Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... 09:50 - Oct 20 with 5945 viewsitfcjoe

....for me it is:

Donacien
Burns
Chaplin
Aluko
Bonne

They might not all fit in the team, but those 5 are the only ones for me who can feel aggrieved if they don't play as not put a foot wrong.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Public apology to Sone Aluko on 10:48 - Oct 20 with 2067 viewsunstableblue

I absolutely slated him after his first performance for Town at PR, thought it was up there with some of Towns worst debuts.

But the guy was just rusty, and has been just excellent since, the key being he’s not only got flair but he gets stuck in.

I agree with that list Joe… and was a bit surprised Burns didn’t start last night, but he still had a brilliant cameo

Key with those 5 players is they are putting in the energy week in week out… it’s high commitment

Think we’ve missed led that in a few players.

I should call out Edmundson last night, he took a while to settle, but when he got going he was immense.

Again it was going to take time for Cook to settle and work out his best team… a negative of the investment was almost bringing in too much quality…. Our preferred team may look like this in a few weeks:

Walton
Donacien Edmundson Toto Coulson
Morsy Evans
Burns Chaplin Aluko
Bonne

That’s 6 players different to what on port looked out best side

Also in support of Cook, and it showed last night, he’s needs energy and strong performances from the deep two, and full backs for his system to work, period. And I just don’t he’s been getting that consistency of performance.

Now let’s go and spank Fleetwood

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Public apology to Sone Aluko on 10:51 - Oct 20 with 2055 viewshype313

Public apology to Sone Aluko on 10:48 - Oct 20 by unstableblue

I absolutely slated him after his first performance for Town at PR, thought it was up there with some of Towns worst debuts.

But the guy was just rusty, and has been just excellent since, the key being he’s not only got flair but he gets stuck in.

I agree with that list Joe… and was a bit surprised Burns didn’t start last night, but he still had a brilliant cameo

Key with those 5 players is they are putting in the energy week in week out… it’s high commitment

Think we’ve missed led that in a few players.

I should call out Edmundson last night, he took a while to settle, but when he got going he was immense.

Again it was going to take time for Cook to settle and work out his best team… a negative of the investment was almost bringing in too much quality…. Our preferred team may look like this in a few weeks:

Walton
Donacien Edmundson Toto Coulson
Morsy Evans
Burns Chaplin Aluko
Bonne

That’s 6 players different to what on port looked out best side

Also in support of Cook, and it showed last night, he’s needs energy and strong performances from the deep two, and full backs for his system to work, period. And I just don’t he’s been getting that consistency of performance.

Now let’s go and spank Fleetwood

Think they are trying to manage Burn's Achilles as best as they can, which is why he has been on the bench, certainly not for his form.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 11:42 - Oct 20 with 1987 viewsN2_Blue

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:27 - Oct 20 by WilbrahamBlue

Right now possibly not, but personally I think we will end seeing KVY or even another right back after Jan, who fits Cooks rigid system of attack better. I don't see JD as a long-term Cook solution, I just don't.

Why not?

If he carries on performing as he right now why do we need another RB. With KVY who is way more than capable we are fine...he is just out of from currently and JD has stepped up admirably.

Cook loves a player who fights and earns his place more than any other, so I think if JD maintains his level he's in for the foreseeable.

Shows the depth we have in some positions. RB is not one of those problem positions

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 13:07 - Oct 20 with 1902 viewsdirtyboy

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 11:42 - Oct 20 by N2_Blue

Why not?

If he carries on performing as he right now why do we need another RB. With KVY who is way more than capable we are fine...he is just out of from currently and JD has stepped up admirably.

Cook loves a player who fights and earns his place more than any other, so I think if JD maintains his level he's in for the foreseeable.

Shows the depth we have in some positions. RB is not one of those problem positions

Donacien had involvement in two of the goals last night..think it can be said he's doing fine both ends.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 13:18 - Oct 20 with 1876 viewsmonty_radio

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:27 - Oct 20 by WilbrahamBlue

Right now possibly not, but personally I think we will end seeing KVY or even another right back after Jan, who fits Cooks rigid system of attack better. I don't see JD as a long-term Cook solution, I just don't.

The KVY you remember was a darting piece of quicksilver in an ocean of mediocrity. We have yet to see anything similar in recent time from him, although we all hope for better.

Donacien has not just been adequate, but excellent, even without his two very deliberate assists last night. This debate needs to be moderated by what can actually be seen, not hoped for.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 13:18 - Oct 20 with 1873 viewsMarkoW1

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:57 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

Probably about right. Special mentions for Penney and El Mizouni who may not have staked a claim for guaranteed starter but have proved able deputies when required

Hopefully Edmundson and Walton can stake a claim now and we can really kick on

Think Penney won’t just be a deputy - he’s a solid creative LB IMO
Chaplin definitely has staked his claim
Our squad has lots of qualities
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:15 - Oct 20 with 1810 viewsMrTown

Didn't you have KVY ahead of Donacien in your best Town side yesterday

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:25 - Oct 20 with 1793 viewsitfcjoe

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:15 - Oct 20 by MrTown

Didn't you have KVY ahead of Donacien in your best Town side yesterday

Yep, and I still think that is the case and where we will end up this season.

But that doesn't mean Donacien is playing in a way at the moment where he deserves to stay in the team

Login to get fewer ads

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:28 - Oct 20 with 1780 viewsMrTown

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:25 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Yep, and I still think that is the case and where we will end up this season.

But that doesn't mean Donacien is playing in a way at the moment where he deserves to stay in the team

So he is the best right back right now, but doesn't get in to your best team.

Donacien gets too much disrespect.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 15:28]

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:29 - Oct 20 with 1767 viewsHerbivore

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:01 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Yep - just don't think any of those has really nailed it down yet and made themselves undroppable - even though Morsy clearly is going to start every game.

I couldn't watch last night, sounds like Edmundson's best game by a distance

Edmundson looked to have an error in him first half but was better after the break. I think he'll be good but I wouldn't agree that he's really grabbed a place yet on the performances I've seen. He's relatively young for a CB and I can see him having a high ceiling and he had a disrupted preseason, but I'm not 100% sold on him just yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:31 - Oct 20 with 1769 viewsitfcjoe

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:28 - Oct 20 by MrTown

So he is the best right back right now, but doesn't get in to your best team.

Donacien gets too much disrespect.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 15:28]

This shouldn't be difficult to understand - I think KVY, if he can get anywhere close to where he was before his injury problems, offers us so much as an attacking outlet and is a decent defender and I'd like to see him get a run of games in the team to show that.

But, JD is playing very well at the moment and doesn't deserve to be dropped - he has taken the opportunity given to him.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:59 - Oct 20 with 1708 viewsjaykay

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:26 - Oct 20 by tractorboy1978

Donacien getting forwards and providing two decent assists is a revelation as that's always been my issue with him. He's always been a solid defender. If he can consistently offer an attacking threat and good delivery then we'll have some player on our hands. He looks an example of a player that's improving with good coaching.

i think donacien has improved with good players around him. last few years when he has played the ball into midfield it would come straight back to him , meaning he had to make a hurried clearances 9 times out of ten. now when he gives it to the midfield they look to go forward meaning donacien can then bomb forward.
a average player will look bad in a poor side, but a average player will look better in a good side.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 16:06 - Oct 20 with 1685 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:57 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

Probably about right. Special mentions for Penney and El Mizouni who may not have staked a claim for guaranteed starter but have proved able deputies when required

Hopefully Edmundson and Walton can stake a claim now and we can really kick on

Penney's certainly been a lot better than most expected.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 16:32 - Oct 20 with 1662 viewsMrTown

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:31 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

This shouldn't be difficult to understand - I think KVY, if he can get anywhere close to where he was before his injury problems, offers us so much as an attacking outlet and is a decent defender and I'd like to see him get a run of games in the team to show that.

But, JD is playing very well at the moment and doesn't deserve to be dropped - he has taken the opportunity given to him.

Vincent-Young is in your best XI, based on form he had from nearly 2 years ago.

JD is in the form of his life right now, and he wasn't in your best Town XI.

Madness.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 16:49 - Oct 20 with 1617 viewsMarkoW1

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:20 - Oct 20 by WilbrahamBlue

Adding to your list I would say only a maximum of 3 places only in the starting 11 are slightly up for debate at this stage is pretty darn good. And plenty of options for those positions too.

CB partner for Edmundson
Left mid
Don/KVY

I think the keeper and CM pair are fixed now, and Coulson comes in at LB.

We are getting there.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 10:21]

Don’t get why Coulsons nailed on to come in at LB - out of 4 games he’s played he’s only managed to finish 3
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 16:50 - Oct 20 with 1607 viewsitfcjoe

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 16:32 - Oct 20 by MrTown

Vincent-Young is in your best XI, based on form he had from nearly 2 years ago.

JD is in the form of his life right now, and he wasn't in your best Town XI.

Madness.

Tom carroll is injured and was in there too, it wasn't a team for the next game

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 16:55 - Oct 20 with 1589 viewstivo

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:37 - Oct 20 by Garv

Without putting a downer on things I don't expect to see regular assists from JD. Last night wasn't the norm in terms of his attacking output. Pompey were terrible.

If KVY can't force his way in and find some form I can see a new right back being targeted come January.

Surprised KVY hasn't had one change at LB where he did play some games for COLU.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 17:14 - Oct 20 with 1552 viewsfranz_tyson

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 15:59 - Oct 20 by jaykay

i think donacien has improved with good players around him. last few years when he has played the ball into midfield it would come straight back to him , meaning he had to make a hurried clearances 9 times out of ten. now when he gives it to the midfield they look to go forward meaning donacien can then bomb forward.
a average player will look bad in a poor side, but a average player will look better in a good side.

Think you’re doing him a disservice. Not saying he’s a world-beater, but he’s someone who’s improved the team, not someone who’s gained a reputation from others. He’s what we needed when others weren’t doing their jobs. Made us stronger defensively when we were looking very vulnerable.
It could be temporary if the team improves and sorts out defensive issues and there could be a time to re-introduce KVY, but the lad hasn’t relied on anyone else…. just stuck to basics… defended solidly and seems to have improved his attacking play.
Not sure what’s going on with KVY, but let’s not do the old trick of exaggerating their reputation due to their absence especially when the guy who’s come in has improved us.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 19:22 - Oct 20 with 1490 viewsjaykay

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 17:14 - Oct 20 by franz_tyson

Think you’re doing him a disservice. Not saying he’s a world-beater, but he’s someone who’s improved the team, not someone who’s gained a reputation from others. He’s what we needed when others weren’t doing their jobs. Made us stronger defensively when we were looking very vulnerable.
It could be temporary if the team improves and sorts out defensive issues and there could be a time to re-introduce KVY, but the lad hasn’t relied on anyone else…. just stuck to basics… defended solidly and seems to have improved his attacking play.
Not sure what’s going on with KVY, but let’s not do the old trick of exaggerating their reputation due to their absence especially when the guy who’s come in has improved us.

i think you read my post completely wrong. nowhere was i doing him a disservice. i said the improvement in his game is due better players in the team. so when he plays the ball to the midfield , they dont take the easy way out by just passing it back to him, making him just booting it clear. they turn and make a forward run, meaning the don then can bomb down the wing like he did last night. which lead to him assisting in 2 goals.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 21:58 - Oct 20 with 1444 viewsKeaneish

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:57 - Oct 20 by textbackup

Edmundson is our best CB by a mile. he starts for me too. and Evans alongside Morsy seems much more comfortable.

Edmunson is getting better game on game. Very comfortable on the ball. A definite start for but finding a partner is a bit trickier it seems.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 22:04 - Oct 20 with 1435 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would add Pigott and even, possibly, Norwood (if you can overlook the off-field stuff) to your list. It is only because Bonne is doing so well and the system has only one striker that they are not getting more game time. Both done very well whenever called on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 23:34 - Oct 20 with 1391 viewsBonchosBicycle

Always thought the JD situation under Lambert was ridiculous - he was clearly one of our best two RBs yet he refused to play him even when KVY was injured.

The KVY thing is tough. He was the great hope for the team at one time and I thought he'd play a big part this season, but Janoi has brought some of the solidity at the back that we needed after scoring hatloads but shipping even more. It's hard to see where he'll fit in right now. Usually I'd say play him further forward but we have an embarrassment of riches in front of RB.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 23:58 - Oct 20 with 1362 views_sanctimoanious_

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 16:06 - Oct 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Penney's certainly been a lot better than most expected.

He has always been highly rated so i saw it as very shrewd bit of business. Good left peg on him which is improving each game.

The Fridge is someone who has modelled his game and shoulders (but hopefully not his personal life) on John Terry. Will be a huge player for us.

Toto is still riddled with errors which lets him down as he has most of the other attributes. A lot of revisionism with him goes on. Has been utterly dreadful in the past. Nice guy and hope he steps up.

Did someone in this thread say JD is captain material? Well, lets take a step back and calm the f£&k down. Lol.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 05:35 - Oct 21 with 1329 viewsSaigonTractor

Donacian has been our best and most consistent player other than Bonne. It's the last position that needs changing, and he's clearly working well in Cook's system.

Why would Cook try to fix what isn't broken?
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 07:18 - Oct 21 with 1292 viewsKeaneish

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 05:35 - Oct 21 by SaigonTractor

Donacian has been our best and most consistent player other than Bonne. It's the last position that needs changing, and he's clearly working well in Cook's system.

Why would Cook try to fix what isn't broken?

…because he doesn’t oppose attacking threat. Reality is though, despite the lopsidedness of the attacking full back options, we don’t need it given we average nearly two-goals a game.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024