Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Word of warning 09:48 - Sep 15 with 11704 viewsLord_Lucan

Don't get ill, give birth or be in an ambulance on the way to hospital if you are on the M25 today.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Word of warning on 15:03 - Sep 15 with 1155 viewsLord_Lucan

Word of warning on 12:52 - Sep 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Have to say, obviously I’d be royally p*ssed off if I’d been held up and any loss of life etc caused as a result is an avoidable tragedy however as others have pointed out previously it’s difficult to protest effectively without causing some disruption

And at least in this case the protest has a tangible and realistic point to it, and isn’t running counter productive to the aims like say, stopping public transport whilst protesting climate change…

They are a bunch of attention seeking tossers and weirdos. Swear to god, if I was at the front of the hold up I'd drive through or run over them, their choice.

Women yesterday couldn't make her surgery appointment that she had been waiting 2 years for.

Anyone who thinks this is an acceptable way of protest (for something that is actually being addressed anyway) is a loon.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Word of warning on 15:10 - Sep 15 with 1132 viewsBellevueblue

Word of warning on 15:03 - Sep 15 by Lord_Lucan

They are a bunch of attention seeking tossers and weirdos. Swear to god, if I was at the front of the hold up I'd drive through or run over them, their choice.

Women yesterday couldn't make her surgery appointment that she had been waiting 2 years for.

Anyone who thinks this is an acceptable way of protest (for something that is actually being addressed anyway) is a loon.

Please explain the acceptable way to protest, and when it was last successful. I'm all ears.

This thread rivals the Daily Mail comment section
Word of warning on 15:12 - Sep 15 with 1128 viewsDigger77

Callers on LBC with missed cancer appointments, job interviews, funerals, holidays etc.

Why not glue themselves to the Chinese embassy?
Word of warning on 15:13 - Sep 15 with 1119 viewsDigger77

Word of warning on 15:10 - Sep 15 by Bellevueblue

Please explain the acceptable way to protest, and when it was last successful. I'm all ears.

The UK is doing a lot. Have a word with China.
Word of warning on 15:21 - Sep 15 with 1087 viewsBellevueblue

Word of warning on 15:13 - Sep 15 by Digger77

The UK is doing a lot. Have a word with China.

The UK is doing a lot of what? And what am I chatting to China about?

If you're implying that global warming is China's problem then I think you're a bit mislead.
Word of warning on 15:22 - Sep 15 with 1085 viewsLord_Lucan

LGBT community have done a fantastic job without putting peoples lives at risk.

These lot are just a bunch of weirdos who don't know their arse from their elbow and would happily protest for the rights of plankton if there was nothing left to protest about.

Word of warning on 15:38 - Sep 15 with 1032 viewsBellevueblue

Word of warning on 15:22 - Sep 15 by Lord_Lucan

LGBT community have done a fantastic job without putting peoples lives at risk.

These lot are just a bunch of weirdos who don't know their arse from their elbow and would happily protest for the rights of plankton if there was nothing left to protest about.

So in your opinion what should climate protesters do to follow the LGBT community protests?
Word of warning on 15:38 - Sep 15 with 1030 viewsMattinLondon

Yeah, of course you’ll run them over, of course you would.
Login to get fewer ads

Word of warning on 15:41 - Sep 15 with 1022 viewsTractor_Buck

Word of warning on 14:04 - Sep 15 by MattinLondon

So you support them as long as you’re not inconvenienced?

The other day there was a report that stated that a lot of young people are worried about the future as a result of environmental damage. Maybe if previous generations were more concerned about such matters instead of being unhappy about such inconvenience, then maybe such actions wouldn’t be required now.

Actually, no maybe about it.

I'm interested to know what difference you think this particular protest will make in an immediate sense.

Like others, I fully support the case they are trying to present, but I don't get how blocking up a road and inconveniencing thousands of people is going to pull public opinion towards the cause. If anything it'll put more distance between them and the general consensus.

I've got to head to the smoke next weekend to take my son to University. Trust me, if I'm stuck in a queue on the M25 because protestors are sitting on the carriageway it won't make a jot of difference to my view that the climate crisis is real and we need to do much more to deal with it. But it will make me think that these protestors who should be trying to get the public on their side and shift the pressure on to those who can actually do something about it, are just an f'ing pain in the arse.
Word of warning on 15:51 - Sep 15 with 987 viewsMattinLondon

Word of warning on 15:41 - Sep 15 by Tractor_Buck

I'm interested to know what difference you think this particular protest will make in an immediate sense.

Like others, I fully support the case they are trying to present, but I don't get how blocking up a road and inconveniencing thousands of people is going to pull public opinion towards the cause. If anything it'll put more distance between them and the general consensus.

I've got to head to the smoke next weekend to take my son to University. Trust me, if I'm stuck in a queue on the M25 because protestors are sitting on the carriageway it won't make a jot of difference to my view that the climate crisis is real and we need to do much more to deal with it. But it will make me think that these protestors who should be trying to get the public on their side and shift the pressure on to those who can actually do something about it, are just an f'ing pain in the arse.

Being completely honest, I don’t think the protest will actually do that much. They’ll get some inches in press and some minutes on telly but it’ll be in a mainly negative light.

Public opinion will obviously be against them but people have known about environmental damage for the last fifty years but not a lot had been done.

Obviously I do have a lot of sympathy for people missing out on appointments etc - demonstrations tend do disrupt as that’s the point of them.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 15:52]
Word of warning on 15:56 - Sep 15 with 964 viewsLord_Lucan

Word of warning on 15:38 - Sep 15 by Bellevueblue

So in your opinion what should climate protesters do to follow the LGBT community protests?

Where a pair of chaps and wave a flag.

Word of warning on 15:57 - Sep 15 with 959 viewsleitrimblue

Word of warning on 15:38 - Sep 15 by Bellevueblue

More girl on girl action?
Word of warning on 15:57 - Sep 15 with 958 viewsMeadowlark

Or a Radio Suffolk phone in. Same demographic. Same on here?
Word of warning on 15:59 - Sep 15 with 945 viewsBellevueblue

Word of warning on 15:51 - Sep 15 by MattinLondon

Being completely honest, I don’t think the protest will actually do that much. They’ll get some inches in press and some minutes on telly but it’ll be in a mainly negative light.

Public opinion will obviously be against them but people have known about environmental damage for the last fifty years but not a lot had been done.

Obviously I do have a lot of sympathy for people missing out on appointments etc - demonstrations tend do disrupt as that’s the point of them.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 15:52]

I think a key turning point will be when the public get angry at the Government rather than the protesters. No idea how that happens though.

It's madness that individuals need to pull huge stunts like this just to raise awareness that the Government aren't doing enough to combat climate change. I'm sure the protesters would rather be listening to their ELP vinyl and smoking a fat one.
Word of warning on 16:14 - Sep 15 with 914 viewsMattinLondon

Word of warning on 15:59 - Sep 15 by Bellevueblue

I think a key turning point will be when the public get angry at the Government rather than the protesters. No idea how that happens though.

It's madness that individuals need to pull huge stunts like this just to raise awareness that the Government aren't doing enough to combat climate change. I'm sure the protesters would rather be listening to their ELP vinyl and smoking a fat one.

Agree - I don’t think they want to be there at all, annoying people and getting shouted at and be branded as freaks.

Just madness that on this issue - which most people recognise is an issue - that more isn’t done.
Word of warning on 16:16 - Sep 15 with 905 viewsTractor_Buck

Word of warning on 15:59 - Sep 15 by Bellevueblue

But that's the point. The public at large will never get angry with the Government whilst this bunch of idiots perpetuate the myth that people who are concerned about the environment are nothing more that a bunch of irritating hippies who want to stop them going about their daily lives.

They won't pull public opinion on to their side by messing around with the very people they need to communicate with.

The current Government convinced just enough of the public that we needed to leave a multi-national organisation, even though it would make a lot of people's lives worse, by presenting the opposing view as 'the bogeyman'. A referendum on the make up of this country was won in much the same way. It's not an ideal comparison but surely it's a start?
Word of warning on 16:32 - Sep 15 with 856 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I said the same as your last line on here once and got absolute pelters

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Word of warning on 16:34 - Sep 15 with 850 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Word of warning on 14:08 - Sep 15 by MattinLondon

So basically you support them but not when they actually do something about it?

It’s not a case of ‘f**k them’ because it’s your generation that will have to deal with such environmental damage. You can blame older people for being too selfish to do something in the first place.

It is a case of f**k them.

I honestly don’t know a single person I’m friends with that thinks this is an acceptable way to protest. It’s dangerous, it’s stupid and it’s causing a lot of distress to people missing important things. Such as hospital appointments.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Word of warning on 16:38 - Sep 15 with 827 viewsPinewoodblue

Word of warning on 16:34 - Sep 15 by The_Romford_Blue

I honestly don’t know a single person I’m friends with that thinks this is an acceptable way to protest. It’s dangerous, it’s stupid and it’s causing a lot of distress to people missing important things. Such as hospital appointments.

Not forgetting the number of HGV drivers not completing deliveries on time and in some cases running out of hours short of their destination.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Word of warning on 16:40 - Sep 15 with 823 viewsMattinLondon

Word of warning on 16:32 - Sep 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Completely agree- I think all protest should tell the police exactly where and when they plan to demonstrate. Fill in, in triplicate, a fifty page document focusing on silence and social acceptability.

If the public don’t agree then you’re not allowed to demonstrate. Unless, that is, if it’s the Countryside Alliance as they can do what they want.
Word of warning on 17:23 - Sep 15 with 764 viewsMattinLondon

Word of warning on 16:34 - Sep 15 by The_Romford_Blue

As another poster had suggested - I doubt if any of the protesters really want to inconvenience people or be the reason why hospital appointments have been missed. I’m sure they would rather concentrate on non-direct actions. But unfortunately a carefully coordinated leaflet campaign hasn’t worked.
Word of warning on 17:29 - Sep 15 with 756 viewsLord_Lucan

Word of warning on 16:32 - Sep 15 by The_Romford_Blue

That's because you are a student and even though TWTD is not real life, subconsciously people think they can bully you.

Word of warning on 17:36 - Sep 15 with 739 viewsMattinLondon

Word of warning on 17:29 - Sep 15 by Lord_Lucan

That's because you are a student and even though TWTD is not real life, subconsciously people think they can bully you.

To suggest that anyone is being bullied on this thread is quite frankly a ridiculous thing to suggest. Especially as the language you’ve used to support your argument has been quite vitriolic.
Word of warning on 17:37 - Sep 15 with 729 viewsPinewoodblue

Word of warning on 17:36 - Sep 15 by MattinLondon

To suggest that anyone is being bullied on this thread is quite frankly a ridiculous thing to suggest. Especially as the language you’ve used to support your argument has been quite vitriolic.

Read the comment you are responding to again…..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Word of warning on 17:44 - Sep 15 with 703 viewsMattinLondon

Word of warning on 17:37 - Sep 15 by Pinewoodblue

Read the comment you are responding to again…..

Just did. Am I being whooshed?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024