Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 419728 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:20 - Jan 13 with 5864 viewsStokieBlue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:12 - Jan 13 by Eireannach_gorm

It's like accounting, you just bring forward your expected future cashflows to make your numbers seem better.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:28 - Jan 13 with 5844 viewsEireannach_gorm

More spoils of the war.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:01 - Jan 13 with 5797 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:12 - Jan 13 with 5771 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:13 - Jan 13 with 5740 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:12 - Jan 13 by Eireannach_gorm

Reports suggest Russia has its key victory at Soledar. It’s important. The losses they have suffered are totally irrelevant. They can afford them. Ukraine cannot.

Whether Russia can sweep on and swallow more territory or consolidates for the offensive in a month or twos time will be interesting. My guess is consolidation while they bring in more kit and troops while smashing Ukraine’s infrastructure from afar.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:21 - Jan 13 with 5715 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:13 - Jan 13 by Churchman

Reports suggest Russia has its key victory at Soledar. It’s important. The losses they have suffered are totally irrelevant. They can afford them. Ukraine cannot.

Whether Russia can sweep on and swallow more territory or consolidates for the offensive in a month or twos time will be interesting. My guess is consolidation while they bring in more kit and troops while smashing Ukraine’s infrastructure from afar.

Terrifying. Is it possible the hardware the UK is sending can arrive in time to make any difference? It must be horrific to be Ukrainian, whether internally displaced, on the frontline or living abroad like those I know personally.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:09 - Jan 13 with 5667 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:21 - Jan 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Terrifying. Is it possible the hardware the UK is sending can arrive in time to make any difference? It must be horrific to be Ukrainian, whether internally displaced, on the frontline or living abroad like those I know personally.

A bit more than terrifying.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:18 - Jan 13 with 5639 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:21 - Jan 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

It feels like Russia is back on the front foot and western support is running out of energy. But maybe that’s just pessimism on my part. Ukrainian resistance has been mind boggling. I just don’t want to see it wasted.
Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:20 - Jan 13 with 5645 viewsKievthegreat

Most equipment that Ukraine is asking for will take time. You can't just deliver some tanks and say have fun. They need training for Ukrainian crews, new logistics supplies for the spare parts and ammo. If Britain decided today to supply a couple of companies worth of Challenger 2 tanks, it would probably be a couple of months before they hit the front line. Sure you could deliver them quicker, but if the crews aren't trained and the infrastructure isn't there to maintain them, they'll be ineffective.

Decisions being made now about what to supply won't be about the situation in the next few weeks but the next 6 months. It would seem however that the time for timid support is over and the provision of heavy weapons should be accelerated.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:34 - Jan 13 with 5611 viewsChorleyBoy

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:16 - Jan 13 by Eireannach_gorm

I am sure there are many things i could be critical of Ukraine but not regarding the current invasion by Russia. So I think we can safely say that we have clarified which side we both support. I would not regard your views as abusive just misguided and not evidence based.

Well, unlike you, I don't support either side. I'm on the site of peace. I'm both against Russia's aggression in Ukraine and the military support for Zelensky from NATO members which I think has achieved little more than promoting the death of a whole generation of a country's young men and the exodus of its women and children.

You will not find anything in my posts revelling in the progress or demise of either side in this conflict.

Unfortunately, all nations at war have a history of calling those who speak out for peace as apologists for the other side. The fact that I have been similarly labelled is no surprise, but disappointing all the same.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:36 - Jan 14 with 5425 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:34 - Jan 13 by ChorleyBoy

Well, unlike you, I don't support either side. I'm on the site of peace. I'm both against Russia's aggression in Ukraine and the military support for Zelensky from NATO members which I think has achieved little more than promoting the death of a whole generation of a country's young men and the exodus of its women and children.

You will not find anything in my posts revelling in the progress or demise of either side in this conflict.

Unfortunately, all nations at war have a history of calling those who speak out for peace as apologists for the other side. The fact that I have been similarly labelled is no surprise, but disappointing all the same.

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:36 - Jan 14 with 5423 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:34 - Jan 13 by ChorleyBoy

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:44 - Jan 14 with 5415 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So the Russian invasion is unjustified but for the sake of peace Ukraine should surrender?

Is that about it?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:46 - Jan 14 with 5388 viewsKropotkin123

I'm not on Ukrainian's side. I don't support them invading Russia. I am for the defense of nations within Europe against invasions. By not supporting the defense of smaller nations, you support the aggressor. In this case that is Russia.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:28 - Jan 16 with 5269 viewsEireannach_gorm

Putin says Russian military operation is going well.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-it-launched-missile-strikes-aga

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:20 - Jan 16 with 5143 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:28 - Jan 16 by Eireannach_gorm

Putin says Russian military operation is going well.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-it-launched-missile-strikes-aga

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/russian-soldier-kills-own-comrades-as-he-bl

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:24 - Jan 16 with 5136 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:44 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

So the Russian invasion is unjustified but for the sake of peace Ukraine should surrender?

Is that about it?

Is this a fair summary of your position, Chorley? And, if not, please do explain what you think Ukraine and the West's response should be instead.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:58 - Jan 17 with 5023 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:20 - Jan 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/russian-soldier-kills-own-comrades-as-he-bl

This is more deliberate.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:57 - Jan 17 with 4993 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:24 - Jan 17 with 4946 viewsChurchman

What I detest about comments like this is the implication that anyone not supporting the ‘give peace a chance’ or more pointedly nobody is in the wrong. So Ukraine should just give in and be swallowed Czechoslovakia style and anyone against this is a warmonger.

I think you will find nobody wanted any of this, apart from a stupid little man and his useful idiots in the Kremlin. Only crazy people don’t want peace. But not at any price. Sometimes you have to stop the Putins of this world. History is littered with scum like him. Nobody is revelling in the demise of anybody. I’ll give you one though. If Putin is killed, I’ll enjoy a drink to celebrate.

I’ve no doubt that your peace at any price approach gives you a feeling of the moral high ground. Well done, I’m sure it’s a bracing sort of feeling for you.

As far as I can tell, your solution to an aggressor is to give them what they want. Nobody gets hurt then and everyone can get on with there lives. Simple, as long as you are not personally affected I presume.

Given what that piece of dirt Putin is, would you ever say ‘no more’? Do you believe he will ever stop trying to fulfil his insane dreams? Do you care? With the equivalence stance you take, that makes you an apologist in my view.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 18:27]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:43 - Jan 18 with 4824 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:57 - Jan 17 by Eireannach_gorm

Kateryna was deaf from birth and unlike other victims couldn’t call for help

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/01/17/a-woman-was-rescued-from-under-the-rubble
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:37 - Jan 18 with 4763 viewsEireannach_gorm

Not a good picture.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:58 - Jan 18 with 4742 viewsEireannach_gorm

Russia is clearly morally bankrupt.

https://tvpworld.com/65709915/russian-court-upholds-5year-gulag-sentence-for-tee

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-mercenary-beat-mother-death-buried-hero-i
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:22 - Jan 18 with 4730 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:58 - Jan 18 by Eireannach_gorm

Russia is clearly morally bankrupt.

https://tvpworld.com/65709915/russian-court-upholds-5year-gulag-sentence-for-tee

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-mercenary-beat-mother-death-buried-hero-i

Great news for Russia and its apologists today though, sadly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64315594

The Poles think Russia is planning a fresh offensive. They have the kit and more than enough men for at worst a WW1 style attack. Fake news? I guess the answer will depend on how much Ukraine has left. Such brave people.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:22 - Jan 18 with 4667 viewsbluejacko

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:18 - Jan 13 by Churchman

It feels like Russia is back on the front foot and western support is running out of energy. But maybe that’s just pessimism on my part. Ukrainian resistance has been mind boggling. I just don’t want to see it wasted.

The Russian army hasn’t taken Soleda it was the Wagner group! They have advanced probably 5kms at most and are still getting hit by Ukr artillery. After 10 months they still haven’t taken Bakmut so to say the tide is turning is a bit drastic. There will always be ebb and flow on any battlefield and further up in Kremina it appears the Ukr are very near or actually in the town! The orcs manage to advance in metres the Ukr does 10s of Kms!
With the amount of hardware now coming in I wouldn’t rule out Ukr going on the offensive in the south before long👍(Please excuse the spelling of the towns🙄)
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 23:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024