Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harper going out on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… 04:42 - Feb 1 with 1630 viewsKieran_Knows

… when all we’ve done is bring in a centre mid of another club on loan. Yes I suspect Bakinson will sign permanently in the summer, but what on earth must Harper be thinking? 12 months ago getting games in the Prem, now he’s at a bottom 3 League 1 side.

Now I know people will say ‘but he’s done nothing in a Town shirt yet’, but he’s a young lad who Town invested decent money in last summer (£250k if reports were true) and whilst he was very rough around the edges when he first was in the team, he’s OUR player who we should be developing, not some 23 year old lad from Bristol who, albeit early days and rusty due to being stuck straight in the team - doesn’t look any better than Harper.

But still, as everything is still shiny and new with the ownership and Ashton, we can’t have a word said against them, but this is a very poor move from the club IMO.

[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 8:53]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 04:54 - Feb 1 with 1597 viewsFrimleyBlue

Its not going to get any better imo. The recruitment model we are falling under is all bout money. Money for players. Money for agents. Money for mates. Bakinson is without doubt the most obvious agent purchase ever made, 0 need for him at all. None. Zip.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 05:08 - Feb 1 with 1573 viewsitfctilidie

The way I see it, Harper isn’t considered a first team starter at the minute and he would benefit from playing first team football. We have signed a central midfielder who can cover for Harper’s place in the squad whilst also we get to check out Bakinson to see whether we want him next season and whilst Harper is getting regular first team football At this level to aide his development which will hopefully benefit us long term as well.

The fact Rochdale and Crewe were scrapping for Harper also suggests Harper is currently at that level.
Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 07:26 - Feb 1 with 1333 viewsitfcjoe

It’s a very frustrating move and something we’ve done too many times in the past - and often when the individual moves can be justified but when you look at the bigger picture looks wrong

Harper has a 3 year deal, was a few hundred thousand in the summer, and we should be able to find room for him in a trimmed down squad - is Bakinson really a better bet? If he is, is it by enough to justify this move?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 07:27 - Feb 1 with 1320 viewsSteve_M

It seems logical to get him some game time which he won't have much of here as things stand. That's a reasonable part of his development given we signed far too many midfielders last Summer. I would be disappointed if he were leaving the club but the loan doesn't mean that will be the case.

I think it's clear that neither Harper and Pigott hardly got any game time after they were replaced in the starting line up, coming in for the odd cup game after that is more difficult.

I thought Bakinson has been ok, thought it was more tiredness that showed in the second half on Saturday because his passing wasn't that sloppy at Wimbledon or earlier in that game.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 07:59 - Feb 1 with 1217 viewsChurchman

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 04:54 - Feb 1 by FrimleyBlue

Its not going to get any better imo. The recruitment model we are falling under is all bout money. Money for players. Money for agents. Money for mates. Bakinson is without doubt the most obvious agent purchase ever made, 0 need for him at all. None. Zip.

Believe it or not, when you buy players it tends to involve money. Which ‘mates’ have benefitted, because what you seem to be implying is that deals were done for the benefit of Ashton and his friends rather than the football club? If so, what’s your evidence? Are you saying that no player who has ever had any connection with a manager or club official should be signed?

This recruitment model we are falling under. Last summer’s was Cook’s idiotic bomb squad omnishambles and the failure was largely his. It’s what he wanted. As his biggest fan at the time would you have had no players signed in the summer or do you think Cook should have done the signing and running around? Bar he or Ashton there wasn’t anyone else. How would you have gone about it?

Back to your ‘money for mates’ statement, which mates have benefitted from the signing of Walton, the best keeper we’ve had in years? If Harper is just what we need, how is it he’s not on loan at a better club than Crewe? How come nobody better than Charlton came in for Fraser who McKenna clearly isn’t sure about? Do you not think he’d have played instead of rushing Bakinson in if he was the answer or are you saying Ashton picks the team?

The reality is that some of the summer recruitment mud stuck to the wall, some didn’t. 50% success rate (Mills view on our squad) is about normal. After last years chaos and an oversized squad, a bit of shifting out was a good thing. Notably not one of the first team has gone - just squad members.

Without any evidence you just appear to be trotting out your Bristol City follower line re Ashton topped up with an irrational dislike for McKenna.
Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:05 - Feb 1 with 1174 viewsBiGDonnie

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 04:54 - Feb 1 by FrimleyBlue

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:09 - Feb 1 with 1153 viewsFrimleyBlue

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 07:59 - Feb 1 by Churchman

Believe it or not, when you buy players it tends to involve money. Which ‘mates’ have benefitted, because what you seem to be implying is that deals were done for the benefit of Ashton and his friends rather than the football club? If so, what’s your evidence? Are you saying that no player who has ever had any connection with a manager or club official should be signed?

This recruitment model we are falling under. Last summer’s was Cook’s idiotic bomb squad omnishambles and the failure was largely his. It’s what he wanted. As his biggest fan at the time would you have had no players signed in the summer or do you think Cook should have done the signing and running around? Bar he or Ashton there wasn’t anyone else. How would you have gone about it?

Back to your ‘money for mates’ statement, which mates have benefitted from the signing of Walton, the best keeper we’ve had in years? If Harper is just what we need, how is it he’s not on loan at a better club than Crewe? How come nobody better than Charlton came in for Fraser who McKenna clearly isn’t sure about? Do you not think he’d have played instead of rushing Bakinson in if he was the answer or are you saying Ashton picks the team?

The reality is that some of the summer recruitment mud stuck to the wall, some didn’t. 50% success rate (Mills view on our squad) is about normal. After last years chaos and an oversized squad, a bit of shifting out was a good thing. Notably not one of the first team has gone - just squad members.

Without any evidence you just appear to be trotting out your Bristol City follower line re Ashton topped up with an irrational dislike for McKenna.

Irrational dislike. Can you provide evidence of this or are you referring to 1 comment made regarding 1 first impression.

And regarding finances etc. Again it's not about me providing evidence. It's OK for you to have your beliefs. I'll have mine. All this bristol city follower business is tedious. There's more online about previous spending other than a Bristol poster who hasn't even posted about it either.

Anyway. Can't be bothered to go through another 10 pages of being asked for evidence over an opinion so you carry on. Just a shame Wigan get their chairman and leam with well thought out purchases. And we get what we get.

But you enjoy it. The footballs great or something.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:11 - Feb 1 with 1134 viewsghostofescobar

Erm, correct, that's how every club operates, just with varying amounts of money.

GhostOfEscobar

Login to get fewer ads

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:11 - Feb 1 with 1132 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 07:26 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

It’s a very frustrating move and something we’ve done too many times in the past - and often when the individual moves can be justified but when you look at the bigger picture looks wrong

Harper has a 3 year deal, was a few hundred thousand in the summer, and we should be able to find room for him in a trimmed down squad - is Bakinson really a better bet? If he is, is it by enough to justify this move?

Early observations suggest not.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:25 - Feb 1 with 1041 viewsGarv

If Bakinson signs as you suspect he will, won't he also then be OUR player who we should be developing?

Might be way out here but I would hazard a guess and say McKenna and co. rate Bakinson more, hence he's playing and Harper's at Crewe.

It's a bit rubbish that's he needs a loan and makes a mockery of our summer business in a way, but at the same time we always knew Cook wanted Morsy and when that happened, Harper was a bit stuffed.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:27 - Feb 1 with 1009 viewsGarv

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:11 - Feb 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Early observations suggest not.

Early being the operative word.

Remember when the ignorant thought Aluko was a rubbish signing?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:29 - Feb 1 with 992 viewsZXBlue

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:25 - Feb 1 by Garv

If Bakinson signs as you suspect he will, won't he also then be OUR player who we should be developing?

Might be way out here but I would hazard a guess and say McKenna and co. rate Bakinson more, hence he's playing and Harper's at Crewe.

It's a bit rubbish that's he needs a loan and makes a mockery of our summer business in a way, but at the same time we always knew Cook wanted Morsy and when that happened, Harper was a bit stuffed.

A lot of ridiculous un supported speculative comment driven by agendas in this thread.

Harper has done nothing so far. He has not been up to the task and now has an opportunity to play himself into form and gain experience with a view to making himself part of the club's plans. Its not a difficult concept.
Isn’t Bakinson being lined up for a summer inbound move? on 08:31 - Feb 1 with 976 viewsunstableblue

And also isn’t he much deeper player than Harper? Will be interesting to see what position he plays on loan.

I think giving Harper game time is essential and in two games time Bakinson will be on the bench as Evans and Morsy return for most of the remaining games I would hope.

I think we all need to see a much better performance from him against The Gills… he has done some OK things and he can be quite tidy on the ball, but needs to be more.

I think El Miz was better against Weds, after a wobbly start. He was certainly trying to make things happen more than Bakinson.

But overall not yet convinced by Bakinson, and a loan move may be good for Harper in the long run.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:34 - Feb 1 with 959 viewsZx1988

I've said it before and I'll say it again, some folks on this board just love themselves a libel.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Harper going put on loan still doesn’t sit right with me… on 08:36 - Feb 1 with 939 viewschicoazul

Absolutely agree.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024