Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely 21:32 - Jan 31 with 2678 viewsitfcsuth

GK:
Walton
Hladky

RWB/RB:
Burns
Vincent-Young

CB:
Donacien
Woolfenden
Edmundson
Burgess

LWB/LB:
Thompson (LOAN)
Penney

CM:
Morsy
Evans
Bakinson (LOAN)
Carroll
El Mizouni

RF:
Chaplin
Aluko

LF:
Celina (LOAN)
Edwards
Jackson

ST:
Bonne
Norwood
Pigott

A lot better balance right now. Not as bloated, a core group of players, and should try and maintain them levels of numbers in the squad.
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:34 - Jan 31 with 2403 viewswkj

If / When playoffs are beyond reach, I hope we get to see a cameo from the likes of Baggott. I'd feel much better knowing we have another first team capable CB on the books.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 21:36]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:41 - Jan 31 with 2287 viewsitfcsuth

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:34 - Jan 31 by wkj

If / When playoffs are beyond reach, I hope we get to see a cameo from the likes of Baggott. I'd feel much better knowing we have another first team capable CB on the books.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 21:36]

I think you are right. It’s hard to know how far away he really is.

I think the same could be said for Albie Armin who from what I’ve seen of him at youth level is a talented boy.
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:46 - Jan 31 with 2229 viewsWicklowBlue

We look very light in the RWB space, Burns has been one of our standout players if anything happens to him think we're going to struggle. Not sure what has happened to KVY but he has struggled all season for me.

Is Jackson a LF???? Kinda expected him to be on the out list today...maybe McK feels he can use his pace and craft him into an impact player.
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:46 - Jan 31 with 2226 viewswkj

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:41 - Jan 31 by itfcsuth

I think you are right. It’s hard to know how far away he really is.

I think the same could be said for Albie Armin who from what I’ve seen of him at youth level is a talented boy.

I would think Bagott playing international mens footie (even if it is for a low ranked team) might give him a few lessons in senior football. It will be interesting to see how our striker situation plays out next season too. As it stands, Pigott is the only one contracted beyond this season.

Crybaby

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:47 - Jan 31 with 2208 viewswkj

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:46 - Jan 31 by WicklowBlue

We look very light in the RWB space, Burns has been one of our standout players if anything happens to him think we're going to struggle. Not sure what has happened to KVY but he has struggled all season for me.

Is Jackson a LF???? Kinda expected him to be on the out list today...maybe McK feels he can use his pace and craft him into an impact player.

If Burns went injured I would say Donacien would be the next strongest, but then that leaves a big burgess sized question mark in CB.

Crybaby

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:50 - Jan 31 with 2162 viewsitfcsuth

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:46 - Jan 31 by WicklowBlue

I don’t think you’ll find an understudy to the same level as Burns who is happy to remain on the bench. KVY and Donacien are alternatives.

I only put Jackson in at LF due to that has where he has played under KM so far - clearly has versatility to play in a front 2 as well.

Although don’t suspect he’ll be involved too much between now and the end of the season.
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:51 - Jan 31 with 2154 viewsWicklowBlue

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:47 - Jan 31 by wkj

If Burns went injured I would say Donacien would be the next strongest, but then that leaves a big burgess sized question mark in CB.

Good call, I agree WKJ. Wouldn't that necessitate a change in formation tho? Or maybe McK is thinking of a different strategy?
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:52 - Jan 31 with 2132 viewsitfcsuth

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:46 - Jan 31 by wkj

I would think Bagott playing international mens footie (even if it is for a low ranked team) might give him a few lessons in senior football. It will be interesting to see how our striker situation plays out next season too. As it stands, Pigott is the only one contracted beyond this season.

I agree - the importance of men’s football to young professionals and the lessons it gives can’t be underestimated, regardless of the level.

It’s interesting the ST role, because I could easily see all of the current strikers, not being here beyond next summer inc. Pigott.
Login to get fewer ads

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:59 - Jan 31 with 2073 viewsParky

Out of all the positions, I think we’ve made ourselves quite weak in central midfield.

Evans and Carroll are both injury prone, El Mizouni isn’t ready yet according to McKenna and the verdict is still out on Bakinson (didn’t he also get injured at the end on Saturday too)?
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 22:05 - Jan 31 with 1996 viewsWicklowBlue

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:59 - Jan 31 by Parky

Out of all the positions, I think we’ve made ourselves quite weak in central midfield.

Evans and Carroll are both injury prone, El Mizouni isn’t ready yet according to McKenna and the verdict is still out on Bakinson (didn’t he also get injured at the end on Saturday too)?

All I'd add to this is while the verdict is still out on Bakinson, he's going to need some games to get up to speed. As posted somewhere on here he likes playing passes through the lines up to the front players.

He went down with cramp at the weekend which again indicates he's still trying to get up to speed. As you say the jury is still out, let's see how he gets on, McK clearly likes him.
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 22:12 - Jan 31 with 1955 viewsWicklowBlue

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:52 - Jan 31 by itfcsuth

I agree - the importance of men’s football to young professionals and the lessons it gives can’t be underestimated, regardless of the level.

It’s interesting the ST role, because I could easily see all of the current strikers, not being here beyond next summer inc. Pigott.

Am I being naïve but if Tyreece doesn't get loaned out in the next 52mins we could see him on the bench? Offers something different than we have today, direct physical threat....

I'm obviously not, but if I was McK I'd be interested in giving him some minutes. Despite contract stuff, trigger the year extension and let McK put an arm around him.
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 22:28 - Jan 31 with 1854 viewsScuzzer

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:47 - Jan 31 by wkj

Are we forgetting the KVY is actually a right sided player. Should he not be the natural replacement?

Established 1968

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 22:34 - Jan 31 with 1801 viewsWicklowBlue

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 22:28 - Jan 31 by Scuzzer

Are we forgetting the KVY is actually a right sided player. Should he not be the natural replacement?

Think WKJ was replying to my post...
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely by WicklowBlue 31 Jan 2022 21:46

Yes KVY should be the understudy but for whatever reason he hasn't seemed to get going this year.
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 22:47 - Jan 31 with 1738 viewswkj

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 22:28 - Jan 31 by Scuzzer

I'm not forgetting that at all, just going on the logic that Donacien has done better on the right than KVY has this season.

Crybaby

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 22:50 - Jan 31 with 1712 viewsitfcsuth

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 22:12 - Jan 31 by WicklowBlue

Am I being naïve but if Tyreece doesn't get loaned out in the next 52mins we could see him on the bench? Offers something different than we have today, direct physical threat....

I'm obviously not, but if I was McK I'd be interested in giving him some minutes. Despite contract stuff, trigger the year extension and let McK put an arm around him.

I think there is a possibility of that - however the way it seems right now we are a little bit of of that.

I think the day he signs a new longer term deal here he comes in to the fold - until then I think he remains out of the picture - regardless of his 1 year trigger option.
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 05:24 - Feb 1 with 1500 viewsChrisd

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 21:59 - Jan 31 by Parky

CM has always been an issue since August, we’ve had the numbers but simply not strong or effective enough in there.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 5:50]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:16 - Feb 1 with 1247 viewsKeaneish

Why is this squad trimming being celebrated by all? We went to Hillsborough on Saturday and had a very lightweight, inexperienced midfield up against a very experienced Bannan and we noticeably struggled all game to create anything.

That's 3 pts dropped largely because of a lack of squad depth...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:26 - Feb 1 with 1208 viewsitfcjoe

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:16 - Feb 1 by Keaneish

Why is this squad trimming being celebrated by all? We went to Hillsborough on Saturday and had a very lightweight, inexperienced midfield up against a very experienced Bannan and we noticeably struggled all game to create anything.

That's 3 pts dropped largely because of a lack of squad depth...

It's hard for any team to have enough depth to cover their 3 first choice central midfielders not playing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:31 - Feb 1 with 1180 viewsKeaneish

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:26 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

It's hard for any team to have enough depth to cover their 3 first choice central midfielders not playing

...but we shouldn't be in a position where we're relying on youth in such a pivotal game. That to me says the balance isn't right. Even if you take just Morsy and Evans out, that central midfield is suspect with just Carroll, Bakinson and El Miz.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:42 - Feb 1 with 1128 viewsChrisd

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:31 - Feb 1 by Keaneish

...but we shouldn't be in a position where we're relying on youth in such a pivotal game. That to me says the balance isn't right. Even if you take just Morsy and Evans out, that central midfield is suspect with just Carroll, Bakinson and El Miz.

Bakinson still needs time to show his full potential, but Carroll isn’t the answer for us in there and even KM has said he feels El Miz isn’t ready yet. If we lose Morsy or Evans or both then our engine room is really exposed. It’s been a problem area since the very first game of the season.

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:43 - Feb 1 with 1127 viewstractorboy1978

It's laughable that people expect a L1 side to have an equally capable back up for a solid Championship player on over £10k a week just sitting on the bench for emergencies.
Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:46 - Feb 1 with 1067 viewsChrisd

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:26 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

Not sure we’ve ever had the right options in the first place in CM to be brutally honest, we look too soft in the centre of the park. Morsy for me is a definite starter, the other spot in CM and the supporting roles are very much up for grabs.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 9:21]

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 08:47 - Feb 1 with 1049 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think we can class Idris as youth though, especially in League 1. He's a full international with 50 senior games under his belt and is 21 - we went to Wimbledon last week and they have teenagers with a couple of sub appearances under their belt

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 09:06 - Feb 1 with 972 viewschicoazul

Idris isn’t a youth anymore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Squad now. Trimmed down nicely on 09:13 - Feb 1 with 949 viewsclive_baker

Once the loans are taken out of the equatiion there's only a handful to make decisions on in the summer really. Norwood, Aluko. Kenlock, Holy, Carroll and Jackson are out of contract so I wouldn't be surprised of 4 or 5 of that group go. It's only really Aluko and Norwood that might get another year.

Contracted players it's really Hladky, Burgess and Pigott most likely to move on I would say, unless we got offered decent money for someone.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024