Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I quite enjoyed that game despite the result 01:25 - Dec 2 with 1415 viewsbournemouthblue

Arsenal played in a Premiership style, there's clearly some very talented youngsters in that side

But let's be honest Town should have been out of sight before Arsenal fluked their first goal, which came from absolutely no pressure at all. That's as soft a goal as you can concede.

After that they gave it a go and their second had some quality about it, however I thought they were poor and we should have ground them into the dirt

I think under Lambert and Evans, we'd have comfortably lost that tonight, just through sheer ambivalence to the competition.

Our first choice side would surely have anihilated Arsenal but considering that side had had 11 changes made and hadn't necessarily played together all that much, they were bound to be a bit incohesive and so it proved.

The biggest disappointment was the complete lack of going for the jugular when in charge and taking the foot off the pedal when we were, which ultimately led Arsenal to penalties which we then subsequently lost

Some of those Arsenal players will go on to be Premier League regulars, others will fade into obscurity

Why Premier League clubs are in this tournament, really is the puzzler, greed I guess.

Would you take any of those Arsenal youngsters on loan, I'd be tempted to go for the roaming centre back maybe, he could be interesting, not that we need someone with a lack of experience at the back added to this leaky back four?

Adding Premier League youth teams certainly ruins the crowds for the actual League clubs but it was least a chance for our lads to play a different style of opponent tonight

Hopefully Cook has learnt a few things none the less

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 01:35 - Dec 2 with 1383 viewsDavoIPB

Was going to post similar. Ipswich played really good football first half and some much talked about arsenal youth players were not even in the game

I would rather watch our style of play than theirs any day of the week.

Thought our defence was quite poor, Burgess probably the best of them but all the rest had a mistake in them.

Paul cook must be tearing his hair out at the players. Keep making mistakes and some of them just not up to it. I.e. Harper, wolfenden and hladky
I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 01:46 - Dec 2 with 1362 viewsN2_Blue

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 01:35 - Dec 2 by DavoIPB

Was going to post similar. Ipswich played really good football first half and some much talked about arsenal youth players were not even in the game

Thought our defence was quite poor, Burgess probably the best of them but all the rest had a mistake in them.

Paul cook must be tearing his hair out at the players. Keep making mistakes and some of them just not up to it. I.e. Harper, wolfenden and hladky

He signed 2 of those 3 you say are not up to it.
He’s not very good

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 01:48 - Dec 2 with 1364 viewsN2_Blue

Your last line is interesting considering Cook himself said in his post match interview that he’d learnt nothing new.
Bit worrying that - perhaps more fans want to face up to the fact he’s not very good.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 01:50 - Dec 2 with 1363 viewsbournemouthblue

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 01:35 - Dec 2 by DavoIPB

Harper could be brilliant but there is a reason the WBA have shipped him out

The same applies to Edwards who could be the next Wilfried Zaha but there must be a reason West Brom have let him go?

Penny is another rough diamond looks very talented but also completely suicidal at times

We are definitely guilty of having 3 midfielders who don't offer a lot defensively and don't give our remaining 2 midfielders much defensive coverage?

We are very vulnerable when teams counter against us
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 1:51]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 06:15 - Dec 2 with 1194 viewshype313

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 01:50 - Dec 2 by bournemouthblue

Harper could be brilliant but there is a reason the WBA have shipped him out

The same applies to Edwards who could be the next Wilfried Zaha but there must be a reason West Brom have let him go?

Penny is another rough diamond looks very talented but also completely suicidal at times

We are definitely guilty of having 3 midfielders who don't offer a lot defensively and don't give our remaining 2 midfielders much defensive coverage?

We are very vulnerable when teams counter against us
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 1:51]

Have to say Harper has been hugely underwhelming so far, was hoping for more, he really hasnt been great, and no one knows his best position.

Think Edwards coild come good in time, and Whilst Penny has a ricket in him, he's still been reasonably solid, even though we cpuld do with a reinforcement in that position.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 06:56 - Dec 2 with 1142 viewsITFC_Forever

Arsenal looked a typical Prem u-23 side… full of good young boys brought up on pristine pitches and being well-skilled in passing the ball around, but it takes more than that to compete at men’s level, which I guess is why the competition exists in with u-23 sides in it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 07:50 - Dec 2 with 1017 viewsDubtractor

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 06:15 - Dec 2 by hype313

Have to say Harper has been hugely underwhelming so far, was hoping for more, he really hasnt been great, and no one knows his best position.

Think Edwards coild come good in time, and Whilst Penny has a ricket in him, he's still been reasonably solid, even though we cpuld do with a reinforcement in that position.

I recall at the start of the season a few on here crowing about how well we'd done by shipping out Dozzell and bringing in the far superior Harper.

That's aged well hasn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 07:58 - Dec 2 with 976 viewsblueboyd

a positive spin on a loss to Arsenal children in the cup.....
Login to get fewer ads

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 08:20 - Dec 2 with 922 viewsSteve_M

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 07:50 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

I recall at the start of the season a few on here crowing about how well we'd done by shipping out Dozzell and bringing in the far superior Harper.

In Harper's defence, he's played in two very different roles and not had any sort of run in the team since the first month of the season. I'm not sure he was any worse than Evans in those first few matches either. Young players take a while to develop but they need a bit more support around them than this team provides.

See also Penney who, I thought, started the season fairly well and has gradually got less confident and less effective.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 08:23 - Dec 2 with 891 viewsDubtractor

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 08:20 - Dec 2 by Steve_M

In Harper's defence, he's played in two very different roles and not had any sort of run in the team since the first month of the season. I'm not sure he was any worse than Evans in those first few matches either. Young players take a while to develop but they need a bit more support around them than this team provides.

See also Penney who, I thought, started the season fairly well and has gradually got less confident and less effective.

Fwiw, I think there is a player in Harper. I think my comment was more aimed at the fickle nature of football fans.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 08:46 - Dec 2 with 826 viewsSteve_M

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 08:23 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

Fwiw, I think there is a player in Harper. I think my comment was more aimed at the fickle nature of football fans.

Yes, I did realise that too.

I'm bemused how we've gone from a brilliant squad to "Are the players good enough?" in such short order.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 08:55 - Dec 2 with 787 viewshomer_123

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 08:46 - Dec 2 by Steve_M

Yes, I did realise that too.

I'm bemused how we've gone from a brilliant squad to "Are the players good enough?" in such short order.

Utterly bizarre isn't it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 08:55 - Dec 2 with 786 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 01:46 - Dec 2 by N2_Blue

He signed 2 of those 3 you say are not up to it.
He’s not very good

Cook's had one transfer window, and you expected every player to be a hit?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 08:58 - Dec 2 with 765 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The most balanced and least betwetty review I've read on last night so far. Cheers!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 10:57 - Dec 2 with 668 viewsBasuco

Prem U21's are in the tournament because their reserve league is not fit for purpose, they are not competitive games, the EFL need to man up and refuse them entry to a L1 & L2 competition, they have ruined was was a decent cup tournament that I used to enjoy watching, hopefully they will soon get the message that they are not wanted and spoil what was a great tournament to watch.
I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 11:02 - Dec 2 with 656 viewshype313

That was bizarre, especially given 99% of the fanbase had never heard of him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I quite enjoyed that game despite the result on 11:10 - Dec 2 with 625 viewschrismakin

No different to Edwards

We've sent on loan dobra who did everything Edwards does but also assisted. Yet Edwards was erm surely illegal to sign for a league 1 side.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024