Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese 22:31 - Apr 7 with 1339 viewsDarth_Koont

If there’s something this forum know, it’s f@cking cheese. Probably the only thing we can agree on, apart from MarkTWTD being our mysterious, spiritual guide.

And we come from far and wide with many thousands of different ideas, skills and perspectives. There’s a massive Wisdom of Crowds opportunity here. And the sort of money where we could collectively buy ITFC. Plus NCFC as a dedicated feeder club re-named Ipswich North. We’re talking billions.

So, can we crack the following problem?

“Let’s produce a vegan cheese that you want to put on a cracker.”

I vote clive_baker as CEO. I have nothing to add of any genuine value but can help come up with a name (Taricco?), tagline and some marketing fluff.

But sign up below and let’s make the impossible possible.

Pronouns: He/Him

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 22:42 - Apr 7 with 1282 viewsKeno

I misread the opening line and thought you were accusing us of “having relationships of a sexual nature” with cheese

I guess that’s something you’d have to do caerphilly

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 22:42 - Apr 7 with 1281 viewsjeera

Use a strong cheddar but change the label.

They'll be too happy to care.

I guess that places me in marketing. Or in court when we get found out.

But hopefully we'll be too rich to care by then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 22:44 - Apr 7 with 1278 viewsDarth_Koont

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 22:42 - Apr 7 by Keno

I misread the opening line and thought you were accusing us of “having relationships of a sexual nature” with cheese

I guess that’s something you’d have to do caerphilly

Don’t worry Keno. You can eat it or f@ck it.

A sale is a sale.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 22:57]

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 22:48 - Apr 7 with 1255 viewsDarth_Koont

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 22:42 - Apr 7 by jeera

Use a strong cheddar but change the label.

They'll be too happy to care.

I guess that places me in marketing. Or in court when we get found out.

But hopefully we'll be too rich to care by then.

You’ve got a (largely) unfair view of marketing there.

But I like the thinking. We can be activists for the vegan cheese of the future by raising the bar to a mature cheddar.

We don’t have to have the answer but we can be the organisation that channels the research in the right direction. Just like Cancer Research but even more important.

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:02 - Apr 7 with 1225 viewsjeera

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 22:48 - Apr 7 by Darth_Koont

You’ve got a (largely) unfair view of marketing there.

But I like the thinking. We can be activists for the vegan cheese of the future by raising the bar to a mature cheddar.

We don’t have to have the answer but we can be the organisation that channels the research in the right direction. Just like Cancer Research but even more important.

Oh, I thought this was about making money.

It really is about morals. Well that's disappointing.

I got nothing, I resign.

There was a meat factory in BSE that was a main local employer for many years.

I know stories from friends who did stints there that labels were swapped around by the order of those in charge according to what stock they had.

I.e. there was a particular line of products that were proper free range and labels for that line were attached to identify them from the others; you know, barn kept stuff.

The line was popular because customers felt good about the items they were buying.

But whenever they ran out of the real thing staff were instructed to use the labels anyway for the cheaper products so not to lose sales.

It's not just a story either, it's something the staff used to talk about quite a lot; some thought it amusing, others were angry and tried to expose it but in fear of losing their jobs.

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:29 - Apr 7 with 1213 viewsDarth_Koont

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:02 - Apr 7 by jeera

Oh, I thought this was about making money.

It really is about morals. Well that's disappointing.

I got nothing, I resign.

There was a meat factory in BSE that was a main local employer for many years.

I know stories from friends who did stints there that labels were swapped around by the order of those in charge according to what stock they had.

I.e. there was a particular line of products that were proper free range and labels for that line were attached to identify them from the others; you know, barn kept stuff.

The line was popular because customers felt good about the items they were buying.

But whenever they ran out of the real thing staff were instructed to use the labels anyway for the cheaper products so not to lose sales.

It's not just a story either, it's something the staff used to talk about quite a lot; some thought it amusing, others were angry and tried to expose it but in fear of losing their jobs.

One of my many jobs before, during and after university was in a cake factory that also bizarrely did veggie burgers on the side.

I was 18 and literally had no-one watching the process as I combined all the ingredients for the veggie burgers, poured them into the machine and then packed the patties into the packets.

One day, I put the wrong tub of fat in by mistake. The pork fat that went into the cake cream ...

And I said nothing.

Phew! Feels good to finally get that weight off. Sincere apologies to any active burger-loving vegetarians in 1989.

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:34 - Apr 7 with 1199 viewsGuthrum

Briegan - It's like cheese, but not

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:37 - Apr 7 with 1199 viewsfactual_blue

Unless this is a cheese actually made from vegans, I'm not interested.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:38 - Apr 7 with 1197 viewsjeera

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:29 - Apr 7 by Darth_Koont

One of my many jobs before, during and after university was in a cake factory that also bizarrely did veggie burgers on the side.

I was 18 and literally had no-one watching the process as I combined all the ingredients for the veggie burgers, poured them into the machine and then packed the patties into the packets.

One day, I put the wrong tub of fat in by mistake. The pork fat that went into the cake cream ...

And I said nothing.

Phew! Feels good to finally get that weight off. Sincere apologies to any active burger-loving vegetarians in 1989.

It's not a minor problem to undo either is it?

I remember there had been some incident where the wrong ingredient, (or wrong measurement was more likely?), had been poured into some vat for a Lloyd Grossman sauce or something. These vats were floor to ceiling size so this was a big deal.

And something that seemed such a minor mistake meant the whole line had to be shut down.

But then every part of machinery had to be cleaned and the whole system had to be flushed. It like set back an entire chunk of the factory for a whole day or two which in the scale of production was massive. You're talking tons of sauces!

These were both well known factories but I'm deliberately not naming them just in case!

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:49 - Apr 7 with 1185 viewsDarth_Koont

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:38 - Apr 7 by jeera

It's not a minor problem to undo either is it?

I remember there had been some incident where the wrong ingredient, (or wrong measurement was more likely?), had been poured into some vat for a Lloyd Grossman sauce or something. These vats were floor to ceiling size so this was a big deal.

And something that seemed such a minor mistake meant the whole line had to be shut down.

But then every part of machinery had to be cleaned and the whole system had to be flushed. It like set back an entire chunk of the factory for a whole day or two which in the scale of production was massive. You're talking tons of sauces!

These were both well known factories but I'm deliberately not naming them just in case!

I remember I was paid £105 for a 45-hour week. And almost totally unsupervised. I don’t think these guys (again a national brand) cared about any of that.

Re: the main cake part of the business, I still avoid cakes and even the smell of home-baked triggers a response.

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:57 - Apr 7 with 1179 viewsjeera

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:49 - Apr 7 by Darth_Koont

I remember I was paid £105 for a 45-hour week. And almost totally unsupervised. I don’t think these guys (again a national brand) cared about any of that.

Re: the main cake part of the business, I still avoid cakes and even the smell of home-baked triggers a response.

Always seems to be the big firms who care less.

Who'd have thunk it.

I do try to use my local bakers but I know they buy most of their stuff in.

Probably from big firms too!

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 07:00 - Apr 8 with 1064 viewsFtnfwest

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:29 - Apr 7 by Darth_Koont

And I said nothing.

You’ll be adding wafer thin ham into the vegan cheese recipe next
TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 07:29 - Apr 8 with 1045 viewshype313

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:37 - Apr 7 by factual_blue

Why would you want to eat a vegan? Perhaps to just get one of your 5 a day?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 07:42 - Apr 8 with 1040 viewsChurchman

Let’s produce v–– (I can’t say the word) cheese that fits in bins of all sizes easily and get some real stuff. If proper cheese was good enough for rampaging Vikings 1200 years ago, it’s good enough for me now.
TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 08:08 - Apr 8 with 1019 viewsWickwar_Blue

Assuming Forest Green Rovers get promoted, I think some people on this thread will thoroughly enjoy making an overnight trip to the Stroud/Nailsworth area. Putting aside the fact that the away end at the New Lawn (bring a coat, it’s open air) faces electronic advertising boards displaying climate emergency facts, there’s the Saturday morning Farmer’s Market in Stroud. Very high vegan presence, very high eco warrior presence, lots of CBD products, lots of people wearing things they’ve knitted themselves. Every other stall has the word Artisan in its name. You can spend £7 on a loaf…. You get the picture!
TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 08:30 - Apr 8 with 1012 viewswkj

It just o'curd to be After a while on the vegan cheese, I'm sure there will be a number of people recounting their time with real cheese with a simple sigh and statement of 'Those were the wheys'

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 09:42 - Apr 8 with 984 viewsclive_baker

Sign me up!

Would it be a bad look if my remuneration included an element of payment in real cheese? It would, wouldn't it? We'll need to keep that out of the press.

Is the very fact I'm referring to dairy cheese as 'real' a bad start? I think it probably is.

Taricco sounds like a delicious plant based cheese, I assume our debut hero product will be a blue cheese?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 09:50 - Apr 8 with 973 viewsBloomBlue

I think you're underselling it already, TWTD wouldn't create any old vegan cheese it would be an Artisan vegan cheese
TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 10:34 - Apr 8 with 939 viewsFtnfwest

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 09:50 - Apr 8 by BloomBlue

I think you're underselling it already, TWTD wouldn't create any old vegan cheese it would be an Artisan vegan cheese

'Artisan Gluten Free Vegan Cheese' you mean? We're almost at water now i reckon.
TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 10:39 - Apr 8 with 929 viewsmonytowbray

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 23:37 - Apr 7 by factual_blue

I can stop washing my dick and rub my bellend on a cracker?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 16:12 - Apr 8 with 825 viewseireblue

Sorry to be a bit lazy, but can’t I just continue to buy the vegan cheeses that are already nice on a cracker?
TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 17:14 - Apr 8 with 795 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD crowdsourcing project: Vegan Cheese on 07:29 - Apr 8 by hype313

Why would you want to eat a vegan? Perhaps to just get one of your 5 a day?

I'm a cannibal.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024