Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Personal plea (COVID) 11:00 - Nov 4 with 7717 viewswkj

Please give mask wearing (and vaccination) some serious thought over the winter months. I came into contact with it at the end of October and it managed to get me. Although I am fully vaccinated, the mitigated symptoms are the worst I have felt except for having meningitis in my youth.

Mask wearing is a small, yet an irritating, thing to do - but doing it will very likely save someone's life.

As for vaccinations, all I can say is if I feel this bad despite having it then bless those who had to go through it without it.

Perspex shields and masks are only so effective, but it is a significant reduction in risk for our friends and family if we start taking it seriously again for the colder months.

Stay safe, coyb.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 11:00]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:16 - Nov 4 with 1050 viewsgtsb1966

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:08 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

It's the logical conclusion to the implication of your post and the many other "back to normal" posts you've made.

Feel free to point out what's wrong in my post.

SB

I asked the question will there ever be a time when we can all agree that masks are no longer needed . Simple as that. See J2's reply.
Personal plea (COVID) on 17:22 - Nov 4 with 1023 viewsStokieBlue

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:16 - Nov 4 by gtsb1966

I asked the question will there ever be a time when we can all agree that masks are no longer needed . Simple as that. See J2's reply.

And I answered, I don't think there will ever be agreement on that because in winter they will reduce cases of covid and flu.

I realise I'm on the losing side of this debate though given you've been pushing the back to normal narrative for weeks along with many others even with very high cases.

In the end we will go back to no masks, probably next year and it'll be left to the Asian countries to protect themselves this way.

SB
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 17:33]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:24 - Nov 4 with 1017 viewsStokieBlue

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:15 - Nov 4 by Digger77

Spot on. Like jabbing 12-15 year olds.

Given herd immunity is probably impossible with the current vaccines, not vaccinating children essentially means we will have high cases for a long time.

Children are also not immune to long covid. I'd want my kids to have the vaccine given that can certainly cause problems.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2157

Please don't start with the "experimental vaccine" stuff again.

SB

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:28 - Nov 4 with 1007 viewsgiant_stow

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:24 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

Given herd immunity is probably impossible with the current vaccines, not vaccinating children essentially means we will have high cases for a long time.

Children are also not immune to long covid. I'd want my kids to have the vaccine given that can certainly cause problems.

SB

Did the US approve Pfizer for over 5s recently too?

Sorry if this is wrong, but sure I read it somewhere and there's been lots of Covid / suffering in and around my kid's class, so I'd be all in favour of jabbing kids too.

Having said that, I think gtsb1966 was asking a non-loaded question, straight up, personally.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:54 - Nov 4 with 949 viewsDigger77

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:24 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Of course nobody wants their children to get ill, but Post-viral syndrome (aka long covid) can happen after catching any virus, even a common cold.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326619

Also, the research you linked isn't peer reviewed.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 17:57]
Personal plea (COVID) on 18:18 - Nov 4 with 917 viewsStokieBlue

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:54 - Nov 4 by Digger77

Of course nobody wants their children to get ill, but Post-viral syndrome (aka long covid) can happen after catching any virus, even a common cold.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326619

Also, the research you linked isn't peer reviewed.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 17:57]

I'm struggling to understand your point?

Long covid isn't specifically post-viral syndrome but it could a form of it. It could also be caused by the activation of the Epstein Barr virus.

I still don't understand your point though, why wouldn't you want to minimise possible long covid in your child just because other viruses may cause post-viral syndrome? It looks like whatabouterry to me.

That is an article from the BMJ (not a dodgy US republican blog/paper that you tend to cite as evidence). The article summarises the study which is referenced at the bottom and which you can read on Google Scholar.

SB

Personal plea (COVID) on 18:54 - Nov 4 with 860 viewsOldboy

Personal plea (COVID) on 18:18 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

I'm struggling to understand your point?

Long covid isn't specifically post-viral syndrome but it could a form of it. It could also be caused by the activation of the Epstein Barr virus.

I still don't understand your point though, why wouldn't you want to minimise possible long covid in your child just because other viruses may cause post-viral syndrome? It looks like whatabouterry to me.

That is an article from the BMJ (not a dodgy US republican blog/paper that you tend to cite as evidence). The article summarises the study which is referenced at the bottom and which you can read on Google Scholar.

SB

Bless you for trying, but give it up. You cannot save everyone.
Personal plea (COVID) on 19:46 - Nov 4 with 831 viewsDurovigutum

Personal plea (COVID) on 17:22 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

And I answered, I don't think there will ever be agreement on that because in winter they will reduce cases of covid and flu.

I realise I'm on the losing side of this debate though given you've been pushing the back to normal narrative for weeks along with many others even with very high cases.

In the end we will go back to no masks, probably next year and it'll be left to the Asian countries to protect themselves this way.

SB
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 17:33]

I'm just back from a (very pleasant) week in Barcelona. In Spain, if you are over 6 years old then you wear a mask indoors or on the train/tube/bus. Everyone is doing so, nobody is wearing them on their chin or as a skull cap. Their numbers? 3,000 infections compared to ours of 43,000 (last week).

I don't understand why we are so reticent?
Login to get fewer ads

Personal plea (COVID) on 19:57 - Nov 4 with 811 viewsPinewoodblue

Personal plea (COVID) on 18:54 - Nov 4 by Oldboy

There is currently no vaccine available for stupid.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Personal plea (COVID) on 20:08 - Nov 4 with 794 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Personal plea (COVID) on 16:13 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

Shouldn't he and everyone else do what the experts think is best?

Going by ones feelings rather than the opinions of people who have the technical knowledge and all the available data would seem like a very bad idea.

It does however seem to be the British way nowadays for a good number of people.

SB

Always?
https://theconversation.com/mario-draghi-is-italys-addiction-to-technocratic-lea

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Personal plea (COVID) on 20:23 - Nov 4 with 757 viewsSwansea_Blue

Personal plea (COVID) on 19:46 - Nov 4 by Durovigutum

I'm just back from a (very pleasant) week in Barcelona. In Spain, if you are over 6 years old then you wear a mask indoors or on the train/tube/bus. Everyone is doing so, nobody is wearing them on their chin or as a skull cap. Their numbers? 3,000 infections compared to ours of 43,000 (last week).

I don't understand why we are so reticent?

We’ve got a lot of bad actors undermining public health advice (lobbyists, media, media commentators), a mixture of vindictive, naive and the downright stupid spreading misinformation to friends and online, and weak government leadership.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Personal plea (COVID) on 20:46 - Nov 4 with 732 viewsOldsmoker

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:15 - Nov 4 by BlueBadger

The REALLY unlucky ones are the poor sods who are unfit for intubation who get to die lingering deaths on claustrophobic, noisy and deeply uncomfortable CPAP machines whilst they're fully awake.

At least you get generally get strong sedation if you get intubated.

I got Covid 4 weeks ago.
My Doctor said No to hospital - better if I tough it out at home.
Why? Seems that in order to assess if someone needs hospitalisation you may be in a wheelchair/bed in a corridor while they take tests. Seems the tests are not the swaying factor but the availabilty of resources. My Doctor had a patient spend 16 hours in a corridor then told to go home.
I chose to look after myself but I think 'Long Covid' may have got me.

I still have a dry throat and husky voice.
My lungs feel shredded. When I breathe in, the sensation is different to what it was before. My lung capacity seems to be halved. I get exhausted just sitting on the sofa.
My Doctor seems to suggest that a diagnosis of 'Long Covid' is anecdotal rather than clinical at the moment as it's all early days in understanding Covid and its effects.
I guess I will have to adjust my lifestyle and become a do-nothing lazy git.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Personal plea (COVID) on 20:48 - Nov 4 with 730 viewsStokieBlue

Personal plea (COVID) on 20:08 - Nov 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Always?
https://theconversation.com/mario-draghi-is-italys-addiction-to-technocratic-lea

I didn't say always but pretty much yes. Your link is because you don't like technocrat governments rather than them doing things wrong. Let's not forget they had Berlusconi before that.

For instance, if someone was to ask both of us how to do something with regards to their garden they should always take your advice regardless of how right I "feel" my view was.

SB

Personal plea (COVID) on 21:02 - Nov 4 with 707 viewsfooters

Personal plea (COVID) on 20:46 - Nov 4 by Oldsmoker

I got Covid 4 weeks ago.
Why? Seems that in order to assess if someone needs hospitalisation you may be in a wheelchair/bed in a corridor while they take tests. Seems the tests are not the swaying factor but the availabilty of resources. My Doctor had a patient spend 16 hours in a corridor then told to go home.

My lungs feel shredded. When I breathe in, the sensation is different to what it was before. My lung capacity seems to be halved. I get exhausted just sitting on the sofa.
My Doctor seems to suggest that a diagnosis of 'Long Covid' is anecdotal rather than clinical at the moment as it's all early days in understanding Covid and its effects.

All the best to you, Mr Smoker. Hope you're coping as well as possible.

I trust you have plenty of sausage casserole mix and 'erb in store?

Long covid is something people are massively disregarding as to this awful illness' effects, even on the younger and fitter people out there.

I wish you all the luck in the world with becoming a lazy, do-nothing git - I'm sure it will be quite the lifestyle adjustment.

Always nice to see you around, btw.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Personal plea (COVID) on 21:15 - Nov 4 with 697 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Personal plea (COVID) on 20:48 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

I didn't say always but pretty much yes. Your link is because you don't like technocrat governments rather than them doing things wrong. Let's not forget they had Berlusconi before that.

For instance, if someone was to ask both of us how to do something with regards to their garden they should always take your advice regardless of how right I "feel" my view was.

SB

As with finance, it is the same with plants, there is more than one solution to any particular question.

Personal plea (COVID) on 21:20 - Nov 4 with 677 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I got Covid 4 weeks ago.

Crap....on a positive note a friend of ours who had Covid twice was saying today that her lungs have finally started to feel better.

Personal plea (COVID) on 21:30 - Nov 4 with 663 viewsWeWereZombies

I got Covid 4 weeks ago.

I guess we can't really say 'Get Well Soon' with any conviction, can we buh? And the forum has been the worse for not having your contributions recently, so take it easy but let us know how you are getting on now and again, fingers crossed for some improvements in your health as we go on.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Personal plea (COVID) on 22:05 - Nov 4 with 643 viewsStokieBlue

Personal plea (COVID) on 21:15 - Nov 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

As with finance, it is the same with plants, there is more than one solution to any particular question.

There can be many solutions but usually only one optimal solution.

I would trust you to provide it because you're the expert. You're basically saying I shouldn't listen to you.

SB
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 22:05]

Personal plea (COVID) on 09:04 - Nov 5 with 516 viewsPinewoodblue

Will be heading up to Lowestoft, lunchtime, for a sixties ,soul and Motown weekend so time to take an LF test.

You may ask why I am bothering but the truth is you never know if you have Covid and are not showing any symptoms. You wouldn’t want to unknowingly pass it onto someone more vulnerable than you are.

I will wear a mask of course in situations where common sense dictates it is the right thing to do.

Pleased to say test is negative so can finish packing.

Added to existing thread rather than starting a fresh one. If you are going to Portman Road tomorrow don’t forget your mask and wear it while moving around the stadium.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Personal plea (COVID) on 09:16 - Nov 5 with 493 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Personal plea (COVID) on 09:04 - Nov 5 by Pinewoodblue

Will be heading up to Lowestoft, lunchtime, for a sixties ,soul and Motown weekend so time to take an LF test.

You may ask why I am bothering but the truth is you never know if you have Covid and are not showing any symptoms. You wouldn’t want to unknowingly pass it onto someone more vulnerable than you are.

I will wear a mask of course in situations where common sense dictates it is the right thing to do.

Pleased to say test is negative so can finish packing.

Added to existing thread rather than starting a fresh one. If you are going to Portman Road tomorrow don’t forget your mask and wear it while moving around the stadium.

Should people not be wearing it all the time in the stadium, seeing as they are close proximity to strangers. Why only when 'moving around?'
Personal plea (COVID) on 09:32 - Nov 5 with 469 viewsEwan_Oozami

Personal plea (COVID) on 09:16 - Nov 5 by BlueBlueBluex2

Should people not be wearing it all the time in the stadium, seeing as they are close proximity to strangers. Why only when 'moving around?'

I think that was the Governmental advice to outdoor sport venues - are you saying the Govt advice - which is what you want to follow - is wrong?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Personal plea (COVID) on 09:40 - Nov 5 with 461 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Personal plea (COVID) on 09:32 - Nov 5 by Ewan_Oozami

I think that was the Governmental advice to outdoor sport venues - are you saying the Govt advice - which is what you want to follow - is wrong?

I have to admit that I do find it very odd that we should wear a mask in a huge supermarket in case there is someone a few aisles down for me (not forgetting the ventilation in there) but not when sitting directly next to, behind and in front of complete strangers for 90 mins.

I guess that everyone on this thread chooses to ignore this part of the advice and sits with a mask on at the match for the full 90mins, so its all good.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 9:41]
Personal plea (COVID) on 10:19 - Nov 5 with 425 viewsEwan_Oozami

Personal plea (COVID) on 09:40 - Nov 5 by BlueBlueBluex2

I have to admit that I do find it very odd that we should wear a mask in a huge supermarket in case there is someone a few aisles down for me (not forgetting the ventilation in there) but not when sitting directly next to, behind and in front of complete strangers for 90 mins.

I guess that everyone on this thread chooses to ignore this part of the advice and sits with a mask on at the match for the full 90mins, so its all good.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 9:41]

I know, crazy isn't it?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Personal plea (COVID) on 10:44 - Nov 5 with 393 viewsEireannach_gorm

Personal plea (COVID) on 18:54 - Nov 4 by Oldboy

Personal plea (COVID) on 10:53 - Nov 5 with 384 viewsWeWereZombies

Personal plea (COVID) on 09:16 - Nov 5 by BlueBlueBluex2

Yeah but when you're sitting down you are never close to anyone talking, shouting or singing, are you?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024