Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why has Bonne stopped scoring? 19:33 - Feb 2 with 3220 viewsC_Jam_Blue

I have not been to a game this season so can only judge from videos so I am interested to hear from those who go regularly to games. Is he off the boil, a crisis of confidence, is it that we are creating less chances for him, a combination of all these? He just seems like a different player at the moment and I can't see us maintaining a promotion push unless he starts being prolific again.
Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 19:36 - Feb 2 with 2575 viewsMattinLondon

Most strikers go through a bad spells - but we don’t create changes on a regular basis and we play far too slowly. Plus, for a lot of games he’s been upfront by himself.

Play quicker, get the ball into the box and working alongside Norwood he should get more changed falling his way.
Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 19:37 - Feb 2 with 2565 viewsFrimleyBlue

Can't say he's had many chances over the last handful of games. Nothings fallen for him. Quite a few of his goals early on, Burns put on a plate, but he's struggled to even get the ball into the box let alone across goal. ( shouldn't of course forget Burns scoring goals himself tho)

I also have the opinion that rightfully he's been asked to watch across the line more, his offside figures are alot better. But I do wonder of this has made him slightly easier to mark. He's also working with different partners or no partners again so building partnerships isn't easy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 19:47 - Feb 2 with 2504 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure how, if you don't go to games, you can say "He just seems like a different player at the moment".

It is a team game and it is about us winning. We are better off not relying on one player scoring all our goals. We need to win matches regardless of who is scoring. As long as we get enough goals we will be fine.

That said, for any "promotion push" (the play-offs is the best we can hope for and would require top of the table form for the rest of the season), it would be helpful if one of our strikers was scoring regularly, be that Bonne, Pigott, Norwood or someone else.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 19:50 - Feb 2 with 2486 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree with the others. He doesn’t appear to be getting any chances or even much of the ball at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:08 - Feb 2 with 2411 viewsKeaneish

A lot of the time he’s completely isolated and any service into him is normally in the air or in a channel he has to chase down. While it can be argued his movement is allowing good pockets of space for others, it’s a thankless lonely task and a waste of his talent.

Under Cook we were getting in behind sides and giving Bonne service from deep pockets we’d exploited. We’ve progressively stopped doing that. Our only outlet on Saturday were a few balls in behind for Burns to chase. Accrington wasn’t a great deal better either. I can’t comment on Wimbledon but I’m guessing from looking at the way the game panned out it was much the same.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:24 - Feb 2 with 2325 viewsKeno

He's had an alien abduction and they have transposed him and Priskin so that we now have Bonne's body but Prisons finishing ability

Its obvious really

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:30 - Feb 2 with 2300 viewsDJR

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 19:50 - Feb 2 by Swansea_Blue

Agree with the others. He doesn’t appear to be getting any chances or even much of the ball at all.

One thing he hasn't had for a long time is a decent cross. We are often reluctant to cross, and when we do, the person crossing rarely looks up. In this connection, it was interesting to hear the Blue Monday interview with George Burley, who said he spent loads of time after training practising his crossing, with the result that it became second nature for him to put the ball on Paul Mariner's head. If a player as good as Burley needs to put in that amount of practice, our players (who are not on the same level) should be doing the same.
Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:31 - Feb 2 with 2290 viewsThe_Realist_09

Pretty sure his conversion rate is up there with Ross Stewart's but we're not creating as many chances for Bonne. He's had much less attempts on goal I think.

He does an awful lot of hard work for the team, but he does lack a little quality in his touch and finishing sometimes. Although that is probably harsh at this level.
Login to get fewer ads

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:32 - Feb 2 with 2281 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:30 - Feb 2 by DJR

One thing he hasn't had for a long time is a decent cross. We are often reluctant to cross, and when we do, the person crossing rarely looks up. In this connection, it was interesting to hear the Blue Monday interview with George Burley, who said he spent loads of time after training practising his crossing, with the result that it became second nature for him to put the ball on Paul Mariner's head. If a player as good as Burley needs to put in that amount of practice, our players (who are not on the same level) should be doing the same.

Itfc analytics is great to follow on twitter. Shows our attempted pass rates into the area and its disturbingly low.
When people say why don't the likes of Pigott get more time etc. It's pretty pointless with our crossing abilities. Same with Bonne and Norwood they opportunities, we just aren't getting them enough.

Waka waka eh eh

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:47 - Feb 2 with 2216 viewsStrimmer

It definitely felt to me like we weren’t getting to the byline nearly as much now and not crossing enough generally. Glad to see that’s backed up in other replies/stats. Well not pleased, but you know. I’m not going mad at least

Poll: Was it a punch?

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:51 - Feb 2 with 2191 viewsKeaneish

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:32 - Feb 2 by FrimleyBlue

Itfc analytics is great to follow on twitter. Shows our attempted pass rates into the area and its disturbingly low.
When people say why don't the likes of Pigott get more time etc. It's pretty pointless with our crossing abilities. Same with Bonne and Norwood they opportunities, we just aren't getting them enough.

It’s definitely a concern. Wycombe we countered a lot or played long balls. Gillingham we tore them apart but had very few attempts on target, we just happened to be clinical with what we did create. Accrington was a grind and Sheff Wed a game of nothing. I can’t comment on Bolton or Wimbledon but from what i know, equally toothless for long spells.

With all those attacking options you’d have thought creativity wouldn’t be an issue. Still, for the lack of cutting edge in the final third, we’ve yielded 12pts. It’ll be interesting to see how Feb pans out as we have a slew of games that should be formalities.

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:54 - Feb 2 with 2176 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:51 - Feb 2 by Keaneish

It’s definitely a concern. Wycombe we countered a lot or played long balls. Gillingham we tore them apart but had very few attempts on target, we just happened to be clinical with what we did create. Accrington was a grind and Sheff Wed a game of nothing. I can’t comment on Bolton or Wimbledon but from what i know, equally toothless for long spells.

With all those attacking options you’d have thought creativity wouldn’t be an issue. Still, for the lack of cutting edge in the final third, we’ve yielded 12pts. It’ll be interesting to see how Feb pans out as we have a slew of games that should be formalities.

I re watched the sheff wed highlights earlier after seeing the analytics tweets and on the highlights alone. Sheff wed got over 7 balls into our box, that's just in the highlights.
How they failed to score more will really annoy their manager but they certainly created the chances.

Waka waka eh eh

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 21:03 - Feb 2 with 2130 viewsArnieM

Is he getting the service ? I’m not sure he is.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 21:16 - Feb 2 with 2083 viewsipswichtillidie

He will be offside !!!

Gav

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 21:55 - Feb 2 with 1968 viewsKeaneish

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 20:54 - Feb 2 by FrimleyBlue

I re watched the sheff wed highlights earlier after seeing the analytics tweets and on the highlights alone. Sheff wed got over 7 balls into our box, that's just in the highlights.
How they failed to score more will really annoy their manager but they certainly created the chances.

I was listening to a lot of the Wednesday fans on the way out who were unanimously agreeing it was an easy day for them and they should have had three.

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:00 - Feb 2 with 1935 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Given how s**t our defence is we are flattered by having lost at Sheffield Wed by the smallest margin.

But our defence is much better since we have let Nsiala go isn't it?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 22:04]
Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:04 - Feb 2 with 1912 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:00 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Given how s**t our defence is we are flattered by having lost at Sheffield Wed by the smallest margin.

I don't see any issues with the back 3 tbh there just isn't any support on the flanks. Burns was off the boil and wasn't getting back. Johnson gave so much room for the crosses on the other side. ( first game so fair enough) but if we are going to stick with the 3 and the 3 cbs are going to be as advanced as they are and take risks.. we need the wingbacks to really be alert and supportive when we lost that ball.

Waka waka eh eh

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:09 - Feb 2 with 1882 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:04 - Feb 2 by FrimleyBlue

I don't see any issues with the back 3 tbh there just isn't any support on the flanks. Burns was off the boil and wasn't getting back. Johnson gave so much room for the crosses on the other side. ( first game so fair enough) but if we are going to stick with the 3 and the 3 cbs are going to be as advanced as they are and take risks.. we need the wingbacks to really be alert and supportive when we lost that ball.

'Burns was off the boil'......and he wasn't arsed the track back the opponent. Imagine the meltdown on here if it had been Nsiala instead of Burns.

Edmundson made a mistake. Don't blame him at all. It happens. But imagine the TWTD's meltdown if it had been Nsiala.

Our defence is so much better nowadays isn't it?
Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:10 - Feb 2 with 1875 viewsGarv

He's one that may be sad to see Fraser go.

We saw those two combine for a great goal at home to MK Dons where Fraser curled in a good ball from that left channel, but never really saw the same combination again.

He doesn't really get service from Celina, which is criminal, and Chaplin is more of a second striker than a provider. Looks generally better when he's got Norwood in and around him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:16 - Feb 2 with 1834 viewsGarv

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:09 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

'Burns was off the boil'......and he wasn't arsed the track back the opponent. Imagine the meltdown on here if it had been Nsiala instead of Burns.

Edmundson made a mistake. Don't blame him at all. It happens. But imagine the TWTD's meltdown if it had been Nsiala.

Difference being you trust Edmundson to try that because 8/10 times it comes off. If it's Nsiala, it's more like 2/10.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:17 - Feb 2 with 1824 viewsFightingEssex

We’ve adopted a more conservative approach post-Cook so the opportunity to score is limited compared to before, however while we were scoring for fun earlier this season we couldn’t defend our leads and the end result is four years of League One.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:19 - Feb 2 with 1814 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:09 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

I've said similar regarding Toto when he was alongside Edmundson...but Toto wouldn't have made any difference. And there's no point comparing Toto to Burns when they play a different position. And I have seen people commenting on burns yes.

I was a Toto fan. But he wouldn't work with this KM set up, he's never been a ball playing cb and all 3 of our cbs are required to take the ball forward. Yes it's risky, but with Toto it would be setting him up to fail yet with the others it's more natural. Toto is in the best place for him now. Where he can just be what he is a no nonsense cb.

Waka waka eh eh

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:26 - Feb 2 with 1770 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:00 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Did you notice he got dropped on Saturday?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 22:30 - Feb 2 with 1749 viewsTheBlueGnu

Easy answer - he plays for Ipswich.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Why has Bonne stopped scoring? on 23:01 - Feb 2 with 1682 viewsDavoIPB

He is offside everytime the ball goes forward. He doesn't make particularly good runs and doesn't get in front of his marker when ball played into box. His touch is awful and he doesn't hold the ball up to allow others to join in the attack.

Also service has been rubbish. He also had so many chances at the begining of the season and scored very few. His conversion rate was awful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024