Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contract extensions 17:01 - Oct 28 with 1297 viewshunty21

Looking at the players whos contracts are expiring in 2022 who should we extend now ?
Nsala
Carroll
Jackson
Donacian
Aluko (option to extend)
Nolan
Norwood ( option to extend)
El mizoni
Contract extensions on 17:04 - Oct 28 with 1263 viewsDubtractor

I wouldn't extend any of those right now - we're hoping to be a division higher next season and I'm not sure that any will be in our plans if we are.

I know Donacien has made the RB spot his own now, but if we go up I'd be certain that Cook and Ashton will want to upgrade for the Championship.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Contract extensions on 17:05 - Oct 28 with 1249 viewsunstableblue

Definitely Donacien, El Miz

Consider Toto, Aluko and Carrol

Release Nolan, Jackson and Norwood

(Although I still think Norwood will have a part to play this season)

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Contract extensions on 17:10 - Oct 28 with 1236 viewsitfcjoe

I think talks have started already with Donacien, which is prob fair

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Contract extensions on 17:15 - Oct 28 with 1218 viewsOwainG1992

Only Janoi and El Miz for me.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Contract extensions on 17:26 - Oct 28 with 1185 viewspositivity

Contract extensions on 17:05 - Oct 28 by unstableblue

generally agree, not seen enough of aluko & carrol yet to judge, maybe 2 who would handle the step up.

bit unfair to write off nolan when he's been injured so long, but will find it difficult to break into the 18 let alone the side...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Contract extensions on 17:28 - Oct 28 with 1165 viewsChurchman

Contract extensions on 17:05 - Oct 28 by unstableblue

I agree with this though I could accept Toto being elevated to the definitely list.
Contract extensions on 17:35 - Oct 28 with 1132 viewsDubtractor

Contract extensions on 17:26 - Oct 28 by positivity

generally agree, not seen enough of aluko & carrol yet to judge, maybe 2 who would handle the step up.

bit unfair to write off nolan when he's been injured so long, but will find it difficult to break into the 18 let alone the side...

I'm gonna write off Nolan based on him being poor to ineffective for a couple of seasons before his injury problems.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Contract extensions on 17:57 - Oct 28 with 1085 viewsitfcsuth

Should be looking at Donacien & El Mizouni now.

The rest can wait.
Login to get fewer ads

Contract extensions on 18:09 - Oct 28 with 1051 viewsZx1988

Contract extensions on 17:04 - Oct 28 by Dubtractor

I wouldn't extend any of those right now - we're hoping to be a division higher next season and I'm not sure that any will be in our plans if we are.

I know Donacien has made the RB spot his own now, but if we go up I'd be certain that Cook and Ashton will want to upgrade for the Championship.

I think we should be covering our backs in case this season doesn't go to plan.

Once we get to January, those with contracts that expire in the summer are free to talk to other clubs with a view to signing at the end of the season. Assuming they keep up their current form, there are a few there who I'd want tied down to another season just in case.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Contract extensions on 18:19 - Oct 28 with 1017 viewsDarth_Koont

Contract extensions on 17:04 - Oct 28 by Dubtractor

Possibly. But I think we’ll need better, more solid defenders in our first year up (that foundation is going to be critical if we’re committed to 4231). I think Donacien is near the top of the list of our current defenders – and especially as a utility defender as well.

I think Aluko might be doing enough as well. His overall game, ball retention and use of it looks a cut above average in our squad.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 18:19]

Pronouns: He/Him

Contract extensions on 18:23 - Oct 28 with 996 viewsSomethingBlue

At the moment none of them — if we go up then I suspect the picture changes quite dramatically for us. If we stay down I can see how three or four of those would be useful. But we're completely in the dark on that at the moment.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Contract extensions on 18:29 - Oct 28 with 963 viewsDubtractor

Contract extensions on 18:23 - Oct 28 by SomethingBlue

At the moment none of them — if we go up then I suspect the picture changes quite dramatically for us. If we stay down I can see how three or four of those would be useful. But we're completely in the dark on that at the moment.

Great minds Thingers, great minds.

Contract extensions on 18:31 - Oct 28 with 953 viewsDubtractor

Contract extensions on 18:19 - Oct 28 by Darth_Koont

Possibly. But I think we’ll need better, more solid defenders in our first year up (that foundation is going to be critical if we’re committed to 4231). I think Donacien is near the top of the list of our current defenders – and especially as a utility defender as well.

I think Aluko might be doing enough as well. His overall game, ball retention and use of it looks a cut above average in our squad.

Those are the two I think there is a case for, but I think think it is too early in the season overall.

Contract extensions on 18:31 - Oct 28 with 952 viewsRadlett_blue

Contract extensions on 18:19 - Oct 28 by Darth_Koont

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. It's more than likely we will be in the 3rd tier again next season, but would any of those players be a loss if they left on a free? Not really - we could probably get equally good free or cheap options. Also handing out extensions when Cook may be under pressure himself doesn't make sense.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Contract extensions on 19:21 - Oct 28 with 854 viewsOldboy

None of the above. Up or still here, our squad is only going to get stronger. Let them go, better incoming.
Contract extensions on 21:24 - Oct 28 with 695 viewsHipsterectomy

Donacien seems to be loved by every player at Town.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Contract extensions on 09:48 - Oct 29 with 511 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Janoi - even if we go up he will still be a good back up to have and is clearly getting better with every game.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024