Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight 19:35 - Sep 14 with 1581 viewsJakeITFC

This competition is a joke and shouldn’t be entertained as anything other than that.

Ipswich against a West Ham B side is not something that should ever be happening, let alone analysed within an inch of its life.
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 19:36 - Sep 14 with 1564 viewsZXBlue

Absolutely.

But the league is quite important and we have been dire. This is an opportunity to bed in patterns of play and a defence.

Not to mention getting a win into the psyche of the first team.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 19:42]
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 19:39 - Sep 14 with 1548 viewsWickets

Your missing the point for me as Paul Cook has said "WE NEED A WIN ANY WIN "
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 19:41 - Sep 14 with 1529 viewsblueprint

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 19:39 - Sep 14 by Wickets

But the girls win week in week out . Surely that counts as a win as much as tonight’s Mickey Mouse cup .
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 19:43]
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 19:43 - Sep 14 with 1512 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Someone's in a mood.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 19:43 - Sep 14 with 1510 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 19:39 - Sep 14 by Wickets

We need wins in the league. If this somehow helps towards that and gives the likes of Amin and Morsy a chance to play sobeit. It is still a meaningless game and embarrassing that an official first team competitive fixture is against a youth team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 19:56 - Sep 14 with 1432 viewsJ2BLUE

Let people enjoy it if they want.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 20:17 - Sep 14 with 1297 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This.

I wouldn’t even go to the final.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 20:46 - Sep 14 with 1179 viewssidmouthblue

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 20:17 - Sep 14 by The_Romford_Blue

This.

I wouldn’t even go to the final.

I love your optimism
Login to get fewer ads

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:02 - Sep 14 with 1035 viewsClareBlue

It is a cup competition for teams at our level. Why is that Mikey Mouse? Do you think we can win any other cup? The entitled arrogance of fans of this club about competitions that are set for the level we are at is pretty nauseating.
So if you can not compete as a professional club in a Mikey mouse competition what does that make us, fecking mice?

Oh, it is the league that is important. That would be the Mickey Mouse third tier league that we have done so well in since we were relegated into it.
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:05 - Sep 14 with 974 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:02 - Sep 14 by ClareBlue

It is a cup competition for teams at our level. Why is that Mikey Mouse? Do you think we can win any other cup? The entitled arrogance of fans of this club about competitions that are set for the level we are at is pretty nauseating.
So if you can not compete as a professional club in a Mikey mouse competition what does that make us, fecking mice?

Oh, it is the league that is important. That would be the Mickey Mouse third tier league that we have done so well in since we were relegated into it.

It's become an abomination since the addition of U21 teams.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:08 - Sep 14 with 942 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:02 - Sep 14 by ClareBlue

This is the thing. he real embarrassment is that we are a poor/mediocre lower league side and that is what makes us on a par with good youth teams.

This club is at its lowest ebb for many decades and we still seem to be sinking even further.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:09 - Sep 14 with 921 viewsClareBlue

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:05 - Sep 14 by WestStanderLaLaLa

It's become an abomination since the addition of U21 teams.

OK, can we play our under 21 team then and put an end to it

or not even enter it

do we have to enter it?
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:19 - Sep 14 with 881 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:09 - Sep 14 by ClareBlue

OK, can we play our under 21 team then and put an end to it

or not even enter it

do we have to enter it?

We have to play in it and the rules don't allow us to play our under 21s

https://www.efl.com/papa-johns-trophy/the-competition/rules/

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:32 - Sep 14 with 846 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:19 - Sep 14 by WestStanderLaLaLa

So we only have to play 4 "qualifying " players. The rest can be kids, as we've seen before. Trouble is, Cook said we were playing a strong side to get back in the habit of winning. At least it was a reserve side, not an age band team, but it didn't manage a draw, never mind a win.
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:32 - Sep 14 with 842 viewsstonojnr

I agree the competition is a joke and we shouldnt be worrying about it at all.

but I think I can guarantee had Town won, it would exhibited as Cook is a footballing genius, and all you worrisome lot need to get behind the team and manager.

because it no longer seems people can have balanced nuanced opinions anymore, you have to be divided into a Cook in or Cook out, not the jury hasnt made a decision about Cook yet and Im just not impressed with what Ive seen yet division.

if the team does need to get used to playing together in a game and gain some confidence, which is pretty much the equivalent of a friendly, this was the game to do it, this was the game to pick the team we expect to play against Lincoln and let them go for it without the fear of mucking up in the league.
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:35 - Sep 14 with 833 viewsClareBlue

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:19 - Sep 14 by WestStanderLaLaLa

so we have to take it seriously and can be penalised but the 'invited' clubs can use it to develop their squads

'
Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:37 - Sep 14 with 811 viewsjayessess

Pointless competition I'd usually be happy to play the reserves in, but we could probably have used a win this evening and I'm sick of seeing Paul Cook set up and send out teams that lose games they shouldn't.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:47 - Sep 14 with 762 viewsmonty_radio

Just because a few people seem quite over excited about tonight on 22:37 - Sep 14 by jayessess

Pointless competition I'd usually be happy to play the reserves in, but we could probably have used a win this evening and I'm sick of seeing Paul Cook set up and send out teams that lose games they shouldn't.

This is the point that seems to me to answer the O.P. that no-one should be bothered - ordinarily, Fine! Yet our reality is that we have a host of players that need game time plus a chance to pair with others. Meanwhile, the manager ignores the chance to try and build something that any competitive game provides to try to build a winning set of combinations.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024