Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... 13:16 - Dec 7 with 957 viewsPencilpete

I'd get Tony Pulis

We score goals for fun and we just need someone to organise us and make us more solid defensively - Pulis would do that

Plus i know everyone here thinks he's some kind of Big Mick style boring dinosaur but all my In-laws are Stoke fans and they actually played some decent football once he's established them in the Premiership
This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 13:17 - Dec 7 with 934 viewsJ2BLUE

No thanks

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 13:18 - Dec 7 with 920 viewsHerbivore

Fook off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 13:20 - Dec 7 with 910 viewsclive_baker

Absolutely buzzing to see Matt Penney winding up his long throws for Pigott away at Morecambe.

What a time to be alive.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 13:21 - Dec 7 with 903 viewsIllinoisblue

“Scored” goals for fun. Past tense

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 13:29 - Dec 7 with 872 viewsHerbivore

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 13:21 - Dec 7 by Illinoisblue

“Scored” goals for fun. Past tense

This is also going to be an unpopular shout, but despite our positive goals scored column on other attacking metrics (shots, shots on target, xG) we've been solidly bottom third of the league. And well over a third of our goals came in just three games. We've scored some great goals this season, and that's nice for the fans, however it could also be argued it's indicative of a side that's been converting low percentage chances through individual quality rather than about us being an attacking force. Now we've lost a bit of confidence and one or two have dipped in form the goals have well and truly dried up. Relying on individual quality to score impressive goals isn't really sustainable.

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 13:34 - Dec 7 with 850 viewsPencilpete

I knew it would be an unpopular shout - I think Big Mick has given the majority of fans a negative opinion of this kind of manager and understandably so but we need to see what the team lacks and what it needs - it's defensively unorganised, makes stupid mistakes and generally sloppy at the back

Thats the first thing Pulis would sort out - it doesn't have to be all long balls and throws and it wasn't in his latter time at Stoke. I think he would adapt to what he was inheriting .....
This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 14:02 - Dec 7 with 776 viewsIllinoisblue

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 13:29 - Dec 7 by Herbivore

This is also going to be an unpopular shout, but despite our positive goals scored column on other attacking metrics (shots, shots on target, xG) we've been solidly bottom third of the league. And well over a third of our goals came in just three games. We've scored some great goals this season, and that's nice for the fans, however it could also be argued it's indicative of a side that's been converting low percentage chances through individual quality rather than about us being an attacking force. Now we've lost a bit of confidence and one or two have dipped in form the goals have well and truly dried up. Relying on individual quality to score impressive goals isn't really sustainable.

It’s a very good point. Under Cook, we never seemed to be able to apply consistent pressure on teams. Our lack of intensity saved, as you say, by moments of brilliance from individuals. (Celina v Crewe and Evans pass to set up winner v Fleetwood for two good examples) . And as our recent form proves, clearly not sustainable to rely on such moments.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 14:03 - Dec 7 with 768 viewschicoazul

I can’t downvote this enough.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 14:07 - Dec 7 with 744 viewsN2_Blue

Dear god no! Thankfully it's not your decision to make.

The title of your post is correct, not a lot else is.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 14:07 - Dec 7 with 742 viewsitfcserbia

Yeah we score for fun - when Doncaster have a bad day.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 14:10 - Dec 7 with 728 viewsHerbivore

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 14:03 - Dec 7 by chicoazul

I can’t downvote this enough.

I've up arrowed this as a proxy down vote for the OP.

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 14:16 - Dec 7 with 711 viewsitfcserbia

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 14:10 - Dec 7 by Herbivore

I've up arrowed this as a proxy down vote for the OP.

I proxy over your proxy

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 17:02 - Dec 7 with 619 viewsRyorry

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 14:16 - Dec 7 by itfcserbia

I proxy over your proxy

Happy to treble proxy : )

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 17:09 - Dec 7 with 586 viewsITFC_Forever

No f****** way.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 17:10 - Dec 7 with 579 viewsbilllm

Shoot me now,
This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 17:13 - Dec 7 with 560 viewsIpswichKnight

We need to escape from the Marcus Evans era thinking. Pullis would have been a prime ME appointment.
This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 18:30 - Dec 7 with 470 viewsJimmy86

No thank you! I'd rather SH1T in my hands and clap than ever have Pulis in charge at town...
This is going to be the most unpopular shout EVER but ..... on 18:31 - Dec 7 with 462 viewsDubtractor

Facking hell.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024