Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KVY 20:33 - Jul 25 with 3752 viewsFrimleyBlue

Must say. Slightly gutted for KVY.. but also not surprising we have gone for 2 new lwbs either.

Could we see KVY being worked on for another position or could it be the same route as penney really and could wee him moving on.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

KVY is back up Burns… and may have a role given Burns’ form, Penney shipped on 22:26 - Jul 25 with 844 viewsquad

KVY is back up Burns… and may have a role given Burns’ form, Penney shipped on 20:40 - Jul 25 by unstableblue

… as anyone can see Peney just does not cut it, defensively or attacking wise, as McKenna clearly agrees

It’s Leigh who I would feel sorry for… but I’m sure McKenna will do a good job in being clear to two both players they will have opportunity

I always felt like Penney was a weak link. Not to say he's a terrible player, just always felt like we could do a lot better. Thompson was better than him and he wasn't amazing either.

I feel sorry for Leigh too. He must have thought he was coming here to be first choice and I don't think he's going to be too happy to be sitting on the bench for a long time.

Is it possible he might play in Edmundson's position if Edmundson is not fully fit. ie be ahead of Burgess in the pecking order?
KVY on 22:29 - Jul 25 with 829 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

How in any way does us signing a left back influence the position in the pecking order of our incredibly right-footed only, never to be played on the left ever again after trying it there once, right back?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

KVY on 22:29 - Jul 25 with 828 viewsFrimleyBlue

KVY on 22:23 - Jul 25 by Big_Jase

What’s more strange is you feel sorry for a RWB, who has managed 31 appearances in 3 seasons, mostly at RWB, and when he has actually played at LWB has looked very shaky.

We have signed a highly rated LWB, who could have a high ceiling. If anything KVY was 3rd choice after Leigh and Penney. Assuming Penney moves on, he will still be 3rd choice LWB.

Course I can feel sorry for him. Injuries unfortunately tore apart his time since joining. He could have had a very different career path imo without such injuries.

And we will have to agree to disagree on him being shaky on the left. Imo he looked dangerous going forwards and strong at the back. Again unfortunate with injuries at the worse time for him. I prefer him on left than right. Imo never looked comfortable on the right.

Anyway. The good news is we appear now to have 2 very solid left side options regardless so it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. It's just I do see this as the path to the door for kvy as just don't see him being a KM for the right hand side. ( but that doesn't however depend on Edwards and how he's used of course. )

The other alternative perhaps is could kvy become a potential longterm replacement for donacien. Not something I've thought about, but people keen to tag him to right-side only.. maybe that's a future potential.

[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 22:35]

Waka waka eh eh

KVY on 22:29 - Jul 25 with 827 viewsFrimleyBlue

KVY on 22:29 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

How in any way does us signing a left back influence the position in the pecking order of our incredibly right-footed only, never to be played on the left ever again after trying it there once, right back?

Lol. Once. Lol.

Waka waka eh eh

KVY on 22:33 - Jul 25 with 819 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

KVY on 22:29 - Jul 25 by FrimleyBlue

Lol. Once. Lol.

Presumably the radio told you he’s covered the left hand side more than that then?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

KVY on 22:36 - Jul 25 with 813 viewsWicklowBlue

KVY on 22:23 - Jul 25 by Big_Jase

What’s more strange is you feel sorry for a RWB, who has managed 31 appearances in 3 seasons, mostly at RWB, and when he has actually played at LWB has looked very shaky.

We have signed a highly rated LWB, who could have a high ceiling. If anything KVY was 3rd choice after Leigh and Penney. Assuming Penney moves on, he will still be 3rd choice LWB.

This....

KVY still has a part to play no doubt. But as usual the OP is on a 'ing expedition.

We've just signed a great LB with a big future and still Frimmers takes a negative viewpoint.

Sod it, raise the bar and bring the best out of the players. We have a rely strong squad it's up to the players to get into the match day 11. With 5 subs this year having a big squad is more important than ever.
KVY on 22:39 - Jul 25 with 806 viewsFrimleyBlue

KVY on 22:33 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Presumably the radio told you he’s covered the left hand side more than that then?

I dunno. Did it tell you it was only once?

Waka waka eh eh

KVY on 22:42 - Jul 25 with 802 viewsFrimleyBlue

KVY on 22:36 - Jul 25 by WicklowBlue

This....

KVY still has a part to play no doubt. But as usual the OP is on a 'ing expedition.

We've just signed a great LB with a big future and still Frimmers takes a negative viewpoint.

Sod it, raise the bar and bring the best out of the players. We have a rely strong squad it's up to the players to get into the match day 11. With 5 subs this year having a big squad is more important than ever.

It's not really a negative post tbh. I'm really excited by the signing and said as such on another post about it. If you feel he has a part to play still. Brilliant. I hope this is the case. My OP was more of asking people if they felt KVY could be developed for another role thats less covered, hence I asked that question in my OP. But once again, posters choose what they wish from a post and ignore the actual content.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 22:45]

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

KVY on 22:46 - Jul 25 with 794 viewsWicklowBlue

KVY on 22:42 - Jul 25 by FrimleyBlue

It's not really a negative post tbh. I'm really excited by the signing and said as such on another post about it. If you feel he has a part to play still. Brilliant. I hope this is the case. My OP was more of asking people if they felt KVY could be developed for another role thats less covered, hence I asked that question in my OP. But once again, posters choose what they wish from a post and ignore the actual content.

Really please....
KVY on 23:15 - Jul 25 with 747 viewsBig_Jase

KVY on 22:42 - Jul 25 by FrimleyBlue

It’s not a negative post, but like at least 75% of your opinions on football, it’s absolute bobbins.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

KVY on 23:30 - Jul 25 with 725 viewsjeera

KVY on 22:07 - Jul 25 by quad

???

It means 'for feck's sake'.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

KVY on 02:34 - Jul 26 with 690 viewsBigCommon

KVY on 20:39 - Jul 25 by FrimleyBlue

I may may be wrong so if so, apologies. But as far as I remember KM has used KVY more on the left than on the right.

He has played left side. Got sent off at Dons playing left back under KM And used to play on the left for Col Utd under McGreal... Not so sure he''ll get chopped though, myself. Just think he is quite versatile and useful as a squad player...
It's getting to that stage now, though, where the squad is getting heavy. Especially if we are expecting another 1 or 2 incomings.. You'd have to assume Penney could be on the move. Wouldn't be overly surprised if Burgess moved on too. Just because of some slight limitations as a ball playing CB. Guess it depends on what KM 's plans are for Ndaba. But with Ball and Leigh and Davis all capable as CB cover. We could cope, imo.
KVY (n/t) on 04:24 - Jul 26 with 661 viewsquad

KVY on 23:30 - Jul 25 by jeera

KVY on 04:25 - Jul 26 with 660 viewsquad

KVY on 23:30 - Jul 25 by jeera

KVY on 07:22 - Jul 26 with 615 viewsWonTheCupin78

Won't impact KVY at all. If anything, we need a bigger squad this season due to the 5 subs situation. With injuries/suspensions/5 subs etc he will get plenty of opportunities either from the start or from the bench.
KVY on 09:23 - Jul 26 with 567 viewsBiGDonnie

KVY on 22:07 - Jul 25 by quad

???

!!!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

KVY on 09:26 - Jul 26 with 562 viewsParky

KVY on 20:36 - Jul 25 by Garv

Why does everyone keep pushing for KVY to play LWB?? He's incredibly right footed. You wouldn't play Aaron Cresswell at RWB, despite him being a quality footballer.

I mean, they’re two completely different players to compare. Let’s not forget that when we signed KVY, he was playing as a left-back for Colchester and played most of his time there.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 9:30]
KVY on 09:35 - Jul 26 with 536 viewsjayessess

From the moment Leigh came in it was fairly obvious we were going to try and sign two left backs this Summer, wasn't it?

Leigh seems a good player but his career to date suggested squad player not starter and the club briefed as such at the time.

We've never shown any inclination to regularly play right footed players at left back under McKenna.

KVY has had a good pre-season and Burns hasn't looked 100%, there might be opportunities there if he takes them. Not impossible he might look to move on though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

KVY on 09:40 - Jul 26 with 520 viewsPhilTWTD

KVY on 20:36 - Jul 25 by Garv

Why does everyone keep pushing for KVY to play LWB?? He's incredibly right footed. You wouldn't play Aaron Cresswell at RWB, despite him being a quality footballer.

He played a lot of his football for Colchester on the left, indeed he was playing there when we signed him, if I remember rightly. And the two best left-backs in our history have been right-footed!
KVY on 09:42 - Jul 26 with 505 viewschicoazul

KVY on 09:40 - Jul 26 by PhilTWTD

He played a lot of his football for Colchester on the left, indeed he was playing there when we signed him, if I remember rightly. And the two best left-backs in our history have been right-footed!

Neil Thompson was left footed actually.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

KVY on 09:57 - Jul 26 with 488 viewsfranz_tyson

After seeing the TWTD Open Day Gallery - I also feel a bit gutted for Penney. Phil caught a lovely smile of Penney on his Polaroid. Looks a very nice lad with an enchanting smile, but obviously not wanted here anymore.
KVY on 10:53 - Jul 26 with 477 viewsArnoldMoorhen

KVY on 09:42 - Jul 26 by chicoazul

Neil Thompson was left footed actually.

It's an interesting question. I would rank the Left Backs of my lifetime as:

Mills

Hreidarsson

Taricco

Cresswell

McCall

Clapham

Thompson

(And don't know where to put Mings, as we only ever saw him at the "raw potential" stage)

And right at the bottom:

Zeki Fryers v Huddersfield
KVY on 11:02 - Jul 26 with 463 viewsjayessess

KVY on 10:53 - Jul 26 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's an interesting question. I would rank the Left Backs of my lifetime as:

Mills

Hreidarsson

Taricco

Cresswell

McCall

Clapham

Thompson

(And don't know where to put Mings, as we only ever saw him at the "raw potential" stage)

And right at the bottom:

Zeki Fryers v Huddersfield

Mings got more accomplished later on, but he was still a bit better than "raw potential" for us, surely? More than 50 games for the best team we've had in the last 15 years.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

KVY on 15:06 - Jul 26 with 408 viewsGarv

KVY on 09:40 - Jul 26 by PhilTWTD

Not sure I see KVY hitting those heights, personally.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024