Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for 23:41 - Sep 29 with 5687 viewshatch

Sorry if it’s been released elsewhere today. But he just answers short direct answers then calls the interviewer out for his line of questioning post Bolton. Awkward but terrific to watch on this occasion.
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 11:13 - Sep 30 with 910 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Embarrassing.

Regardless of circumstances if you put yourself in front of a camera be prepared to be asked questions you may not like. More so after shipping 5 goals at home.
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 12:44 - Sep 30 with 821 views_sanctimoanious_

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:55 - Sep 30 by SitfcB

Journo in question meant to be a Town fan as well!

He sounded surprised he got the reaction he got...

Beales is a grade A prick.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 12:44]
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 13:22 - Sep 30 with 770 viewsStrimmer

It goes against my instincts but I enjoyed Cook's petulance here if I'm honest.

The journalist was probably asking fair questions after Bolton, yes. Cook was probably acting up and holding a grudge here, also yes. And the cirumstances regarding his father undoubtably go someway to mitigate.

But, what's clear is Cook takes serious pride in his own work, and by extension that of his players. When push comes to shove, he will act to protect those rather than play the media game.

Thinking back on top managers like Fergie, Clough, even Pep and Klopp, it appears to be a shared characteristic.

(and no, I'm not making a general comparison between cook and those manager giants before anyone tries to derale things with an asinine point.)
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 13:23]

Poll: Was it a punch?

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 13:57 - Sep 30 with 732 viewsCrockerITFC

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 11:08 - Sep 30 by chicoazul

It’s not really. It’s much the same thing, Manager doesn’t like a line of questioning and acts contrary to his job.

Erm I could be wrong but wasn't Phil banned because he refused to break GDPR? Lamberk didn't like the forum as it was being used as a platform for internal leaks and Phil refused to give up the personal data of posters on the forum and subsequently got banned from the press room in retaliation. Completely different scenarios.
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 13:59 - Sep 30 with 720 viewsgiant_stow

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:42 - Sep 30 by Churchman

I think everybody handles loss differently. There are no rights and wrongs. You have to just go with it and let time work it’s magic. When I lost my mum a few years ago, I was ok with it. I had so much to do sorting all the the horrible stuff out, keeping my dad going etc and was busy in work too. There wasn’t any pressure at all on me with the latter, but I found throwing myself into it helped me. By comparison, my sister’s response was totally different.

I think work is Cook’s way of dealing with it. As for the interview, he clearly doesn’t like doing them and it’s not his strength. I can understand why he was short with the interviewer. I’m never sure if interviews straight after a game are a good thing though.

wise words mr.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 20:48 - Sep 30 with 577 viewsquad

Having now watched both interviews I can understand Cook being hacked off and I don't think it's really got anything to do with his father dying.

Some of the questions weren't really questions, they were just slating him.

Bringing up past success and 4 wins out of the last 23. How is he supposed to answer that? And like he said the squad is completely different to last season so last season really becomes irrelevant now. Can't change what happened last season and can't change what happened at the start of this season (although they are 2 separate things) so it's not a question it's just a dig at him.

Asking if it's to do with the coaching? How is he supposed to answer that? Publicly slag them off? He clearly rates his coaching staff otherwise he wouldn't have them working with him in the first place. Again it's not a question it's just another dig and more negativity.

I don't blame Cook at all for his reaction. The interviewer's questions were ridiculous and he should have thought about what he was going to ask far more than he did.
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 21:05 - Sep 30 with 562 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 20:48 - Sep 30 by quad

Having now watched both interviews I can understand Cook being hacked off and I don't think it's really got anything to do with his father dying.

Some of the questions weren't really questions, they were just slating him.

Bringing up past success and 4 wins out of the last 23. How is he supposed to answer that? And like he said the squad is completely different to last season so last season really becomes irrelevant now. Can't change what happened last season and can't change what happened at the start of this season (although they are 2 separate things) so it's not a question it's just a dig at him.

Asking if it's to do with the coaching? How is he supposed to answer that? Publicly slag them off? He clearly rates his coaching staff otherwise he wouldn't have them working with him in the first place. Again it's not a question it's just another dig and more negativity.

I don't blame Cook at all for his reaction. The interviewer's questions were ridiculous and he should have thought about what he was going to ask far more than he did.

Is there a link to the post Bolton interview?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 21:08 - Sep 30 with 559 viewsquad

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 21:05 - Sep 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is there a link to the post Bolton interview?

Got a link to the EADT article which details what was said in the interview:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/cook-on-itfc-5-2-loss-to-bolton-831568
Login to get fewer ads

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 21:08 - Sep 30 with 556 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 01:20 - Sep 30 by quirkie

Cook made himself look a petulant **** to be honest.

I'd do the same, he's our football manager not a politician, I couldn't care less for some media knob, leading ITFC is a much harder job
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 21:17 - Sep 30 with 548 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It was not unreasonable to question Cook after the Bolton defeat and so a journalist would be right to be asking questions (may have gone too far, though - I haven't watched it so I don't know). It is also only reasonable for Cook to take that a bit personally. In a sense, it is the journalist's to play up the impact of both the defeat and the win. It is Cook's job to play them both down.

Will be interesting whether the journalist can build a better rapport with Cook moving forward. Town continuing to win will help, I am sure.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 21:26 - Sep 30 with 541 viewsquad

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 21:17 - Sep 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was not unreasonable to question Cook after the Bolton defeat and so a journalist would be right to be asking questions (may have gone too far, though - I haven't watched it so I don't know). It is also only reasonable for Cook to take that a bit personally. In a sense, it is the journalist's to play up the impact of both the defeat and the win. It is Cook's job to play them both down.

Will be interesting whether the journalist can build a better rapport with Cook moving forward. Town continuing to win will help, I am sure.

It's not unreasonable to question Cook but the questions need to be ones that he can answer. Saying they've only won 4 times in 23 games isn't a question it's just a statement of fact which only serves to attempt to embarass him.

The interviewer might as well have asked "Do you admit now that Ian Craney is just a kitman after all and is useless at coaching the players?"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024