Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie 08:32 - Dec 31 with 5227 viewsElderGrizzly

Did you receive that text message offering a booster in the last 7 days? Irrespective of whether you had it or not?

Turns out, that meant the Govt ‘hit’ its target of offering everyone a vaccine by the end of December.

Oh and 40% of appointments are no shows…
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 16:22 - Jan 1 with 1475 viewsFreddies_Ears

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 16:16 - Jan 1 by Swansea_Blue

So these texts aren’t bookings then? What do they say? We only get texts here in Wales confirming a reservation at a vaccine centre for a specific day/time. These are supported by an ad campaign in press and media to try to encourage uptake. Our government don’t seem to be as self-centred and target obsessed to the same degree.

The texts in England simply tell you to go get a booster. They are being sent to all active phones by mobile phone companies, I think.

Certainly no link to NHS as we received 3 between 2 of us and we are triple-jabbed.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 17:10 - Jan 1 with 1439 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 16:22 - Jan 1 by Freddies_Ears

The texts in England simply tell you to go get a booster. They are being sent to all active phones by mobile phone companies, I think.

Certainly no link to NHS as we received 3 between 2 of us and we are triple-jabbed.

And that's the thing isn't it?

When the government said all those eligible will be offered a booster the expectation surely was that appointments would be sent out (via the NHS centrally of GP surgeries, etc). What was sent was a reminder to make your own appointment (and regardless of whether you had already had the booster or not).

The word, surely, is disingenuous.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 17:42 - Jan 1 with 1407 viewsTexaco73

The shortened target for boosters was announced in a hurry to get the 10 Downing St 'cheese and wine' parties off the front pages.
It was an unrealistic target but served it's purpose.
'Offering' jabs is disingenuous. The uptake was always going to be difficult given the holiday period and it is typical political spin to claim success and defer blame on the population as the 'opportunity' was there.

This is true enough. The 'opportunity' was available. That is all.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 19:18 - Jan 1 with 1366 viewsjas0999

I am certainly not a Tory supporter. But, I can’t see how anyone can complain or be critical of the vaccine roll out program. It’s been excellent in my opinion. Plenty of negatives for this government but the vaccines are not one of those. Appreciate that view won’t be popular on here though.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 19:27 - Jan 1 with 1356 viewsjeera

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 19:18 - Jan 1 by jas0999

I am certainly not a Tory supporter. But, I can’t see how anyone can complain or be critical of the vaccine roll out program. It’s been excellent in my opinion. Plenty of negatives for this government but the vaccines are not one of those. Appreciate that view won’t be popular on here though.

Do you think you may have missed the OP's point though?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 20:43 - Jan 1 with 1314 viewsSwansea_Blue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 19:18 - Jan 1 by jas0999

I think the reason for the success relative to everything else they’ve done is because it was left mostly or totally to the NHS. When Westminster have got involved, like Johnson’s booster announcement, it comes across as a sh*tshow. He couldn’t even get one simple, critical message correct. All this world-beating chest thumping they keep doing is a load of rubbish too. It’s wrong for starters, but they shouldn’t be using this crisis for point scoring and campaigning to their base.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 20:51 - Jan 1 with 1309 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 17:10 - Jan 1 by You_Bloo_Right

When the government said all those eligible will be offered a booster the expectation surely was that appointments would be sent out (via the NHS centrally of GP surgeries, etc). What was sent was a reminder to make your own appointment (and regardless of whether you had already had the booster or not).

At best this is splitting hairs. If there are sufficient doses available and capacity for appointments at pretty much any time (plenty of no-appointment-necessary walk-in centres are open) and a reminder to get one have all been arranged, it is unfair to say they have not enabled everyone to get the vaccine. Anyone who has not had theirs is either unable to for another reason or unwilling. Unfortunately too many seem to fall into the unwilling category. I do wonder how much vaccine has been wasted by the excess capacity but I would blame that on anti-vax rubbish as much as logistics. It is important that the vaccine is made available to poorer countries too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 20:59 - Jan 1 with 1289 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 17:10 - Jan 1 by You_Bloo_Right

And The Telegraph are starting to turn on the Johnson ‘gamble’

Login to get fewer ads

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:08 - Jan 1 with 1271 viewsjeera

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 20:51 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

At best this is splitting hairs. If there are sufficient doses available and capacity for appointments at pretty much any time (plenty of no-appointment-necessary walk-in centres are open) and a reminder to get one have all been arranged, it is unfair to say they have not enabled everyone to get the vaccine. Anyone who has not had theirs is either unable to for another reason or unwilling. Unfortunately too many seem to fall into the unwilling category. I do wonder how much vaccine has been wasted by the excess capacity but I would blame that on anti-vax rubbish as much as logistics. It is important that the vaccine is made available to poorer countries too.

Actually if I may just interject with a nuance here.

I tried for weeks to book a booster online following a series of 'offers' but there were no places available for me to actually receive one.

My GP surgery was next to useless and it was only finally last week I managed to get one. At the bloomin' surgery as it turned out after them telling me twice they were not participating.

So yes, on one hand it can be said I did receive the thing within the time promised, but heck, nobody made it easy for me.

I also called 119 trying to get some info as instructed by my surgery and they, in turn, told me to call my sodding surgery.

I found communication to be dreadful all round.

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:13 - Jan 1 with 1264 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:08 - Jan 1 by jeera

Actually if I may just interject with a nuance here.

I tried for weeks to book a booster online following a series of 'offers' but there were no places available for me to actually receive one.

My GP surgery was next to useless and it was only finally last week I managed to get one. At the bloomin' surgery as it turned out after them telling me twice they were not participating.

So yes, on one hand it can be said I did receive the thing within the time promised, but heck, nobody made it easy for me.

I also called 119 trying to get some info as instructed by my surgery and they, in turn, told me to call my sodding surgery.

I found communication to be dreadful all round.

That's interesting to hear. I have only heard of experience that has been very straightforward. I am glad you were able to get it and I wonder how many others did have similar difficulty. I would suggest this sounds like logistical difficulties rather than an actual lack of capacity. I still think that the vaccinations have been handled very well by this Government. Albeit in the midst of some terrible handling of the overall situation.

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:23 - Jan 1 with 1245 viewsjeera

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:13 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's interesting to hear. I have only heard of experience that has been very straightforward. I am glad you were able to get it and I wonder how many others did have similar difficulty. I would suggest this sounds like logistical difficulties rather than an actual lack of capacity. I still think that the vaccinations have been handled very well by this Government. Albeit in the midst of some terrible handling of the overall situation.

I don't know if you booked online.

But if you did you will know there's a page where you are told there are X amount of centres/outlets within your vicinity offering the vaccine.

Then there's a list of tick boxes, each indicating different requirements the potential recipient may need.

Tick one of those boxes and all the options disappeared.

Including, but not exclusive to, parking. Including disabled parking.

Work that fecker out. It's really not on.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 21:31]

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:29 - Jan 1 with 1239 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:23 - Jan 1 by jeera

I don't know if you booked online.

But if you did you will know there's a page where you are told there are X amount of centres/outlets within your vicinity offering the vaccine.

Then there's a list of tick boxes, each indicating different requirements the potential recipient may need.

Tick one of those boxes and all the options disappeared.

Including, but not exclusive to, parking. Including disabled parking.

Work that fecker out. It's really not on.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 21:31]

I did. Booked for Dec 21st and found it very straightforward and all was very quick when I got the jab too. Wife booked for this week with no problem but then when capacity was upped changed her booking to Dec 22nd and was able to get it done equally easily at what then became a walk-in centre anyway (she worried she might have ended up being delayed by walk-ins but capacity was such that there were no queues anyway). She also had no problem then cancelling the original appointment.

No idea why the issue you describe happened. Hope it was not widespread.

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:34 - Jan 1 with 1229 viewsjeera

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:29 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

I did. Booked for Dec 21st and found it very straightforward and all was very quick when I got the jab too. Wife booked for this week with no problem but then when capacity was upped changed her booking to Dec 22nd and was able to get it done equally easily at what then became a walk-in centre anyway (she worried she might have ended up being delayed by walk-ins but capacity was such that there were no queues anyway). She also had no problem then cancelling the original appointment.

No idea why the issue you describe happened. Hope it was not widespread.

Clearly my area although I tried two postcodes.

Same result with each that I could get an appointment at either no problem, until I ticked a single box, then nothing.

Like I said, 119 couldn't resolve it either and it was only once my surgery started on the uptake and I spoke to reception I was able to get the thing done.

Seemed like unnecessary hurdles all the way.

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:51 - Jan 1 with 1202 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:13 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Again, to be clear i ‘m not bashing the vaccine rollout. Far from it.

I, along with it seems to be a significant number in the media, appear to be questioning if sending a text using the emergency text protocols and with no details of how to book a test, is really “offering everyone a vaccine”

The Government are claiming openly that this text met that goal/promise

As Jeera and a few others have said, it is disingenuous to say it could be considered that.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 22:10 - Jan 1 with 1187 viewsazuremerlangus

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:51 - Jan 1 by ElderGrizzly

I, along with it seems to be a significant number in the media, appear to be questioning if sending a text using the emergency text protocols and with no details of how to book a test, is really “offering everyone a vaccine”

As Jeera and a few others have said, it is disingenuous to say it could be considered that.

The text was just another way to REMIND people about getting a booster FFS - I can’t believe the amount of fuss over this one text.

As for the booster logistics, for some it has been a bit clunky, but for Pete’s sake what are you expecting - as convenient as ordering delivered pizza?

My 3 jabs all a 30 mile round trip (the nearest option) with limited dates and times, but I’m thankful they all were free, given to me by pleasant staff and all before Xmas. Thank you NHS and well done.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 22:19 - Jan 1 with 1165 viewsjeera

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 22:10 - Jan 1 by azuremerlangus

The text was just another way to REMIND people about getting a booster FFS - I can’t believe the amount of fuss over this one text.

As for the booster logistics, for some it has been a bit clunky, but for Pete’s sake what are you expecting - as convenient as ordering delivered pizza?

My 3 jabs all a 30 mile round trip (the nearest option) with limited dates and times, but I’m thankful they all were free, given to me by pleasant staff and all before Xmas. Thank you NHS and well done.

No one is knocking the NHS. You have got lost in the thread and are missing the point.

The government's propaganda was that everyone would [realistically] be offered the opportunity of the booster before the end of the year. Not a text.

In real terms it was, 1) unrealistic and, 2) big of them because they're not the feckers on the front line doing the work.

Always seeking credit for the efforts of others whilst making these stupid promises.

Have you forgotten how the promise of the availability of test results was made in a similar fashion, whist they hurriedly sent out loads of kits with no realistic chance of the results being processed to meet their deadline, yet counted them anyway.

It's games, and they are supposed to be responsible intelligent people, not fecking children looking for praise and further personal reward.

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 22:37 - Jan 1 with 1148 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 22:10 - Jan 1 by azuremerlangus

They are claiming it was the main reason they met their target. I was simply calling out the spin behind it and the apparent mis-use of said text service.

The success of the actual vaccine programme is entirely different. And very welcomed.

As Jeera says above, this was a repeat of the testing data target.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 22:38]
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 22:49 - Jan 1 with 1124 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 21:51 - Jan 1 by ElderGrizzly

I think the key hinges on whether it is possible to access.

The text itself is simply drawing attention and not the offer itself.

Providing it was feasible for anyone to get the vaccine then they did fulfil the promise.

I could understand the criticism had they deliberately made it difficult to access or had they had no appointments available, long queues or run out of the vaccine at centres.

Either I am continuing to miss something here or you are trying to make an issue of something that doesn't really exist.

Apologies if it is me. I am tired so it easily could be but I just can't see the problem here at the moment.

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 23:09 - Jan 1 with 1103 viewsazuremerlangus

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 22:19 - Jan 1 by jeera

No one is knocking the NHS. You have got lost in the thread and are missing the point.

The government's propaganda was that everyone would [realistically] be offered the opportunity of the booster before the end of the year. Not a text.

In real terms it was, 1) unrealistic and, 2) big of them because they're not the feckers on the front line doing the work.

Always seeking credit for the efforts of others whilst making these stupid promises.

Have you forgotten how the promise of the availability of test results was made in a similar fashion, whist they hurriedly sent out loads of kits with no realistic chance of the results being processed to meet their deadline, yet counted them anyway.

It's games, and they are supposed to be responsible intelligent people, not fecking children looking for praise and further personal reward.

Jeera, I have gone through the thread from start to the latest (yours) - I’m not lost in it nor missing the point. I know no one is knocking the NHS, to say that gives the impression others are missing the point rather than me!

The text was not ‘the offer’ and shouldn’t be interpreted as such - just a reminder like the briefings, public information messages on TV etc.

The original statement declared there would be enough vaccine and appointment capacity to allow all adults to get a booster before the end of the year. I get you point that logistics may have been rubbish to see this through (as per your experience) but, nevertheless I believe that statement turned out to be a truth in the end (difficult as it may be from a Boris government!!). Other promises by this government have been broken - I agree with you on that wholeheartedly.

I cannot speak of others experience but 3 in our household got boosters (eventually) organised, arguably with some unnecessary faffing around but with some patience and tenacity finally got them.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 23:14 - Jan 1 with 1095 viewsZXBlue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 23:09 - Jan 1 by azuremerlangus

Jeera, I have gone through the thread from start to the latest (yours) - I’m not lost in it nor missing the point. I know no one is knocking the NHS, to say that gives the impression others are missing the point rather than me!

The text was not ‘the offer’ and shouldn’t be interpreted as such - just a reminder like the briefings, public information messages on TV etc.

The original statement declared there would be enough vaccine and appointment capacity to allow all adults to get a booster before the end of the year. I get you point that logistics may have been rubbish to see this through (as per your experience) but, nevertheless I believe that statement turned out to be a truth in the end (difficult as it may be from a Boris government!!). Other promises by this government have been broken - I agree with you on that wholeheartedly.

I cannot speak of others experience but 3 in our household got boosters (eventually) organised, arguably with some unnecessary faffing around but with some patience and tenacity finally got them.

We have not been able to get one for my son (who missed the school one because they ran out a third fo the way through the school and didnt bother returning...)

Finally we have been able to sort it. Nearly an hour's drive away.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:11 - Jan 2 with 1004 viewsPinewoodblue

The government set out to offer the opportunity of booking a booster jab. The NHS doesn’t have access to everyone via the NHS App as not everyone has it. There has been more than enough advertising through all media to justify saying that they have achieved their objective,

It really was stupid to suggest that the objective wasn’t met until the mobile phone companies sent out their message.

Incidentally I must have missed this story on news channels or in the press.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 12:49 - Jan 2 with 977 viewsSwansea_Blue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 16:22 - Jan 1 by Freddies_Ears

Cheers. So just an advert. I’m not sure how the government can try and link something like that to targets around being given appointments or the actual jab itself. Nonsense really.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 13:17 - Jan 2 with 973 viewschicoazul

One of the worst things about covid personally is that it has utterly destroyed TWTD discourse and given free rein to the facts don’t care about your feelings crowd.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 13:33 - Jan 2 with 950 viewsZXBlue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 13:17 - Jan 2 by chicoazul

One of the worst things about covid personally is that it has utterly destroyed TWTD discourse and given free rein to the facts don’t care about your feelings crowd.

"the facts dont care about your feelings crowd"? Do you mean people keep objecting to people spouting non factual BS as if it were valid?
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 13:42 - Jan 2 with 933 viewsChurchman

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 22:19 - Jan 1 by jeera

It’s pathetic and you are right. It’s not the NHS, but it is the bungling muppets allegedly running this country. Lies and spin. I think it is yet another illustration as to how wedded the government are to targets. Targets are a good thing. But they should always be a means to an end, not an end in themselves.

The classic was last year’s 100,000 testing target (your last but one paragraph). There they stood, Hancock wearing his usual liars sweat, the pilsbury dough boy next to him, the remains of his dyed hair cheerfully ruffled, patting themselves on the back for achieving their target when in reality they’d done it by posting a load of it out over the previous couple of days. Ta da, we did it, the ‘world class’ idiots proclaimed. Did what exactly? God forbid.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 13:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024