Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and 07:27 - Apr 17 with 4150 viewsbobbyramsey

.....Norwood were ditched? I know some are "fans favourites" and it would be a shock, but it's just not really happening for any of them consistently. The whole attacking midfield and strikers create and score zilch. And it hasn't improved under KM, if anything it's getting worse. The six game form table paints a grim picture, three goals and wallowing in the nether regions. Not having a dog at KM, he's been brilliant, a breathe of fresh air but "up top" we are simply not functioning.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 7:28]
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 07:37 - Apr 17 with 3190 viewscressi

Nothing will surprise me said in a earlier post I expect at least 5 new signings and possibly more depending who leaves we have 3 left backs or wing backs none are good enough to play regularly keep one possibly as back up
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 07:42 - Apr 17 with 3178 viewswrightsrightglove

It would surprise me if Aluko and Chaplin aren’t here next season. Aluko brings a wealth of experience and even if he isn’t starting every game he’s a great player to have around the place. And I think Chaplin could be far better used with a decent striker in front of him and he seems to have been well integrated into the club on the off pitch side of things. Celina will depend on money and whether KM wants to continue with the current system or change the formation and way we play.

I’m pretty sure Bonne, Norwood and Pigott will be gone.
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 07:44 - Apr 17 with 3169 viewsRIPbobby

Yeah Aluko and Chaplin would still be in my plans.
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 07:52 - Apr 17 with 3141 viewsgazzer1999

I think Celina showed yesterday why he won't be here next season. Of the rest Aluko is the only one I would keep, not as a regular starter but experience around the place is what's needed.
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 07:54 - Apr 17 with 3144 viewsGuthrum

It would be not only surprising, but alarming, too. Another massive clear-out is not what this team and club needs. Would smack of someone who has run out of training inspiration and tactical ideas.

In any case, we're creating plenty, just failing to convert that into goals.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 08:46 - Apr 17 with 2941 viewsElephantintheRoom

It would be a major surprise if any of them stayed

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 08:53 - Apr 17 with 2894 viewsNthQldITFC

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 08:46 - Apr 17 by ElephantintheRoom

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:08 - Apr 17 with 2849 viewsfranz_tyson

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 07:54 - Apr 17 by Guthrum

It would be not only surprising, but alarming, too. Another massive clear-out is not what this team and club needs. Would smack of someone who has run out of training inspiration and tactical ideas.

In any case, we're creating plenty, just failing to convert that into goals.

We're not creating plenty. Norwood missing a sitter doesn't equate to us creating plenty.

Reasonable discussion if we need all of Chaplin, Celina and Aluko and how much do they really contribute. We look toothless at times and that's part of their jobs to create in the final third.

If getting Celina means we blow a lot of the budget then I'd be against it. If we're able to buy well and can still afford Celina on top of that- then fine. But he's not done enough to make himself a top priority.

Recruitment vs coaching. Recruitment is far more important than coaching at the moment to make those necessary improvements.
Login to get fewer ads

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:10 - Apr 17 with 2831 viewsblueislander

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 08:53 - Apr 17 by NthQldITFC

The way that the front three have been been constantly rotated would suggest that McKenna doesn’t know what is the best combination. Of our current strikers he seems to rate Jackson the highest. I agree that Aluko should be retained although not as a regular starter. Chaplin is the sort of player that suits the way he wants the team to play. At least two new signings in this area are needed.
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:24 - Apr 17 with 2778 viewspointofblue

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:10 - Apr 17 by blueislander

The way that the front three have been been constantly rotated would suggest that McKenna doesn’t know what is the best combination. Of our current strikers he seems to rate Jackson the highest. I agree that Aluko should be retained although not as a regular starter. Chaplin is the sort of player that suits the way he wants the team to play. At least two new signings in this area are needed.

I think the rotation is just a case of trying to keep them happy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:46 - Apr 17 with 2683 viewsitfcsuth

Celina, Chaplin, Aluko I would certainly be keeping next year.
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:50 - Apr 17 with 2663 viewsbobbyramsey

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:46 - Apr 17 by itfcsuth

Celina, Chaplin, Aluko I would certainly be keeping next year.

Because?

Just interested.....
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 10:18 - Apr 17 with 2595 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lol. Positive in arrows whilst saying the same thing I did which got 4 pages of abuse Including one part owner of the site telling me to shut up.

To the OP. Totally agree final third needs changing.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 10:21]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 10:43 - Apr 17 with 2503 viewsdavblue

I think we need to also tweak our approach in the final 3rd it’s not just personnel.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 10:44]
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 11:21 - Apr 17 with 2379 viewsbroncos77

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 10:43 - Apr 17 by davblue

I think we need to also tweak our approach in the final 3rd it’s not just personnel.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 10:44]

No, but I'd keep Chaplin

I'd like to see McK adapt a bit to how to get out of this league , but assuming he sticks to his preferred way,... isn't it ironic that he'd have loved to have the pre-Cook Ipswich team + Burns.

He's reinstated Woolfie, Norwood and Jackson who were out in the cold, and with the likes of Downes, Dozzell , Wilson, and prob Bishop for squad as well, he'd have been v happy

All the 'best squad in the league' stuff at start of season is now shown to be pure hype, as only 1 Town player, Walton, would make even a short list for the League 1 Team of the Year

But if some good signings next season we should be right in the mix with the top 7-8 teams, but no silly 'walk it' expectations, and see if McK's way of playing can compete with the good 'direct' teams - should make for some fun watching

If only (as we often say in football) we could have got McK instead of Cook at the time, especially as it appears Gamechanger weren't really sold on Cook, and had their eye on McK
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 11:26 - Apr 17 with 2363 viewsjas0999

I’ll be disappointed if we keep Bonne. Expensive and terrible goal scoring record. Norwood lacks the necessary quality. Not sure if we will be able to keep Celina. Will he want to stay? You’d think he could get a championship club. Aluko and Chaplin - very surprised if they don’t stay. Pigott? 50/50.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 13:10]
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 11:32 - Apr 17 with 2351 viewsArnieM

I think out of those you list I’d probably keep Aluko ( squad player) and Celina ( if the money was right) …. The rest , off load .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 11:35 - Apr 17 with 2344 viewsBarcaBlue

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 08:46 - Apr 17 by ElephantintheRoom

It would be a major surprise if you were allowed to stay.
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 11:43 - Apr 17 with 2331 viewsGuthrum

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:08 - Apr 17 by franz_tyson

We're not creating plenty. Norwood missing a sitter doesn't equate to us creating plenty.

Reasonable discussion if we need all of Chaplin, Celina and Aluko and how much do they really contribute. We look toothless at times and that's part of their jobs to create in the final third.

If getting Celina means we blow a lot of the budget then I'd be against it. If we're able to buy well and can still afford Celina on top of that- then fine. But he's not done enough to make himself a top priority.

Recruitment vs coaching. Recruitment is far more important than coaching at the moment to make those necessary improvements.

Games I've watched we can get the ball into the opponent's box with relative ease, creating opportunities. The build-up play is often very good.

What we are failing to do is convert that into shots on goal. That's more about confidence, decisiveness (i.e. not waiting and maneuvering for the perfect chance) and marksmanship.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 11:46 - Apr 17 with 2320 viewsblueislander

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:24 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

I think the rotation is just a case of trying to keep them happy.

That would be very weak management.
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 11:50 - Apr 17 with 2313 viewsitfcsuth

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 09:50 - Apr 17 by bobbyramsey

Because?

Just interested.....

Because they’re good footballers. Chaplin has 9 goal contributions, and Celina has 11.

I still think we need another inverted winger/no.10.

I think our biggest issue is a consistent no.9 finisher, and we need 2 of them.
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 11:54 - Apr 17 with 2301 viewsZXBlue

Aluko should be one of the first on the team sheet. As a proper midfielder.
Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 12:25 - Apr 17 with 2238 viewsIllinoisblue

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 11:26 - Apr 17 by jas0999

I’ll be disappointed if we keep Bonne. Expensive and terrible goal scoring record. Norwood lacks the necessary quality. Not sure if we will be able to keep Celina. Will he want to stay? You’d think he could get a championship club. Aluko and Chaplin - very surprised if they don’t stay. Pigott? 50/50.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 13:10]

So terrible he’ll probably finish as our top scorer.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 12:28 - Apr 17 with 2229 viewsBiGDonnie

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 10:18 - Apr 17 by FrimleyBlue

Lol. Positive in arrows whilst saying the same thing I did which got 4 pages of abuse Including one part owner of the site telling me to shut up.

To the OP. Totally agree final third needs changing.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 10:21]

Because you're a b*llend and people have zero time for anything you say.

Glad I could help.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 13:39]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 12:40 - Apr 17 with 2192 viewsFrimleyBlue

Would it be a surprise if all of Celina, Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott, Bonne and on 12:28 - Apr 17 by BiGDonnie

Because you're a b*llend and people have zero time for anything you say.

Glad I could help.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 13:39]

Lol. Good old donnie

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024