Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are the goals in this side ? 10:45 - Jul 12 with 2665 viewsDMDC

l just dont see them as it stands. Ladapo 12-15, Jackson(if fit) isnt going from a 5 goal a season striker to 20+ any day soon and then there is the kid from Arsenal( if fit), who has no real record at all. Chaplin around 10, Burns around 10, just not enough. If as people are saying we may have to wait until late August before we can get another striker in then we may be playing catch up like last season. We could be 6 games in and off the pace. We need to hit the ground running and l just dont see it with this current squad.
Where are the goals in this side ? on 11:57 - Jul 12 with 746 viewsitfcsuth

Where are the goals in this side ? on 11:44 - Jul 12 by SitfcB

Bit harsh. I think it’s a valid thread.

I mentioned that I thought it wasn't the most unreasonable question to ask on his last thread.

This is the 3rd thread asking similar questions in the last 3 weeks though. I don't think we need to redo the same thread over again.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 15:36]
(No subject) on 12:01 - Jul 12 with 735 viewsSitfcB

Where are the goals in this side ? on 11:57 - Jul 12 by itfcsuth

I mentioned that I thought it wasn't the most unreasonable question to ask on his last thread.

This is the 3rd thread asking similar questions in the last 3 weeks though. I don't think we need to redo the same thread over again.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 15:36]

Hadn’t seen he had done two identical threads before

[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 12:02]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Where are the goals in this side ? on 12:02 - Jul 12 with 730 viewsNthQldITFC

If we are six games into the season before we get another striker, do you think we might be playing catch-up again? Can you see where the goals are coming from with this squad?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Where are the goals in this side ? on 12:11 - Jul 12 with 703 viewsWD19

Where are the goals in this side ? on 11:22 - Jul 12 by jayessess

Nothing to worry about for me.

How many goals you score is down to how you work as a team rather than totting up how many you think any individual gets.

Of the top 10 goalscorers in the division last season, just one had scored 15+ league goals the season before, five of them hadn't even made 10.

I'm pretty confident we'll be absolute murder for other teams to break down or get the ball off. We won't need to rack up 4 goals a game to take points.

As it stands we've got four players in the squad who have posted 10-goal seasons at this level or higher within the last three seasons anyway (Jackson, Ladapo, Chaplin, Burns).

Jackson's best at this level is 11 in 32.

The last time John-Jules had significant playing time in this league, he scored 5 in 13 starts.

You don't need lots of players to post big individual numbers to get promoted. Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland had just 2 each.

My concern is that playing controlled football and winning 1-0 very quickly risks tipping over into too many draws.........and draws don't get you out of this division. To be in the top 2 we need to be winning pretty much every week.

I think it is a big concern currently. Plus, purely as a fan, its much more fun winning 4-2 than it is 1-0.
Where are the goals in this side ? on 12:28 - Jul 12 with 653 viewsLeoMuff

We are clearly after a striker as all the links to Hirst show, and with Chaplin, Ladapo, John Jules and Jackson that should be more than enough for league 1

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Where are the goals in this side ? on 12:42 - Jul 12 with 626 viewsThe_Realist_09

Ladapo had a better goals per 90 ratio than Michael Smith last season. I also think that people are sleeping on Jackson, he was excellent under Mckenna, performance and stats wise, no reason he cant get 15 if used regularly.

On top of that, we are obviously still in the market for a forward in the Hirst mould. I was impressed by Hirst at PR, very mobile for a tall lad.
Where are the goals in this side ? on 12:56 - Jul 12 with 605 viewsIllinoisblue

We need to threaten/create/score more from corners and free kicks. That is an absolute must.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where are the goals in this side ? on 13:02 - Jul 12 with 594 viewstimothyeo

As it stands, a very valid post. But I'd think we're quite close to a signing or we wouldn't have let Pigott go.
Login to get fewer ads

Where are the goals in this side ? on 13:11 - Jul 12 with 580 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Where are the goals in this side ? on 11:44 - Jul 12 by SitfcB

Bit harsh. I think it’s a valid thread.

It'd be valid if the season were starting tomorrow, not in 3 week's time and with Ashton already stating more players will be coming in.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 13:11]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Where are the goals in this side ? on 13:25 - Jul 12 with 555 viewsSTYG

Oh goodie. It's you again. With this again.

You realise that we don't add up last seasons goals and that's how many we get next season?

What would you have said before 14/15? Murphy isn't going to hit double figures? Or would have have been 12-15 like Ladapo?

Maybe Chaplin would have got 15-20 last season and had a bad year hey.

Last season you'd have been convinced that Piggott would get 20? What about in October? Bonne was on course for about 40. So that's good.

It's another season. Players will do better or worse than the last. Some signings will exceed expectations like Burns (who the EADT suggested was our 12th best signing out of 19) and nobody really argued. Some will do worse (like Pigott and Fraser who EADT suggested would be in the top 5 signings we made - guess what, they weren't!).

We scored THREE goals less than Rotherham who went up and over the time McKenna was here we had a better defence than them! So you could argue we don't even need more goals. But I am very confident we will score a lot more.
Where are the goals in this side ? on 13:38 - Jul 12 with 542 viewsjayessess

Where are the goals in this side ? on 12:11 - Jul 12 by WD19

My concern is that playing controlled football and winning 1-0 very quickly risks tipping over into too many draws.........and draws don't get you out of this division. To be in the top 2 we need to be winning pretty much every week.

I think it is a big concern currently. Plus, purely as a fan, its much more fun winning 4-2 than it is 1-0.

27 wins for the top 2 last season, so more like win 59% of your games to be precise.

Controlled 1-0 wins tip just as easily into 2-0 and 3-0 wins as they do draws really. Being solid defensively gives you freedom to develop your attacking play and space behind the opposition if they decide to chase the game. Being poor defensively also costs you a lot of unnecessary draws (as we saw to our cost last season).

But beyond that I'm just not convinced that you can easily read off our attacking potency by deciding how many each individual is going to score. KM will have been working on our attacking shape, our patterns of play and on individual players. I'm pretty confident that even without further additions we'll be more potent than last season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Where are the goals in this side ? on 15:30 - Jul 12 with 488 viewsBondiBlue

Where are the goals in this side ? on 11:04 - Jul 12 by DMDC

Its sad when someone asks a question and you get replies like this. Just because someone may have a concern they have to be a budgie. If you cant be constructive in your answer then please be quiet.

I can do constructive. Everything will be fine. We have supportive owners, a good manager and a good squad. We just need a celina replacement (ideally celina) and we'll have signed players in all the positions we agreed we needed at the end of last season.

Also, try to enjoy the build-up to a new season. This is the time when every football supporter in the land is supposed to believe that their team's going to win the league.

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024