Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Shapps blaming hauliers 14:05 - Sep 26 with 1163 viewsnoggin

for "manufacturing the fuel crisis". That'll help the situation.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 14:47 - Sep 26 with 1087 viewschicoazul

It’s the fault of the people panic buying.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 14:49 - Sep 26 with 1077 viewsWD19

He is right, but as you say, I am not sure how pointing it out will improve things. It is what it is at this stage.
Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 15:07 - Sep 26 with 1045 viewseireblue

He could try blaming the media, e.g. a simple story about a few garages closing was given exaggerated coverage etc…but then I guess they have to try and keep the media onside.
Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 16:12 - Sep 26 with 991 viewsFtnfwest

Yeah, but he didn’t mean it, that’s just Hertfordshire slang
Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 16:16 - Sep 26 with 977 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I guess that allowing them to travel extra miles without breaks is causing them to use up all the fuel?

Not quite sure how they are meant to do it without using any, mind!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 17:13 - Sep 26 with 913 viewsWeWereZombies

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 16:12 - Sep 26 by Ftnfwest

Yeah, but he didn’t mean it, that’s just Hertfordshire slang

He's almost bad, innit?

'Shapps's brother, Andre Shapps, is a musician who was a member of Big Audio Dynamite (BAD) between 1994 and 1998, playing keyboards. Their cousin Mick Jones was a key figure in British punk rock of the late 1970s, and a founding member of both the Clash and Big Audio Dynamite.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Shapps#:~:text=Shapps's%20brother%2C%20Andre

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 20:17 - Sep 26 with 796 viewsBasuco

Nothing to do with making HGV drivers as LTD companies within IR35 then, Why didn't they reverse that decision then?
Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 20:38 - Sep 26 with 753 viewsBarcaBlue

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 17:13 - Sep 26 by WeWereZombies

He's almost bad, innit?

'Shapps's brother, Andre Shapps, is a musician who was a member of Big Audio Dynamite (BAD) between 1994 and 1998, playing keyboards. Their cousin Mick Jones was a key figure in British punk rock of the late 1970s, and a founding member of both the Clash and Big Audio Dynamite.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Shapps#:~:text=Shapps's%20brother%2C%20Andre

Top trivia, Mick Jones top guy but never knew about his dodgy cousin link.
Login to get fewer ads

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 21:27 - Sep 26 with 695 viewsZXBlue

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 20:17 - Sep 26 by Basuco

Nothing to do with making HGV drivers as LTD companies within IR35 then, Why didn't they reverse that decision then?

Come on. Why should people effectively employed pay sod all tax by claiming to be a company?
Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 22:09 - Sep 26 with 661 viewsPlums

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 21:27 - Sep 26 by ZXBlue

Come on. Why should people effectively employed pay sod all tax by claiming to be a company?

They’re providing a flexible workforce to an industry that needs one. The self-styled ‘party of business’ really ought to brush up on it.
Also, take a look at the ‘sod all tax’ that a contractor pays and you might find it’s a different story to your perception.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 22:13]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Grant Shapps blaming hauliers on 10:31 - Sep 27 with 520 viewsChurchman

There the little man sat, smirk firmly planted on his vacant face blaming everyone but the government. I had to laugh when he said there was no problem. It reminded me of the bloke in Libya in at the end of Gaddaffi’s time when he said the situation was fully under control, just as a rebel tank rolled into view behind him.

There was no petrol from Kent to Suffolk yesterday. Not a drop apart from possibly Copdock where there were some cars queuing. Telling me there is plenty of petrol in the country is nonsense, I bet there is plenty of petrol in Alaska. Neither is relevant if people have no access to it. There is a petrol crisis. A shortage. Lack of supply.

Blaming hauliers, people’s natural buying habits, media, RHA, this that and the other is a typical lack of taking responsibility. He is Minister for the Dept of Transport. Warnings of potential supply issues have been there for years (run up to Brexit) but he and his cronies were not interested. They still aren’t.

He can blame who he likes, he is accountable and if he had any decency would resign over this mess. But like the rest of the nose in the trough brigade, there’s no chance of that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024