probably having good quality at this level lack the mental strength to cope with the level of expectation at this club now. Opposition will never lie down for us, we will have to fight for everything we get. Are they up for it?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 18:54]
The manager will always carry the can but on 18:55 - Sep 11 with 1101 viewsBlueBadger

Cook has had two entirely different sets of players. He's failed with one set and he's presently failing with another.

We have been SO unlucky to have 50+ bad eggs in such a short space of time...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:57 - Sep 11 with 1070 viewschrismakin

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:53 - Sep 11 by AlanG296

Beginning to think that the players while probably having good quality at this level lack the mental strength to cope with the level of expectation at this club now. Opposition will never lie down for us, we will have to fight for everything we get. Are they up for it?

Or is it just a simple case of 22 individuals who looked better with 10 other players around them at their previous clubs

Wyke for example at Wigan, where's his goals without the supply he was getting at Sunderland ( Appreciate where Wigan are, but hope you get where im coming from)

At MK Dons, it was set up in a way that allowed Fraser to roam
at Fleetwood, Burns came from deep
Piggot was uptop in a 2
Backline.. with different partners

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:59 - Sep 11 with 1063 viewshomer_123

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:51 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

Most of the time yes

But I think it's acceptable in this respect.

We're yet to win, day before home game, and the talk is of why we might not win, rather than confidence of being in a position to win the game

You seem to think the players pay heed to what PC says in a press conference.

I'd be far more interested to see and hear what happens at training, pre match in the changing rooms etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The manager will always carry the can but on 19:15 - Sep 11 with 986 viewsChurchman

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:48 - Sep 11 by wkj

You can't throw coaching out. Many of our goals against have been crap set pieces (this season and last). Also, Cook's subs baffle more often than not (again, both this season and last)

The fact Evans and Harper are shrinking isn't ability either - it is confidence. When a team is playing without confidence, the coaches and managers are the ones that have to facilitate change and help get the confidence back.

I don’t disagree and Cook is fully accountable for this dreadful mess. However, the players have to have something about them too. Even if they’re feeling a bit lost, off form, whatever. Good players will just work harder, will take s9me responsibility.

It needs more than the manager and his flunkeys. It needs guts and determination from players. Characters. Do we have that or are there too many poor players/journeymen in the squad?

Other clubs have had a big turnaround and they are not getting thrashed at home or are deservedly sitting at the bottom of the league.
The manager will always carry the can but on 19:44 - Sep 11 with 908 viewsCopfordBlue

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:51 - Sep 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Can you find me a club of 'our size' that has a car park full of sh1t cars?

That’s kind of my point. They want to play for a big club and like all the good things that come with it, but at the moment they aren’t performing to the standard expected.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

The manager will always carry the can but on 19:53 - Sep 11 with 868 viewstownblue

Do me a favour. We had this last season then Cook binned them all off. His players now, so his responsibility.
The manager will always carry the can but on 19:57 - Sep 11 with 844 viewsSwansea_Blue

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:47 - Sep 11 by homer_123

In fairness to makin, he’s not so much reading anything into the comments as simply paraphrasing Cook. He literally said we weren’t ready and aren’t fit. Words matter. I’m not convinced Cookie is the brightest really, but don’t tell anyone!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The manager will always carry the can but on 20:07 - Sep 11 with 799 viewsOldboy

His players, his job to get them playing. They are quick to take the praise, so have to take the blame as well.
The manager will always carry the can but on 06:08 - Sep 12 with 587 viewsBlueBadger

The manager will always carry the can but on 18:53 - Sep 11 by AlanG296

Paul Cook must the unluckiest manager in the world having TWO whole sets of players like this in such a short succession...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The manager will always carry the can but on 06:59 - Sep 12 with 521 viewsColchesterBlue1985

The manager will always carry the can but on 06:08 - Sep 12 by BlueBadger

Paul Cook must the unluckiest manager in the world having TWO whole sets of players like this in such a short succession...

The club made it clear buying each player was about character as much as it was ability!!

Make no mistake Ashton and O’Leary will be making contingency plans should this form continue for much longer. If we get to 10 games and still haven’t won a game then he will be gone plain and simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024