Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mid life crisis? 18:40 - Nov 27 with 5970 viewsDubtractor

I turned 46 last week, and I'm wondering if I'm getting to the right age to consider having a midlife crisis. What age do people reckon is the right age for this?

Also, I'd welcome suggestions for what I could do for the occasion. I'm not really a flash car kind of guy, so that's out. I could trade in Mrs Dub for a younger model but I can't imagine too much demand for what I have to offer if I'm honest, plus I'm not a cooont so let's rule that out too.

This midlife crisis lark is quite difficult isn't it?

[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 18:42]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Mid life crisis? on 21:18 - Nov 27 with 1087 viewsjeera

Mid life crisis? on 21:13 - Nov 27 by brogansnose

Whoo you on up Big J.

I'm not having you marked down as the sports car, bottoxed partner type !!!

Anyway, how's things ?

Never been a car person Brogs to be honest.

If I won a fortune tomorrow I'd probably buy a Skoda Superb estate or something similar.

I did have a Capri as a first car though, and if I lifted he seat to its full height I could even just about see over the bonnet.

I'm still plodding along thank you - trust you're doing ok.

Ifollow tomorrow I guess for the latest instalment of "Which Town will show up today?"
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 21:18]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mid life crisis? on 21:27 - Nov 27 with 1063 viewsbrogansnose

Mid life crisis? on 21:18 - Nov 27 by jeera

Never been a car person Brogs to be honest.

If I won a fortune tomorrow I'd probably buy a Skoda Superb estate or something similar.

I did have a Capri as a first car though, and if I lifted he seat to its full height I could even just about see over the bonnet.

I'm still plodding along thank you - trust you're doing ok.

Ifollow tomorrow I guess for the latest instalment of "Which Town will show up today?"
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 21:18]

Ha, I had the use of my fathers Capri when I passed my test at 18 which I duly dented. I probably dented his mid life crisis at the same time.
Mid life crisis? on 21:33 - Nov 27 with 1046 viewsfooters

Mid life crisis? on 20:40 - Nov 27 by factual_blue

What if you have a summerhouse, but not a shed?

(Asking for a friend. Or I would be, if I had any).

I've never masturbated in a shed, summerhouse or even gazebo. Closested life, I suppose

But splinters are a very nasty thing.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 21:36]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Mid life crisis? on 21:34 - Nov 27 with 1046 viewsNthQldITFC

Mid life crisis? on 20:37 - Nov 27 by factual_blue

You do realise that if you're alive after 2055 you'll be fighting with the people in the adjacent pile of rubble for the radioactive dead rat lying a few irradiated metres away?

That was 40 minutes ago. I've bumped off the neighbours, but I can't find the rat. Any more advice?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mid life crisis? on 21:57 - Nov 27 with 999 viewsfactual_blue

Mid life crisis? on 21:34 - Nov 27 by NthQldITFC

That was 40 minutes ago. I've bumped off the neighbours, but I can't find the rat. Any more advice?

Eat the neighbours.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mid life crisis? on 22:28 - Nov 27 with 965 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Mid life crisis? on 21:02 - Nov 27 by Dubtractor

Funnily enough I've had it stuck in my head since making this post.

Angel dust is an absolutely perfect album imo.

It is magnificent. Although on later versions they stuck on their cover of 'Easy' which I hate.

The track 'The World Is Yours' was supposed to be on it as well, but they couldn't get all the samples cleared, or at least it would have taken so much effort the record company said no. It also included audio of Bud Dwyer's last moments which is more than grim.

Along with Dirt it is a masterpiece from 1992.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Mid life crisis? on 22:43 - Nov 27 with 947 viewsBLUEBEAT

Get a VW T4 or T5 like me.

Then we can go to those more laid back less busy niche festivals and play our own records to each other without upsetting anyone else.

Poll: W or W

Mid life crisis? on 22:53 - Nov 27 with 939 viewsMelford

My midlife crisis thing is not cutting my hair, 2 years since my last haircut. I went to a school reunion a couple of years ago and a lot of my ex-classmates were bald or grey haired whilst I have a lush brown flowing mane almost down to my shoulders.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 22:54]

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Mid life crisis? on 23:54 - Nov 27 with 890 viewsGodzilla

No such thing, its made up term for men who were never really happy in the first place.

Mid life crisis? on 00:04 - Nov 28 with 877 viewsStNeotsBlue

Take a day off work and if you can still fire at least 3 good ones off the wrist you're in fine fettle. If you can't it is a crisis.
Mid life crisis? on 00:10 - Nov 28 with 863 viewsGodzilla

Mid life crisis? on 00:04 - Nov 28 by StNeotsBlue

Take a day off work and if you can still fire at least 3 good ones off the wrist you're in fine fettle. If you can't it is a crisis.

Wise words indeed.
Mid life crisis? on 03:00 - Nov 28 with 803 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Mid life crisis? on 21:33 - Nov 27 by footers

I've never masturbated in a shed, summerhouse or even gazebo. Closested life, I suppose

But splinters are a very nasty thing.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 21:36]

Huh? Is your old fella made of wood?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Mid life crisis? on 08:44 - Nov 28 with 755 viewsDubtractor

Mid life crisis? on 00:04 - Nov 28 by StNeotsBlue

I feel like I should combine your advice with that of Footers to create some kind of mid life crisis mega test.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Mid life crisis? on 09:08 - Nov 28 with 738 viewsblueconscience

I solved my mid life crisis at 40 by treating myself to a new Aston Martin. You are well within the age group to treat yourself. And don’t let anyone influence your decision as to what that treat may be.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Mid life crisis? on 09:14 - Nov 28 with 733 viewsbluelagos

Mid life crisis? on 09:08 - Nov 28 by blueconscience

I solved my mid life crisis at 40 by treating myself to a new Aston Martin. You are well within the age group to treat yourself. And don’t let anyone influence your decision as to what that treat may be.

Didnt you fancy going for something quick 😈

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Mid life crisis? on 09:18 - Nov 28 with 729 viewsDubtractor

Mid life crisis? on 19:45 - Nov 27 by bluelagos

So you got the pushbike, now you need to do something stupid like a very long bike ride. Failing that, get a motorbike, you can defo annnoy all the right people then, proper fun times and never have to sit in traffic again, ever :-)

Another idea/suggestion, reevaluate your career snd be brave. You love music, playing decks right? So imagine working in the industry? How fulfilling would that be? If you dont try, you wont ever do it....

Failing that, why not set up that pirate radio station you know you always wanted to.

Whenever I think of work in the music industry, I just think of Les McQueen from league of gentlemen.

Mid life crisis? on 09:20 - Nov 28 with 727 viewsDeano69

Grow your hair long, start going to festivals and start looking at Harley Davidson’s (without the intention of ever buying one.

Or build a bar at home even though you rarely drink in the house. Or that could just be me.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Mid life crisis? on 09:24 - Nov 28 with 711 viewsblueconscience

Mid life crisis? on 09:14 - Nov 28 by bluelagos

Didnt you fancy going for something quick 😈

Style over substance for me. The Tesla X I drove, whilst quick was just not fun and the looks were rather boring.

Also. One of my targets I set myself to beat epilepsy was to buy a new Aston Martin. People said I wouldn’t achieve much in life as due to having 2-3 seizures a day, I missed a lot of school and didn’t go to uni etc. (I was proud of my 1 GCSE D grade I got)

So I hit two birds with one stone
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 9:36]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Mid life crisis? on 09:27 - Nov 28 with 704 viewsbluelagos

Mid life crisis? on 09:18 - Nov 28 by Dubtractor

Whenever I think of work in the music industry, I just think of Les McQueen from league of gentlemen.

When I worked for Bass Brewers (first job post graduation) I found myself in a company who as well as giving me free product and a free bar at work, also had a rather unusual line on their expenses form..."sampling"

When I queried what is was, was told it was for drinking beer. Had to be the company product, could only 'sample' one pint for any barrel and all you had to do was agree to report back to the Brewery if the beer was "off".

So you were basically encouraged to go on pub crawls, all in the name of quality assurance. Many of my colleagues took this part of the job very seriously.

Mid life crisis? on 09:43 - Nov 28 with 682 viewsbluelagos

Mid life crisis? on 09:24 - Nov 28 by blueconscience

Style over substance for me. The Tesla X I drove, whilst quick was just not fun and the looks were rather boring.

Also. One of my targets I set myself to beat epilepsy was to buy a new Aston Martin. People said I wouldn’t achieve much in life as due to having 2-3 seizures a day, I missed a lot of school and didn’t go to uni etc. (I was proud of my 1 GCSE D grade I got)

So I hit two birds with one stone
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 9:36]

In my fantasy garage I have a Maserati as my sports/posing car. An Aston wouldnt be far behind tbf.

Mid life crisis? on 09:44 - Nov 28 with 678 viewsblueconscience

Mid life crisis? on 09:43 - Nov 28 by bluelagos

In my fantasy garage I have a Maserati as my sports/posing car. An Aston wouldnt be far behind tbf.

I bought it to please myself, not others. Though it does get a lot more attention in petrol stations than my C63s AMG did.

If you really want the Maserati then get one. Make your fantasy a reality, as you only live once.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 9:46]

Mid life crisis? on 09:50 - Nov 28 with 664 viewsbluelagos

Mid life crisis? on 09:44 - Nov 28 by blueconscience

I bought it to please myself, not others. Though it does get a lot more attention in petrol stations than my C63s AMG did.

If you really want the Maserati then get one. Make your fantasy a reality, as you only live once.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 9:46]

Wouldnt use it tbh, given summer sunny days am out on one of my motorbikes. Kwaka for touring, KTM for scratching :-)

I did look at a 3 wheeled Morgan, but 3 times the cost and much slower than a decent bike. Plus it screams "couldnt pass a test" very loudly 😀

Mid life crisis? on 09:52 - Nov 28 with 667 viewsWeWereZombies

Compensate for your dwindling circle of friends and the indifference of your family by posting random thoughts on the unofficial football forum of a Third Division club?

You can then work through the mid life crisis by analysing the responses and other postings for spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Mid life crisis? on 09:56 - Nov 28 with 656 viewsblueconscience

Mid life crisis? on 09:50 - Nov 28 by bluelagos

Wouldnt use it tbh, given summer sunny days am out on one of my motorbikes. Kwaka for touring, KTM for scratching :-)

I did look at a 3 wheeled Morgan, but 3 times the cost and much slower than a decent bike. Plus it screams "couldnt pass a test" very loudly 😀

Fair enough . I do like motorbikes, but I would kill myself on one as I am pretty clumsy.

Mid life crisis? on 10:02 - Nov 28 with 653 viewsbluelagos

Mid life crisis? on 09:52 - Nov 28 by WeWereZombies

Compensate for your dwindling circle of friends and the indifference of your family by posting random thoughts on the unofficial football forum of a Third Division club?

You can then work through the mid life crisis by analysing the responses and other postings for spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes.

Do half an hour web research on an area of covid, then present your findings in stark contrast to the professionals who have spent their careers working in epidermiology.

Then get very upset when your half an hours research is torn to shreds, getting the hump at others' failures to consider your ground breaking analysis which you are adamant makes you an informed poster with a valuable contribution to the issues...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024