Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... 09:50 - Oct 20 with 5943 viewsitfcjoe

....for me it is:

Donacien
Burns
Chaplin
Aluko
Bonne

They might not all fit in the team, but those 5 are the only ones for me who can feel aggrieved if they don't play as not put a foot wrong.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:24 - Oct 21 with 805 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 23:58 - Oct 20 by _sanctimoanious_

He has always been highly rated so i saw it as very shrewd bit of business. Good left peg on him which is improving each game.

The Fridge is someone who has modelled his game and shoulders (but hopefully not his personal life) on John Terry. Will be a huge player for us.

Toto is still riddled with errors which lets him down as he has most of the other attributes. A lot of revisionism with him goes on. Has been utterly dreadful in the past. Nice guy and hope he steps up.

Did someone in this thread say JD is captain material? Well, lets take a step back and calm the f£&k down. Lol.

You're exaggerating. Toto makes the odd glaring error, he's not riddled with them. He's great in the air, puts in so many important blocks and is utterly fearless, launching himself to get in the way of anything heading towards our goal. I'd accept his odd slip to have his bravery and determination in the team.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:27 - Oct 21 with 802 viewshype313

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:24 - Oct 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're exaggerating. Toto makes the odd glaring error, he's not riddled with them. He's great in the air, puts in so many important blocks and is utterly fearless, launching himself to get in the way of anything heading towards our goal. I'd accept his odd slip to have his bravery and determination in the team.

Yeah people seem to be looking at Toto's first season with us and not giving him credit for making improvements in his game, he's still rough round the edges, but he's the type of player we need in this division to help us get out.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:29 - Oct 21 with 803 viewschicoazul

If we’re talking about players feeing aggrieved to be left out if and when that happens, then surely 1P is in that conversation. And Fraser.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:32 - Oct 21 with 779 viewschicoazul

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:27 - Oct 21 by hype313

Yeah people seem to be looking at Toto's first season with us and not giving him credit for making improvements in his game, he's still rough round the edges, but he's the type of player we need in this division to help us get out.

Toto and Janoi are exactly what we need in this team for this league.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:33 - Oct 21 with 774 viewshype313

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:32 - Oct 21 by chicoazul

Toto and Janoi are exactly what we need in this team for this league.

Indeed, it's all very well having flare, exciting players, but sometimes you just need some sh!thousery.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:34 - Oct 21 with 770 viewschicoazul

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:33 - Oct 21 by hype313

Indeed, it's all very well having flare, exciting players, but sometimes you just need some sh!thousery.

Feel like this disrespected my main men but I think I know what you mean! Give me Toto and his simple solidity over Burgess or Woolf any day.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:35 - Oct 21 with 765 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 22:04 - Oct 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would add Pigott and even, possibly, Norwood (if you can overlook the off-field stuff) to your list. It is only because Bonne is doing so well and the system has only one striker that they are not getting more game time. Both done very well whenever called on.

Pigott?! He's done sod-all so far.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:36 - Oct 21 with 767 viewsHerbivore

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:34 - Oct 21 by chicoazul

Feel like this disrespected my main men but I think I know what you mean! Give me Toto and his simple solidity over Burgess or Woolf any day.

Burgess is more like Toto than Woolf, he's very basic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:38 - Oct 21 with 749 viewschicoazul

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:36 - Oct 21 by Herbivore

Burgess is more like Toto than Woolf, he's very basic.

Yeah you know what in hindsight I haven’t seen enough of Burgess to say what I did, not that speaking from a position of wild ignorance has ever stopped me before. I wish we had got Sonny Bradley but Toto is a good second best option.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:45 - Oct 21 with 717 viewsHerbivore

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:38 - Oct 21 by chicoazul

Yeah you know what in hindsight I haven’t seen enough of Burgess to say what I did, not that speaking from a position of wild ignorance has ever stopped me before. I wish we had got Sonny Bradley but Toto is a good second best option.

Someone like Sonny Bradley would have made a big difference. There's not too many leaders or too much experience in our side. A lot of talent but that alone isn't enough. Burgess and Edmundson both have ability, Edmundson more so on what I've seen to date, but they are both relatively inexperienced. A big hairy arsed CB that could shout at people and clatter the odd centre forward would have helped us no end in getting out of this league.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:01 - Oct 21 with 686 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 16:32 - Oct 20 by MrTown

Vincent-Young is in your best XI, based on form he had from nearly 2 years ago.

JD is in the form of his life right now, and he wasn't in your best Town XI.

Madness.

It's not that hard. KVY at his peak is better than JD at his peak.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:12 - Oct 21 with 670 viewstextbackup

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:38 - Oct 21 by chicoazul

"Sonny Bradley but Toto is a good second best option"

the captain of a championship team is first option, and toto is the second option..... thats a rather large gap in quality, is it not?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:21 - Oct 21 with 630 views_sanctimoanious_

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:24 - Oct 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

He sliced the ball out of play on a number of occasions and was lucky not to lose possession as the last man when he accidentally stood on the ball. Don’t get me wrong, he has a lot of good but people get carried away sometimes with praise, especially when a player has been out for a while.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:26 - Oct 21 with 616 viewsHerbivore

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:21 - Oct 21 by _sanctimoanious_

He sliced the ball out of play on a number of occasions and was lucky not to lose possession as the last man when he accidentally stood on the ball. Don’t get me wrong, he has a lot of good but people get carried away sometimes with praise, especially when a player has been out for a while.

Slicing the ball out of play rarely leads to the opposition getting an attempt on goal. Not giving the ball away but looking a bit clumsy generally doesn't either. Having seen Burgess a few times, based on Toto's performance in Tuesday I feel more confident in Toto than I do in Burgess at the minute. All defenders at this level are capable of errors but defensively Toto put in a good display on Tuesday.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:29 - Oct 21 with 594 views_sanctimoanious_

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:26 - Oct 21 by Herbivore

Slicing the ball out of play rarely leads to the opposition getting an attempt on goal. Not giving the ball away but looking a bit clumsy generally doesn't either. Having seen Burgess a few times, based on Toto's performance in Tuesday I feel more confident in Toto than I do in Burgess at the minute. All defenders at this level are capable of errors but defensively Toto put in a good display on Tuesday.

But still an error. He did play well and agree looked better than Burgess, I’m just not going overboard….adding a bit of ‘grey’
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:32 - Oct 21 with 599 viewsHerbivore

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:29 - Oct 21 by _sanctimoanious_

But still an error. He did play well and agree looked better than Burgess, I’m just not going overboard….adding a bit of ‘grey’

It's an error but not a costly one. It's frustrating but Burgess' use of the ball is equally bad but he seems to think he's Baresi and so often ends up giving it away dangerously. Edmundson was also guilty of this on one occasion on Tuesday. And yet it's Toto who gets stick for far less costly errors. He's never going to be a world beater but he came into a leaky defence, we kept a clean sheet, and his actual defensive work was very good.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:42 - Oct 21 with 561 views_sanctimoanious_

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:32 - Oct 21 by Herbivore

It's an error but not a costly one. It's frustrating but Burgess' use of the ball is equally bad but he seems to think he's Baresi and so often ends up giving it away dangerously. Edmundson was also guilty of this on one occasion on Tuesday. And yet it's Toto who gets stick for far less costly errors. He's never going to be a world beater but he came into a leaky defence, we kept a clean sheet, and his actual defensive work was very good.

Toto gets stick because of a history of costly errors. Admittedly a fee of them in our disaster season a level above.

I agrree with you btw and disappointed with how easily Burgess is bullied for a big man. I have a hinch Burgess was way down the list of targets.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 11:13 - Oct 21 with 537 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:21 - Oct 21 by _sanctimoanious_

They do get carried away with praise but I felt you got carried away with criticism.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 11:20 - Oct 21 with 525 viewsHerbivore

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:42 - Oct 21 by _sanctimoanious_

Toto gets stick because of a history of costly errors. Admittedly a fee of them in our disaster season a level above.

I agrree with you btw and disappointed with how easily Burgess is bullied for a big man. I have a hinch Burgess was way down the list of targets.

Although for large spells over the past 2 years at this level he's played well. He does have a mistake in him for sure, but that is true of all defenders at this level. His errors seem to get played up a lot and often people overlook his strengths. My biggest issue with Toto is that he can play well for 10 games and then he'll make a mistake (give away a pen, give possession away and concede a chance or goal) and he seems to then lose the plot a bit and be more likely to make a subsequent big error. I think it's a confidence thing. If he could put his errors behind him he'd be more than good enough at this level. Championship is beyond him imo, but that's a worry for another season.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 11:20 - Oct 21 with 524 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:29 - Oct 21 by _sanctimoanious_

"riddled with errors" "utterly dreadful in the past"

You have an interesting concept of "grey"!

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 11:25 - Oct 21 with 517 viewsGarv

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 16:55 - Oct 20 by tivo

Surprised KVY hasn't had one change at LB where he did play some games for COLU.

No way is he getting in there ahead of MP or HC.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 20:21 - Oct 21 with 404 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:35 - Oct 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

Pigott?! He's done sod-all so far.

431 minutes for 3 goals and 1 assist. You have a strange idea of "sod-all"!

Norwood has played 107 minutes for just 1 goal and yet you choose to say Pigott has done sod all and not question Norwood!

Both have looked very useful whenever they have played and have a decent return for minutes on the pitch. Just nothing like as good as Bonne (who is averaging 101 minutes per goal).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 08:32 - Oct 22 with 300 viewsMarkoW1

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 11:25 - Oct 21 by Garv

No way is he getting in there ahead of MP or HC.

I like Penney, gets some harsh criticism but usually is involved in our goals or attacks.
Reckon he’ll be a great signing
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 12:15 - Oct 22 with 254 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 20:21 - Oct 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

431 minutes for 3 goals and 1 assist. You have a strange idea of "sod-all"!

Norwood has played 107 minutes for just 1 goal and yet you choose to say Pigott has done sod all and not question Norwood!

Both have looked very useful whenever they have played and have a decent return for minutes on the pitch. Just nothing like as good as Bonne (who is averaging 101 minutes per goal).

You do realise the stats you've quoted make Norwood look better? Also, Norwood already 'took his chance' last season. If you're basing it on this season, he's barely had a chance.

Stats aside, whenever I've seen Pigott I haven't been impressed with his overall play. He's been anonymous for large parts of games. That's not to say he won't come good... but the idea he's "grabbed his opportunity with both hands" is laughable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024