Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien 09:07 - Feb 7 with 4774 viewsblueball1

Great up turn in form but he needs replacing, he’s done a great job but he’s not good enough on the ball at all. We play him the ball and he runs 5 yards forward and turns around and passes it back. I’d like to see the fridge on the right and Burgess on the right. It’s just an opinion of mine
Donacien on 09:09 - Feb 7 with 3670 viewsJon_456

You want to drop Donacien because he's not good enough on the ball but want to replace him with Burgess who isnt good on the ball?
Donacien on 09:09 - Feb 7 with 3665 viewsLeoMuff

Harsh, for league 1 in this formation he is great, been involved in plenty of attacks on that side and very good defensively

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Donacien on 09:11 - Feb 7 with 3625 viewsblueball1

Donacien on 09:09 - Feb 7 by Jon_456

You want to drop Donacien because he's not good enough on the ball but want to replace him with Burgess who isnt good on the ball?

I couldn’t believe we didn’t bring on burgess Saturday to mark their big centre forward who won everything.
Donacien on 09:13 - Feb 7 with 3594 viewshoppy

You don’t think that would make the right side a bit unbalanced, with the fridge and burgess there?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Donacien on 09:17 - Feb 7 with 3544 viewsblueball1

Donacien on 09:13 - Feb 7 by hoppy

You don’t think that would make the right side a bit unbalanced, with the fridge and burgess there?

I’d play fridge on the right as he’s right footed and burgess on the left as he’s left footed. The fridge has looked very shaky, so maybe that change would make him more comfortable
Donacien on 09:17 - Feb 7 with 3547 viewsGeoffSentence

He is our second highest assist provider, which is pretty good for someone not good enough on the ball.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Donacien on 09:18 - Feb 7 with 3536 viewshoppy

Donacien on 09:17 - Feb 7 by blueball1

I’d play fridge on the right as he’s right footed and burgess on the left as he’s left footed. The fridge has looked very shaky, so maybe that change would make him more comfortable

Ah, so you didn’t mean what you’d originally said then?!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Donacien on 09:22 - Feb 7 with 3502 viewsGuthrum

Is he passing it back from choice, or because there is nobody free ahead of him and two defenders in his face?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien on 09:22 - Feb 7 with 3504 viewsN2_Blue

Don't agree at all.

When we've been at our best it's often because Donacien has been good attacking and making overlaps and getting forward. He can't be expected to always do that, some teams will identify the threat and deal with it and he will have to knock it back sometimes. You cannot always move it forward if an option is not on. There are plenty more players in our team with more natural ability on the ball that should be offering more than picking out Donacien for this.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Donacien on 09:24 - Feb 7 with 3481 viewsblueislander

That is a strange opinion. Donacien has contributed a lot going forwards, and has a good partnership with Burns. The cushioned volleyed cross for Celina’s last Minute winner against Crewe was exquisite;
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 9:25]
Donacien on 09:24 - Feb 7 with 3466 viewsblueball1

Donacien on 09:18 - Feb 7 by hoppy

I’m sure you knew what I meant. Happy to argue if that makes your Monday morning better
Donacien on 09:26 - Feb 7 with 3431 viewsblueball1

Donacien on 09:22 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

Is he passing it back from choice, or because there is nobody free ahead of him and two defenders in his face?

Yes that could be the truth. I just feel when he gets the ball his first thought is to turn back but that’s better than giving it away I guess
Donacien on 09:27 - Feb 7 with 3413 viewsblueball1

Donacien on 09:17 - Feb 7 by GeoffSentence

He is our second highest assist provider, which is pretty good for someone not good enough on the ball.

Didn’t know that stat at all, maybe I’m expecting to much for a league one defender.
Donacien on 09:30 - Feb 7 with 3375 viewsKeno

Donacien on 09:24 - Feb 7 by blueislander

That is a strange opinion. Donacien has contributed a lot going forwards, and has a good partnership with Burns. The cushioned volleyed cross for Celina’s last Minute winner against Crewe was exquisite;
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 9:25]

you may mean Fleetwood not Crewe

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Donacien on 09:32 - Feb 7 with 3365 viewsKeno

Donacien on 09:18 - Feb 7 by hoppy

maybe ne just fancies they all singing "we're on the right side"

or a new club anthem "always look on the right side of life"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Donacien on 09:34 - Feb 7 with 3355 viewsGuthrum

Donacien on 09:22 - Feb 7 by N2_Blue

Don't agree at all.

When we've been at our best it's often because Donacien has been good attacking and making overlaps and getting forward. He can't be expected to always do that, some teams will identify the threat and deal with it and he will have to knock it back sometimes. You cannot always move it forward if an option is not on. There are plenty more players in our team with more natural ability on the ball that should be offering more than picking out Donacien for this.

Some people seem to forget there's another team on the pitch, organised with an understanding of the way we play (having watched videos) and very likely set up to deliberately frustrate, isolate and nullify our most threatening players.

Quite a lot of those teams, those lower in the division, will see Ipswich (especially at PR) as a fixture where tough resistance might earn them a point, maybe three with a fortunate breakaway goal. They're setting out to defend, primarily, giving away possession in order to pack the final third of the pitch. We can free flow all we like, but there isn't a way through ten men and a well-timed offside trap.

Premier League teams, with all their skilled players, often find it hard to break down setups like that in cup fixtures.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Donacien on 09:46 - Feb 7 with 3295 viewsitfcjoe

He gives us a nice balance and the ability to switch between 3 at the back and 4 at the back very fluidly in game

He's not perfect, but is doing a good enough job for us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Donacien on 09:46 - Feb 7 with 3281 viewsFixed_It

Good morning Mrs Burgess. How are you?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Donacien on 10:00 - Feb 7 with 3129 viewsDJR

Donacien on 09:17 - Feb 7 by GeoffSentence

According to the BBC website he is equal top with 4 assists, alongside Morsy and Celina. He also rarely gives the ball away in an attacking position, unlike quite a few of our other players. He's also not bad on chances created, with 12 alongside Morsy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/top-scorers/assists
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 10:07]
Donacien on 10:10 - Feb 7 with 3059 viewsGlasgowBlue

You silly sod.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Donacien on 10:15 - Feb 7 with 3006 viewsDubtractor

It's a hard disagree from me.

I think Janoi has found his perfect position there, and Burgess is one of the least cultured players I have seen in a town shirt.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Donacien on 12:22 - Feb 7 with 2749 viewsEdwardF

Your post is simply absurd

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Donacien on 12:28 - Feb 7 with 2713 viewsgordon

Think the only change to the backline we should be considering is whether Woolfenden would be better as the left centre half and Edmundson in the centre. With Burns out, KVY will hopefully come in at right wingback. I'd also consider Penney or even Edwards at left wing-back, haven't been impressed by Thompson at all at wing-back.
Donacien on 15:55 - Feb 7 with 2474 viewsArnieM

OP: what games do you watch ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Donacien on 15:57 - Feb 7 with 2460 viewsblueball1

Donacien on 15:55 - Feb 7 by ArnieM

OP: what games do you watch ?

Season ticket holder lower sir Alf
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024