Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... 13:20 - Mar 9 with 3261 viewsWhataday78

Same rubbish songs, 1 song for 2 players.. it's all abit crap really. Our away support is great but don't see that at the home games
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:25 - Mar 9 with 2665 viewshomer_123

Well, we need something to moan about now the football has picked up.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:27 - Mar 9 with 2643 viewsWhataday78

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:25 - Mar 9 by homer_123

Well, we need something to moan about now the football has picked up.

the football is great, but our support isn't
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:31 - Mar 9 with 2615 viewsSitfcB

Ah a third thread on it, just what we need.

ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:31 - Mar 9 with 2616 viewsboroughblue

Agree, the same song for two players is really poor. The thing is, for a great atmosphere to you need the whole ground to get involved, not just one area (SBRL in our case).

Take Fratton park for instance, they arent really the best fans in the world, they have the same two songs on loop too, but they're whole ground starts and joins in with chants. We need that at PR too, wherever you are in the ground you can join in. If you don't know the words, then clap along! or if you're sat somewhere else in the ground, you can still join in with a chant sat down! seems to such a case of just blaming the SBRL for a poor atmosphere, everyone can join in with chants or at least clap along!
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:33 - Mar 9 with 2604 viewsEwan_Oozami

It's because McKenna's widened the pitch so the sound has further to travel...
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 13:33]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:36 - Mar 9 with 2582 viewsitfcsuth

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:27 - Mar 9 by Whataday78

the football is great, but our support isn't

Wasn't there near 25,000 in the stadium at a midweek L1 game. I don't think anyone can suggest our support isn't great. In fact, our support for the club is absolutely phenomenal.

We have taken thousands of fans up and down the country this year, sold out numerous away ends, recorded the highest away following in the whole of the EFL for the year.

Tuesday nights I tend to find are little bit quieter, but seems to vary game to game. I have no doubt Portsmouth at home on Saturday will be rocking.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 9:28]
The majority of the North Stand were again really poor on 13:38 - Mar 9 with 2565 viewsunstableblue

I think Block A of the Cobbold were making more noise than 2 thirds of the lower North last night.

Its terrible.

We were playing some really nice and exciting stuff in that first half and the middle and left sections of the North were silent, nothing.

The Blue Action guys are trying but its now a small number.

Whats up? best football we've had in a decade and no one is singing.

Perhaps its due to the fact that Blue Action sing newer songs that the rest of the North don't respond to.

But come on if you can't sing en masse "Burns, Burns will tear you apart again", or "Connor Chaplin Baby"... some response to 'McKennas at the Wheel.." and "Ooh Sonny Aluko"... but even "Bobby conquered Europe.." was getting a muted response last night.

Come on people... MUST DO BETTER.. you can't excuse it with the players aren't giving anything back... as we've been starting faster/better recently

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:40 - Mar 9 with 2547 viewsblueasfook

Too many fleece wearing middle aged women in the SBR.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 15:58 - Mar 9 with 2291 viewsVeggie

Because you’re not singing. In fact you’re probably not even there.
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 18:32 - Mar 9 with 2154 viewsMattinLondon

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:40 - Mar 9 by blueasfook

Too many fleece wearing middle aged women in the SBR.

Thanks for the description of yourself…but why do you think that the atmosphere is poor?
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 19:07 - Mar 9 with 2084 viewsbazza

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 18:32 - Mar 9 by MattinLondon

Thanks for the description of yourself…but why do you think that the atmosphere is poor?

I think there’s a split in the North stand, youngsters one side crusties the other.. and they don’t sing together more often than not..
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 20:23 - Mar 9 with 1963 viewsBluespeed225

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:31 - Mar 9 by boroughblue

Agree, the same song for two players is really poor. The thing is, for a great atmosphere to you need the whole ground to get involved, not just one area (SBRL in our case).

Take Fratton park for instance, they arent really the best fans in the world, they have the same two songs on loop too, but they're whole ground starts and joins in with chants. We need that at PR too, wherever you are in the ground you can join in. If you don't know the words, then clap along! or if you're sat somewhere else in the ground, you can still join in with a chant sat down! seems to such a case of just blaming the SBRL for a poor atmosphere, everyone can join in with chants or at least clap along!

Since we stopped singing 20 minute rhythmic chants of ‘Bobby Robson/Johnny Lyalls/Georgie Burleys Blue n white army’ the whole ground can’t join in. When the awful ‘Barmy army’ thing came in we lost it. Need to get Blue n White army back in vogue!
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 20:31 - Mar 9 with 1942 viewsblueislander

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 20:23 - Mar 9 by Bluespeed225

Since we stopped singing 20 minute rhythmic chants of ‘Bobby Robson/Johnny Lyalls/Georgie Burleys Blue n white army’ the whole ground can’t join in. When the awful ‘Barmy army’ thing came in we lost it. Need to get Blue n White army back in vogue!

It was be interesting to know the demographics of attendees at Portman Road , I would say tha t anyone over 45 is unlikely to sing or chant unless there is real excitement on the pitch, such as, obviously a goal, or a near miss .
The majority of the North Stand were again really poor on 20:39 - Mar 9 with 1913 viewsmccarthy_is_god

The majority of the North Stand were again really poor on 13:38 - Mar 9 by unstableblue

I think Block A of the Cobbold were making more noise than 2 thirds of the lower North last night.

Its terrible.

We were playing some really nice and exciting stuff in that first half and the middle and left sections of the North were silent, nothing.

The Blue Action guys are trying but its now a small number.

Whats up? best football we've had in a decade and no one is singing.

Perhaps its due to the fact that Blue Action sing newer songs that the rest of the North don't respond to.

But come on if you can't sing en masse "Burns, Burns will tear you apart again", or "Connor Chaplin Baby"... some response to 'McKennas at the Wheel.." and "Ooh Sonny Aluko"... but even "Bobby conquered Europe.." was getting a muted response last night.

Come on people... MUST DO BETTER.. you can't excuse it with the players aren't giving anything back... as we've been starting faster/better recently

The newer songs are all so dreary it's hard to get motivated to join in with them.

Poll: Ban the Away Day guff?

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 20:39 - Mar 9 with 1910 viewsMillsey

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 20:31 - Mar 9 by blueislander

It was be interesting to know the demographics of attendees at Portman Road , I would say tha t anyone over 45 is unlikely to sing or chant unless there is real excitement on the pitch, such as, obviously a goal, or a near miss .

I did and I’m a little older Section 5
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 09:08 - Mar 10 with 1666 viewsWhataday78

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 15:58 - Mar 9 by Veggie

Because you’re not singing. In fact you’re probably not even there.

hmm interesting assumption.
Bring back amazing grace! on 10:51 - Mar 10 with 1585 viewskpblues

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 13:31 - Mar 9 by boroughblue

I've said it before but the one song that the whole ground used to sing is Ipswich slowly to the tune of Amazing grace.

The whole of Portman Road (Yes all stands) used to sing it.

It's simple , it's slow and it's rythmic.

What more do you want?

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:03 - Mar 10 with 1565 viewsBobsthename

What song really bugs me nowadays is the Norwich song ‘hark now hear’it’s ok but we ain’t played them for ages and i say hold that song till we actually play them again or in the same league which i’m sure won’t be long.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 11:04]
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:05 - Mar 10 with 1553 viewsSouperJim

Because people like you just whinge, rather than do something about it

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:08 - Mar 10 with 1541 viewsWhataday78

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:05 - Mar 10 by SouperJim

Because people like you just whinge, rather than do something about it

triggered.
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:14 - Mar 10 with 1502 viewsclive_baker

How many songs did you try and start, out of interest?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:17 - Mar 10 with 1482 viewsSouperJim

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:14 - Mar 10 by clive_baker

I'll wager self-awareness is not amongst their strengths

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:30 - Mar 10 with 1460 viewsclive_baker

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:17 - Mar 10 by SouperJim

I'll wager self-awareness is not amongst their strengths

Quite. I find this all a bit weird why there's multiple threads since Tuesday on it. People are very quick to say 'where's the atmosphere?', invariably I'm convinced they're the people that sit on their hands tutting and do absolutely nothing to contribute to an atmosphere. It's nobody elses job. If you want an atmosphere, sing. If you don't want to, that's equally OK but you have zero right to question others if that's the case.

FWIW I think it's been good this season, both home and away by and large. Tuesday less so but it was a bit of a damp squib second half as the game was put to bed and Lincoln set up to limit damage after the break.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 12:05 - Mar 10 with 1399 viewsWhataday78

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:14 - Mar 10 by clive_baker

I will admit I am not the most creative in terms of creating songs, but if I hear a new one I will always trying to understand what is being sung. I posted previously asking what the words were to the Morsy song but had no response.

My OP isn't a dig at anyone in particular and I'm not saying I am perfect, I want us to improve this and I am willing to be part of that.
Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 12:11 - Mar 10 with 1380 viewsWhataday78

Why is the atmosphere at PR so poor... on 11:30 - Mar 10 by clive_baker

Quite. I find this all a bit weird why there's multiple threads since Tuesday on it. People are very quick to say 'where's the atmosphere?', invariably I'm convinced they're the people that sit on their hands tutting and do absolutely nothing to contribute to an atmosphere. It's nobody elses job. If you want an atmosphere, sing. If you don't want to, that's equally OK but you have zero right to question others if that's the case.

FWIW I think it's been good this season, both home and away by and large. Tuesday less so but it was a bit of a damp squib second half as the game was put to bed and Lincoln set up to limit damage after the break.

I get your point but you can't just assume that people aren't contributing to the atmosphere, I've had people question if I'm a Norwich fan or if I even go to the games.. I don't get what the hostility is about, I've pointed something out that I would like us as a fanbase to work on.

Away support is awesome and I'm not taking anything away from that either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024