Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you want? 21:55 - Feb 8 with 3553 viewsbluejacko

A good performance and losing or getting the job done not playing well?
Because reading some of the comments it seems some would prefer to lose!
The moon on a stick? (n/t) on 21:58 - Feb 8 with 1824 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What do you want? on 21:58 - Feb 8 with 1819 viewsjayessess

We also played well. Away game against a team that beat the team in 3rd in their last game, no chances conceded, enough created to win the game twice over. That's fine by me.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What do you want? on 21:59 - Feb 8 with 1791 viewsJDB23

This league is about getting results and getting over the line, very few teams are great to watch week in week out. Yes, some of the performances recently could have been better but I don't think we really could have expected a better points return from McKenna's first 8 games.

Still think we may have left ourselves too much to do but if we can get 3 points on Saturday then that will start to sway me.
What do you want? on 22:04 - Feb 8 with 1734 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'll take ugly wins all day long if we then manage to win the games that matter.

We lost the sheff wed game.

Absolutely win games like tonight, but there's no real pattern to our play and constant wrong decisions from players that concerns me for these big games where the right decisions are crucial.

How many times for example did celina have a chance to go down the left of the pen area. Or tuck in and shoot but he passed backwards instead. These little things concern me.

So yes. Win these games. That's the minimum we all want.
But we need to see if we can go an win sat because if we lose sat all these ugly wins are for nothing and it's we are back to Xmas 2020 again.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What do you want? on 22:07 - Feb 8 with 1708 viewsBarcaBlue

What do you want? on 22:04 - Feb 8 by FrimleyBlue

I'll take ugly wins all day long if we then manage to win the games that matter.

Absolutely win games like tonight, but there's no real pattern to our play and constant wrong decisions from players that concerns me for these big games where the right decisions are crucial.

How many times for example did celina have a chance to go down the left of the pen area. Or tuck in and shoot but he passed backwards instead. These little things concern me.

But we need to see if we can go an win sat because if we lose sat all these ugly wins are for nothing and it's we are back to Xmas 2020 again.

It wasn't an ugly win, it was a completely controlled victory. Doncaster could be playing until Easter and wouldn't have resurrected.
What do you want? on 22:09 - Feb 8 with 1678 viewsitfcjoe

McKenna seems to be being judged against impossibly high standards, maybe because the league table hasn't moved as much as some would have liked - but nothing we can do about that bar keep winning.

It's especially galling when you see how much rope Cook was continually given by some, both last season and this, when he was taking us backwards.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What do you want? on 22:14 - Feb 8 with 1615 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 22:09 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

McKenna seems to be being judged against impossibly high standards, maybe because the league table hasn't moved as much as some would have liked - but nothing we can do about that bar keep winning.

It's especially galling when you see how much rope Cook was continually given by some, both last season and this, when he was taking us backwards.

Why do you have to keep mentioning Cook? Are we not allowed to comment on individual games 'because Cook' ?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What do you want? on 22:16 - Feb 8 with 1597 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Are they the only two options?

I'm delighted with a win but I hate watching Ipswich from behind the sofa. Against a poor Doncaster, bottom of the table, we should be beating teams like this easily, not wasting time at the end. We appear to have nothing up front, both Bonne and Norwood are looking poor.

Login to get fewer ads

What do you want? on 22:16 - Feb 8 with 1588 viewsFrimleyBlue

What do you want? on 22:07 - Feb 8 by BarcaBlue

It wasn't an ugly win, it was a completely controlled victory. Doncaster could be playing until Easter and wouldn't have resurrected.

It can be controlled and ugly.

We won with a 2 yard tap in.

We had alot of passes going into the stands, players not working well with others on occasions and alot of loose balls.

So again happy with the win. Agree we weren't gonna lose that game..said as much in the first half.

Just personally want to see it a bit more tidy for sat.

Waka waka eh eh

What do you want? on 22:16 - Feb 8 with 1592 viewsitfcjoe

What do you want? on 22:14 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why do you have to keep mentioning Cook? Are we not allowed to comment on individual games 'because Cook' ?

Because he's the reason that despite 6 wins in 8 games we are still well outside the play offs, but yet McKenna seems to be getting judged more harshly than he was

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What do you want? on 22:18 - Feb 8 with 1565 viewsDyland

Because he was fooking sh1te Jerseys, whichever way yous spin it. Whose fault is it we have so much ground to make up? I'll even give people (if they are desperate to defend Cook) it's just a bit more time it's started clicking, but really.

We should have buried these tonight. And we've been lucky in the last two. But we are more solid. We look like a team, even though struggling to see that much improvement going forward. But 6 out of 8, and we move on to the difficult games... let's see... Morsy back as well, who is the one player we really can't replace.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What do you want? on 22:20 - Feb 8 with 1551 viewsjayessess

What do you want? on 22:16 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm delighted with a win but I hate watching Ipswich from behind the sofa. Against a poor Doncaster, bottom of the table, we should be beating teams like this easily, not wasting time at the end. We appear to have nothing up front, both Bonne and Norwood are looking poor.

We were profligate tonight, but we're actually one of the most clinical teams in the league. Only Wigan take more of their chances.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB3

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What do you want? on 22:22 - Feb 8 with 1510 viewsBarcaBlue

There's some pretty obvious sniping going on despite the results. It's only fair to compare the last 8 results with what came before, just to show the trajectory we are currently on in comparison to what was happening before.
What do you want? on 22:23 - Feb 8 with 1494 viewsGeomorph

What do you want? on 22:04 - Feb 8 by FrimleyBlue

Ugly wins are great but not for ones well being :) btw just noticed Bolton have scored 16 in their 15 away games… ie 11 in the 14 not involving us ffs. Bizarre league.,gotta be strong and mixitup a bit.coyfbs on Saturday at the cultural desert
What do you want? on 22:23 - Feb 8 with 1485 viewstractorboy1978

I watched with far more apprehension under Cook than I do McKenna. With the exception of a couple of games you always thought we were liable to concede and throw it away. He couldn’t see games out to save his life.
What do you want? on 22:24 - Feb 8 with 1469 viewsDyland

Arf. We didn't look like losing or even conceding tonight buh, put the bong down for a minute :)

What do you want? on 22:27 - Feb 8 with 1420 viewsDyland

What do you want? on 22:20 - Feb 8 by jayessess

We were profligate tonight, but we're actually one of the most clinical teams in the league. Only Wigan take more of their chances.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB3

Tbf that's a disingenuous stat though... see Lambert's first five or six games in his first season after relegation :)

Point is we don't look like we're gonna concede very easily, for the first time in about five years.

Let's see how we cope with more quality attacking on Saturday.

What do you want? on 22:28 - Feb 8 with 1400 viewsBarcaBlue

Watching from behind the sofa? Don't be daft, we didn't let them have a meaningful attack all match.
What do you want? on 22:30 - Feb 8 with 1387 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Exactly this. It seems to be from a small group of Cook apologists too. I think Keanish has got himself banned but there are a couple of others persisting on it and a few trolls still as well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What do you want? on 22:30 - Feb 8 with 1381 viewsreusersfreekicks

Hypocracy of some is incredible isn't it!
The Cook brigade seem to want Mckenna to fail
What do you want? on 22:32 - Feb 8 with 1357 viewsBlueBadger

Because he's probably the reason we won't get promoted.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What do you want? on 22:33 - Feb 8 with 1348 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 22:16 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

Because he's the reason that despite 6 wins in 8 games we are still well outside the play offs, but yet McKenna seems to be getting judged more harshly than he was

I don't know if you're including twitter and other places, but I haven't seen McKenna being judged more harshly on here than Cook (other than Makin). I found tonight very frustrating and I feel we ought to be doing better against the bottom team, and I'd have said that whoever was in charge.

What do you want? on 22:33 - Feb 8 with 1345 viewsBluedandy

The cliche of winning ugly is far less significant when the teams beaten are hopeless and destined for League Two.

But if we beat MK Dons in a truly hideous fashion, say the football version of Anne of Cleves, then that would be real progress.
What do you want? on 22:33 - Feb 8 with 1336 viewsGeomorph

He’s doing great so far.. in relation to those before
What do you want? on 22:34 - Feb 8 with 1325 viewsFrimleyBlue

What do you want? on 22:30 - Feb 8 by reusersfreekicks

Hypocracy of some is incredible isn't it!
The Cook brigade seem to want Mckenna to fail

I've yet to see anyone say they aren't happy with KM and the job he's doing.

Plenty of questions about player input tho which I think is fair. There's something missing in that final third. The rest us spot on and can I say how much I love donacien, a defender whipping crosses in is brilliant.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024