Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve 21:01 - Apr 9 with 2006 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 21:04 - Apr 9 with 1909 viewschicoazul

He should stop getting booked every other game for a start.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 21:57 - Apr 9 with 1711 viewsHARRY10

err, all work is 'in progress' otherwise it would not be referred to as work

" are you sitting on your arz having a cuppa, then you are not at work"

Every ream is in a constant 'flux, with new players emerging, others dropping out, players out injured or returning

this meaningless mumbo jumbo is a way of trying to disguise that at the moment we are not good enough for the top 6

the idea that underpins that nonsense is that we might not be bothering, when in fact as with ALL teams we are

it's just 8 in our league have for many varied reasons, been able to do better
Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 22:37 - Apr 9 with 1607 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sounds like he's planning on staying which is a positive. Sorry Chico.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 22:56 - Apr 9 with 1566 viewsBluearmy71

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 21:04 - Apr 9 by chicoazul

When showing commitment to the team you go all in, a player of Morsy' quality and commitment to drive the team to victory getting a yellow card is par for the course!!

I think you'd be among the first to moan if any player was under-committed when wearing the shirt!!
Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 00:09 - Apr 10 with 1446 viewschicoazul

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 22:37 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sounds like he's planning on staying which is a positive. Sorry Chico.

He’s a great player! But he’s going to get suspended for 8 games every year at this rate.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 08:36 - Apr 10 with 1229 viewsfranz_tyson

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 00:09 - Apr 10 by chicoazul

He’s a great player! But he’s going to get suspended for 8 games every year at this rate.

In which case, he can play for 38 games. I'll take that.

We need more like him. We're too soft. Not sure why his bookings are bothering some so much when the main problem is we're a bit toothless and can't finish teams off.
Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:08 - Apr 10 with 1139 viewstextbackup

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 21:04 - Apr 9 by chicoazul

na if he really wants to be a successful captain here he should start smacking the ball aimlessly up the pitch., over and over and over, lose his man on set pieces etc....

morsy is a quality footballer, and a quality captain

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:10 - Apr 10 with 1138 viewspointofblue

We’ve heard it all before.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:18 - Apr 10 with 1101 viewstextbackup

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:10 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

We’ve heard it all before.

from him?
with a group of talented players?

no we havent

we heard it from the ex captain, with a bunch of no hopes, and fck all backing from a sht owner.

different situations completely

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:31 - Apr 10 with 1076 viewspointofblue

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:18 - Apr 10 by textbackup

from him?
with a group of talented players?

no we havent

we heard it from the ex captain, with a bunch of no hopes, and fck all backing from a sht owner.

different situations completely

We’ve heard it from McKenna, Burns said something similar last week as well.

As an aside, for all the understandable criticism of last season’s squad, we were in a better position under them, league wise, then we have been at any point with our current set of players. Not saying I’d switch them for a moment but it comes back to my argument of, if we don’t have the best squad in the division on paper then who does?

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:35 - Apr 10 with 1057 viewstextbackup

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:31 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

We’ve heard it from McKenna, Burns said something similar last week as well.

As an aside, for all the understandable criticism of last season’s squad, we were in a better position under them, league wise, then we have been at any point with our current set of players. Not saying I’d switch them for a moment but it comes back to my argument of, if we don’t have the best squad in the division on paper then who does?

football has never been played on paper tho has it.....

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:37 - Apr 10 with 1059 viewsEly_Blue

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 00:09 - Apr 10 by chicoazul

Oh do bore off with your constant negativity, I don’t recall him getting 8 games banned this season do you?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:41 - Apr 10 with 1040 viewsTrumptonBlue

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:37 - Apr 10 by Ely_Blue

Oh do bore off with your constant negativity, I don’t recall him getting 8 games banned this season do you?

No, it’s only 7.
Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:44 - Apr 10 with 1020 viewspointofblue

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:35 - Apr 10 by textbackup

football has never been played on paper tho has it.....

No, but it does lead to questions about management, coaching and tactics - even on form we’re ‘only’ the fifth best team in the league under McKenna’s tenure and, as horrible as it to say, slipping back. We’re ninth (why not, it’s like 15th in the Championship, our spiritual home) across the last six games.

I will say, as most think I’m too hard on McKenna at the moment considering the amount of good he’s done here, that in truth we probably should have won five of those six on the basis of play, but just as football isn’t won on paper, neither is it won by nice approach play and territory either.

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:48 - Apr 10 with 1000 viewstractorboy1978

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:44 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

No, but it does lead to questions about management, coaching and tactics - even on form we’re ‘only’ the fifth best team in the league under McKenna’s tenure and, as horrible as it to say, slipping back. We’re ninth (why not, it’s like 15th in the Championship, our spiritual home) across the last six games.

I will say, as most think I’m too hard on McKenna at the moment considering the amount of good he’s done here, that in truth we probably should have won five of those six on the basis of play, but just as football isn’t won on paper, neither is it won by nice approach play and territory either.

How about you give him the summer to make some tactical and personnel tweaks and we see where we are after that?

"Rome wasn't built in a day" needs replacing with "Rome wasn't built in 10 minutes" these days.
Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:50 - Apr 10 with 993 viewschicoazul

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:41 - Apr 10 by TrumptonBlue

No, it’s only 7.

Thanks. Could have sworn it was 8 he’s missed.

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:56 - Apr 10 with 956 viewspointofblue

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:48 - Apr 10 by tractorboy1978

How about you give him the summer to make some tactical and personnel tweaks and we see where we are after that?

"Rome wasn't built in a day" needs replacing with "Rome wasn't built in 10 minutes" these days.

Because we seem to be hanging on to our failure this season being down to the squad not being good enough. It is unbalanced and we do need to sort out the left side but I don’t buy that as an over-riding excuse, even now. We’re in League One, every squad has issues and I doubt any of us would look at another team’s squad and say we’d take theirs over ours - again, on paper. And yet somehow, this expensively accrued bunch with previous top scorers at this level and a number of players who have proven themselves in a higher tier, limped from the gate and are now, results wise, limping to the line.

Yes, we’ll have the summer and we’ll change the squad around. It will be in McKenna’s image and hopefully that will be enough. But I’ve lived through this before, many times, with Town and perhaps that’s why there are nagging doubts in the back of my mind and my confidence isn’t as high as others.

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 10:05 - Apr 10 with 943 viewstractorboy1978

Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 09:56 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Because we seem to be hanging on to our failure this season being down to the squad not being good enough. It is unbalanced and we do need to sort out the left side but I don’t buy that as an over-riding excuse, even now. We’re in League One, every squad has issues and I doubt any of us would look at another team’s squad and say we’d take theirs over ours - again, on paper. And yet somehow, this expensively accrued bunch with previous top scorers at this level and a number of players who have proven themselves in a higher tier, limped from the gate and are now, results wise, limping to the line.

Yes, we’ll have the summer and we’ll change the squad around. It will be in McKenna’s image and hopefully that will be enough. But I’ve lived through this before, many times, with Town and perhaps that’s why there are nagging doubts in the back of my mind and my confidence isn’t as high as others.

You seem to be upset because we don't win every game. Chill.

I think most think we have a really good squad that needs shuffling slightly, 5/6 in and 5/6 out. That is what happens every season at most clubs. We aren't far off, we really aren't. You've said yourself we've deserved to win most of our games under McKenna, that's a damn sight better base to build on than we've had for years. McKenna hasn't even had a pre-season yet!
Morsy just nails it here… I agree we are a work in progress but we can improve on 10:39 - Apr 10 with 859 viewsreusersfreekicks

Great interview
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024