Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Word of warning... 13:40 - Nov 29 with 1778 viewsFixed_It

...for those of you calling for the disruption of a new manager coming in at this stage of the project.
If you recall, the Bristol City fans seem to really hate Mark Ashton, yet he is lauded in these parts. Seems odd, doesn't it. Why is he disliked so much in Bristol? As far as I can gather, it is largely down to his managerial recruitment record. Hmmm.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 13:40]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Word of warning... on 13:41 - Nov 29 with 1748 viewsSteve_M

You think we could appoint a manager to do an even worse job than Cook is at the moment?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Word of warning... on 13:41 - Nov 29 with 1735 viewsHerbivore

You're right, we should put our faith in ME's appointment, he had a cracking track record on that front.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Word of warning... on 13:42 - Nov 29 with 1721 viewsBonneNIL

He's also hated by Watford fans as well to be fair on Bristol City, they just had him longer!

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Word of warning... on 13:48 - Nov 29 with 1653 viewsBonneNIL

Word of warning... on 13:41 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

You're right, we should put our faith in ME's appointment, he had a cracking track record on that front.

To be fair I don't remember people being too upset with any of Evans appointments, he even got away with appointing an ex-Norwich manager to relegate us and we cheered and waved banners at the b********

Why was that ever a good idea? I'd rather we'd have given the job to one of the ball boys but I was called an idiot for not wanting Lambert here at the time. Then his pathetic theatrics getting sent off while Norwich spanked us again, PR Paul's finest moment here. We should have been spitting blood the second he was rumoured to be appointed! Also, Hurst was almost worshipped when he arrived and the most he ever won was the Lincolnshire cup, another man we as supporters should have said no way in hell to!

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Word of warning... on 13:50 - Nov 29 with 1631 viewsFixed_It

Word of warning... on 13:41 - Nov 29 by Steve_M

You think we could appoint a manager to do an even worse job than Cook is at the moment?

Yes. We definitely could. Cook has a proven record, and we have seen glimpses of what his teams can do. He was towards the top of most peoples' lists when we were recruiting last time (just a few months ago). Sometimes you just need to hold your nerve. Football fans aren't usually very good at that though.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Word of warning... on 13:53 - Nov 29 with 1585 viewsfooters

Word of warning... on 13:50 - Nov 29 by Fixed_It

Yes. We definitely could. Cook has a proven record, and we have seen glimpses of what his teams can do. He was towards the top of most peoples' lists when we were recruiting last time (just a few months ago). Sometimes you just need to hold your nerve. Football fans aren't usually very good at that though.

But he's been given everything he's asked for and more, yet we're 11th in League One. You have to admit it's been very poor. So what's his excuse exactly?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Word of warning... on 13:55 - Nov 29 with 1559 viewshomer_123

He was second in my list to the Cowleys but I said at the time, I could see we appointed Cook.

His track record for a more immediate improvement was better than the Cowleys.

I would say, sometimes, you need to know when to cut and run.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Word of warning... on 13:55 - Nov 29 with 1559 viewsSitfcB

Word of warning... on 13:53 - Nov 29 by footers

But he's been given everything he's asked for and more, yet we're 11th in League One. You have to admit it's been very poor. So what's his excuse exactly?

If it was May I’d understand all this ‘we’re 11th in league 1’ and ‘he’s failed’ stuff.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Word of warning... on 13:56 - Nov 29 with 1527 viewsHerbivore

The glimpses are too few and far between. He's had 36 games here and we've only won 11 of them, in the third division. After 36 games you'd be expecting to see some sustained progress and we just aren't seeing that at all. Is it a case of holding our nerve or sleepwalking into a fourth season in League 1?

Word of warning... on 13:58 - Nov 29 with 1496 viewsfooters

Word of warning... on 13:55 - Nov 29 by SitfcB

If it was May I’d understand all this ‘we’re 11th in league 1’ and ‘he’s failed’ stuff.

FWIW, I think the owners will give him the season regardless. But compared to expectations before the season we've underperformed badly. I hope Cook can turn it around but we're a long way off the pace, and we're all still worried coming off a win!

Word of warning... on 14:00 - Nov 29 with 1476 viewsHerbivore

This is how we sleepwalk from failure to failure.

Word of warning... on 14:00 - Nov 29 with 1467 viewshomer_123

Word of warning... on 14:00 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

This is how we sleepwalk from failure to failure.

It's very Ipswich isn't it (well Ipswich of the last 10 years or so)

Word of warning... on 14:03 - Nov 29 with 1450 viewsKeaneish

With you all the way on this one Sitters. Why this is so hard to grasp for a collective on here I have no idea. Games turn in a second, momentum starts from a single result, teams can jump half the league in a space of a week but for some reason, these aren’t being tolerated. I’m going to say, “in my opinion”, the sense of entitlement amongst a few is becoming stifling on here.

To all fans holding your nerve, well done. To others flailing around and clutching at straws, get a grip, you’re making yourselves look very silly.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Word of warning... on 14:09 - Nov 29 with 1404 viewsfooters

Word of warning... on 14:03 - Nov 29 by Keaneish

With you all the way on this one Sitters. Why this is so hard to grasp for a collective on here I have no idea. Games turn in a second, momentum starts from a single result, teams can jump half the league in a space of a week but for some reason, these aren’t being tolerated. I’m going to say, “in my opinion”, the sense of entitlement amongst a few is becoming stifling on here.

To all fans holding your nerve, well done. To others flailing around and clutching at straws, get a grip, you’re making yourselves look very silly.

"Clutching at straws"... erm, we're mid-table and were lucky not to draw with a team bottom of the table yesterday? Not sure those being critical are the ones clutching at straws.

Word of warning... on 14:16 - Nov 29 with 1378 viewsKeaneish

Word of warning... on 14:09 - Nov 29 by footers

"Clutching at straws"... erm, we're mid-table and were lucky not to draw with a team bottom of the table yesterday? Not sure those being critical are the ones clutching at straws.

None of you have given any logical or rational reason as to why things are inconsistent other than Joe in my view so yes, clutching at straws. The multitude of posts trying to find an answer that barely mention the game they’ve just watched is bewildering. This is where the answers lie.

If there’s no meaningful discourse on what should change other than the lazy and obvious, “sack the manager” then it’s all arbitrary hot air.

Must. Do. Better. TWTD.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Word of warning... on 14:23 - Nov 29 with 1340 viewshomer_123

Word of warning... on 14:16 - Nov 29 by Keaneish

None of you have given any logical or rational reason as to why things are inconsistent other than Joe in my view so yes, clutching at straws. The multitude of posts trying to find an answer that barely mention the game they’ve just watched is bewildering. This is where the answers lie.

If there’s no meaningful discourse on what should change other than the lazy and obvious, “sack the manager” then it’s all arbitrary hot air.

Must. Do. Better. TWTD.

Why are we inconsistent?

It's pretty clear - Crewe looked more of a 'team' that knew what they were doing and trying to achieve, than we did. We still have a habit of individually and collectively switching off during games. Cook is clearly struggling with identifying his best XI. Cook struggles to adapt to in-game changes by the opposition. Currently when we make subs, it seems to set us backwards and actually causes us issues.

Shall I go on?

Word of warning... on 14:24 - Nov 29 with 1327 viewsHerbivore

Can you tell us the one again about how Cook has got everything right since he came in? Always worth a chuckle.

The above post is utter nonsense by the way. Those clutching at straws are the ones trying to paint midtable in the third division nearly halfway through the season after spending big money in the summer as anything other than a failure.

Word of warning... on 14:24 - Nov 29 with 1317 viewsHerbivore

Must. Do. Better. TWTD.

Lolz.

Word of warning... on 15:07 - Nov 29 with 1228 viewsWallingford_Boy

Word of warning... on 13:42 - Nov 29 by BonneNIL

He's also hated by Watford fans as well to be fair on Bristol City, they just had him longer!

but loved by Oxford.... weird that.

RIP Sir Bobby

Word of warning... on 15:14 - Nov 29 with 1211 viewsIllinoisblue

Must. Do. Better. TWTD.

Is it because the manager’s not very good?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Word of warning... on 15:18 - Nov 29 with 1193 viewsBlueBadger

What exactly about being mid table in the third division for the third season running with probably the largest budget in the division is getting you moist?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Word of warning... on 15:34 - Nov 29 with 1165 viewsChurchman

Well I can really see what the single cell lobotomy brigade at Bristol City are on about. Ashton held them back didn’t he. Premier League in waiting, one of their knuckle draggers described them as. Yeah, right. I can see how they’ve rocketed to their rightful place in the past six months. 18th. Whoopee.

Maybe the problems at that club (Bristol Rovers are Bristol’s real club. Got a great kit too) were not so much Ashton but the owners. So in his six months here what has Ashton done wrong? Well, he hasn’t rebuilt the football ground, replaced the pitch, the PA system or the catering. He only signed 19 players, put in a structure and hasn’t booted Cook out yet and replaced him with Pep. Global warming is still happening and Boris is still stinking out No 10. The shame of it. Boo!

Until our Action Man lookalike does something seriously wrong, I’ll lay off putting the boot in. However, your point is really about whether MA has it in him to recruit somebody decent. An interesting point and a concern. On the upside Pearson made Leicester what they are now - not too shabby and Johnson is with Sunderland many places above us (and hugely unpopular). Only time will tell.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 16:16]
Word of warning... on 15:36 - Nov 29 with 1153 viewsPinewoodblue

Must. Do. Better. TWTD.

While the new owners approved Cook’s appointment he doesn’t have a record that matches the owners ambitions.

Paul Cook is tactically very stubborn, who else would have pushed Evans forward, when he came on as a sub, and kept Fraser in the holding role.

The only ones clutching at straws are those who want to give PC more time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

You constantly try and convince us.... on 15:45 - Nov 29 with 1129 viewsBloots

Must. Do. Better. TWTD.

....that you are some sort of tactical guru who analyses every game in minute detail.

When ultimately you're just a blowhard trying to make yourself look superior through nothing more than blind faith.

Despite appearances there are some intelligent people on this board, people won't fall for your posturing.

(plus I don't think you actually go to games anyway, you wouldn't be so desperate to claim others don't if you did)

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024