Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Towns wages 08:16 - Jan 27 with 3866 viewsManchesterblue

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/ipswich-town/

Celina £21k,

Towns wages on 08:43 - Jan 27 with 3259 viewsGuthrum

From whence do they get such apparently precise figures? Given, one would think, they are confidential and privy to club, agent and player (plus HMRC) alone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Towns wages on 08:44 - Jan 27 with 3240 viewstractorboy1978

Made up nonsense.
Towns wages on 08:45 - Jan 27 with 3228 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Towns wages on 08:43 - Jan 27 by Guthrum

From whence do they get such apparently precise figures? Given, one would think, they are confidential and privy to club, agent and player (plus HMRC) alone.

Bristol City supporters obviously!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Towns wages on 08:46 - Jan 27 with 3221 viewshype313

Celina probably is on £21k, but the majority is being paid by Dijon.

To be fair, he's worth it, he's mustard.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Towns wages on 09:02 - Jan 27 with 3089 viewsElderGrizzly

It won't be anywhere near that total figure.

Our wages need to be no more than 60% of our revenue unless the owners make up the difference. And Ashton so far has said they won't be doing so.
Towns wages on 09:05 - Jan 27 with 3057 viewsBiGDonnie

Seems realistic enough to me.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Towns wages on 09:07 - Jan 27 with 3035 viewsSouperJim

Towns wages on 08:46 - Jan 27 by hype313

Yes, but is he more useful than 7 Donaciens?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Towns wages on 09:08 - Jan 27 with 3030 viewsLeoMuff

Towns wages on 08:46 - Jan 27 by hype313

Great player but not worth that for me, compared to say Burns or Aluko, Edmundson. Must be the or one of the highest paid in the league if true and he has been nowhere near that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Towns wages on 09:13 - Jan 27 with 2985 viewsHighgateBlue

Towns wages on 08:43 - Jan 27 by Guthrum

From the same place that tells them that Swindon is a League One team, doubtless...
Towns wages on 09:20 - Jan 27 with 2923 viewsHighgateBlue

I wonder whether there's anyone who seriously thinks that Wycombe are paying Stockdale £1m per annum. That's the same Wycombe that get an average attendance of 5,558. Is this some kid's hobby website?

It does seem likely that we are one of the very highest paying teams in the division, given that we have the third highest average attendance, and new investment from a group which has indicated very strongly that the size of their investment is going to be very substantial. We may even have the highest wage bill in the division. All of which serves to highlight the under-performance relative to financial power over the last 2.5 seasons, and especially the first half of this season.

But a £9.4m annual wage bill and over 50% more than Sunderland? I think not.
Towns wages on 09:22 - Jan 27 with 2907 viewsWilbrahamBlue

At bottom.

*Sources - Press releases, news & articles, online encyclopedias & databases, industry experts & insiders. We find the information so you don't have to!

lol
Towns wages on 09:26 - Jan 27 with 2851 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Celina might be on 21k at Dijon but I can't believe we're paying all of it

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Towns wages on 09:28 - Jan 27 with 2837 viewsSaigonTractor

Source: Just trust us
Towns wages on 09:31 - Jan 27 with 2808 viewsMookamoo

So if Pigott and Fraser do move on, we have £15,700 per week to spend on someone new. Is that how it works?
Towns wages on 09:49 - Jan 27 with 2688 viewstractorboy1978

Towns wages on 09:02 - Jan 27 by ElderGrizzly

Our wages need to be no more than 60% of our revenue unless the owners make up the difference. And Ashton so far has said they won't be doing so.

Whilst they are clearly finger in the air figures, I think you'd be surprised the level of wages we are paying and in totality that is far from unreasonable.

Our revenue was £10.6m year end June 2020 (excluding transfers fees in), and that was under Evans. Year end June 2022 will be a fair bit higher than that I'd imagine given the new wave of optimism, Ed sponsorship etc. Then you can put the transfer fees received on top of that (depending how structured and accounted for) before you calculate the 60% we can spend without extra cash from the owners.
Towns wages on 10:21 - Jan 27 with 2473 viewsElderGrizzly

Towns wages on 09:49 - Jan 27 by tractorboy1978

Whilst they are clearly finger in the air figures, I think you'd be surprised the level of wages we are paying and in totality that is far from unreasonable.

Our revenue was £10.6m year end June 2020 (excluding transfers fees in), and that was under Evans. Year end June 2022 will be a fair bit higher than that I'd imagine given the new wave of optimism, Ed sponsorship etc. Then you can put the transfer fees received on top of that (depending how structured and accounted for) before you calculate the 60% we can spend without extra cash from the owners.

I know it depends how much you trust Ashton etc, but I can't see how we are having an income of £15m+ to get anywhere near the 60% limit. Our income should be up, but not by that amount.

So either the club are throwing money at it (highly likely in reality) or those figures are out.

Of course our wages by comparison in the Championship were creeping towards £19m.

Whichever way you look at it, someone is losing money somewhere.
Towns wages on 10:31 - Jan 27 with 2393 viewsblueoxford

Towns wages on 10:21 - Jan 27 by ElderGrizzly

I know it depends how much you trust Ashton etc, but I can't see how we are having an income of £15m+ to get anywhere near the 60% limit. Our income should be up, but not by that amount.

So either the club are throwing money at it (highly likely in reality) or those figures are out.

Of course our wages by comparison in the Championship were creeping towards £19m.

Whichever way you look at it, someone is losing money somewhere.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the training HQ dressing room when the players are reading out these figures….
Towns wages on 10:46 - Jan 27 with 2278 viewsclive_baker

Source: Football Manager

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Towns wages on 10:54 - Jan 27 with 2218 viewsclive_baker

Towns wages on 09:49 - Jan 27 by tractorboy1978

If we're including inbound transfer fees in revenue (I believe they can be from an FFP perspective, albeit not from a statutory accounting perspective), then do the rules dictate that outgoing fees must be included in the 60% cost calculations. Or is that salaries only? Would feel a little short sighted if its the latter.

FWIW I agree that at a total level players wages will be £8m - £9m I would say. if we assume inbound and outbound fees net off (perhaps optimistic), then we would need other revenues of £14m. Can't see it without a bit of an injection from the owners, but we're getting good attendances and shirt sales did well etc so I would imagine we'll be looking at £12m+ pre the injection.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Towns wages on 10:59 - Jan 27 with 2184 viewsDarth_Koont

Towns wages on 09:02 - Jan 27 by ElderGrizzly

Although that goes against what people said at the beginning of the season. Namely that we can’t afford to pay for this squad in League One and need to go up straightaway.

The answer is probably somewhere in between. I don’t really believe the squad is sustainable as Ashton says nor do I believe it’s sh1t or bust.

And of course I don’t give these particular wage figures any credence at all.

Pronouns: He/Him

Towns wages on 11:03 - Jan 27 with 2159 viewsSuperfrans

Does anyone give any kind of credence to surveys like this? How would anyone (outside of the individual players) actually know? It seems like complete guesswork to me.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Towns wages on 11:08 - Jan 27 with 2136 viewssuffolkpoker

Burns needs a new contract!! only 5 bags..

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Towns wages on 11:12 - Jan 27 with 2116 viewsnoggin

Over here, everyone's tax report is made public every year, which includes all earnings. It really doesn't bother me that anyone can check how much I earned and how much tax I paid.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Towns wages on 12:03 - Jan 27 with 1918 viewsMillsTash

Dylan Crowe - £45k a year. Astounding what a half decent agent can get hyped up young players.
Towns wages on 13:11 - Jan 27 with 1616 viewslongtimefan

Towns wages on 11:12 - Jan 27 by noggin

Over here, everyone's tax report is made public every year, which includes all earnings. It really doesn't bother me that anyone can check how much I earned and how much tax I paid.

Have you ever had the email telling you someone has queried your return?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024