Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought the Cook interview today was good 14:18 - Sep 17 with 1196 viewsnodge_blue

He's seems very positive and has PROMISED that it will turn.

I like that attitude.

Im still on board. I did say Id give him the Lincoln game, but if Im honest I think we will probably lose tomorrow. Especially as Im going....I don't think Ive seen us win away since we beat Fulham.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 14:55 - Sep 17 with 1086 viewsunstableblue

I liked the interview. The poor guy has had one hell of a week.

I certainly don't expect a result tomorrow.

But certainly it sounds like Cook has a plan, he'll continue to try and train the system into the players. He's hoping the gelling and settling into a team will come.

But sadly its all a little out of his hands now. This is a player form and psychology issue.

He does a have a key part in getting their heads right and a system that can work.

I fully get the chorus of concern as to whether the system he is training is going to work.

Certainly Appleton will feel his system is settled and being effective.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:06 - Sep 17 with 1060 viewsElderGrizzly

Well as long as he has promised. Did he pinky swear too?
Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:12 - Sep 17 with 1048 viewsDubtractor

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 14:55 - Sep 17 by unstableblue

I liked the interview. The poor guy has had one hell of a week.

I certainly don't expect a result tomorrow.

But certainly it sounds like Cook has a plan, he'll continue to try and train the system into the players. He's hoping the gelling and settling into a team will come.

But sadly its all a little out of his hands now. This is a player form and psychology issue.

He does a have a key part in getting their heads right and a system that can work.

I fully get the chorus of concern as to whether the system he is training is going to work.

Certainly Appleton will feel his system is settled and being effective.

"But sadly its all a little out of his hands now. This is a player form and psychology issue."

Wow. You're better than this mate, the level of excuse making here is insane.

He still has time to turn things round, but it is 100% in his hands to do it.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 15:13]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:13 - Sep 17 with 1048 viewsFixed_It

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:06 - Sep 17 by ElderGrizzly

No. But the fact that he sounds positive is....positive. Unlike half of the wet wipes on here who seem to knock the team at every opportunity and have chucked in the towel already.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:23 - Sep 17 with 1002 viewsElderGrizzly

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:13 - Sep 17 by Fixed_It

No. But the fact that he sounds positive is....positive. Unlike half of the wet wipes on here who seem to knock the team at every opportunity and have chucked in the towel already.

I haven't given up, but we aren't exactly seeing green shoots are we?

If he didn't sound positive in public, what hope do any of us have and what message does that send to the players.

These players are clearly better than they are performing, but can the manager and coaches get that out of them?
Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:34 - Sep 17 with 975 viewspointofblue

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:23 - Sep 17 by ElderGrizzly

I haven't given up, but we aren't exactly seeing green shoots are we?

If he didn't sound positive in public, what hope do any of us have and what message does that send to the players.

These players are clearly better than they are performing, but can the manager and coaches get that out of them?

It's the responsibilty of the manager to get the best out of the players? That's novel - I thought he was helpless until Morsy was available.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:59 - Sep 17 with 921 viewsstrikalite

It's Friday, it takes a few days to come round....
Thought the Cook interview today was good on 16:09 - Sep 17 with 903 viewsChrisd

Me too. It’s not that PC is shirking responsibility, he says it enough times during that interview that it is down to him and his coaching staff to get this right. Unfortunately, the longer this winless run goes on the more the pressure builds. The fact that results last season are also thrown into the mix makes it an even more challenging scenario for him. Really got my fingers crossed for a good performance and one of those unexpected results where it comes together - 0-3 to the Town!! 🤞🏻

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 16:12 - Sep 17 with 891 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The towels have only gone in to mop up all the tears to be fair.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 16:22 - Sep 17 with 864 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness, it's not FUN seeing your team only win 4 in 24 and seeing a squad full of allegedly Championship standard players being beaten by teams who were in(or on the cusp of) the fourth division last season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 17:08 - Sep 17 with 773 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 15:06 - Sep 17 by ElderGrizzly

Lol, made me chuckle. The words are all meaningless aren't they, unless things improve on the pitch.

Still, he's had hell of a week or two poor guy no getting away from it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thought the Cook interview today was good on 17:30 - Sep 17 with 734 viewsOldboy

Thew. Thought he was going to say he hasn't won a game yet on purpose. A promise is a promise. Did he say exactly when it would turn, or do we have to wait and see?
Thought the Cook interview today was good on 18:31 - Sep 17 with 615 viewsVic

Manager speaks positively of his losing team! Wow! What else is he going to say? “Well to be honest with you I’m fearing the worst, the players heads have dropped, training is poor and they are struggling to put what I say into practice. I’m at a loss really, but I’ll keep doing my best”?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024