Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans 08:49 - Dec 8 with 3774 viewsonceablue

Why the hell did Toto come over to the fans so closely

What did he expect a Christmas card

If I was him after that performance I would have clapped the fans from 20/30 yards away and headed straight down the tunnel and saved my apologising for today

Unfortunately for him he has to take the abuse and walk away. As long as he is criticised for his footballing ability only. He is the one who has decided to put his talent on show in front of thousands of people. Just a small point as well he earns thousands of pounds a week and that aren’t many professions where you can do that but be poor at your job

Let’s face it he is not very good and unfortunately these players tend to suffer more abuse than others at times like this

I am noting saying this is right by the way and I was not involved as I left straight after their second goal

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:53 - Dec 8 with 738 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:01 - Dec 8 by thebooks

Perhaps that would have been wiser, but Toto doesn’t deserve that vitriol. He’s an honest guy who will always talk to fans.

FWIW he made a couple of last ditch interceptions last night

The fact he had to make a 'last ditch interception' would strongly suggest that he and his cohorts were not doing their jobs to an acceptable standard.
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:54 - Dec 8 with 734 viewsBondiBlue

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:51 - Dec 8 by 44_not_out

I made this point in another post….. Toto went looking for a row.

Was the abuse justified? Probably…. It was woeful and the ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ was also fair. Confronting players on the pitch is crossing a line, I agree.

Toto was unprofessional, simple.

Had it have been Norwood, this board would have been in meltdown.

Toto appears to be this ‘nice guy’, and probably is, but that does not change the fact he’s been stealing a living for 3 seasons.

That's nonsense. He and wilson were our best centre back partnership last season. He and edmundson are our best partnership this season.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:54 - Dec 8 with 735 viewstractor_lady

I’m sorry your comment actually makes me as embarrassed to be a town fan as the actual event last night. Arguably he played like he cared unlike others, and do you really think that kind of abuse will help the team improve, absolute idiots the lot of them and you just joined that club.
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:54 - Dec 8 with 729 viewsonceablue

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:46 - Dec 8 by BondiBlue

Unfortunately your argument sounds a lot like the one in which the solution to rape is girls wearing more clothes.

OMG that is such a stupid comparison
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:55 - Dec 8 with 723 viewsFixed_It

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:50 - Dec 8 by onceablue

Don’t understand why you think he would have been a coward if he clapped the fans from 20 yards

So not to be coward you have to get in a heated situation that is never going to end well

You have a strange opinion about what being cowardly is

I was referring to walking straight off which is what some of our players have been criticised for before. Yes - keeping a bit of distance might have been preferable, but at least he was showing that he cared. And I have no idea what was said that sparked a reaction from him - and hopefully neither do you.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:55 - Dec 8 with 713 viewsStokieBlue

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:54 - Dec 8 by onceablue

Whilst it's an extreme example the logic is the same:

1) Someone does nothing wrong
2) Event happens
3) Blame event on the perception that something wrong was actually done in (1)

It's really not a good look. I think perhaps you should step back and have a think about your views here.

SB
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 9:56]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:56 - Dec 8 with 710 viewsBondiBlue

Disagree.

Toto (the girl) won't get raped (abused) if he doesn't come with 30 yards of the crowd (wear skimpy clothing). Surprised you can't see it.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:56 - Dec 8 with 694 viewschicoazul

It really isn’t, as others have explained to you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:58 - Dec 8 with 687 viewsFixed_It

Was the abuse justified? Probably…. It was woeful and the ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ was also fair. Confronting players on the pitch is crossing a line, I agree.

Toto appears to be this ‘nice guy’, and probably is, but that does not change the fact he’s been stealing a living for 3 seasons.

So you're justifying the abuse because you don't like him.
'Stealing a living for three years'.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:59 - Dec 8 with 684 views44_not_out

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:54 - Dec 8 by BondiBlue

That's nonsense. He and wilson were our best centre back partnership last season. He and edmundson are our best partnership this season.

Toto and Wilson CB partnership……. What a time to be alive. I can’t wait to tell my grandkids about it
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:59 - Dec 8 with 685 viewsGuthrum

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:43 - Dec 8 by chicoazul

Unfortunately for him he has to take the abuse and walk away.

Imagine being the kind of person that thinks like this. I have endured loads of stick in here for pointing out exactly what happened last night; certain POC players are held to a different standard by many Ipswich fans.

I really hope nothing of that sort was said to Nsiala. But it concerns me that it might have been, given the present climate. Would certainly give him very good cause to be revved up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:00 - Dec 8 with 680 viewsleitrimblue

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:21 - Dec 8 by onceablue

This isn’t about his ego he is meant to be a professional footballer and is rewarded very handsomely for this

He has to walk away end of

It won’t be long before you have fans fighting all 11 players on the pitch

If you are not the type of person that can take criticism that give up your fantastic lifestyle and rewards and go and do a normal job

Accidentally up arrowed this stupid feck1n comment. How do I get rid of it?
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:03 - Dec 8 with 674 viewschicoazul

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:59 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

I really hope nothing of that sort was said to Nsiala. But it concerns me that it might have been, given the present climate. Would certainly give him very good cause to be revved up.

I’ve seen the same video you have. Why was Toto who is by all accounts a gentle giant soul who does things for kids in Africa, so animated in the face of a load of gacked up morons? We can only wonder.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:05 - Dec 8 with 668 views44_not_out

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:58 - Dec 8 by Fixed_It

So you're justifying the abuse because you don't like him.
'Stealing a living for three years'.

As a player, I don’t rate him. Never have. Charlton allowed him to have the ball all game and put no pressure on him, knowing he would give it away or just pump it up field. Yes he wins headers, but there are loads of guys in the National league doing that week in week out.

Is he nice guy? Yeah, more than prepared to have photo with my daughter when we spotted him out and was very polite and genuine.
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:06 - Dec 8 with 661 viewsonceablue

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:59 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

Totally disagree

Many players have been criticised on here regardless of colour

I personally criticise players who are not very good regardless of colour

Unfortunately Toto falls into this bracket as does Evans, Fraser Hladky

If the incident last night involved any of the above players my post would have been the same
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:08 - Dec 8 with 657 viewsChateauWines

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:18 - Dec 8 by stringy

Toto got way more grief last night than he deserved; he played no worse than most and tbh the fact the poor so and so had to resort to perpetual hoofs from the back is on the others - no one came to him, everyone hid last night - it felt at times that they had 12 players to our 11. Well played Charlton for doing the basics, but our confidence seemed shot and no one wanted the ball.

Some nitwit near me on train last night celebrating that his tweet to Toto that 'he should never wear the shirt again'... seriously? We all know Toto's limitations but the flack he got last night was way out of proportion and ignore the failings of so many others.

I must have been sitting opposite you. I called him out and said perhaps tell him to his face rather than keyboard warrior. Idiot with turkey hat. Says it all

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:11 - Dec 8 with 635 viewsGuthrum

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:06 - Dec 8 by onceablue

Totally disagree

Many players have been criticised on here regardless of colour

I personally criticise players who are not very good regardless of colour

Unfortunately Toto falls into this bracket as does Evans, Fraser Hladky

If the incident last night involved any of the above players my post would have been the same

I'm not saying anything about you (unless you were one of those directly involved), I'm talking about someone having shouted something at him during the altercation. Only takes one idiot, but does immense damage.

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:13 - Dec 8 with 622 viewsGuthrum

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:03 - Dec 8 by chicoazul

I’ve seen the same video you have. Why was Toto who is by all accounts a gentle giant soul who does things for kids in Africa, so animated in the face of a load of gacked up morons? We can only wonder.

That was what concerned me.

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:23 - Dec 8 with 566 viewsstringy

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:08 - Dec 8 by ChateauWines

I must have been sitting opposite you. I called him out and said perhaps tell him to his face rather than keyboard warrior. Idiot with turkey hat. Says it all

yep, that's the one
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:23 - Dec 8 with 566 viewsnoggin

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:19 - Dec 8 by Kieran_Knows

A bit like how he plays, he doesn't think.

Classy. I bet you're perfect at your job.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:24 - Dec 8 with 565 viewsnoggin

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 09:25 - Dec 8 by onceablue

I know but my point is he wouldnt have got that grief if he clapped the fans fron 20/30 yards away as I suggested

If you cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen

Wow.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:26 - Dec 8 with 564 viewsSwailsey

I hate people.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 13:28 - Dec 8 with 424 viewsChateauWines

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 10:23 - Dec 8 by stringy

yep, that's the one

Were you to his right opposite your mate

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 13:44 - Dec 8 with 382 viewsitfc_bucks

I don't know what games you've been watching but I've been watching a limited player, give nothing less than his best for us, despite constant, petty hounding which has included outright, overt racist behaviour on top of the wink-wink, nudge-nudge type comments.

I'm fudging well done with it.

Take a look around, there are other players who will doubtless be on far more, who were far more culpable last night and over the past three years.

Some of our "fans" really need to give their heads a wobble.
Nsiala was stupid coming oVer to Fans on 13:49 - Dec 8 with 358 viewsCoastalblue

No way Toto deserved that last night, he actually put in a shift unlike many of the others.

What sort of a club is this when our own players can't approach our own fans at the end of the game? Shaming.

We all know Toto doesn't have the best distribution, and whoever said Charlton were happy to let him have the ball was right, but when he did have he looked up every time to see a number of static white shirts with no interest in giving him an outlet.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024