Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Personal plea (COVID) 11:00 - Nov 4 with 7716 viewswkj

Please give mask wearing (and vaccination) some serious thought over the winter months. I came into contact with it at the end of October and it managed to get me. Although I am fully vaccinated, the mitigated symptoms are the worst I have felt except for having meningitis in my youth.

Mask wearing is a small, yet an irritating, thing to do - but doing it will very likely save someone's life.

As for vaccinations, all I can say is if I feel this bad despite having it then bless those who had to go through it without it.

Perspex shields and masks are only so effective, but it is a significant reduction in risk for our friends and family if we start taking it seriously again for the colder months.

Stay safe, coyb.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 11:00]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:05 - Nov 5 with 668 viewsCrockerITFC

Personal plea (COVID) on 16:53 - Nov 4 by J2BLUE

A third dose of the Pfizer jab is supposed to give 96%+ protect from symptomatic covid. That is insane. With new treatments and more knowledge about the vaccines and their effects there will come a time, probably soon, when we can just go back to normal life completely. We're not quite there yet and we're going into winter. Masks and homeworking have very little impact on most people who are lucky enough to not have any existing conditions and are able to work from home.

We're slightly over 7 weeks out from Christmas. We can act now, lower cases and have a good Christmas or we can refuse to face reality, let things get out of control and face another lockdown over the Christmas period. Then the idiots who refused to wear masks will take to the streets to protest...

As great as the advances are we still run the risk of creating variants with each new wave. All it takes is one strain that the vaccines can't counter and we're back to square one again. This is why all preventative measures are important currently because we're close but not quite there yet regarding the science.
Personal plea (COVID) on 13:48 - Nov 5 with 594 viewsDurovigutum

Personal plea (COVID) on 09:40 - Nov 5 by BlueBlueBluex2

I have to admit that I do find it very odd that we should wear a mask in a huge supermarket in case there is someone a few aisles down for me (not forgetting the ventilation in there) but not when sitting directly next to, behind and in front of complete strangers for 90 mins.

I guess that everyone on this thread chooses to ignore this part of the advice and sits with a mask on at the match for the full 90mins, so its all good.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 9:41]

In the Nou Camp a week last Sunday you needed your mask on. Stewards came and checked up, threatened to throw a few out who weren't. They didn't bother in the "ultras" section however, not sure why....
Personal plea (COVID) on 14:48 - Nov 5 with 568 viewswkj

Personal plea (COVID) on 13:48 - Nov 5 by Durovigutum

In the Nou Camp a week last Sunday you needed your mask on. Stewards came and checked up, threatened to throw a few out who weren't. They didn't bother in the "ultras" section however, not sure why....

Strange old world - sad truth of it is that football is a prime location for transmission

Personal plea (COVID) on 14:57 - Nov 5 with 546 viewsKropotkin123

It's quite nice in Vancouver. I'm on the "sky train" right now, which is their metro. Only one person not wearing a mask and that is not normal. People are seemingly more considerate of other here.

Talk of a third jab in the winter.

Also my work arranged for everyone to get the flu shot and tetanus shot. More of a preventative approach to staff health.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Personal plea (COVID) on 15:06 - Nov 5 with 536 viewsfab_lover

A good plea, and you're quite right. The problem is that as, basically, shaved apes with a similar mindset, we're herd creatures.

I had to go to That London yesterday and meet clients and then take them out for drinks in Canary Wharf. On the train / tube I wore a mask, at least 50% of people weren't. As I had forgotten to pack the FFP2 masks I have, that meant I was protecting them from me, and had zero protection from them.

Then going into a bar in Canary Wharf - it was like the old days. NO masks. Not on staff, not on customers. Being "mine host" meant I went to the bar multiple times to get drinks, with the queue 3 deep. I must have come into close contact with well over a hundred people, probably more. It was a massive bar, easily 300 people in there / in the outside garden.

As "herd" creatures, we do what everyone else does. Having the strength to fight against that herd instinct is very difficult. We don't like to stand out.

In Europe - you won't get into a venue of any kind without showing a vaccination cert. Even in public outdoor spaces like markets, masks must be worn. I can't get my booster for another month. Will be lateral flow testing tomorrow and keeping fingers crossed.
Personal plea (COVID) on 15:41 - Nov 5 with 491 viewsJ2BLUE

A roughly 50/50 split in a busy Sainsburys Warren Heath about 14:30.

I know i've said my piece but I just really don't get it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Personal plea (COVID) on 15:50 - Nov 5 with 470 viewswkj

Personal plea (COVID) on 15:41 - Nov 5 by J2BLUE

50/50 is actually fairly good considering what I was seeing between Sep 16th - Oct 30th - still could be better, but maybe we're trickling up a bit

Personal plea (COVID) on 15:51 - Nov 5 with 469 viewsfooters

Personal plea (COVID) on 15:41 - Nov 5 by J2BLUE

Let us know how they're behaving at the end of your shift too.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Personal plea (COVID) on 15:52 - Nov 5 with 467 viewswkj

Personal plea (COVID) on 15:51 - Nov 5 by footers

I just resigned from them :(

Personal plea (COVID) on 16:26 - Nov 5 with 434 viewsJ2BLUE

Personal plea (COVID) on 15:51 - Nov 5 by footers

Boom. Nice one Footers.

Truly impaired.

Personal plea (COVID) on 16:29 - Nov 5 with 419 viewsfooters

Personal plea (COVID) on 16:26 - Nov 5 by J2BLUE

Boom. Nice one Footers.

It was only a tap-in but you'd come way off your line and I had no other option but to take it.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Personal plea (COVID) on 20:15 - Nov 5 with 333 viewsJ2BLUE

Personal plea (COVID) on 16:29 - Nov 5 by footers

It was only a tap-in but you'd come way off your line and I had no other option but to take it.

Absolutely.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024