Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. 18:29 - Jul 1 with 2270 viewsSitfcB

…I look forward to Lucans story about it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 18:45 - Jul 1 with 2211 viewsGavTWTD

Just need a little patience

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 18:50 - Jul 1 with 2171 viewsgtsb1966

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 18:45 - Jul 1 by GavTWTD

Just need a little patience

Good job it's summer. Imagine queuing in the cold November rain.
Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:01 - Jul 1 with 2140 viewsstonojnr

like Axl will be on time anyway.
Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:36 - Jul 1 with 2089 viewsBlueBadger

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 18:50 - Jul 1 by gtsb1966

Good job it's summer. Imagine queuing in the cold November rain.

I once got caught in queue to see GnR with the former manager of Barrow, Hull and Southend, Phil.

We were waiting a while and he got quite snippy with the lads on the door. I really didn't care for Mr Brown's Tone.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:37 - Jul 1 with 2082 viewsBlueBadger

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:36 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

I once got caught in queue to see GnR with the former manager of Barrow, Hull and Southend, Phil.

We were waiting a while and he got quite snippy with the lads on the door. I really didn't care for Mr Brown's Tone.

That's the thing with GnR puns. It's So Easy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:40 - Jul 1 with 2067 viewsSwansea_Blue

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:37 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

That's the thing with GnR puns. It's So Easy.

You’re Crazy

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:42 - Jul 1 with 2064 viewsSwansea_Blue

I couldn’t bring myself to go to one of their gigs now, as they’re a poor impression of what the were in their prime. Best band I’ve ever seen live and I’m not going to ruin those memories.

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:44 - Jul 1 with 2050 viewstextbackup

Almost definitely his fault they’ve had to delay it…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:45 - Jul 1 with 2045 viewsBlueBadger

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:42 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

I couldn’t bring myself to go to one of their gigs now, as they’re a poor impression of what the were in their prime. Best band I’ve ever seen live and I’m not going to ruin those memories.

I saw one of their Wembley shows in '92.

It would have been VERY easy for them to have been blown away by support acts Soundgarden and Faith No More. The fact that they weren't specs volumes for their peak as a live act.

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:48 - Jul 1 with 2028 viewsSwansea_Blue

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:45 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

I saw one of their Wembley shows in '92.

It would have been VERY easy for them to have been blown away by support acts Soundgarden and Faith No More. The fact that they weren't specs volumes for their peak as a live act.

I was at the Gateshead Arena date on the same tour. Doubly exciting for me as that was the furthest north I’d been and the natives were ‘interesting’.

It’s difficult to think of a better lineup than those 3 in their peak.

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 20:20 - Jul 1 with 1960 viewsBlueBadger

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:48 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

I was at the Gateshead Arena date on the same tour. Doubly exciting for me as that was the furthest north I’d been and the natives were ‘interesting’.

It’s difficult to think of a better lineup than those 3 in their peak.

Only one of those three that would go on to top where they were in '92 was Soundgarden. GnR imploded and FNM vanished, sacked Back Sick Ugly Jim and then made the execrable 'King For A Day'.

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 12:40 - Jul 2 with 1699 viewsLord_Lucan

Ah man

We tried to get the train out of WHL but it was obvious there was no chance of getting back to Liverpool St even by the midnight Colchester train

So - we did what any sensible person would do and found a late bar and then got a taxi back to Ipswich.

Edit. Oh, I was talking about after and not before. We breezed in, mind you we were late and they were in full flow by the time we got in.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 12:50]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 12:46 - Jul 2 with 1672 viewsElephantintheRoom

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:36 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

Must have been a sunny day because Phil got quite a tan

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 12:53 - Jul 2 with 1647 viewsElephantintheRoom

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 19:42 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

You could say the same about Ipswich Town. 😀

I tend to agree - but rather more curious was some bloke on here admitting he’d paid over £100 to see some geriatrics doing a grey imitation of what the stones once were in Hyde Park - and the curiosity of an 80 yr old headlining the poseurfest at Glastonbury.

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 12:58 - Jul 2 with 1638 viewsLord_Lucan

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 12:53 - Jul 2 by ElephantintheRoom

You could say the same about Ipswich Town. 😀

I tend to agree - but rather more curious was some bloke on here admitting he’d paid over £100 to see some geriatrics doing a grey imitation of what the stones once were in Hyde Park - and the curiosity of an 80 yr old headlining the poseurfest at Glastonbury.

Is disrespecting old bands the cool thing now?

£100 to see The Stones? Bargain

Who doesn’t want to see The Stones.

Last time I saw them was 10 years ago - took the whole family and had one of the best days of my life.

It’s all about making memories - can’t think of much better to do with 100 quid

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 14:31 - Jul 2 with 1496 viewsElephantintheRoom

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 12:58 - Jul 2 by Lord_Lucan

Is disrespecting old bands the cool thing now?

£100 to see The Stones? Bargain

Who doesn’t want to see The Stones.

Last time I saw them was 10 years ago - took the whole family and had one of the best days of my life.

It’s all about making memories - can’t think of much better to do with 100 quid

Each to their own. As the original poster said many (most?) of those who saw bands at their peak find old blokes posturing with some subs to replace the dead and missing a bit odd and not for them

Seeing the stones for nowt in Hyde Park was more of a bargain. And we got butterflies

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 15:20 - Jul 2 with 1441 viewsGlasgowBlue

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 14:31 - Jul 2 by ElephantintheRoom

Each to their own. As the original poster said many (most?) of those who saw bands at their peak find old blokes posturing with some subs to replace the dead and missing a bit odd and not for them

Seeing the stones for nowt in Hyde Park was more of a bargain. And we got butterflies

That's all well and good but unless somebody was 16 or over in 1968 then it's very unlikely that they saw the original Rolling Stones play live.

I took my boy to see the Stones on his 18th birthday in 2018. No Brian Jones or Bill Wyman but the show was fantastic and with modern production techniques, big screens and visuals, he saw a much better show than he would have done in 1968.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 15:31 - Jul 2 with 1421 viewsjaykay

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 14:31 - Jul 2 by ElephantintheRoom

back in the day you only got hear 2 stones songs at the gaumont, mind you got to see the everly brothers ,bo diddley and little richard thrown in as well

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 15:51 - Jul 2 with 1397 viewsLord_Lucan

Exactly, each to their own. Good job we aren't all the same eh?

Personally, I like a good day / night out and I'm interested to see how relative youngster Unbelievablue get's on seeing them tomorrow.

I'll text him and ask him to make a temporary comeback.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 16:54]

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 09:40 - Jul 3 with 1144 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Mate of mine went and reckoned Axl Rose was so out of shape he had to keep going off stage for a rest.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 09:46 - Jul 3 with 1131 viewsdickie

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 15:20 - Jul 2 by GlasgowBlue

That's all well and good but unless somebody was 16 or over in 1968 then it's very unlikely that they saw the original Rolling Stones play live.

I took my boy to see the Stones on his 18th birthday in 2018. No Brian Jones or Bill Wyman but the show was fantastic and with modern production techniques, big screens and visuals, he saw a much better show than he would have done in 1968.

Isn't Bill Wyman the noncey one?
Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 15:25 - Jul 3 with 988 viewsLord_Lucan

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 09:46 - Jul 3 by dickie

Isn't Bill Wyman the noncey one?

I think Bill met Mandy Smith when she was 13 and it was kept relatively under wraps until she was 16, they married when she was 18.

Pretty sure Bills son ended up dating Mandy’s mum.

Apart from all that I believe everything was quite normal.

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 15:31 - Jul 3 with 976 viewsGlasgowBlue

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 15:25 - Jul 3 by Lord_Lucan

I think Bill met Mandy Smith when she was 13 and it was kept relatively under wraps until she was 16, they married when she was 18.

Pretty sure Bills son ended up dating Mandy’s mum.

Apart from all that I believe everything was quite normal.

We could go on the hovercraft
Across the water
They'll think I'm your dad
And you're my daughter

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 18:32 - Jul 3 with 893 viewsNthQldITFC

I presume it's people trying to get out?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 18:42 - Jul 3 with 867 viewsdickie

Twitter full of tweets about people stuck outside WHL before Guns and Roses.. on 15:31 - Jul 3 by GlasgowBlue

We could go on the hovercraft
Across the water
They'll think I'm your dad
And you're my daughter

Jesus Christ!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024