Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shaving 22:40 - Nov 17 with 1692 viewsCoastalblue

The face bit before you lot go all KOA on me.

Get the odd beard thread on here, none odder than Keno after all, wondered what people use for shaving.

Do many use obscenely expensive cartridge razors? I use a merkur DE safety razor, never looked back after I switched and am partial to some Truefitt and Hill shave creams with some of the money saved from the cartridges.

Badger and Blade is a decent resource for anybody interested, nothing about improved performances or tippy tappy football on there though.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Shaving on 22:49 - Nov 17 with 1642 viewsKeno

What’s my after all??

I used Shavekit, and happy to recommend

https://www.shavekit.com/

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Shaving on 05:57 - Nov 18 with 1512 viewsChondzoresk

Used both Harrys and One Dollar Shave…..unfortunately both subscription services have let me down. I may have just been unlucky though. Now back with Harrys, so far so good. But very one dimensional in regards any scent. Plenty of other suppliers too all wanting your business.
Shaving on 08:21 - Nov 18 with 1414 viewsDrissaDiallo

I use an Edwin Jagger DE89 and Edwin Jagger shaving soap. I'd never go back to cartridge razors and I'd recommend a safety razor to anyone. The initial outlay is more expensive but I reckon I spend no more than 3 or 4 quid a year on blades.
Shaving on 08:29 - Nov 18 with 1397 viewsBluespeed225

Bic do great disposables, recyclable, often on offer at Savers! Foam, always foam fir me. Gel clogs the blades, Bobyshop cream was ok but pricey. The secrets is a good post save balm! The blunt razors get passed on to the wife for her legs!
Shaving on 08:48 - Nov 18 with 1379 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Have not shaved for over 15yrs now, preferring to hold a short beard / stubble.

Quick look around the office and I see only one chap out of 20 who is clean shaven. Not sure why I shared that.
Shaving on 13:29 - Nov 18 with 1282 viewsOldboy

Gillette Mach 3 for me. Excellent shave.
Shaving on 13:34 - Nov 18 with 1255 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shaving on 08:48 - Nov 18 by BlueBlueBluex2

Have not shaved for over 15yrs now, preferring to hold a short beard / stubble.

Quick look around the office and I see only one chap out of 20 who is clean shaven. Not sure why I shared that.

I've noticed on all my zoom calls lately that most people previously clean shaven now have short beard / stubble. Even most of the men too. Mine started as lockdown laziness, but then I purchased a pair of clippers and I do a grade ~1.5 all over me face and bonce once a week. Job done. Can't believe I ever went through hte hassle of shaving.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shaving on 13:39 - Nov 18 with 1237 viewsfooters

Does anyone use a shaving brush these days? Seems to have gone out of style, much like the humble flannel.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Shaving on 13:41 - Nov 18 with 1232 viewskeighleyblue

Similar to you. I use a decent quality German safety razor (Muhle) with blades. Miles better shave than disposables / cartridges and enviro friendly to boot.
Shaving on 14:36 - Nov 18 with 1183 viewsDrissaDiallo

Shaving on 13:39 - Nov 18 by footers

Does anyone use a shaving brush these days? Seems to have gone out of style, much like the humble flannel.

I use one with a traditional shaving soap. Much better than the foams and gels imo.
Shaving on 15:09 - Nov 18 with 1163 viewswaspsforever1

Same murker. Best blades Japanese feather get eBay tenners worth last a year easy what blades u all use
Shaving on 16:41 - Nov 18 with 1116 viewsfactual_blue

Shaving on 13:39 - Nov 18 by footers

I use one.

Well, less a badger hair shaving brush, more an actual badger.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Shaving on 17:51 - Nov 18 with 1058 viewschicoazul

All creams soaps and foams are a marketing myth. Reject modernism. You just need a sharp blade and hot water.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Shaving on 20:39 - Nov 18 with 968 viewsCoastalblue

Shaving on 15:09 - Nov 18 by waspsforever1

Same murker. Best blades Japanese feather get eBay tenners worth last a year easy what blades u all use

I tried Feathers in my early days with a DE, very smooth shave but I was getting a few nicks with them, been using Astra ever since. Much the same as you, about a tenner for a box that lasts about a year.

I wonder if I ought to give Feathers a try again after a decade or more of experience.

Oh, and yeah, I use a shaving brush too.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Shaving on 20:44 - Nov 18 with 963 viewswkj

I don't bother shaving any at all any more. People around me seem to like it as I have strangers throwing money at me as I walk by on the street.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Shaving on 20:51 - Nov 18 with 940 viewseireblue

Shaving on 17:51 - Nov 18 by chicoazul

All creams soaps and foams are a marketing myth. Reject modernism. You just need a sharp blade and hot water.

“ A rudimentary form of shaving cream was documented in Sumer around 3000 BC. This substance combined wood alkali and animal fat and was applied to a beard as a shaving preparation.”

Look, I am not suggesting everything you post is incorrect, but, it’s an impressive track record.

Shaving on 20:54 - Nov 18 with 933 viewsbrogansnose

I got fed up with disposables and thought them a bit environmentally unsound, anyway, switched a couple of years ago to a Merkur DE and get really good shaves which I'm sure has lead to less skin irritation and closer shaves. Prefer the Merkur blades but they are a bit steep price wise so now use Feathers. On a side note, I've found the Gillette blades awful. Love using a Sandalwood soap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024