Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! 19:16 - Apr 6 with 1679 viewsLord_Lucan

I just googled him - I can't believe he only played 30 games for us!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:18 - Apr 6 with 1647 viewswkj

Including two loan spells he actually played 45 games for us, but still feels like it was more.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 19:23]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:21 - Apr 6 with 1628 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s not a name you hear often. He was a lovely little player for us. Didn’t quite live up to expectations, although he did have a few season in the PL didn’t he? Maybe Charlton his highlight, as he didn’t get much game time at Newcastle after SBR’s time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:21 - Apr 6 with 1617 viewsFrimleyBlue

£1 Mill was such a steal for such a talent.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:23 - Apr 6 with 1613 viewsLord_Lucan

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:18 - Apr 6 by wkj

Including two loan spells he actually played 45 games for us, but still feels like it was more.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 19:23]

I wasn't including his loan spells.

I thought the guy was pure class.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:24 - Apr 6 with 1611 viewsITFC_Forever

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:21 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

It’s not a name you hear often. He was a lovely little player for us. Didn’t quite live up to expectations, although he did have a few season in the PL didn’t he? Maybe Charlton his highlight, as he didn’t get much game time at Newcastle after SBR’s time.

Was decent for Palace as well, Colin waxes lyrical about him in his book, but that may well have been in the Champ.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:24 - Apr 6 with 1598 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:21 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

He moved to early and probably to the wrong club, we needed the money didn't we.

Great little player.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:27 - Apr 6 with 1590 viewsSuperblue95

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:24 - Apr 6 by ITFC_Forever

Was decent for Palace as well, Colin waxes lyrical about him in his book, but that may well have been in the Champ.

Yeah he definitely tore it up for Palace for a couple of seasons. Think he got a shed load of goals one year for them including a fair few screamers.

Just before they went up I reckon

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:38 - Apr 6 with 1531 viewsJakeITFC

Saw him today at South Mimms services funnily enough (him Subway, me Burger King for those interested).
Login to get fewer ads

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:39 - Apr 6 with 1514 viewsIllinoisblue

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:27 - Apr 6 by Superblue95

Yeah he definitely tore it up for Palace for a couple of seasons. Think he got a shed load of goals one year for them including a fair few screamers.

Just before they went up I reckon

Think he also scored a cracker for Palace at Man Utd. Proper thunder bastard

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 19:40 - Apr 6 with 1512 viewsdavblue

he played a lot on the wing at Newcastle which wasn't really his game getting up and down. That was the era where a lot of skilful players where thrown out on the wing in a 4-4-2.
I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:14 - Apr 6 with 1430 viewsBloomBlue

Remember Sheepshaker said we weren't going into full administration to stop a fire sale of players and then we gave Ambrose to Newcastle for the price of a big mac. But at least sheepshakers wife's company had all their bills paid before administration
I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:21 - Apr 6 with 1413 viewsLord_Lucan

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:14 - Apr 6 by BloomBlue

Remember Sheepshaker said we weren't going into full administration to stop a fire sale of players and then we gave Ambrose to Newcastle for the price of a big mac. But at least sheepshakers wife's company had all their bills paid before administration

I've always been in two minds about Sheepy.

He was a bit of a shyster but I genuinely think he loved ITFC and had their best interests at heart. My mate DalaiFarmer (10 years brown bread this year!) wasn't a fan and kept mentioning something about some dodgy dealings with mayonnaise.

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:23 - Apr 6 with 1410 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He used to link up so well with Bent and Bowditch too.

This match springs to mind when I think of Ambrose: https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ten-man-town-beat-blades-in-2532264

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:27 - Apr 6 with 1387 viewsIllinoisblue

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:21 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

He was a bit of a shyster but I genuinely think he loved ITFC and had their best interests at heart. My mate DalaiFarmer (10 years brown bread this year!) wasn't a fan and kept mentioning something about some dodgy dealings with mayonnaise.

Has it really been 10 years since we lost Dalai? Damn. Used to love his late night arguments on here and his ability to trawl back through posts to highlight people’s hypocrisy. He was a master of that.

62 - 78 - 81

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:27 - Apr 6 with 1377 viewsLord_Lucan

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:23 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

He used to link up so well with Bent and Bowditch too.

This match springs to mind when I think of Ambrose: https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ten-man-town-beat-blades-in-2532264

I think hat was the only home game I missed that season!

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:46 - Apr 6 with 1309 viewsBloomBlue

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:21 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

Not saying he didnt have Town at heart but when it came to his nose in the pig trough he had it with paying who he needed to pay before administration.
I know too many Suffolk companies who lost money and people who lost their jobs because of the administration to forgive sheepshaker

It still makes me laugh at the Town fans who moan about Derby overspending and the truth is very did the same. I'll never forget those great times but I also won't wear the rose tinted glasses
I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:54 - Apr 6 with 1283 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:46 - Apr 6 by BloomBlue

Not saying he didnt have Town at heart but when it came to his nose in the pig trough he had it with paying who he needed to pay before administration.
I know too many Suffolk companies who lost money and people who lost their jobs because of the administration to forgive sheepshaker

It still makes me laugh at the Town fans who moan about Derby overspending and the truth is very did the same. I'll never forget those great times but I also won't wear the rose tinted glasses

It was over-spending and mismanagement. However, it was off the back of finishing in the UEFA Cup. It would have been unexpected both to get relegated and for ITV Digital to collapse. However, it was still reckless to have spent as we did with no contingency for things going wrong.

EDIT: The big difference with Derby is that they were trying to buy their way there rather than spending having got there.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 20:55]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:58 - Apr 6 with 1244 viewsLord_Lucan

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:27 - Apr 6 by Illinoisblue

Has it really been 10 years since we lost Dalai? Damn. Used to love his late night arguments on here and his ability to trawl back through posts to highlight people’s hypocrisy. He was a master of that.

He kept a bloody spreadsheet!

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:59 - Apr 6 with 1236 viewsIllinoisblue

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:58 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

He kept a bloody spreadsheet!

Dedication to the cause, love it!

62 - 78 - 81

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 21:00 - Apr 6 with 1240 viewsFrimleyBlue

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:27 - Apr 6 by Illinoisblue

Certainly a poster I was gladly used to ripping me to parts :)
10 years. It's crazy it's been that long.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 21:01 - Apr 6 with 1235 viewsLord_Lucan

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:46 - Apr 6 by BloomBlue

Crazy thing is that after an awful start we went on a mental run and people were starting to talk about Europe again - and then Liverpool belted us followed by an international break and we turned to jelly.

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 21:04 - Apr 6 with 1228 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 20:54 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was over-spending and mismanagement. However, it was off the back of finishing in the UEFA Cup. It would have been unexpected both to get relegated and for ITV Digital to collapse. However, it was still reckless to have spent as we did with no contingency for things going wrong.

EDIT: The big difference with Derby is that they were trying to buy their way there rather than spending having got there.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 20:55]

Trouble is, we had to spend because of the extra demands Europe. And we didn’t spend big relatively - only £6m net spend which was sustainable had we stayed up. Getting the wrong players who didn’t integrate into the dressing room was the problem (I’m not sure who’s to blame for that, but we couldn’t have done our homework).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I see Darren Ambrose name has popped up - What a player!!!!!!!!!! on 23:33 - Apr 6 with 1050 viewsMelford

Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose host a radio show on Talksport on a Sunday night 5-8. Just when I'm knocking off after a hard weekend they're a good listen.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024