Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. 12:39 - Apr 19 with 5506 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Shefki Kuqi was a refugee.

Dalian Atkinson was a black man killed illegally by Police Officers.

Kevin Beattie struggled to live on Benefits with his seriously ill wife.

Being "woke" just means treating people like Shefki with decency when they are in desperate need through no fault of their own.

Being "woke" means Police Officers treating all people in mental distress with decency, and not treating Black people with more violence than a White person showing similar distress.

Being "woke" means believing that all people should be able to eat nutritious food and live in safe, warm accommodation, and not have to choose between the two.

If you struggle to empathise with refugees, think of Shefki as a small kid having to escape from bombs and ethnic violence, and then start afresh in a school surrounded by people who spoke a totally alien language.

If you keep saying "All Lives Matter" when people mention "Black Lives Matter", think of Dalian undergoing a paranoid episode and being met with a sickening amount of violence, rather than a community mental health team.

If you condemn those on benefits as "scroungers" or "cheats" without knowing their story, think of how Kevin's commitment, which we applauded and demanded, led him to play on with injuries and receive constant pain-killing injections, and that the cumulative effect of both almost crippled him. And remember that the illness which randomly hit his wife could also, out of the blue, enter my life, or that of one of my loved ones, or your life, or that of someone you care about.

Shefki

Dalian

Kevin

Put a face to the words. Humanise them. See people, not a problem.
A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 12:51 - Apr 19 with 3026 viewsSTYG

Great post. Logged in to upvote it.

Sadly, the world I grew up in, where most people cared about each other, has been replaced by one where there isn't enough to go round (well there is plenty, but some people expect luxuries to be standard) and people will ultimately just do what is right for them.

I'm of the mindset that I'd happily pay more tax, even though I'm not that well off, to help those in genuine need. But I'd also begrudge doing it when millionaires and big companies still aren't paying their fair share first. I'm happy to help. But I want it to be fair and others to not have to pay nothing whilst I pay their shortfall.

Everything is so divisive that it's hard to see the woods from the trees and the media agenda is to feed into ignorance and divert the real blame and lay it at the hands of those who are different or less fortunate.

Fed straight down from the top. Boris has now blamed breaking his own rules on the bad advice of former aides. I wonder if you or I could have broken lockdown and said we were just following the rules that Auntie Margaret had mistakenly told us. No chance. But the man making the rules? I despair.

I still believe more people than not will fully endorse what you've said, but sadly too many people who just don't care for society to function normally and it feels like it's too far gone now to ever pull itself back.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 12:57]
A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 12:54 - Apr 19 with 2992 viewsnoggin

Excellent post. Thank you.

Was Celina also a refugee?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 12:56 - Apr 19 with 2976 viewsfooters

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 12:54 - Apr 19 by noggin

Excellent post. Thank you.

Was Celina also a refugee?

Indeed he was. That's partly the reason he offered up his flat to Ukrainian refugees. The other part is that he's a very good egg.

An excellent post. Thanks!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:00 - Apr 19 with 2912 viewspointofblue

Just to add I hate the term “woke”. It’s used in such a derisory, dismissive manner in an attempt to sneer at the concerns of others.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:07 - Apr 19 with 2872 viewsArnoldMoorhen

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:00 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

Just to add I hate the term “woke”. It’s used in such a derisory, dismissive manner in an attempt to sneer at the concerns of others.

Agreed, hence the need to define it positively, so that it is no longer an insult.

Retaliate with this:

"Woke just means opening your eyes. The opposite of woke is scrunching them shut, sticking your fingers in your ears, and hoping that the difficult problems go away. They won't."

See also:

"It's great being a snowflake, when we stick together we can really transform the landscape."

"I'd rather be politically correct than politically wrong all the time."
A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:12 - Apr 19 with 2848 viewsDarth_Koont

Cracking post.

I think many do see people in need as individuals rather than statistics, or can see injustices beyond their own self-interest. But thinking about the political and media efforts to de-humanise refugees, minorities and the poor, your post is an important reminder that this is the type of conversation humans should be having.

Pronouns: He/Him

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:15 - Apr 19 with 2822 viewsBlueBadger

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:00 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

It's invariably the same people who use 'do-gooder' and 'virtue signaller' as an insult.

As if somehow, doing nice things and being openly decent are BAD things.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:20 - Apr 19 with 2799 viewsMattinLondon

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:07 - Apr 19 by ArnoldMoorhen

Agreed, hence the need to define it positively, so that it is no longer an insult.

Retaliate with this:

"Woke just means opening your eyes. The opposite of woke is scrunching them shut, sticking your fingers in your ears, and hoping that the difficult problems go away. They won't."

See also:

"It's great being a snowflake, when we stick together we can really transform the landscape."

"I'd rather be politically correct than politically wrong all the time."

I have never understood why the term ‘do-goofier’ is used as an insult. It’s bad that someone wants to do good- bizarre.

Also, the biggest snowflakes tend to be the ones who pride themselves on ‘telling-it-like-it-is’. For example, Morgan who runs off in a huff when someone argues with him. Or even Tom Hunt, who simply blocks people who disagrees with his posts. And there have been a faire few posters on here who play that game as well.
Login to get fewer ads

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:26 - Apr 19 with 2757 viewsBlueBadger

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:20 - Apr 19 by MattinLondon

I have never understood why the term ‘do-goofier’ is used as an insult. It’s bad that someone wants to do good- bizarre.

Also, the biggest snowflakes tend to be the ones who pride themselves on ‘telling-it-like-it-is’. For example, Morgan who runs off in a huff when someone argues with him. Or even Tom Hunt, who simply blocks people who disagrees with his posts. And there have been a faire few posters on here who play that game as well.

I always enjoy the little treasures who hate people saying Howwid Things and using Bad Words but always disappear when prominent right wing figures are proposing awful things and speaking Actual Bigotry,

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:27 - Apr 19 with 2732 viewsblueasfook

So is the term "gammon" that woke people like to label anyone who doesn't agree with them.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:30 - Apr 19 with 2737 viewsBlueBadger

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:27 - Apr 19 by blueasfook

So is the term "gammon" that woke people like to label anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Ah yes. The REAL victims here. Angry racists.

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:32 - Apr 19 with 2726 viewsjeera

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:20 - Apr 19 by MattinLondon

Agree.

He was one of the friendlier Disney characters and doesn't deserve a bad press.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:32 - Apr 19 with 2727 viewsMattinLondon

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:27 - Apr 19 by blueasfook

Congrats on using a derisory term in order to make a point about another derisory term. You had an empty net and you missed.

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:33 - Apr 19 with 2715 viewsArnoldMoorhen

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:32 - Apr 19 by jeera

Agree.

He was one of the friendlier Disney characters and doesn't deserve a bad press.

I think he meant "Mark Goodier".
A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:35 - Apr 19 with 2701 viewsBlueBadger

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:32 - Apr 19 by MattinLondon

Congrats on using a derisory term in order to make a point about another derisory term. You had an empty net and you missed.

I don't why gammons object to the term anyway.

You'd think that people who hate Muslims as much as they do would be PLEASED to named after a pig product.

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:37 - Apr 19 with 2683 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I also hate the term. To me “woke” means “sleep ended.”

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:39 - Apr 19 with 2677 viewsfooters

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:35 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

You'd think that people who hate Muslims as much as they do would be PLEASED to named after a pig product.

Gammon is delicious. I'd love to be called a gammon.

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:50 - Apr 19 with 2616 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:37 - Apr 19 by BasingstokeBlue

I also hate the term. To me “woke” means “sleep ended.”

Awake to all the injustice and need to care for others.

Better to be sound asleep in their luxury. We are full; there is no room to care for anyone but themselves.

I don't like the term really but I would be pleased to be called it. It should not be insulting.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:04 - Apr 19 with 2583 viewsJ2BLUE

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:39 - Apr 19 by footers

Gammon is delicious. I'd love to be called a gammon.

Unless you eat it with salad like a weirdo.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:07 - Apr 19 with 2572 viewsfooters

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:04 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born. Now is the time of monsters who eat gammon with salad.

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:19 - Apr 19 with 2537 viewsEwan_Oozami

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:04 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

tbf - eggs with gammon could be a bit risky for you....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:21 - Apr 19 with 2503 viewsblueasfook

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 13:32 - Apr 19 by MattinLondon

"Woke" isn't derisory. Gammon is though.

TWTD Veteran

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:24 - Apr 19 with 2498 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:21 - Apr 19 by blueasfook

But gammons use the term woke in a derisory way.

Of course, I am not saying gammon in any way derisory to anyone and if the term woke is not derisory then there is no such thing as a gammon as I describe it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:26 - Apr 19 with 2473 viewsblueasfook

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:24 - Apr 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

But gammons use the term woke in a derisory way.

Of course, I am not saying gammon in any way derisory to anyone and if the term woke is not derisory then there is no such thing as a gammon as I describe it.

what if you are anti-woke and a vegetarian? You would find being called a gammon highly offensive. Especially as you eschew eating meat.

TWTD Veteran

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:29 - Apr 19 with 2475 viewsBlueBadger

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. on 14:21 - Apr 19 by blueasfook

A reminder to those who support the "Anti-Woke" agenda. by BlueBadger 19 Apr 2022 13:35

Anyway, I thought you knockabout non-PC types could handle some banta?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 14:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024