Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Tim Paine then 08:31 - Nov 19 with 3626 viewsSteve_M

Looks like CA covered up his dodgy texts and have only acted because it made the media.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/tim-paine-quits-as-australia-captain-after-se

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, Tim Paine then on 12:11 - Nov 19 with 1088 viewsSuffolktractor

So, Tim Paine then on 12:02 - Nov 19 by Radlett_blue

Yes, they could all bat, but the argument generally used is that a front line bowler often doesn't make a great captain as he often over or under-bowls himself, while focusing on your bowling plus the captaincy is hard.

Let’s hope Cummins underbowls himself if he becomes captain. Although their other bowlers are pretty decent as well!
So, Tim Paine then on 12:20 - Nov 19 with 1071 viewsitfcjoe

So, Tim Paine then on 09:16 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

I see Hales also went a bit Norwood back in 2009.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59344022

I guess it's going to be a stream of these reports for the next few months.

SB

Just loads of mud being thrown around and people happier to deal with individual cases and have hot takes on them rather than the instituionalised problems which will just continue in a different way

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, Tim Paine then on 13:17 - Nov 19 with 1004 viewsitfc48

So, Tim Paine then on 12:20 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Just loads of mud being thrown around and people happier to deal with individual cases and have hot takes on them rather than the instituionalised problems which will just continue in a different way

Yep, the tabloids are all lapping this up whilst they are partly to blame with the articles they write and their various agendas.

It's ironic how everyone goes on about an integrated society when in truth thanks to platforms like Twitter society has never been more fractured. Social media is a cesspit.
So, Tim Paine then on 13:38 - Nov 19 with 965 viewsIllinoisblue

So, Tim Paine then on 08:47 - Nov 19 by Chrisd

Cricket is certainly not in a good place at the moment. Regarding Paine's situation, wasn't this dealt with at the time? If so, why is it resurfacing now, 4 years down the line?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 8:49]

All seems a bit of a storm in a tea cup. Nothing to do with cricket and everything to do with a man being a cheating prick. Never quite understood why sports people are held up to be our supposed moral guardians.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, Tim Paine then on 14:01 - Nov 19 with 934 viewsmrshallisfit

So, Tim Paine then on 09:46 - Nov 19 by Lord_Lucan

Mother is very nervous.

At Jubilee year in 1977 she helped 11 year old Lucan black up for a "Fun Day Cricket match" in honour of my batting hero Clive Lloyd

Photo or it didn't happen
So, Tim Paine then on 14:28 - Nov 19 with 918 viewsRadlett_blue

So, Tim Paine then on 12:11 - Nov 19 by Suffolktractor

Let’s hope Cummins underbowls himself if he becomes captain. Although their other bowlers are pretty decent as well!

Given England's lack of decent pace bowlers & suspect batting line up, I think avoiding a whitewash will be a good achievement. However, given the time zone differences, fortunately I will be watching very little of it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So, Tim Paine then on 14:49 - Nov 19 with 887 viewsXYZ

Not a good look for CA and a personal tragedy for Paine. The weakness of men strikes again. I think he should be dropped and a new keeper brought in, probably Alex Carey.

There's a definite lack of candidates to replace him. Fast bowlers don't captain sides for good reasons, so I'm not sure about Cummins, but I don't see another option.

Timely gift for England.
So, Tim Paine then on 15:15 - Nov 19 with 859 viewsmylittletown

So, Tim Paine then on 14:49 - Nov 19 by XYZ

Not a good look for CA and a personal tragedy for Paine. The weakness of men strikes again. I think he should be dropped and a new keeper brought in, probably Alex Carey.

There's a definite lack of candidates to replace him. Fast bowlers don't captain sides for good reasons, so I'm not sure about Cummins, but I don't see another option.

Timely gift for England.

I don't see why it is a 'personal tragedy'. He was an idiot and should pay the price.
It would be a 'personal tragedy' if turns out to be not guilty.
Login to get fewer ads

So, Tim Paine then on 15:17 - Nov 19 with 856 viewsmylittletown

So, Tim Paine then on 09:45 - Nov 19 by Radlett_blue

Imran Khan, Ray Illingworth, Kapil Dev.

Wasim Akram, Jason Holder
So, Tim Paine then on 15:20 - Nov 19 with 850 viewsXYZ

So, Tim Paine then on 15:15 - Nov 19 by mylittletown

I don't see why it is a 'personal tragedy'. He was an idiot and should pay the price.
It would be a 'personal tragedy' if turns out to be not guilty.

You've never made a mistake in your life?
So, Tim Paine then on 15:34 - Nov 19 with 831 viewsJ2BLUE

So, Tim Paine then on 09:20 - Nov 19 by giant_stow

Assuming it was a dick pic, I was just wondering if sending one of these has ever had the desired effect for any many ever? They're a completely alien concept to me, but then I predate mobiles.

Same. By the time mobile cameras with a good enough zoom feature were invented I felt too old to send a dick pic to anyone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, Tim Paine then on 16:02 - Nov 19 with 810 viewsLord_Lucan

So, Tim Paine then on 14:01 - Nov 19 by mrshallisfit

Photo or it didn't happen

No photo but it's on a cine camera reel

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So, Tim Paine then on 17:07 - Nov 19 with 759 viewsitfc48

Shane Warne spent half his career doing similar. Luckily for him he was a lot better cricketer than Paine.

CA have stitched him up good and proper and they will have known about this for years. They got want they wanted from him. The T20 win got the public and sponsors back onside so Paine is now expendable.
So, Tim Paine then on 19:02 - Nov 19 with 715 viewsmylittletown

So, Tim Paine then on 15:20 - Nov 19 by XYZ

You've never made a mistake in your life?

Of course I have, and I never expected anyone to think that I deserved any sympathy for being stupid.
So, Tim Paine then on 22:21 - Nov 19 with 633 viewsMelford

So that's 2 Aussie captains in a row resigning because of ball tampering. The stump mikes during the Ashes will be interesting, doubt Paine will be as chirpy as he was against India. Ever since "See you at the Gabba" he's been made to look an idiot.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024