Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… 17:26 - Sep 29 with 6839 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/aldis-new-vegan-bacon-sparks-25093016

Oh wait.

It’s all rather ironic that this toxic image of masculinity through buying pre-packaged dead animals one didn’t even kill themselves can be so triggered by a word that has seperated us to feel less guilty about eating strips of pig in the first place.

As I said to Lagos this week, if this is how the majority think the planet is f**ked. Luckily from my personal perspective these arguments are getting dumber and those making them are closer to a minority. I hope anyway.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 17:26]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:31 - Sep 29 with 2333 viewsgiant_stow

Firstly, can I just quickly say this doesn't wind me up at all, but I've always wondered why veggies want plant equivalents to look like meat? Especially those who stop eating meat because they hate animal cruelty, rather than those who stop because of diet or eco concerns...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:33 - Sep 29 with 2314 viewswkj

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:31 - Sep 29 by giant_stow

Firstly, can I just quickly say this doesn't wind me up at all, but I've always wondered why veggies want plant equivalents to look like meat? Especially those who stop eating meat because they hate animal cruelty, rather than those who stop because of diet or eco concerns...

I have to admit that when I cook meat free, I am usually looking for dishes that makes the most of the fresh ingredients rather than substitutes. Really cant go wrong with a good stir fry imho.

Also, Nuts are much more desirable for me when I seek protein, rather than tofu and the like.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:36 - Sep 29 with 2299 viewspositivity

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:31 - Sep 29 by giant_stow

probably habit and ease.

if you're replacing bacon in a sandwich, you want strips rather than cubes, and if you're replacing mince in a recipes, you don't want spheres.

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:38 - Sep 29 with 2293 viewsMullet

So it wins them the argument innit. Not going to convince me to swap meat for veggies when I eat both of them, but salted and flavoured cardboard with a bit of smug branding is definitely going to fool us all so they can say “See! My tofu is just like your food and you couldn’t tell the difference between all that excessive chewing and retching…”

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:39 - Sep 29 with 2279 viewsFBI

Personally (and I've been vegetarian since 1989) I like Quorn, fake bacon etc. I think of it as an ingredient, not 'meat' but I do like the taste; I just don't want to eat burned flesh ripped from a corpse*.

I get the point, but you could apply the same argument to Decaf tea and coffee, AF beer etc. Love the taste, hate the cruelty. Okay, meat that is, not beer or coffee!

I have no problem with people eating meat, especially if properly sourced, and would never dream of telling anyone else not to.

*Gratuitous and entirely tongue in cheek comment there.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 17:46]

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:39 - Sep 29 with 2275 viewslowhouseblue

i think the coop unbelievable burgers are great and i would certainly have them rather than a meat equivalent (ie a frozen supermarket burger). but i wouldn't pretend that they are meat or replicate meat. very odd.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:46 - Sep 29 with 2222 viewseireblue

Why do you suppose vegans do want that?

I think the answer is, if you have a product that you wish to market and sell to the largest possible population, especially if you want to encourage people to move from a competitive product, to your product, then you may want to name, label and brand it in a particular way.

Nobody seems to get confused or annoyed when they don’t end up with an idea of a chicken, or a lump of precious metal shaped like a chicken, when unpacking the groceries.

Think of this way, vegans are mentally strong enough to have their food labelled similarly to something they are ethical opposed to and results from a horrible life and the death of sentient beings.

Some meat eaters seem a tad….wimpy on this topic.
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:48 - Sep 29 with 2193 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hate to break it to you but the planet is f'cked.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/29/green-growth-economic-acti

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:02 - Sep 29 with 2154 viewsleitrimblue

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:48 - Sep 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/29/green-growth-economic-acti

Very interesting read, thanks. The link, 'can not afford the rich' also v good
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:06 - Sep 29 with 2135 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:02 - Sep 29 by leitrimblue

Very interesting read, thanks. The link, 'can not afford the rich' also v good

Here to serve!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:08 - Sep 29 with 2127 viewsJ2BLUE

Most people have grown up with meat being the centre of the majority of meals. Putting replacements in a useable form isn't to upset meat eaters, it's just to make it easier for people to switch.

It makes you wonder why more isn't taught in schools about beans, chickpeas, lentils etc. Good for your health, your wallet, animals and the planet. Someone must be making too much money.

I think this is a complete non story. You can find a dozen outraged idiots about literally anything these days. A restaurant could open its doors to the homeless for a night and some people would still say it was a marketing gimmick.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:08 - Sep 29 with 2132 viewsGlasgowBlue

People are genuinely thick. I was in a supermarket last week in Coatbridge where a woman was arguing with one of the shelf stackers because she wanted to know how much she had to pay for her meat as it said "reduced in Scotland".

It actually said "produced in Scotland" but the woman wasn't having any of it. She though the English had to pay the ticket price but it was "reduced in Scotland".

On a side note, we are doing a lot of plant based food in my coffee shops and I'm amazed how reluctant non vegan people are to try some of the vegan cakes. I get why they may not want one of our Spinach and Falafel Burgers. It won't taste like an 8oz Aberdeen Angus Burger. But the vegan cakes look and taste like any other cake. Same with the GF stuff. Folk look horrified when it's offered.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:40 - Sep 29 with 2025 viewsmonytowbray

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:38 - Sep 29 by Mullet

So it wins them the argument innit. Not going to convince me to swap meat for veggies when I eat both of them, but salted and flavoured cardboard with a bit of smug branding is definitely going to fool us all so they can say “See! My tofu is just like your food and you couldn’t tell the difference between all that excessive chewing and retching…”

If that’s your opinion on vegan food you clearly suck at cooking.

TWTD never forgets…

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:43 - Sep 29 with 2007 viewsmonytowbray

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:48 - Sep 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

That article, even in the heading, gives you the hint.

Time to get off the fence and fight back. You can do that tomorrow with minimum effort with your wallet and your diet, don’t have to lay in the M25!

TWTD never forgets…

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:44 - Sep 29 with 2001 viewsmonytowbray

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:08 - Sep 29 by GlasgowBlue

People are genuinely thick. I was in a supermarket last week in Coatbridge where a woman was arguing with one of the shelf stackers because she wanted to know how much she had to pay for her meat as it said "reduced in Scotland".

It actually said "produced in Scotland" but the woman wasn't having any of it. She though the English had to pay the ticket price but it was "reduced in Scotland".

On a side note, we are doing a lot of plant based food in my coffee shops and I'm amazed how reluctant non vegan people are to try some of the vegan cakes. I get why they may not want one of our Spinach and Falafel Burgers. It won't taste like an 8oz Aberdeen Angus Burger. But the vegan cakes look and taste like any other cake. Same with the GF stuff. Folk look horrified when it's offered.

The public are reluctant to try much at all, case in point in this thread… Mullet.

TWTD never forgets…

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:49 - Sep 29 with 1967 viewsKropotkin123

Facon?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:53 - Sep 29 with 1950 viewsFBI

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:49 - Sep 29 by Kropotkin123

Facon?

Depends which one. The Dalepak ones are nice but look like insoles (That's INsoles, innuendo fans) but make you belch like Frazzles for the rest of the day.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:54 - Sep 29 with 1937 viewsFtnfwest

Probably right, people should be free to buy pretend pre-packaged dead animals as well.
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:04 - Sep 29 with 1896 viewsEwan_Oozami

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 18:44 - Sep 29 by monytowbray

The public are reluctant to try much at all, case in point in this thread… Mullet.

Had the last pie in the cabinet at PR on Tuesday, wondered why it was still there, the lady serving said it was a vegan pie, had it anyway, it was lovely - could be my go-to for future games.

What do the professional veggies think of the vegan pies at PR?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:06 - Sep 29 with 1890 viewsDigger77

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 17:46 - Sep 29 by eireblue

Why do you suppose vegans do want that?

I think the answer is, if you have a product that you wish to market and sell to the largest possible population, especially if you want to encourage people to move from a competitive product, to your product, then you may want to name, label and brand it in a particular way.

Nobody seems to get confused or annoyed when they don’t end up with an idea of a chicken, or a lump of precious metal shaped like a chicken, when unpacking the groceries.

Think of this way, vegans are mentally strong enough to have their food labelled similarly to something they are ethical opposed to and results from a horrible life and the death of sentient beings.

Some meat eaters seem a tad….wimpy on this topic.

Don't about a billion insects have to die to satisfy a vegans diet? Or don't they count now?
I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:20 - Sep 29 with 1836 viewsEwan_Oozami

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:06 - Sep 29 by Digger77

Don't about a billion insects have to die to satisfy a vegans diet? Or don't they count now?

A perfect example of Brandolini's Law.....

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:26 - Sep 29 with 1818 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:04 - Sep 29 by Ewan_Oozami

Had the last pie in the cabinet at PR on Tuesday, wondered why it was still there, the lady serving said it was a vegan pie, had it anyway, it was lovely - could be my go-to for future games.

What do the professional veggies think of the vegan pies at PR?

Are they the butter bean ones? I think I had one once and it was very nice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:28 - Sep 29 with 1803 viewsEwan_Oozami

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:26 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

Are they the butter bean ones? I think I had one once and it was very nice.

Yep, a bit spicy and much more palatable than any of the meat ones I've had previously....

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:30 - Sep 29 with 1799 viewsHerbivore

Facebook has sussed that I'm a vegan so I get lots of ads for plant based food products and it's hilarious reading the comments on them. At least 75% of the comments are from triggered gammons (sorry, red faced intellectually challenged humans) complaining that plant based products can't name themselves after meat. Imagine that being something that genuinely bothers you. No wonder this country is a mess.

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:31 - Sep 29 with 1796 viewsHerbivore

I see the vegans are out yet again forcing people to do things… on 19:28 - Sep 29 by Ewan_Oozami

Yep, a bit spicy and much more palatable than any of the meat ones I've had previously....

Yes that definitely rings a bell. Think I had one at an evening game when I'd not had time to get any dinner and it was a very pleasant surprise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024