Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? 13:55 - Apr 26 with 8411 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Don't seem to be ANY slots available online, so I've asked for a callback to see what my options might be. Suddenly need it for work... and realised my passport expires in 5 months. So close!

Any help gratefully received!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 13:55 - Apr 27 with 1629 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 13:54 - Apr 27 by jeera

Well that's clearly his own fault.

He should have been more organised and renewed it 5 years sooner or something just to make sure.

At last, a sensible reply.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 13:56 - Apr 27 with 1654 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 10:00 - Apr 27 by ArnoldMoorhen

Some people are wired differently and planning that far in advance doesn't cross their mind. They deal with what is in front of then, when it is in front of them.

Something like a passport, which is (for most people) only used once or twice a year can seem to have a very long expiry date, but this stronger emphasis on both date of issue and 6 months+ expiry date now the consequences of Brexit are being implemented strictly, is catching lot of people out.

Don't know what Tvvatasfook has said but I imagine from your reply it's similar to JJJJ. As mentioned above, it's not even lack of planning - I had no intention of going abroad, it's literally just come up.

Although I guess some people are so perfect they plan for every eventuality in life.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 13:59 - Apr 27 with 1637 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 13:56 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

Don't know what Tvvatasfook has said but I imagine from your reply it's similar to JJJJ. As mentioned above, it's not even lack of planning - I had no intention of going abroad, it's literally just come up.

Although I guess some people are so perfect they plan for every eventuality in life.

Hee hee! Dont forget to buy a new suit for your business trip.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:21 - Apr 27 with 1604 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 09:15 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

I haven't sat around for two years moaning I can't travel and had no intention of travelling. See above.

I don't know what JJJJ has said as I have him on ignore but I imagine it was something abusive and not at all helpful.

If I was trying to be helpful I’d probably tell you to Google and call CIBT, or something that can read this could do the same. Sorry that you don’t like dealing with facts when it came to cloth masks and Covid you should probably put Lucan on ignore as well then!
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:24 - Apr 27 with 1600 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 08:10 - Apr 27 by mikeybloo88

Quite right JJJJ.... my passport was due to expire May22 but I renewed it in Jan21 when no one was thinking of travelling and the passport offices were quiet. Figured it was worth getting in early as travel would be opening up again and exactly this current situation might occur. Got it back within a week....can’t believe some people have sat around for two years moaning about not being able to travel and don’t have the foresight to check their passports and be ready.

Yeah, I travelled internationally a lot throughout for Covid various reasons but I can never understand why someone wouldn’t always keep their passport up to date.
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:36 - Apr 27 with 1591 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

https://cibtvisas.co.uk/passports-new
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:40 - Apr 27 with 1551 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 13:29 - Apr 27 by ElderGrizzly

A lot of countries are changing to digital 'stamps' too, so you don't/won't even get the stamp in the passport where you always did.

We will all be chipped soon so wont even need a document. You'll just get scanned as you pass through passport control.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:45 - Apr 27 with 1555 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 13:56 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

You might want to take JJJ off ignore as he has posted you a very useful link

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:53 - Apr 27 with 1552 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:36 - Apr 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

https://cibtvisas.co.uk/passports-new

"CIBTvisas will charge a service fee of £238.00 excl. VAT. This is in addition to the government fee of £177 for standard 34 pages passport or £187 for frequent flyer 50 pages passport."

That made made me go both "Ouch!" and "lol"

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:16 - Apr 27 with 1544 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:53 - Apr 27 by blueasfook

"CIBTvisas will charge a service fee of £238.00 excl. VAT. This is in addition to the government fee of £177 for standard 34 pages passport or £187 for frequent flyer 50 pages passport."

That made made me go both "Ouch!" and "lol"

I previously suggested that Dolly was irresponsible by letting his passport expire.

I just thought I might take the Mrs away for a short holiday and found that her passport ran out in 2019!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:24 - Apr 27 with 1523 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:16 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

I previously suggested that Dolly was irresponsible by letting his passport expire.

I just thought I might take the Mrs away for a short holiday and found that her passport ran out in 2019!

Oh dear. Good news is online applications arent taking so long. I did one at beginning of april and it's all at final stages now. Should have new passport in my hands next week. So in total, should be about 5 week turnaround.

10 weeks they're quoting is worst case I think.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:27 - Apr 27 with 1524 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:24 - Apr 27 by blueasfook

Oh dear. Good news is online applications arent taking so long. I did one at beginning of april and it's all at final stages now. Should have new passport in my hands next week. So in total, should be about 5 week turnaround.

10 weeks they're quoting is worst case I think.

Oh dear indeed!

I'll look into this, to save me looking it all up, how does the photo thing work, does the pooter take the picture during the application?
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 17:27]

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:30 - Apr 27 with 1510 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:27 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

Oh dear indeed!

I'll look into this, to save me looking it all up, how does the photo thing work, does the pooter take the picture during the application?

nah you just get your missus to take one of you on your phone or something and upload on the form.

Some AI thing then analyses the photo and tells you if it's good or not. Its quite strict. Took me a few goes to get it accepted. Either that or get one done at a passport photo place and make sure they give you a digital copy.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:33 - Apr 27 with 1505 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:30 - Apr 27 by blueasfook

nah you just get your missus to take one of you on your phone or something and upload on the form.

Some AI thing then analyses the photo and tells you if it's good or not. Its quite strict. Took me a few goes to get it accepted. Either that or get one done at a passport photo place and make sure they give you a digital copy.

Oh it's for your missus isnt it!

in that case, you take the photo of your missus then. be prepared to spend about an hour faffing about with it!

It's OK.... on 17:43 - Apr 27 with 1495 viewsBloots

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:33 - Apr 27 by blueasfook

in that case, you take the photo of your missus then. be prepared to spend about an hour faffing about with it!

....I'll email him the one's I've got.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:44 - Apr 27 with 1498 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:33 - Apr 27 by blueasfook

What I was getting at was - if she is with me does the pooter take the photo?

I think when I applied for my last visa the camera on the computer took the photo

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:45 - Apr 27 with 1494 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:16 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

I must've missed you suggesting that you cheeky scamp! I've explained several times I had no intentions of travelling abroad. I had no idea my ad idea would be chosen, had no idea that if it was they'd be shooting it abroad, and even after all that they don't usually take freelancers to these things.

Anyway, here we are, ho hum.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:50 - Apr 27 with 1491 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:44 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

What I was getting at was - if she is with me does the pooter take the photo?

I think when I applied for my last visa the camera on the computer took the photo

No, it doesn't hook up to your pootercam. You upload an image in JPEG format or whatever. It has to be taken against a plain background, etc. The rules are explained on the form
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 17:50]

It's OK.... on 17:55 - Apr 27 with 1472 viewsblueasfook

It's OK.... on 17:43 - Apr 27 by Bloots

....I'll email him the one's I've got.

Post them here first. I can tell you if they'll be accepted.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 19:21 - Apr 27 with 1457 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:45 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

I must've missed you suggesting that you cheeky scamp! I've explained several times I had no intentions of travelling abroad. I had no idea my ad idea would be chosen, had no idea that if it was they'd be shooting it abroad, and even after all that they don't usually take freelancers to these things.

Doesn’t matter really if you plan to travel or not IMHO, you never know when you might need to so I think it’s important to keep on top of this.

As you say, “You had no idea”!

Ultimately though I’m sort of responsible for Lady Lucans passport being out of date. We have blue jobs and pink jobs in Lucan Towers and passports are a blue job.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 19:37 - Apr 27 with 1446 viewslongtimefan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:45 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

I’ve been caught out before as my Passport is my only form of photo ID I possess. I needed it for a legal matter and they wouldn’t accept it as it was out of date!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 9:20]
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 09:52 - Apr 28 with 1385 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 19:21 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

Doesn’t matter really if you plan to travel or not IMHO, you never know when you might need to so I think it’s important to keep on top of this.

As you say, “You had no idea”!

Ultimately though I’m sort of responsible for Lady Lucans passport being out of date. We have blue jobs and pink jobs in Lucan Towers and passports are a blue job.

Blue for boys and pink for girls?

Haha! Old school.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 09:58 - Apr 28 with 1385 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:27 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

Oh dear indeed!

Update : Got a text from TNT this morning to say my passport will be delivered today. So about 28 days it took in all.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 10:22 - Apr 28 with 1368 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 09:58 - Apr 28 by blueasfook

Update : Got a text from TNT this morning to say my passport will be delivered today. So about 28 days it took in all.

That's not bad - but I fear it's going to get worse.

I think I'll have to wait until we get the renewal before I book anywhere - which is very frustrating as I was going to use the holiday as a bargaining chip against an end of May Amsterdam soiree.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 10:55 - Apr 28 with 1351 viewsblueasfook

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 10:22 - Apr 28 by Lord_Lucan

That's not bad - but I fear it's going to get worse.

I think I'll have to wait until we get the renewal before I book anywhere - which is very frustrating as I was going to use the holiday as a bargaining chip against an end of May Amsterdam soiree.

Can it not go "in the bank" as it were?

I fancy a trip out to Dam myself later in the year as it happens. Probably go september/october time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024