Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Word of warning 09:48 - Sep 15 with 11703 viewsLord_Lucan

Don't get ill, give birth or be in an ambulance on the way to hospital if you are on the M25 today.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Word of warning on 13:20 - Sep 16 with 1157 viewsmonytowbray

Word of warning on 13:14 - Sep 16 by leitrimblue

To be honest he's not the one threatening to mow down random old hippies in a semi Benters style

If I had declared I plan to mow down those who politically disagree with me we'd have a 10 pager about how awful I am. Lucan would be one of the ringleaders.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Word of warning on 17:26 - Sep 16 with 1032 viewsBellevueblue

Word of warning on 11:44 - Sep 16 by Ryorry

Therefore the protesters would be more effective if they aimed their protests directly at the politicians responsible for that, plus at other countries such as China, the USA, India, Russia etc.; rather than UK citizens - many of whom, possibly most, are already environmentally conscious & responsibly doing their bit whilst going about their essential business.

Yeah, UK citizens are doing their bit, ordering tons of Chinese manufactured tat, pathetically low recycling rates and shipping recycling off to be burned overseas.

We're role models.

But na lets just blame the biggest countries cause they have the biggest numbers
Word of warning on 17:58 - Sep 16 with 990 viewsClapham_Junction

Word of warning on 11:44 - Sep 16 by Ryorry

Therefore the protesters would be more effective if they aimed their protests directly at the politicians responsible for that, plus at other countries such as China, the USA, India, Russia etc.; rather than UK citizens - many of whom, possibly most, are already environmentally conscious & responsibly doing their bit whilst going about their essential business.

Indian per capita emissions are exactly three times lower than the UK even before imported emissions are taken into account. Once that they are, we're also worse than China.
Word of warning on 20:47 - Sep 16 with 922 viewsSeablu

Word of warning on 08:54 - Sep 16 by GlasgowBlue

I didn’t realise the bigoted old fool seablu still posted on here until I’d seen you reply to him. Still, I do feel pleased for him that he’s moved on to a new target to obsess over since I put him in the trash bin.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 8:55]

Still got my eye on you, sweetheart.
Thankfully, the burger franchise & several warnings has kept you blissfully quiet of late.
Word of warning on 20:53 - Sep 16 with 913 viewsSeablu

Word of warning on 11:20 - Sep 16 by witchdoctor

alt account innit?

Three words, one correct.
See what you can achieve when you concentrate?

Word of warning on 20:57 - Sep 16 with 900 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Word of warning on 20:47 - Sep 16 by Seablu

Still got my eye on you, sweetheart.
Thankfully, the burger franchise & several warnings has kept you blissfully quiet of late.

Can I take this opportunity to thank you for all my uppies Seablu xx

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Word of warning on 21:01 - Sep 16 with 888 viewsRyorry

Word of warning on 17:26 - Sep 16 by Bellevueblue

Yeah, UK citizens are doing their bit, ordering tons of Chinese manufactured tat, pathetically low recycling rates and shipping recycling off to be burned overseas.

We're role models.

But na lets just blame the biggest countries cause they have the biggest numbers

https://www.activesustainability.com/environment/top-5-most-polluting-countries/

As far as " ordering tons of Chinese manufactured tat, pathetically low recycling rates and shipping recycling off to be burned overseas" please either start or point me in the direction of specific campaigns on those things, & I'll happily join them & put my efforts in. As long as they don't involve sitting in the road & prevent people getting to hospital or missing funerals.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Word of warning on 21:03 - Sep 16 with 879 viewsRyorry

Word of warning on 17:58 - Sep 16 by Clapham_Junction

Indian per capita emissions are exactly three times lower than the UK even before imported emissions are taken into account. Once that they are, we're also worse than China.

The fictitious Indian woman I cited was simply an *example* of how it is for the poorest people in societies all over the world (incl UK now).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Word of warning on 21:12 - Sep 16 with 868 viewsSeablu

Word of warning on 20:57 - Sep 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can I take this opportunity to thank you for all my uppies Seablu xx

Have another.
You upset all the right people, babes.
Why would you praise someone..... on 21:19 - Sep 16 with 847 viewsBloots

Word of warning on 21:12 - Sep 16 by Seablu

Have another.
You upset all the right people, babes.

....for upsetting people?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Word of warning on 21:19 - Sep 16 with 846 viewsBellevueblue

Word of warning on 21:01 - Sep 16 by Ryorry

https://www.activesustainability.com/environment/top-5-most-polluting-countries/

As far as " ordering tons of Chinese manufactured tat, pathetically low recycling rates and shipping recycling off to be burned overseas" please either start or point me in the direction of specific campaigns on those things, & I'll happily join them & put my efforts in. As long as they don't involve sitting in the road & prevent people getting to hospital or missing funerals.

My point was that the protestors don't need to go abroad to fix issues, there are plenty in the UK as you're now aware.

That site shows the greenhouse emissions by country, which is a valid way to display the data but it doesn't take population into account. A group of 5 people on an island would never show up. even if they run fleets of hummers 24/7 while having the central heating on with doors & windows open and so on.

But once you then take into account the total number of people in each country the landscape looks very different, if we're all to be equal in reducing global warming then each person's impact is what we could focus on

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/co-emissions-per-capita

the map shows Qatar, Curacao, New Caledonia, Trinidad and Tobago, Kuwait, Brunei, Bahrain, Mongolia, United Arab Emirates as the worst offenders as they're mostly large oil and/or gas producers.

Reduce the demand for oil and gas and these places will improve. It's not just a problem with China, although they pump out a lot, it's a global problem, and a problem we're all the cause of

https://ourworldindata.org/greenhouse-gas-emissions is a really interesting site showing a variety of different emission maps
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 21:23]
Why would you praise someone..... on 21:24 - Sep 16 with 831 viewsSeablu

Why would you praise someone..... on 21:19 - Sep 16 by Bloots

…the ‘right’ people.
Other than that, you quoted me accurately.
I wasn't quoting you.... on 21:27 - Sep 16 with 808 viewsBloots

Why would you praise someone..... on 21:24 - Sep 16 by Seablu

…the ‘right’ people.

....I was asking you a question.

Whether you consider them to be the "right" people or not is irrelevant.

I assume by "right" people you mean people that have a different view to you?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Word of warning on 21:28 - Sep 16 with 802 viewsHerbivore

Word of warning on 21:19 - Sep 16 by Bellevueblue

My point was that the protestors don't need to go abroad to fix issues, there are plenty in the UK as you're now aware.

That site shows the greenhouse emissions by country, which is a valid way to display the data but it doesn't take population into account. A group of 5 people on an island would never show up. even if they run fleets of hummers 24/7 while having the central heating on with doors & windows open and so on.

But once you then take into account the total number of people in each country the landscape looks very different, if we're all to be equal in reducing global warming then each person's impact is what we could focus on

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/co-emissions-per-capita

the map shows Qatar, Curacao, New Caledonia, Trinidad and Tobago, Kuwait, Brunei, Bahrain, Mongolia, United Arab Emirates as the worst offenders as they're mostly large oil and/or gas producers.

Reduce the demand for oil and gas and these places will improve. It's not just a problem with China, although they pump out a lot, it's a global problem, and a problem we're all the cause of

https://ourworldindata.org/greenhouse-gas-emissions is a really interesting site showing a variety of different emission maps
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 21:23]

Given our central role in perpetuating a laissez faire capitalist system where profit trumps people I'd say we bear a significant portion of the blame. There's no money to be made in saving the planet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Word of warning on 21:28 - Sep 16 with 801 viewsmonytowbray

Word of warning on 21:01 - Sep 16 by Ryorry

Read the bottom of your last 3 plastic Amazon purchases and tell us where they were made. Not a dig, it’s unavoidable (bar shopping with Bezos, f**k him, but outside of where you buy it’s hard to avoid cheap Chinese manufacturing). They decide the system and make it really bloody hard to get away from. Practically everything everywhere is made in China now.

It’s common practice for corrupt officials in developing nations to be paid to take our recycling, no intention on ever recycling it and we know it when we sell it to them. Ends up littered across human/animal habitat and causes no end of problems.

I’m too lazy for linking as on phone and it’s 9.30pm and I’m stoned, but there’s a bloody good series on Netflix called Rotten that has an episode on recycling. Give it a spin.

I will say on the recycling rates here vs elsewhere I’m not versed in the statistics or analysis so cannae help there.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 21:33]

TWTD never forgets…

Why would you praise someone..... on 21:31 - Sep 16 with 796 viewsmonytowbray

Why would you praise someone..... on 21:24 - Sep 16 by Seablu

…the ‘right’ people.

As I said on my return, I hope some are well, and others are stubbing toes and having boiler issues.

There are folk on here who deserve to be rumbled.

TWTD never forgets…

Why would you praise someone..... on 21:39 - Sep 16 with 770 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Why would you praise someone..... on 21:19 - Sep 16 by Bloots

Stay out of it you!

....and you Rommers.

Word of warning on 21:51 - Sep 16 with 748 viewsLord_Lucan

Word of warning on 13:20 - Sep 16 by monytowbray

If I had declared I plan to mow down those who politically disagree with me we'd have a 10 pager about how awful I am. Lucan would be one of the ringleaders.

It's got nothing to do with politics, it's about endangering lives.

Still, good to see the fascists are out to play.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Word of warning on 21:58 - Sep 16 with 725 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Word of warning on 21:51 - Sep 16 by Lord_Lucan

...and yet our politicians make policies again and again which endanger lives and get away with it without any of the reaction that blocking a road does.

Word of warning on 22:24 - Sep 16 with 688 viewsmonytowbray

Word of warning on 21:51 - Sep 16 by Lord_Lucan

What does that even mean? Elaborate...

TWTD never forgets…

Word of warning on 22:26 - Sep 16 with 683 viewsSeablu

Word of warning on 22:24 - Sep 16 by monytowbray

What does that even mean? Elaborate...

He can’t or won’t.

Why would you praise someone..... on 22:28 - Sep 16 with 677 viewswitchdoctor

Why would you praise someone..... on 21:31 - Sep 16 by monytowbray

As I said on my return, I hope some are well, and others are stubbing toes and having boiler issues.

There are folk on here who deserve to be rumbled.

your return?..where’ve you been?
Word of warning on 22:28 - Sep 16 with 678 viewsLord_Lucan

Word of warning on 13:20 - Sep 16 by monytowbray

And another thing Callis. You know absolutely nothing about me, you assume in real life I am some sort of clown who cares nothing of the environment don't you.

Actually I was heavily involved as a young man back in the late 80's, (might have been early 90's,) in forming OFI (Ornamental Fish International) in the UK. OFI is now a global organisation that attends Cities meetings and is instrumental in controlling wildlife exports, the preservation of indigenous fauna and biosecurity. Our first aim was to prevent illegal imports / exports of controlled species and to stop the dynamiting of coral reefs which were done so granny could have a bit of coral on their sideboard.

The organisation is now huge and very influential.

What have you achieved other than getting stoned, blowing a whistle and moaning about everything?

Word of warning on 22:31 - Sep 16 with 671 viewsmonytowbray

Word of warning on 22:28 - Sep 16 by Lord_Lucan

And another thing Callis. You know absolutely nothing about me, you assume in real life I am some sort of clown who cares nothing of the environment don't you.

Actually I was heavily involved as a young man back in the late 80's, (might have been early 90's,) in forming OFI (Ornamental Fish International) in the UK. OFI is now a global organisation that attends Cities meetings and is instrumental in controlling wildlife exports, the preservation of indigenous fauna and biosecurity. Our first aim was to prevent illegal imports / exports of controlled species and to stop the dynamiting of coral reefs which were done so granny could have a bit of coral on their sideboard.

The organisation is now huge and very influential.

What have you achieved other than getting stoned, blowing a whistle and moaning about everything?

Pissed?

Weird response but okay, if that’s what you wanna tell yourself. But I do plenty, thanks. I also don’t think you’re a clown.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 22:34]

TWTD never forgets…

I wasn't quoting you.... on 22:32 - Sep 16 with 666 viewsSeablu

I wasn't quoting you.... on 21:27 - Sep 16 by Bloots

....I was asking you a question.

Whether you consider them to be the "right" people or not is irrelevant.

I assume by "right" people you mean people that have a different view to you?

Absolutely.
Or ‘wrong ‘uns’ as I call them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024