Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things no longer seen in football grounds 08:03 - May 26 with 7654 viewsChurchman

Toilet rolls chucked in the goal - far too valuable
Rattles
Rosettes
Smoking
Blue mobility vehicles around the pitch
St John Ambulance stretcher bearers - in ITFCs case, one a lot bigger than the other.
The bucket and sponge
The sheepskin coated manager
Letters for half time scores.

Any others?

Ah, the good ole days.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 8:05]
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 20:22 - May 26 with 1663 viewsMullet

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 19:39 - May 26 by gosblue

Scalding hot Bovril and meat pies whose gravy burnt your chin if you dribbled.
Huge Wagon Wheels.
Flat caps
All Goalkeepers in long sleeves (it used to be a rule).
Printed team sheets
Mohicans
Military bands
Hooligans
Doc Martins
Bay City Rollers look alikes

Flat caps you say?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 20:36 - May 26 with 1634 viewshjerman

Scouse hair cuts
Horizontal pin striped purple Jumpers tucked into jeans
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 20:38 - May 26 with 1626 viewsVeggie

A police officer
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 20:52 - May 26 with 1598 viewsFearon

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 20:38 - May 26 by Veggie

A police officer

North Stand scoreboard sponsored by Broseley Homes with little spud shaped cartoon men celebrating a goal.

Not in the ground but I really miss the old club shop on PR…..as a kid I was overwhelmed by the amount of ITFC treasure laid out before me! The place was more like a large cupboard than a shop.
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 06:37 - May 27 with 1497 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Having a turnstile that says "Boys - 1/-"
Having Herbie Ladd sitting behind shouting "Git stuck in" every 5 minutes to Chopper Jefferson
And at Hampden Park for the Home Internationals:
a 300 yard queue for the off licence next to the ground
Scotsmen standing on the street outside p1ssing in the gutters
Scotsmen on the terrace with a brown paper bag containing a half bottle of scotch and 2 huge bottles of Guinness

Poll: would you rather

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 07:00 - May 27 with 1492 viewsjontysnut

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 20:06 - May 26 by ellaandred

Goalkeepers in long sleeves, yes it was a rule.
Well, remembered !!
A well deserved uppie
[Post edited 26 May 2022 20:06]

Goalies in Green jerseys and no gloves.

Orange balls and snow

Tartan flasks, plastic macs and blankets...oh..
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 07:55 - May 27 with 1474 viewsBluespeed225

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 20:52 - May 26 by Fearon

North Stand scoreboard sponsored by Broseley Homes with little spud shaped cartoon men celebrating a goal.

Not in the ground but I really miss the old club shop on PR…..as a kid I was overwhelmed by the amount of ITFC treasure laid out before me! The place was more like a large cupboard than a shop.

That shop was the nuts to a 10 year old! Cushions, tankards, mugs, a colour pic of every squad member, note books, pencils, anything you desired!
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 08:05 - May 27 with 1462 viewstrncbluearmy

ITFC beating the scum but...............

Login to get fewer ads

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 19:17 - May 27 with 1371 viewsDJR

Broken metal barriers, which happened in the North Stand during the Leeds game when there were 3,000 more in the ground than the capacity.
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 19:18 - May 27 with 1370 viewsfranz_tyson

Real tea from tea urns.
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 19:35 - May 27 with 1367 viewsSwansea_Blue

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 15:22 - May 26 by ellaandred

Half time police dog display's

Some poor sod legging it down the pitch chased by a blood thirsty Alsatian. TWTD!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 20:24 - May 27 with 1340 viewsellaandred

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 19:35 - May 27 by Swansea_Blue

Some poor sod legging it down the pitch chased by a blood thirsty Alsatian. TWTD!

Yes I remember one poor sod getting bitten and the public address system gave a 'hospital' update!!
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 20:27 - May 27 with 1336 viewsKeno

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 19:17 - May 27 by DJR

Broken metal barriers, which happened in the North Stand during the Leeds game when there were 3,000 more in the ground than the capacity.

I think that should read "were at least 3,000 more in the ground than the capacity"

I suspect 38.010 was a little on the conservative side!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 21:52 - May 27 with 1302 viewsArthur_Hayes

The best footballs ever made -

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 09:52 - May 28 with 1206 viewsPlums

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 11:28 - May 26 by STYG

Dennis!

The lovely old boy that used to walk round the pitch selling Golden Goals!

Or ‘Garden gnome’ as it used to sound from the back of the stand.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 10:55 - May 28 with 1188 viewsLord_Lucan

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 11:20 - May 26 by ellaandred

Public address announcements,like, 'Would Mr X please go to the Ipswich General Hospital as his wife's gone into labour '

Ha ha, I remember them.

One of them was something like - Would Mr Jones of Acacia Avenue please go home immediately as your house is on fire.

Boiled burgers - with boiled onions
Woollen blue gloves with a couple of white stripes
P1ssing where you stand
Coins
Vouchers
Cash turnstiles - how much money must have been nicked?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 11:04 - May 28 with 1180 viewsRadlett_blue

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 10:55 - May 28 by Lord_Lucan

Ha ha, I remember them.

One of them was something like - Would Mr Jones of Acacia Avenue please go home immediately as your house is on fire.

P1ssing where you stand
Coins
Vouchers

I remember an announcement that Mr Fred Jones (or such like) might want to know that his hot dog stand is on fire.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 11:22 - May 28 with 1172 viewsellaandred

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 10:55 - May 28 by Lord_Lucan

Ha ha, I remember them.

P1ssing where you stand
Coins
Vouchers

House on fire, that's a good reason to leave the game.
I shouldn't....... but it did make me laugh !!!
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 11:23 - May 28 with 1170 viewsChurchman

A fence down half of North Stand
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 13:00 - May 28 with 1136 viewsGeoffSentence

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 11:20 - May 26 by ellaandred

Public address announcements,like, 'Would Mr X please go to the Ipswich General Hospital as his wife's gone into labour '

My favourite was "Would Kieron Dyer's mum please come to the changing room"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 13:34 - May 28 with 1129 viewsLord_Lucan

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 11:04 - May 28 by Radlett_blue

I remember an announcement that Mr Fred Jones (or such like) might want to know that his hot dog stand is on fire.

Another one from when we were playing Liverpool

Ladies and gentlemen, there are pickpockets operating within the stadium.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 11:48 - Jun 3 with 975 viewsbrazil1982

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 19:18 - May 27 by franz_tyson

Real tea from tea urns.

I do wonder why this doesn't happen. Quicker, cheaper and less waste.
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 14:37 - Jun 3 with 896 viewsBloomBlue

People wearing covid masks.
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 09:23 - Jun 5 with 716 viewsDJR

Things no longer seen in football grounds on 11:48 - Jun 3 by brazil1982

I do wonder why this doesn't happen. Quicker, cheaper and less waste.

And the water is fresher. I've had tea a couple of times in SBR this season and on both occasions the water was stale which suggests they don't empty the tanks after a game, or don't run the water for long enough before filling them.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 9:26]
Things no longer seen in football grounds on 10:17 - Jun 5 with 692 viewsJamestownPrince

Light blue Invacars
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024