Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Bannan 11:44 - Jan 26 with 2024 viewsFixed_It

Need to stop him from dictating play on Saturday. Probably just the sort of situation where we would want Morsy in there.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Barry Bannan on 11:53 - Jan 26 with 1579 viewsMillsTash

Agreed - need to hit him early. Similar to Pritchard when we played Sunderland. Man mark and get physical.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 11:55]
Barry Bannan on 11:55 - Jan 26 with 1558 viewstextbackup

think the bristol city lad will be tasked with keeping him quiet

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Barry Bannan on 12:03 - Jan 26 with 1507 viewsArnieM

Lol we’ve got no one in the squad capable of doing that now Morsy is out.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Barry Bannan on 12:06 - Jan 26 with 1491 viewshomer_123

Barry Bannan on 12:03 - Jan 26 by ArnieM

Lol we’ve got no one in the squad capable of doing that now Morsy is out.

You seem to be on a bit of downer/ negative spree at the moment ArnieM - I'm not suggesting we get carried away with a very decent start from our new manager - any reason you are not a little more positive?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Barry Bannan on 12:33 - Jan 26 with 1386 viewsitfcsuth

Can't see it happening.

Don't think we'll lay a glove on Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Barry Bannan on 12:44 - Jan 26 with 1335 viewsBarcaBlue

Barry Bannan on 12:33 - Jan 26 by itfcsuth

Can't see it happening.

Don't really get this negativity. We've just won 4 out of 5, Wednesday aren't showing great form and don't see why we shouldn't go into the match full of confidence.

No need to go overboard either way but I'd guess they aren't looking forward to facing us right now. Think we'll get a draw and that's fine, get a win and we're in a very good place
Barry Bannan on 12:49 - Jan 26 with 1301 viewsitfcsuth

Barry Bannan on 12:44 - Jan 26 by BarcaBlue

Don't really get this negativity. We've just won 4 out of 5, Wednesday aren't showing great form and don't see why we shouldn't go into the match full of confidence.

No need to go overboard either way but I'd guess they aren't looking forward to facing us right now. Think we'll get a draw and that's fine, get a win and we're in a very good place

It's not being negative, just a dose of reality from a personal opinion.

We've picked up 4 wins, but without facing real real quality yet.

We are missing two important cogs to the midfield, and ultimately don't have the level of replacement you'd want, especially going away to Hillsborough.

We've still shown fragilities in the last 5 games, notably away at Bolton, and again during a 15 minute spell at Wimbeldon.

I'll still be watching Saturday nervous as ever, praying for a Town win, but I won't be surprised if we fall short Saturday - we are still developing, and still a little way away from where we want to be.
Barry Bannan on 12:55 - Jan 26 with 1275 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just saw their injury list from 2 weeks ago, some very important players in that. Hopefully some still out this week.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Barry Bannan on 12:57 - Jan 26 with 1230 viewsjayessess

Barry Bannan on 12:49 - Jan 26 by itfcsuth

We are missing two important cogs to the midfield, and ultimately don't have the level of replacement you'd want, especially going away to Hillsborough.

We've still shown fragilities in the last 5 games, notably away at Bolton, and again during a 15 minute spell at Wimbeldon.

I'll still be watching Saturday nervous as ever, praying for a Town win, but I won't be surprised if we fall short Saturday - we are still developing, and still a little way away from where we want to be.

They've lost 3 of their last 5, including a 5-0 and a loss to Shrewsbury.

I think it's hard to argue that Wycombe, the 4th best team in the league, aren't, relatively speaking, real real quality.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Barry Bannan on 12:58 - Jan 26 with 1228 viewsitfcsuth

Barry Bannan on 12:55 - Jan 26 by FrimleyBlue

Just saw their injury list from 2 weeks ago, some very important players in that. Hopefully some still out this week.

Looking at their squad from Oxford game, it still looks very strong, right through their bench as well.

Looks as though they will be bringing in Harlee Dean ahead of the game on Saturday as well.
Barry Bannan on 12:58 - Jan 26 with 1222 viewsBramidan

But look at the form table,
Yes Morsey a big loss but it is a team game.
I have faith in our new manager to have the technical knowledge to cope.
To be fair us Ipswich fans always look on the negative side!
Biggest compliment “ spooze uss arwight if yoo like that sorta thing”
Barry Bannan on 13:01 - Jan 26 with 1178 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Wycombe are 4th so would say they have quality. Sheff Wed arent in best form either, we played better than them in the first fixture and were lucky not to win it right at the death
Barry Bannan on 13:02 - Jan 26 with 1173 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Barry Bannan on 12:58 - Jan 26 by itfcsuth

Looking at their squad from Oxford game, it still looks very strong, right through their bench as well.

Looks as though they will be bringing in Harlee Dean ahead of the game on Saturday as well.

We have so much strength as well, just look at our bench last night! Celina, Pigott, Chaplin and Edwards. They will probably be saying the same about us
Barry Bannan on 13:14 - Jan 26 with 1104 viewsbackwaywhen

Barry Bannan on 12:33 - Jan 26 by itfcsuth

Can't see it happening.

Wrong , watch this space , Wednesday are no better than us and Bannon is not the player he once was .
1-0 Town .
Barry Bannan on 13:16 - Jan 26 with 1093 viewsfranz_tyson

I think Morsy is crucial to us, but if we all get all panicked because he’s missing then we don’t deserve to be challenging for promotion. There still seems to be a feeling that we need everything to go in our direction with referee decisions, injuries, etc that we can win matches. Other teams get players suspended and have injuries and they have to call upon under 23 kids. With a budget like ours, if we can’t deal with it then we only ourselves to blame.
The way Morsy plays, he was always likely to miss games through suspension - just a pity it’s a four-gamer.
Barry Bannan on 13:22 - Jan 26 with 1040 viewsitfcsuth

Barry Bannan on 13:01 - Jan 26 by abracaDOBRA_

Wycombe are 4th so would say they have quality. Sheff Wed arent in best form either, we played better than them in the first fixture and were lucky not to win it right at the death

Wycombe are incredibly effective, but I don't look at their squad and think it's full of quality.
Barry Bannan on 13:24 - Jan 26 with 1024 viewsitfcsuth

Barry Bannan on 12:57 - Jan 26 by jayessess

They've lost 3 of their last 5, including a 5-0 and a loss to Shrewsbury.

I think it's hard to argue that Wycombe, the 4th best team in the league, aren't, relatively speaking, real real quality.

Edit - misread prior post.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 13:56]
Barry Bannan on 13:25 - Jan 26 with 1014 viewsitfcsuth

Barry Bannan on 13:02 - Jan 26 by abracaDOBRA_

We have so much strength as well, just look at our bench last night! Celina, Pigott, Chaplin and Edwards. They will probably be saying the same about us

We have a lot of depth from an attacking perspective.

But we have lost 2 important cogs in central midfield and don't have anywhere close to replacing there quality, so we are possibly a little unbalanced in terms of strength in depth.
Barry Bannan on 13:25 - Jan 26 with 1008 viewsitfcsuth

Barry Bannan on 13:14 - Jan 26 by backwaywhen

Wrong , watch this space , Wednesday are no better than us and Bannon is not the player he once was .
1-0 Town .

I certainly hope you are right, make no mistake about it.
Barry Bannan on 13:34 - Jan 26 with 961 viewsSitfcB

Barry Bannan on 12:58 - Jan 26 by itfcsuth

Yep now confirmed.

I always think CB’s can be dodgy on their debut for a club haha hopefully he will play and have a shocker.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Barry Bannan on 13:34 - Jan 26 with 954 viewsSuperblue95

Barry Bannan on 13:24 - Jan 26 by itfcsuth

Edit - misread prior post.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 13:56]

Read their post again

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Barry Bannan on 13:35 - Jan 26 with 946 viewsBluroo

I expect we'll find it easier to play the teams that are less physical than Stanley and Wycombe, even if they have more quality.

Also its not essential that we beat Sheff Wed. As long as our current form maintains, we can afford to lose a few and we'll still be in the POs in May. Another 12 wins from 18 will take us to 75 points. Thats 3 wins below our current form, allowing for 6 defeats.
Barry Bannan on 13:46 - Jan 26 with 895 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Barry Bannan on 13:35 - Jan 26 by Bluroo

I expect we'll find it easier to play the teams that are less physical than Stanley and Wycombe, even if they have more quality.

Also its not essential that we beat Sheff Wed. As long as our current form maintains, we can afford to lose a few and we'll still be in the POs in May. Another 12 wins from 18 will take us to 75 points. Thats 3 wins below our current form, allowing for 6 defeats.

This. Hopefully we’ll be able to play some football against them. It’s exciting that under McKenna we’ve been able to win in style AND grind out results.
Barry Bannan on 13:56 - Jan 26 with 859 viewsitfcsuth

Barry Bannan on 13:34 - Jan 26 by Superblue95

Read their post again

Apologises - will edit.
Barry Bannan on 13:58 - Jan 26 with 828 viewsBlueBadger

Barry Bannan on 11:55 - Jan 26 by textbackup

think the bristol city lad will be tasked with keeping him quiet

I know Ashton has a lot of influence but I don't think we should be handing him a midfield place.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024