Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO twtd tories (or former tories) 19:48 - Jul 11 with 2083 viewsDubtractor

Who out of the current list of candidates would get your vote?

To my mind they all seem terrible, though I'd never vote tory in a general election anyway so my thoughts are as irrelevant as it is possible to be.

Sunak at least isn't making stupid promises about tax that aren't remotely sustainable, and he doesn't seem as interested in culture war bullsh1t as most of the others, so I think he'd just about be my preference. Tugendhat seems OK, but no chance he'll win. Did you know he was in the army by the way?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 19:56 - Jul 11 with 1428 viewsSwansea_Blue

The leadership campaign is irrelevant for most Tory voters too. I wish they’d keep all us out of it; it’s a complete waste of our time. Presumably testing voter reaction is part of the process? Fk knows, but whatever the reason they go public it’s desperately painful.

As you were though. It would be interesting to hear if anyone thinks there’s a single redeeming quality amongst the lot of them!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:12 - Jul 11 with 1365 viewsGlasgowBlue

If I had a vote then I'd cast it for Tugendhat.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:13 - Jul 11 with 1367 viewsKeno

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:12 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

so would I

shame Portillo couldn't stand

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:13 - Jul 11 with 1363 viewsGlasgowBlue

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 19:56 - Jul 11 by Swansea_Blue

The leadership campaign is irrelevant for most Tory voters too. I wish they’d keep all us out of it; it’s a complete waste of our time. Presumably testing voter reaction is part of the process? Fk knows, but whatever the reason they go public it’s desperately painful.

As you were though. It would be interesting to hear if anyone thinks there’s a single redeeming quality amongst the lot of them!

Whoever wins will be Prime Minister. So I think it's only right that they are tested in televised public debates.

Iron Lion Zion

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:15 - Jul 11 with 1363 viewsKeno

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:13 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

Whoever wins will be Prime Minister. So I think it's only right that they are tested in televised public debates.

Shame it cant be by one of those 'Battle Royal' wresting contests

although if it was my money would be on Priti "the Punisher' Patel

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:20 - Jul 11 with 1342 viewsGlasgowBlue

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:13 - Jul 11 by Keno

so would I

shame Portillo couldn't stand

Even bigger shame that Rory Stewart is no longer a Tory MP.

Iron Lion Zion

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:21 - Jul 11 with 1342 viewsKeno

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:20 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

Even bigger shame that Rory Stewart is no longer a Tory MP.

yes although I always thought he make an excellent leader of the Lib Dems!!

certainly better than bloke who comes across as Tim Vines unfunny older brother

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:25 - Jul 11 with 1331 viewsSwansea_Blue

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:13 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

I’d agree with that if they were testing their suitability. They’re testing their electability though (or at least that’s what it seems like to me, otherwise we wouldn’t have got Johnson).

Login to get fewer ads

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:34 - Jul 11 with 1288 viewsChondzoresk

As an ex Tory voter, I’d go for Sunak. Other than that the rest are pretty poor. Whoever it is won’t be getting my vote next GE.
FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:38 - Jul 11 with 1277 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I think nos 10 and 11 have been squabbling for a while. Of the runners and riders so far Sunak and Tugenhat seem the most sensible and the leat pandering to a part of the party who are grounded in rhetoric.

Not sure either will win

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:55 - Jul 11 with 1242 viewsFtnfwest

It’s pretty clear the final 2 will be Sunak v whoever wins out of the rest and it’s usually the latter that wins in such a contest as they have broader support usually which gains momentum as they go. I quite like Kemi although it’s mordant that seems to be the one that’s coming from nowhere a bit.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2022 20:55]
FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 21:13 - Jul 11 with 1173 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have tapped into my rightie alter ego and I am seeing Sajid Javid.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 21:47 - Jul 11 with 1129 viewsWD19

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:12 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

If only Hestletine had been more patient….now could have been his time.
FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 00:03 - Jul 12 with 1042 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I haven't evaluated them all. But Sunak cannot instroduce tax cuts when he announced, as J

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 07:08 - Jul 12 with 903 viewsElephantintheRoom

It’s quite interesting in many ways

It’s VERY funny to see how quickly these supposed leaders change their spots after doing the polar opposite two weeks earlier in Cabinet.

It’s an interesting insight into the grift and corruption of a political party. At least seven of these creatures who have no intention of being PM - they are merely creating power bases to influence the real runners and riders

Uttering appalling, near invisible constituency MPs such as Kami Badenough can be reinvented as ‘rising stars’.

And if you want to take it seriously, there’s only one white millionaire man in the running - this is an impressively eclectic mix of different minority groups, women etc etc. The fact that at least two of them would be in Ruanda under their own policies has been conveniently overlooked.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 08:41 - Jul 12 with 837 viewsVic

Im not a tory voter (well I have once or twice, but not usialy!) but of the current runners and riders I'd say that the army guy talks a lot of sense. In addition he hasn't got the baggage of being in the cabinet with Johnson.

That said, I'm not convinced by the argument that some of the ex cabinet ministers are changing tune. The idea of a cabinet is to make a decision which all then get behind, whether they like it or not. Doesn't mean they all agree with everything.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:11 - Jul 12 with 767 viewsLord_Lucan

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 20:21 - Jul 11 by Keno

I think you're right about the Lib Dem thing. He is a bit of a wet but comes across very well, I would have him - although, from the get go I wanted Ben Wallace or Penny Mordaunt with Tom Tugendhat as a sub.

I remain the same except Wallace has gone.

Don't want Sunak or Truss. I see Truss is officially standing now, I'm not sure if that is good or bad for Penny. Only two go through but will Truss split Sunaks vote or will they both fly through?

Interesting times.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:17 - Jul 12 with 746 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rory Stewart's voting record certainly doesn't align with Lib Dem values, but then they all get whipped don't they (no pun intended).

He's an intellectual mastermind compared to the rest of them put together though. He's crammed a ridiculous amount of experiences into his 49 year.s, speaks about a dozen languages, is outward-looking, seems sensible and to value evidence, etc. There's certainly no room for the likes of him in this version of the Tories.

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:21 - Jul 12 with 738 viewsDubtractor

Some interesting discussion here.

Glad it hasn't just descended into a 'boo, tories are bad thread.

We all know they are bad, just no need to labour the point.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:23 - Jul 12 with 731 viewsJ2BLUE

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:21 - Jul 12 by Dubtractor

Some interesting discussion here.

Glad it hasn't just descended into a 'boo, tories are bad thread.

We all know they are bad, just no need to labour the point.

It's like being asked to choose between being punched in the face or kicked in the balls. There's little point replying that it's the wrong choice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:25 - Jul 12 with 726 viewsGlasgowBlue

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:17 - Jul 12 by Swansea_Blue

Rory Stewart's voting record certainly doesn't align with Lib Dem values, but then they all get whipped don't they (no pun intended).

He's an intellectual mastermind compared to the rest of them put together though. He's crammed a ridiculous amount of experiences into his 49 year.s, speaks about a dozen languages, is outward-looking, seems sensible and to value evidence, etc. There's certainly no room for the likes of him in this version of the Tories.

Voting records are a waste of time when judging somebody's views. If you are elected as an MP for a political party then you are whipped into voting.

Otherwise you are never going to be promoted to a position where you can make genuine change, your constituency will be starved of money and eventually you will be deselected.

Iron Lion Zion

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:25 - Jul 12 with 714 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Jeremy Vine is Tim Vine's unfunny older brother.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:25 - Jul 12 with 713 viewsJosebadleg

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:17 - Jul 12 by Swansea_Blue

He mentioned on his podcast a few weeks back that if you don't vote the party line you would be punished. He voted against something in 2010 and then wasn't invited to become a minister for the rest of that government.

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:33 - Jul 12 with 699 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:25 - Jul 12 by GlasgowBlue

Voting records are a waste of time when judging somebody's views. If you are elected as an MP for a political party then you are whipped into voting.

Otherwise you are never going to be promoted to a position where you can make genuine change, your constituency will be starved of money and eventually you will be deselected.

That just goes to prove how fecked up politics is in this country. Why don't they just make votes secret? People should be allowed to vote for what's best for the country not what's going to stop their career going down the pan.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:45 - Jul 12 with 660 viewsGlasgowBlue

FAO twtd tories (or former tories) on 11:33 - Jul 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

That just goes to prove how fecked up politics is in this country. Why don't they just make votes secret? People should be allowed to vote for what's best for the country not what's going to stop their career going down the pan.

Whilst I agree with you to an extent, an MP relies on the popularity of the party and the party leader in order to get elected, so the party want loyalty in return.

There are plenty of very good constituency MP's who have lost their seats through no fault of their own because people were voting to get rid of party 'A' from government. Likewise, there have been some absolute wasters elected into parliament on the back of the popularity of their leader.

How many people wit fine principles and morals would get elected without the backing of a political party?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024