Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the 11:27 - Dec 24 with 1590 viewssolemio

traditional annual thread about Yorkshire Puddings has not appeared. Should one have them (or it) with turkey, goose etc or only with beef?
I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:31 - Dec 24 with 1252 viewsclive_baker

Call me a nonconformist but I can't help but feel a Yorkie pud enhances any roast, why limit yourself to only with beef?

I don't eat meat too often but when I do I tend to opt for a roast dinner, and a Yorkie Pud is always appreciated.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:33 - Dec 24 with 1236 viewsMullet

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:31 - Dec 24 by clive_baker

Call me a nonconformist but I can't help but feel a Yorkie pud enhances any roast, why limit yourself to only with beef?

I don't eat meat too often but when I do I tend to opt for a roast dinner, and a Yorkie Pud is always appreciated.

The beef thing I've only heard from Northerners. Apparently it's hardcore Yorkshireists, but the last person to rant at me about it was from Rochdale. So either way, they're wrong (and what's more, they should really be called batter puddings, said in a thick Waveney accent like me old dead Nan had).

I will definitely be having them with my Turkey.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:39 - Dec 24 with 1225 viewsazuremerlangus

Bread sauce is worthy of a thread perhaps?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:43 - Dec 24 with 1206 viewsclive_baker

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:39 - Dec 24 by azuremerlangus

Never had it but looks gross. Why would anyone want sloppy bread as a sauce?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:48 - Dec 24 with 1194 viewsStuartBrett8

I use Mrs Craddocks recipe, mine always look like Fannies

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:50 - Dec 24 with 1164 viewsMullet

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:39 - Dec 24 by azuremerlangus

Have to say, I don't get all the sauce business. People will be putting ketchup and mayo on theirs next.

Surely gravy is in its proper place on a roast and all you need? Even cranberry or mint in the gravy as a flavouring for the right joint I get, but not as an extra.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:50 - Dec 24 with 1163 viewsSWGF

Integral for three reasons; accompaniment to turkey, to dip errant pigs in blankets into during the "plating up" process, Boxing Day sandwiches.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:51 - Dec 24 with 1146 viewsSWGF

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:50 - Dec 24 by Mullet

Have to say, I don't get all the sauce business. People will be putting ketchup and mayo on theirs next.

Surely gravy is in its proper place on a roast and all you need? Even cranberry or mint in the gravy as a flavouring for the right joint I get, but not as an extra.

Not sure why I even needed to check that you'd be on the wrong side of this discussion

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:52 - Dec 24 with 1139 viewsChurchman

Yorkshire pudding goes with any roast dinner. End of. As I said in another thread on this, my grandmother used to make it in a dirty great tray and we had it before the main course with gravy. It was to die for, but meant facing the main course could be a challenge if over doing the YP.

Bread sauce: horrible
Cranberry sauce: tick
Horseradish sauce with fish: tick
Tomato ketchup with many things: tick
Salad cream NOT mayo: tick
I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:56 - Dec 24 with 1117 viewsPinewoodblue

Yorkshire puddings go best with jam, after all it is a pudding.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:56 - Dec 24 with 1117 viewsbrogansnose

My Gran always used to do a large Yorkshire and serve it with gravy - no instant powder stuff either - as a course before the Turkey / Chicken and to the boy Brogan was the best bit of the whole meal. Anyway, we'll be having them on the day, we like them, we want them.

Done.
I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:57 - Dec 24 with 1106 viewsMullet

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:51 - Dec 24 by SWGF

Not sure why I even needed to check that you'd be on the wrong side of this discussion

The ketchup thing wasn't an intentional dig about Essex. Just a lack of class. I'd like to make that known for legal reasons.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:59 - Dec 24 with 1095 viewsIllinoisblue

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:56 - Dec 24 by Pinewoodblue

Yorkshire puddings go best with jam, after all it is a pudding.

Makin levels of lunacy there

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:01 - Dec 24 with 1052 viewsPinewoodblue

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:59 - Dec 24 by Illinoisblue

Don’t knock it until you have tried it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:05 - Dec 24 with 1031 viewsfactual_blue

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:59 - Dec 24 by Illinoisblue

Not unusual at all.

The French dessert Clafoutis is basically a Yorkshire pudding with fruit in.

And pancake batter is also essentially the same mixture.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:06 - Dec 24 with 1025 viewsWestover

My mother always made Yorkshire puddings with self raising flour so that's how I make them they taste so much better IMO.
I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:07 - Dec 24 with 1013 viewsfab_lover

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:56 - Dec 24 by brogansnose

My Gran always used to do a large Yorkshire and serve it with gravy - no instant powder stuff either - as a course before the Turkey / Chicken and to the boy Brogan was the best bit of the whole meal. Anyway, we'll be having them on the day, we like them, we want them.

Done.

Which was of course traditional. Meat used to be a luxury, the point of Yorkshire pudding was to fill you up before the meat course, hence served beforehand.

I used to be "Beef only" but I've seen the light in my old age. Curse anyone who buys instant ones though, FFS it's not hard to make them. Making individual ones rather than a big trayful has also been a revelation.

Bread sauce - of course. Cranberry is also good.

If anyone asked for ketchup or brown sauce whilst eating one of my roasts, it would be the last food of mine they would ever eat.
I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:09 - Dec 24 with 1006 viewsjeera

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 11:51 - Dec 24 by SWGF

Mullet has crushed beef flavoured crisps sprinkled on his roasts.

Makes it 'exotic'.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:09 - Dec 24 with 998 viewsjeera

If only some saddo would do a poll.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:10 - Dec 24 with 988 viewsMullet

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:09 - Dec 24 by jeera

Makes it 'exotic'.

We shall fall out old boy!

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:15 - Dec 24 with 944 viewsjeera

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:10 - Dec 24 by Mullet

We shall fall out old boy!

Don't tell me that didn't make you grin.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:16 - Dec 24 with 940 viewsChurchman

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:09 - Dec 24 by jeera

Makes it 'exotic'.

I would actually try that - not beef of course. The crisps would have to be ready salted.

The misses did grilled chicken wrapped in ham with a coating of crushed crisps years ago and I remember it as rather good.
I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:16 - Dec 24 with 932 viewsVic

We did do a Yorkshire puddings thread a few days ago. The result was overwhelmingly that they should not appear on a Christmas dinner plate.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:17 - Dec 24 with 924 viewsbrogansnose

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:07 - Dec 24 by fab_lover

Which was of course traditional. Meat used to be a luxury, the point of Yorkshire pudding was to fill you up before the meat course, hence served beforehand.

I used to be "Beef only" but I've seen the light in my old age. Curse anyone who buys instant ones though, FFS it's not hard to make them. Making individual ones rather than a big trayful has also been a revelation.

Bread sauce - of course. Cranberry is also good.

If anyone asked for ketchup or brown sauce whilst eating one of my roasts, it would be the last food of mine they would ever eat.

The thing with a Bread sauce is that people have the idea that its some runny slush that takes over the plate whereas a good homemade one is a nice accompaniment and even better with cold leftovers.
I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:21 - Dec 24 with 907 viewsjeera

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the on 12:16 - Dec 24 by Vic

We did do a Yorkshire puddings thread a few days ago. The result was overwhelmingly that they should not appear on a Christmas dinner plate.

Trying to link the sodding poll.

I give up.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 12:25]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024