Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie 08:32 - Dec 31 with 5228 viewsElderGrizzly

Did you receive that text message offering a booster in the last 7 days? Irrespective of whether you had it or not?

Turns out, that meant the Govt ‘hit’ its target of offering everyone a vaccine by the end of December.

Oh and 40% of appointments are no shows…
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:56 - Dec 31 with 1160 viewsBlueBadger

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:49 - Dec 31 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps grizzers only considers an offer of a vaccine to be when Sajid Javid personally knocks on your front door with an appointment card.

And of course 40% of no shows are the government’s fault. They should be offering a ministerial car to collect each individual and drive them to their appointment.

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie by BlueBadger 31 Dec 2021 9:49
At absolute best, it's a cynically disneguous stretching of the truth for PR purposes at a time when messaging should be clear and unambiguous.

F**k this government, f**k anyone voting for them, f**k anyone defending their dishonesty, incompetence, corruption and open bigotry.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:59 - Dec 31 with 1150 viewsTractorWood

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:39 - Dec 31 by ElderGrizzly

I’m not sure the NHS or the virus is ‘moving on’

Positive cases have increased hugely and in a few cases hospitalisations are up a bit. There I've saved you 11 graphs.

No graph on deaths because they aren't up yet.

We are basically a few weeks away from knowing how severe Omicron is for deaths.

I think the Gov have it right. We need to get vaccinated and boostered and crack on. I don't think there will be any more restrictions in the short term. If deaths do go up, the finger should rightly be pointed at the unvaxxed if that's what the data continues to imply. Shame for the NHS as they have to do all the heavy lifting.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:03 - Dec 31 with 1136 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:59 - Dec 31 by TractorWood

Positive cases have increased hugely and in a few cases hospitalisations are up a bit. There I've saved you 11 graphs.

No graph on deaths because they aren't up yet.

We are basically a few weeks away from knowing how severe Omicron is for deaths.

I think the Gov have it right. We need to get vaccinated and boostered and crack on. I don't think there will be any more restrictions in the short term. If deaths do go up, the finger should rightly be pointed at the unvaxxed if that's what the data continues to imply. Shame for the NHS as they have to do all the heavy lifting.

“Up a bit” - 20% in 7 days.

And that is without Christmas mixing.

I’m sure Badger will share your view we just need to crack on…

And if anyone is interested, that Twitter thread is a very reasoned debate using official data from actual experts.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 10:04]
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:03 - Dec 31 with 1133 viewsgtsb1966

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:56 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie by BlueBadger 31 Dec 2021 9:49
At absolute best, it's a cynically disneguous stretching of the truth for PR purposes at a time when messaging should be clear and unambiguous.

F**k this government, f**k anyone voting for them, f**k anyone defending their dishonesty, incompetence, corruption and open bigotry.

I can't stand this awful government but will say the one thing they have got superbly right is the vaccination program. Nobody can beat them with a stick for that.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:03 - Dec 31 with 1137 viewsxrayspecs

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:52 - Dec 31 by ElderGrizzly

As I said above, it is the arrogance and focus on this element that was troubling.

I work fairly high up within Central Govt, so very much appreciate how the comms angle works here and the mis-use opportunities it can give them.

I completely agree the vaccine rollout has been a success for an already over stretched NHS and for once the Govt didn’t need to stoop to their old smoke and mirror tricks

So you work in central government and post misleading and slanted posts about government performance?

I think the irony meter may have just broken.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:03 - Dec 31 with 1133 viewsBlue_Heath

Not sticking up for the govt but cleverly worded target that could not fail. Effectively people have been offered it, availability and take up though doesn't back this up. More worrying is the figures hitting almost 200k and no test kits available omicron will be monstrous next week following tonight/tomorrow. Just for further info I received a text weeks after I'd already had a booster!
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:07 - Dec 31 with 1121 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:03 - Dec 31 by xrayspecs

So you work in central government and post misleading and slanted posts about government performance?

No, I post rationale behind why they might have done it when they didn’t even need to.

It’s not slanted at all.

Expectation vs reality of minister spin Govt policy is all i’ve tried to highlight
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:08 - Dec 31 with 1114 viewslowhouseblue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:03 - Dec 31 by xrayspecs

hmmm, as long as it's just the irony meter that's being broken i guess.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:08 - Dec 31 with 1114 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:03 - Dec 31 by gtsb1966

I can't stand this awful government but will say the one thing they have got superbly right is the vaccination program. Nobody can beat them with a stick for that.

And this thread is not bashing the work the NHS has done.

It is very much aimed at Govt spin and how that is being abused for their own ego
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:15 - Dec 31 with 1111 viewsxrayspecs

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:07 - Dec 31 by ElderGrizzly

No, I post rationale behind why they might have done it when they didn’t even need to.

It’s not slanted at all.

Expectation vs reality of minister spin Govt policy is all i’ve tried to highlight

So are you still standing by this in your OP then?

Oh and 40% of appointments are no shows…

when the BBC is reporting the following:

"encouraging" to see so many people coming forward for a booster jab, but it had heard from some vaccination centres that as many of 40% of booked appointments were resulting in no-shows.

This could be because people had gone to walk-in centres instead, or contracted Covid and could not attend."

Up to 40% in some centres is not the same as 40% of appointments are no shows, is it?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 10:17]
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:43 - Dec 31 with 1061 viewsEly_Blue

You know why there are so many no shows for booster appointments? The anti vaxxers are booking slots just to stop people being able to get a jab! That’s a fact

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/19/anti-vaxxers-block-book-appointments

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:55 - Dec 31 with 1041 viewsazuremerlangus

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:43 - Dec 31 by Ely_Blue

You know why there are so many no shows for booster appointments? The anti vaxxers are booking slots just to stop people being able to get a jab! That’s a fact

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/19/anti-vaxxers-block-book-appointments

If true what a bizarre thing to do?

I very reluctantly accept that some adults are going to be against it but to try and prevent others is barmy at best. Should be a law against preventing/blocking medical treatment?

The price of freedom I suppose…

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 11:00 - Dec 31 with 1031 viewsGlasgowBlue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:56 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

When there is so much to hammer this incompetent shower of sh1t for, Grizzers is in danger of overkill.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 11:13 - Dec 31 with 1011 viewsbrazil1982

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:53 - Dec 31 by ElderGrizzly

Well yes. It was a PR stunt.

GB’s post above is back to normal childish party line whataboutism

You both hate the Tories, we get it, you repeat it here enough.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 11:21 - Dec 31 with 988 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

40pc no-shows is pretty shocking!

Are the Govt/NHS expecting a similar take up of boosters to the initial jabs?

Purely anecdotal, but I know quite a few double jabbed people who have no intention of getting the booster (at least not any time soon).
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 11:33 - Dec 31 with 958 viewsGlasgowBlue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 10:08 - Dec 31 by ElderGrizzly

And this thread is not bashing the work the NHS has done.

It is very much aimed at Govt spin and how that is being abused for their own ego

You claim that knocking the fantastic work being done by health workers and all of their support staff with the booster roll out is really criticism of the government, but the data doesn't lie.

The UK is way ahead of most countries with it's booster roll out.

As for your jibe that I'm back to childish party lines; Firstly, it shows that you are pretty rattled to the response you have got from this thread, and secondly, this government is a sh1t show. But your constant over-reach is actually counterproductive and is exactly what the likes of Johnson and co want.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 11:35]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 11:45 - Dec 31 with 926 viewsPinewoodblue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 11:21 - Dec 31 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Purely anecdotal, but I know quite a few double jabbed people who have no intention of getting the booster (at least not any time soon).

No shows have been a big problem within the NHS for years. Not just at GP surgeries but in outpatients. You even get people not turning up for surgery.

I had text messages offering booster, booking via the app, and a few days later from local Surgery. I know of people who had texts the other way round. Local surgery offering a date three weeks ahead . When central issued text received choice of venue and slots available next day if prepared to travel a little further. Very selfish of people to not cancel bookings when they make alternative arrangements.

Not however the fault of Government but a perennial problem throughout the NHS.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 12:06 - Dec 31 with 907 viewsGeomorph

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:53 - Dec 31 by ElderGrizzly

Well yes. It was a PR stunt.

GB’s post above is back to normal childish party line whataboutism

It’s like town reminding fans that we are playing and then claiming their 30k capacity has been achieved week on week… complete PR bullsh1t from this sack of sh1t ‘government’
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 12:36 - Dec 31 with 860 viewslongtimefan

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 11:45 - Dec 31 by Pinewoodblue

No shows have been a big problem within the NHS for years. Not just at GP surgeries but in outpatients. You even get people not turning up for surgery.

I had text messages offering booster, booking via the app, and a few days later from local Surgery. I know of people who had texts the other way round. Local surgery offering a date three weeks ahead . When central issued text received choice of venue and slots available next day if prepared to travel a little further. Very selfish of people to not cancel bookings when they make alternative arrangements.

Not however the fault of Government but a perennial problem throughout the NHS.

I’m wondering if some of this “missed appointments” issue is really an IT problem. My 20 year old son booked his booster when they cut the gap from 2nd jab to 3 months. He got all the way through the process up to putting in mobile number and email for confirmation, only for the site to crash. He did this 3 times before giving up that day and then succeeding the following day. Each time he tried to book, the time slot he had tried to previously book was not available. He was never really sure if he had booked 1 slot or 4. He did try and follow this up and was told the initial appointments would be nulled but he said he wasn’t particularly convinced.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 13:09 - Dec 31 with 807 viewsbrazil1982

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 12:06 - Dec 31 by Geomorph

It’s like town reminding fans that we are playing and then claiming their 30k capacity has been achieved week on week… complete PR bullsh1t from this sack of sh1t ‘government’

It's like selling 30k tickets but 25k turning up. Attendance will be recorded as 30k.
Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 13:44 - Dec 31 with 756 viewsCheltenham_Blue

All very pointless in any case. It really doesn't matter how many jabs you 'offer' its the take up that makes the difference, and there's precious little any govt, can do about that.

I trust that everyone here has had all three jabs. We're at a stage of the pandemic where infections means absolutely nothing, it provides no data with the exception of the transmission of the infection.

Far more important now is hospitalisation and deaths, and the vast majority of hospitalisations, (and deaths), are still coming from unvaccinated individuals.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 18:25 - Dec 31 with 671 viewsEly_Blue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 11:21 - Dec 31 by SuperKieranMcKenna

As I stated earlier the anti vaxxer brigade have been booking up vaccine slots and then not showing up

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 18:39 - Dec 31 with 652 viewsJ2BLUE

As much as I enjoy taking aim at the Tories the real shocker here is 40% of people don't turn up. That is a disgrace.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 15:04 - Jan 1 with 582 viewsBlueBadger

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 11:13 - Dec 31 by brazil1982

You both hate the Tories, we get it, you repeat it here enough.

You like open bigotry, corruption and incompetence, we get it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 16:16 - Jan 1 with 528 viewsSwansea_Blue

Govt claiming it has hit it’s booster target - another Tory lie on 09:55 - Dec 31 by ElderGrizzly

They are completely different.

This was a ‘spam’ text effectively sent to 42 million people.

The booking ones are targeted by your local practice
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 9:58]

So these texts aren’t bookings then? What do they say? We only get texts here in Wales confirming a reservation at a vaccine centre for a specific day/time. These are supported by an ad campaign in press and media to try to encourage uptake. Our government don’t seem to be as self-centred and target obsessed to the same degree.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024